Should Stores Checking Receipts be Made Unlawful?

7 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

It seems most people who post on the internet claim stuff like this.  

You don't need to believe me.

Maybe am not black, but this 459lb woman with upper lip hair named Imelda. 

Maybe I live in Mexico, and am just very savvy on Canadian politics as am aiming to walk across your soft border.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Hey Loblaws has put in a lot of self-checkouts to save themselves money, and theft has gone up, and so their solution is to harass you by putting in scanners requiring you to check your receipt LOL:

https://globalnews.ca/news/10356789/loblaw-grocery-receipt-scanners/

I'm going to continue to scan my organic produce in as the regular kind and Galen Weston can kiss my ass.

16 hours ago, Black Dog said:

I'm going to continue to scan my organic produce in as the regular kind and Galen Weston can kiss my ass.

So you're going to cheat. A true Libbie...through and through.

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

So you're going to cheat. A true Libbie...through and through.

Heh, seriously.

Its like one of my friends who we wound up realizing we just couldn't be friends anymore.

He felt entitled to get s*** for free, based on how hard his life was.

Embarrassing to go to a restaurant with him, as he would always look for drama.

IE delicious steak at a Montana's restaurant. 

He starts to make his face, that I already know is him demanding a free dinner.

He is adamant the steaks weren't aged. Brings over a waiter, telling him the steaks aren't up to par. All while I am inhaling mine.

As he leaves to talk to his manager, my friend scolds me for it:

"You're going to eat that?!"

I am thinking to myself I would bathe in it, if I could....

Long story short, scolds the manager and is disappointed. 

The manager concedes these aren't aged for 48 hours. They only did for 24, due to time constraints. They still melt in the mouth.

He gives him a coupon for a free makeup up supper, doesn't charge us for our current "ordeal".

We walk out, and my friend is all smiles on the score that he got. Like actually proud of this s***.

I was embarrassed, felt horrible for the waiter, the manager having to deal with customers like this trying to trump up BS issues to get free food. 

His mindset is the same, thinking of the rich CEO, but not caring about the struggling waiter who will pay for this, and then some.

Take from the rich, make everyone poor, and then everyone is miserable, together.

🤡

20% of people will never steal, regardless of the circumstances. 20% of people will steal no matter what. 60% of people will steal if they think they can get away with it. That means 80% of the customers in a store are potential thieves. The receipt check is there to deter that 60%. The store has every right to take such actiona as is reasonable to protect their interests. I find the clowns who whine the loudest about "being accused of stealing" are the most irritating and I presume they are probably prone to stealing if they think they could get away with it.

If my support for a business that takes these measures to protect themselves helps them to reduce their loses, I am all for it.

On 3/17/2024 at 5:44 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

I find the clowns who whine the loudest about "being accused of stealing" are the most irritating and I presume they are probably prone to stealing if they think they could get away with it

Am all for checking everyone. 

I don't think random checks are effective. 

People like me wind up disproportionately getting targeted.

Muslim people with beards with a gym bag, automatically look suspicious.

To me, Costco has the right idea.

• Like 1

When I was in the shoe department in Walmart, I saw a pair of old worn shoes left on the floor.  Obviously someone put on a pair of new shoes and walked out.  There are lots of crooks around.  Can't blame stores for checking.  They probably lose a lot of money by shop lifters.  I am not sure what the best way to do it is.  We live in a world of many crooks.  So businesses have to protect themselves somehow.  Best to just go along with it and be agreeable.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 6:18 AM, Aristides said:

A standard question when you cross a border is do you have more than 10K in cash or how much cash do you have?

Another is did you buy any liquor when visiting.

I was about 4 when my dad tried to get back across the border on a family trip to Niagara Falls. 'Do you have any liquor' the border guard asked? 'No' dad replied. 'But dad, what about the beer in the trunk' I piped up? 'Bwahahaha' said my grandma beside me in the back seat.

It was always her favourite old family story.

Should dad have left me or Grandma at the side of the road?

On 3/20/2024 at 5:01 PM, blackbird said:

When I was in the shoe department in Walmart, I saw a pair of old worn shoes left on the floor.  Obviously someone put on a pair of new shoes and walked out.  There are lots of crooks around.  Can't blame stores for checking.

What these crooks don't care for, is ironically they often portray themselves as victims being forced to steal, but that in doing so--cost more to those who unfortunately happen to be honest.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2024 at 5:01 PM, blackbird said:

I am not sure what the best way to do it is.  

We opened up a restaurant, and just invested heavily in CCTV cameras.

If someone stole from me, would be petty enough to press charges even if its 20$.

I would send a strong message through it. I will gladly ruin your life with a jail record, and won't hesitate to use every legal lever to do so.

If that fails, will post your footage dining and dashing on our Facebook and YouTube and humiliate you into paying or at least in getting a name we can lay those charges into.

I have seen barber shops do this, successfully. 

Nothing like public shaming to get someone to pay.

All else fails, we do what most gas stations do, and you prepay for your food.

I have zero sympathy for people like this.

Most homeless people I have seen will ask you for food. For water.

There is a level of entitlement behind going to get fine dining food, and not only feeling entitled to it, but entitled to it for free, robbing staff and the owners at large who rely on that revenue, without a care.

The level of narssissism to me, warrants heavy handed consequences to be brutally handed down to such a person. 

• Thanks 1