How Shenna Bellows is defending her decision to keep Donald Trump off Maine’s ballot

1 hour ago, Fluffypants said:

Its amazing she took the ONLY state that ruled to remove Trump from the ballot, while every other challenge has been shot down to remove him from the ballot.

I will be willing to bet she wants to run for higher office and this was a good way to get her name in the news.

Here’s your problem: You think everything is politics.  There is LAW. It’s written. It must be obeyed.  

Donald Trump is a sack of shlt. Born with all the money in the world, he he spent his entire life being disgusting — cheated on all four of his wives, engaged in non-stop business fraud, and believes that laws don’t apply to him.  As in, literally filing a motion with the Supreme Court stating that he is exempt from criminal laws.  

So now all the Trump fools think there’s no such thing as law, there’s just whatever Donald says.  But it doesn’t work that way. There’s the US Constitution, and there is Maine state law, and there is the court system.  Maine has different laws; their law says that if someone challenges somebody’s eligibility to be on a ballot, it’s the Secretary of State who MUST decide.  

So she heard both sides, read the U.S. Constitution, saw that the little tub of shlt threw his rebellion and failed, so then she did her job, like she was supposed to.  Now her decision goes to court, which the little tub of shlt is allowed to do, and we’ll see what his friends on the Supreme Court say. Most likely, they’ll agree that insurrection is just dandy if you’re one of their friends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

Here’s your problem: You think everything is politics.  There is LAW. It’s written. It must be obeyed.  

Nobody anywhere thinks that this is a case of following the law. Even those who are paid to say they do probably don't.  If it was then all states would just do it.

So no.  That's not true. This is not 'obeying the law',  if she wanted to obey the law she's have kicked it up to a court that has jurisdiction to decide if his actions meet this bar.  Constitutional issues are the federal court's purview. And in fact others have done just that.

This is a person abusing their position to play political games with the law and weaponizing the courts.

That will come back to bite the dems hard. it is a very bad thing to do and it will harm democracy for a long time to come.

4 hours ago, Rebound said:

Donald Trump is a sack of shlt. Born with all the money in the world, he he spent his entire life being disgusting — cheated on all four of his wives, engaged in non-stop business fraud, and believes that laws don’t apply to him.  As in, literally filing a motion with the Supreme Court stating that he is exempt from criminal laws.  

So now all the Trump fools think there’s no such thing as law, there’s just whatever Donald says.  But it doesn’t work that way. There’s the US Constitution, and there is Maine state law, and there is the court system.  Maine has different laws; their law says that if someone challenges somebody’s eligibility to be on a ballot, it’s the Secretary of State who MUST decide.  

So she heard both sides, read the U.S. Constitution, saw that the little tub of shlt threw his rebellion and failed, so then she did her job, like she was supposed to.  Now her decision goes to court, which the little tub of shlt is allowed to do, and we’ll see what his friends on the Supreme Court say. Most likely, they’ll agree that insurrection is just dandy if you’re one of their friends.

So are you saying that ALL the other states didn't follow the law when they said no to removing Trump from the ballot.

She based her decision on ONE states decision and who is to say what Trump did was an insurrection. I don't see anyone being charged with insurrection inside or outside of Trumps inner circle.

Democrats are gaslighting everyone into thinking a simple riot was an "insurrection" that is why they treat Jan 6th like a holiday, the day we almost lost our Democracy and some grand conspiracy. When all it was is simple mob mentality and things getting out of control. Democrats have been  violently rioting for years attacking everything from federal buildings, police stations and various retail and food service establishment prior but this was a line that couldn't be crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Nope, but I do know the SCOTUS will burn that b*tch and her hubris to the ground. I'm looking forward to that, and I hope you are too. ;) 

I sure hope you're right, but I gotta admit- there is a cynical little voice in me that says, don't count yer chickens yet there, lassie.

It's been more than a few times I saw 'em celebratin, a-whoopin and a hollerin cause they thought they won it for sure. All of a sudden- no, damn you.

Which brings us that wise, auld adage,

System Normal, All F*cked Up.

;)

So are you saying that ALL the other states didn't follow the law when they said no to removing Trump from the ballot.

She based her decision on ONE states decision and who is to say what Trump did was an insurrection. I don't see anyone being charged with insurrection inside or outside of Trumps inner circle.

Democrats are gaslighting everyone into thinking a simple riot was an "insurrection" that is why they treat Jan 6th like a holiday, the day we almost lost our Democracy and some grand conspiracy. When all it was is simple mob mentality and things getting out of control. Democrats have been  violently rioting for years attacking everything from federal buildings, police stations and various retail and food service establishment prior but this was a line that couldn't be crossed.

Maine law is not the same as the laws of other states.

The other states refused to remove Trump from the ballot for a variety of “kick the can down the road” reasons: Plaintiffs lacked standing, or the 14th Amendment is not self-executing, or we don’t have the authority. One judge’s excuse was that the 14th states that the person must have taken an oath to “uphold” the Constitution, but the Presidential oath Trump took is to “defend” the Constitution, not to “uphold” it (that wins “dumbest excuse ever” award, but I think there was a clever strategy behind it).  I don’t know if any court or authority has denied that Trump took part in, or supported, an insurrection.  

However, the Maine SoS knew perfectly well that her decision was subject to judicial appeal, and that it will be appealed, and it would be appealed whichever way she ruled… so why get upset with her? 

Jan 6 is the day we almost lost our democracy. No joke, no hyperbole. 

We were exactly ONE person away from a constitutional crisis unlike anything the country has seen before: Mike Pence.

If the Vice President had followed Trumpco's criminal scheme, had caved to the pressure and threats, had been cowed by Trump's rabid mob, howling for his death, we very well could have fallen into some state of chaos or civil war. I disagree with almost everything Pence has ever said politically, but that day he stood strong, did his duty and upheld his oath to defend the constitution. That day he was heroic. 

And I still continue to be shocked and appalled that Republicans want to put back in office the man who tried to overthrow our government. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

Maine law is not the same as the laws of other states.

Funny - i thought the constitution was the same there as it was everywhere else.  Weren't you saying this was a constitutional law that they were following?

Is it law or isn't it? Is the constitution different in maine?

The other states refused to remove Trump from the ballot for a variety of “kick the can down the road” reasons: Plaintiffs lacked standing, or the 14th Amendment is not self-executing, or we don’t have the authority.

In other words they recognize that the constitution is not to be interpreted by the states, it's a federal matter

Yeah.

So that would make Maine very wrong and politically motivated.  But i'm glad we could clear that up.

2 hours ago, Hodad said:

Jan 6 is the day we almost lost our democracy. No joke, no hyperbole. 

We were exactly ONE person away from a constitutional crisis unlike anything the country has seen before: Mike Pence.

If the Vice President had followed Trumpco's criminal scheme, had caved to the pressure and threats, had been cowed by Trump's rabid mob, howling for his death, we very well could have fallen into some state of chaos or civil war. I disagree with almost everything Pence has ever said politically, but that day he stood strong, did his duty and upheld his oath to defend the constitution. That day he was heroic. 

And I still continue to be shocked and appalled that Republicans want to put back in office the man who tried to overthrow our government. 

Funny you should use those words when your whole post is exactly that.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Deluge said:

January 6 was certainly a rough day for snowflakes, that's for damn sure. I don't know how you woketards made it to the next morning. 

Are you kidding? It was the best day of their lives! That's why they've worked so hard to try to milk it for every single thing they possibly can!  If it wasn't for that we'd be talking about trump's record and that would be death for them :)

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Are you kidding? It was the best day of their lives! That's why they've worked so hard to try to milk it for every single thing they possibly can!  If it wasn't for that we'd be talking about trump's record and that would be death for them :)

Aren't those creatures fascinating? One moment the're giddy with hate-filled mirth, the next they're screaming and stamping their feet like unhinged Karens. I don't know which would be more satisfying: to punch their faces or seal them up in sound proof holding cells. 

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Just choke it down. That's what college teaches.

What a dope.

College teaches critical thinking, which is why most college educated people can see right through Trump’s lies. 

As I said, the Maine SoS applied Maine law, and the US Constitution. No matter which decision she made, it was subject to judicial appeal, so why are you upset with her decision? It’s clearly not a final decision, so don’t get your panties all twisted up. 

I’m almost certain the SCOTUS will rule in Trump’s favor on this.  If they were seriously thinking of declaring him ineligible, they’d rush to do it before the primaries, but they’re taking their time and their ruling will probably be in April or May, after Super Tuesday. It would be a disaster to rule him ineligible after eighteen states have already held their Presidential primaries. But, we shall see.

Edited by Rebound
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

College teaches critical thinking, which is why most college educated people can see right through Trump’s lies. 

As I said, the Maine SoS applied Maine law, and the US Constitution. No matter which decision she made, it was subject to judicial appeal, so why are you upset with her decision? It’s clearly not a final decision, so don’t get your panties all twisted up. 

Ummm.....  no.  No, i posted all this data here a  short while ago.

The percent of college grads are about the same for each party.  The percent with some college (degree or diploma etc) is higher for the republicans.

Sowweee :)

University grads are different, they strongly favor the dems.  That's because universities have become strongly institutionalized as democratic breeding grounds and students who don't conform to that are run off or silenced. Interestingly enough that's  kind of a recent thing - in years gone by university educated people were mostly republican.

14 hours ago, Hodad said:

If you think that, you have no idea what was happening inside the certification process. The mob was just the tip of the iceberg. Educate yourself.

For leftoids like Wokedad, a gathering of protesting conservatives is an "insurrectionist mob", but when Antifa and BLM gather to trash property and set cities on fire, it is "social justice". lol

49 minutes ago, Deluge said:

For leftoids like Wokedad, a gathering of protesting conservatives is an "insurrectionist mob", but when Antifa and BLM gather to trash property and set cities on fire, it is "social justice". lol

People who riot and start fires should be arrested and charged with crimes. I’m sure that many hundreds of people were in the wake of the BLM protests.  That’s the law. 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Ummm.....  no.  No, i posted all this data here a  short while ago.

The percent of college grads are about the same for each party.  The percent with some college (degree or diploma etc) is higher for the republicans.

Sowweee :)

University grads are different, they strongly favor the dems.  That's because universities have become strongly institutionalized as democratic breeding grounds and students who don't conform to that are run off or silenced. Interestingly enough that's  kind of a recent thing - in years gone by university educated people were mostly republican.

You’re talking so you must be lying:

Education. Democrats lead by 22 points (57%-35%) in leaned party identification among adults with post-graduate degrees. The Democrats’ edge is narrower among those with college degrees or some post-graduate experience (49%-42%), and those with less education (47%-39%).  Across all educational categories, women are more likely than men to affiliate with the Democratic Party or lean Democratic. The Democrats’ advantage is 35 points (64%-29%) among women with post-graduate degrees, but only eight points (50%-42%) among post-grad men”

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2015/04/07/a-deep-dive-into-party-affiliation/

Edited by Rebound
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

You’re talking so you must be lying:”

LOL - which is how democrats feel about anyone who says anything they don't like :)  But lets see who's lying. 

Education. Democrats lead by 22 points (57%-35%) in leaned party identification among adults with post-graduate degrees. The Democrats’ edge is narrower among those with college degrees or some post-graduate experience (49%-42%), and those with less education (47%-39%).

So - your 'proof' is from 9 years ago.  Interesting.

Here's something a little more recent.

Here's pew's research from 2020 - 5 years later. now -  why wouldn't you use the newer data from the SAME POLLING GROUP?!?!  Ahhh yes - you prefered to lie and be dishonest.

Lets see what it says.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2020/10/26/what-the-2020-electorate-looks-like-by-party-race-and-ethnicity-age-education-and-religion/

image.thumb.png.e26c2f03d15c85ec66bfd51ec0345993.png

Now - what had i said? That the total of those who had some college or a degree from college was about the same as the dems.

IN 2020 (data from 2019) pew found that the dems total college (some or full) was 53 percent.  The Republicans was 54.

So - in fact the republicans was more.  So 'about the same' was pretty generous.  I was right - and the liar here is you.

FURTHER - even if you JUST take those who had degrees - its' 19-22.  Which AGAIN is about the same, no huge gap there, pretty similar.

Now you look like the village 1diot again.  You would think by this point you'd realize that i don't say things unless i'm fairly sure they're true. I can make mistakes but accusing me of being a liar when you're NOT 100 PERCENT SURE that i'm wrong is stupid.

Try harder to be smarter than a rock next time pls.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:48 PM, Deluge said:

It's what you want, stoopid, not what's been "FORCED". Pay attention. 

Sorry, pervert, the Constitution doesn't give you degenerates the right to remove Trump from the ballot. That is banana republic shit and has no place in our Constitutional Republic. You're just going to have to pack your shit and move to Cuba. 

This ^OPINION means NOTHING compared to conservative legal experts who've PROVED YOU WRONG.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:55 AM, independent thinker said:

this is going to be a real problem for the SCOTUS they have to rule on the 14th but then it gets them into a predicament, they have to look at article 2 where it says the state legislatures have the duty to appoint the delegates to the EC in any manner they may see fit.

now when it comes to article 2 of the Constitution the SCOTUS will have to decide are primaries part of the system to choose delegates to the EC or not.

IF they are then it is up to the state legislature to say how they will be run those primaries and who can run.

under Article 2 state legislatures don't even need to hold elections they can just appoint who ever they want and tell them who to vote for at the EC.

of course IF they did this I am sure the people of their state would be really mad and they would not have a job for too long

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Most states have laws or State Constitutional requirements to appoint EC electors on the basis of the popular vote in their state.