The Great Big 2024 Election Battle Thread!

47 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I may have struck a nerve with that “science classes in college” dig.  Sometimes the truth hurts…

You are just a joke, who has a fantasy about something being wrong with taking "science classes in college."

Perhaps you're just embarrassed because you DID NOT.

33 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Okay then, riddle me this:

How is it that Trump was able to slow immigration to a crawl?  And remember the comment, “they aren’t sending us their best”?  
Why is Biden unable to even verbally address this issue?  Surely he could do better than Trump’s bull in a China shop approach.

Trump slowed immigration with his abhorrent policy of separating children from their parents at the border, and Biden refuses to STOOP THAT LOW.

There are still thousands of children who were separated from their parents at the border and we've been unable to reunite them due to non-existent record keeping under the Trump admin.

You're welcome.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You are just a joke, who has a fantasy about something being wrong with taking "science classes in college."

Perhaps you're just embarrassed because you DID NOT.

Ooh, I’m embarrassed, eh?  😝

Your clumsy language in which you thought you were winning a point by claiming to another poster, that you “took science classes in college”, is the most laughable thing I’ve read in this forum in the over 15 years that I’ve been here.  So thanks for that.

An actual college student would have mentioned the specific field of study, not termed them “science classes”(as if you were still in grade 9).  And would have mentioned a degree earned, or not mentioned it at all.  

And in rebuttal to my earlier pointing all this out, you posted a photo of some college to help “prove” you actually attended there!  Priceless!!

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

How is it that Trump was able to slow immigration to a crawl?  And remember the comment, “they aren’t sending us their best”?  
Why is Biden unable to even verbally address this issue?  Surely he could do better than Trump’s bull in a China shop approach.

The Trump administration separated families, and would not allow asylum seekers to claim asylum at the point of entry. They had to apply from Mexico. That is illegal. Any person who is at a port of entry and claims asylum must, by law, be admitted and to have their claim investigated and processed. That is not only international law, but US law, passed by Congress and up held by the SCOTUS. They cannot be removed until that process is complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Ooh, I’m embarrassed, eh?  😝

Well, you SHOULD BE.

Your clumsy language in which you thought you were winning a point by claiming to another poster, that you “took science classes in college”, is the most laughable thing I’ve read in this forum in the over 15 years that I’ve been here.  So thanks for that.

So you've NOT taken "science classes in college," just as I thought.

An actual college student would have mentioned the specific field of study, not termed them “science classes”(as if you were still in grade 9).  And would have mentioned a degree earned, or not mentioned it at all.  

I have mentioned those things BEFORE. Sorry you missed that.

FWIW I have an MSEE. Didn't know you were interested, since "science classes" seem to be a foreign concept to YOU.

And in rebuttal to my earlier pointing all this out, you posted a photo of some college to help “prove” you actually attended there!  Priceless!!

You obviously can't read. What I posted was a pic of the UCSD Library, cause the architecture is unusual and to show I know where it is.

It's also where I went to read scientific journals; but never attended, nor did I claim that I did.

IOW, you're very confused.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Well, you SHOULD BE.

So you've NOT taken "science classes in college," just as I thought.

I have mentioned those things BEFORE. Sorry you missed that.

FWIW I have an MSEE. Didn't know you were interested, since "science classes" seem to be a foreign concept to YOU.

You obviously can't read. What I posted was a pic of the UCSD Library, cause the architecture is unusual and to show I know where it is.

It's also where I went to read scientific journals; but never attended, nor did I claim that I did.

IOW, you're very confused.

Whatever you say, science guy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The Trump administration separated families, and would not allow asylum seekers to claim asylum at the point of entry. They had to apply from Mexico. That is illegal. Any person who is at a port of entry and claims asylum must, by law, be admitted and to have their claim investigated and processed. That is not only international law, but US law, passed by Congress and up held by the SCOTUS. They cannot be removed until that process is complete.

For sake of argument, let's say that you are 100% correct in the above.  What you are saying is that a sitting president had the US border handling immigrants illegally.  For what, 3 years?  And no court intervened.  He wasn't arrested for this.  He is now not being prosecuted for this.   It seems a sitting American president can just dictate whatever he wants, whether it's illegal or not, and as long as he has either the Senate or the Congress, he gets away with it?

Which means that Biden, or any of the previous presidents could theoretically break the law if they wanted to.  Thats a strange reality, I think you are going to have to colour me skeptical on that one.

• Thanks 1

Whatever you say, science guy.

In reality, I am an engineer. That's what MSEE means. Not surprised you don't know that.

Of course engineering depends on understanding science.

Maybe you should get a subscription to Scientific American like I did long ago.

IF you can understand it, you MIGHT be ready to belittle "science guy." Until then, you don't know what you're talking about.

For sake of argument, let's say that you are 100% correct in the above.  What you are saying is that a sitting president had the US border handling immigrants illegally.  For what, 3 years?  And no court intervened.  He wasn't arrested for this.  He is now not being prosecuted for this.   It seems a sitting American president can just dictate whatever he wants, whether it's illegal or not, and as long as he has either the Senate or the Congress, he gets away with it?

Which means that Biden, or any of the previous presidents could theoretically break the law if they wanted to.  Thats a strange reality, I think you are going to have to colour me skeptical on that one.

In reality, Trump broke many more laws than he's being prosecuted for. Hard for the MAGA CULT to believe, I know....

Before POTUS, he would routinely buy his way out of legal jeopardy with campaign donations to district attorneys, like Pam Bondi.

The Trump Foundation-Pam Bondi scandal - CREW

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

All Biden has to do is put the blame on Congress where it squarely belongs, because only they have the power to change the immigration laws.

He needs to continually harp on the Republicon House's refusal to change the law cause they just want to keep it for a political issue.

So you're saying the president doesn't matter

Might as well have trump then :)  

But you are correct that along with trump the US should elect a republican house and senate.

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

Trump slowed immigration with his abhorrent policy of separating children from their parents at the border, and Biden refuses to STOOP THAT LOW.

Uhh no, that's still the policy under biden.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-children-separated-parents-u-s-border-agents-overcrowding/

Was under obama too.

Sorry kiddo.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

With a surging economy, President Biden is still lagging in the polls. That shows people are more concerned about the southern border than the economy. It is the border issue that will re-elect President Trump. It is the gift that keeps on giving to the former President. There is no legal remedy for the growing migration across the border. The GOP just has to keep up the mantra that President Biden has to stop people from crossing the border. When asked how, they say Biden is encouraging it. The truth is, President Biden knows this issue is costing him the election and if he had a way to solve the problem he would do it. There is no legal way to solve the border crisis. It is only going to get worse.

President Trump loves it because it will give him back the Presidency, and after that, he has no incentive to solve it. Let them come, because he cannot run again so why should he care. As long as the Secret Service keeps them away from his golf resort, he doesn't have any reason to do anything.

I agree with some of this, Biden cannot just Close the Border, that would cause a lot of Republican owned companies who use South of the Border labor a great deal of money, and put a whole lot of newly added Texas Rangers out of work along with a large contingent of other businesses who cater to migrant labor. Even Texas knows this despite errecting mid-Rio Grande barriers and shipping off bus loads of not wanted migrants to other states and unloading them in the dead of night in the middle of nowhere. Can't say I would be voting Republican when I became a citizen,  if I we're treated like that.  Yet Trumps immigration policies are doing just that, creating new under classes who absolutely hate the Republican Party in any form. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2024 at 1:53 PM, sharkman said:

Trump reduced LEGAL immigration. Didn't reduce illegal immigration. That's a FOX news fantasy.

9 hours ago, Hodad said:

Trump reduced LEGAL immigration. Didn't reduce illegal immigration. That's a FOX news fantasy.

LOL is that a fact  : )   well post your numbers on that.  I bet you can't back up that statement :)  But we'll see

On 1/5/2024 at 12:04 AM, Hodad said:

On 1/5/2024 at 9:47 AM, CdnFox said:

LOL is that a fact  : )   well post your numbers on that.  I bet you can't back up that statement :)  But we'll see

Oh look i was right :)

On 1/1/2024 at 6:20 PM, Rebound said:

Thats not your prediction, its your dream. 
My prediction is that Trump will wrap up his campaign from a jail cell.  

That's actually YOUR dream - well, it's more of a fever dream, as TDS has taken over most of your brain. 

On 1/5/2024 at 1:04 AM, Hodad said:

Trump was the world's greatest gatekeeper compared to Joe Biden. The hair sniffer can't even open the doors for talented professionals. 

Seems like trump's firing back at biden calling the jailed capital protesters 'hostages' :)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-clinton-iowa-comments-january-6-rioters/

Clinton, Iowa — Former President Donald Trump said Saturday at a campaign rally in Clinton, Iowa, that President Biden should release Jan. 6 rioters who are serving prison time for their actions during the attack on the U.S. Capitol

"Release the J6 hostages, Joe," Trump said. "Release them, Joe. You can do it real easy, Joe." 

Trump made the comments three years since the day of the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol. It's unclear who he meant would be released since many of those who were convicted of misdemeanors have already served out their sentences.  

A CBS News poll released Saturday found two-thirds of Republicans support Trump's suggestion to grant pardons to those involved in the Jan. 6 attacks

It certainly plays into the 'dems are bending the laws to inappropriately punish their enemies'  message trump has been pushing.

We'll see how sticky that is, but while it may win him the nomination it's not going to win him the election sooner or later he'll have to transition to a wider audience.

4 hours ago, Deluge said:

Trump was the world's greatest gatekeeper compared to Joe Biden. The hair sniffer can't even open the doors for talented professionals. 

well i haven't dug too deep into it but there does seem to be at least some evidence of that

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000017f-d8bd-d522-ab7f-debd59400000

Under Biden’s immigration policies, illegal border crossings have soared to all-time highs.

With Title 42 ending, Biden officials warn: a border surge is coming.
Biden’s own officials are warning the crisis at the Southern Border will get worse as Title 42 expires.

I wonder how much this is on people's radar and how much of an election issue it'll be

In Oct 2020 the FBI had two tricks up their sleeve for Biden:

1) They successfully cancelled the laptop story and created the impression that it was actually just more Russian disinformation

2) They "solved" their own Whitmer kidnapping plot

With the anti-Trump crackheads being twitchier than ever this year, I can't imagine the FBI not finding a way to get involved again, especially with Trump so far ahead in the polls this time. 

My prediction: as soon as the 2024 'mostly peaceful protests' come to an end, a video clip or clips from the FBI's spy campaign will be leaked to a Vanity Fair type rag. 

Let's be honest, it's impossible that they spied on him for 4 years and didn't record enough debauchery to write the Old Balls Kama Sutra, but they can't just hand it over to CNN with the FBI logo all over it. 

If they go with 2 again this year, the second one will just be more Russian collusion-related BS. Maybe the accusation that Trump and his associates somehow aided the Russians in Ukraine, or that he cut a deal with them to start that war if Biden won.

I can't imagine getting through 2024 without Antifa, BLM and the FBI going all out in support of Biden. 

Looks like biden wants to avoid running on his record - here's his response to trump's claim he's holding hostages ;)

https://www.thefp.com/p/biden-all-about-trump-jan-6-2024

Biden Makes It All About Trump. Will That Be Enough?

Could the president drop out? Democratic leaders wishcast. Plus, a missing defense secretary, the Golden Globes, and more.

For the first three years of his presidency, Biden tried to avoid saying the words Donald Trump. On Friday night, he mentioned the man 44 times.

In a speech at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, on the eve of the third anniversary of the January 6 riot, Joe Biden made the case for his reelection by castigating his predecessor.

“Today we’re here to answer the most important of questions,” said Biden. “Is democracy still America’s sacred cause?. . . . [It’s] the most urgent question of our time, and it’s what the 2024 election is all about.” 

He went on: “Donald Trump’s campaign is about him, not America, not you.”

The same can be said of Biden’s own campaign. 

Faced with an unenthusiastic Democratic base, three in four Americans who say they are “seriously concerned” that his age might affect his mental and physical competence, and poll after poll showing him losing to Trump in a head-to-head matchup, Biden is betting on his opponent’s shortcomings rather than his own strengths. 

I don't think this is going to cut it for biden. I think he still has to convince people that he's the right guy for the job, not that trump is a bad person. And i don't think this attitude gets him there.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CdnFox said:

well i haven't dug too deep into it but there does seem to be at least some evidence of that

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000017f-d8bd-d522-ab7f-debd59400000

Under Biden’s immigration policies, illegal border crossings have soared to all-time highs.

With Title 42 ending, Biden officials warn: a border surge is coming.
Biden’s own officials are warning the crisis at the Southern Border will get worse as Title 42 expires.

I wonder how much this is on people's radar and how much of an election issue it'll be

It's Title 42's fault!!!

-- The Left

• Like 1

Like I said in another thread, I don't think Biden is actually running in the 2024 election. 

The Dems just know that they don't have any candidates that can beat Bernie, and they can't conspire against him again because Bernie has enough supporters within the DNC that it's impossible to do it without another leak. 

A great man once said: "The Democrat Party is such a clown car of disgraced losers that they make communism look like a shining beacon of hope." 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

It's Title 42's fault!!!

-- The Left

That title 42 is ALWAYS running around on it's own causing trouble. It's worse than that 'bill' from schoolhouse rock.   "Oh i'm just a bill yes i'm only a bill and i'm sitting here on capital hill....."