Canada's Immigration plan is not viable in any version of reality - BMO

50 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Only economists, social...scientists (LOL), and governments were saying that.

Nope - none of them were concerned about over population.  they were concerned about under population with the baby boom.

But - sure, post all these research or professional papers from the 70's saying that canada  was in danger of being severely overpopulated that were written in the 70's.

Nothing? Not a one?

Right.

In recent media coverage, this quarter alone Canada let in 405,000 people... yes it is the highest quarter ever, but why do people think this is sustainable...if our highest home building numbers are half of that for a full year...even a grade 3 math student can tell you it is not sustainable....demand is always going to outstrip supply and housing will continue to spiral out of control...What we need is some common sense to be applied...and i don't see it from the liberals or the NDP, shit i barely see it from the conservatives...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No they're perfectly correct given the received assumptions of economists and other social (LOL)..scientists.   Why would they need to give it anymore thought?

Doesn't matter if they're right or wrong.  It just shows you are.

in the 70's they were NEVER talking about how overcrowding in Canada was a big problem.

They're STILL not.

And in fact this article isn't either, it's just saying that we're bringing in immigrants too fast to absorb them.  Not that we can't bring in immigrants.

In fact - oringinally we were supposed to hit 100 million people BY the 70's.

https://macleans.ca/news/canada/canada-was-supposed-to-have-100-million-people-by-the-1970s/

Once again -  You make shit up and just lie about it and you look stupid when people post the truth.

48 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Canada is not a part of the world? I did not know that.

You don't really know anything, so that shouldn't surprise you.

I on the other hand know quite a bit. LIke the fact you couldn't produce any of these "Science" reports suggsting Canada would be overcrowded by now.

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I realize the idea that we could possibly reduce our population is unrealistic. We have to accept and prepare for a massive influx of people in the next couple of centuries as Central America and the southern United States become less hospitable. 

Well in the long run we WANT more people.  Larger economies tend to do better and be more reliable. Honestly it's amazing we've done as well as we did with such a small population.

But - you HAVE to have the homes and infrastructure (hospitals, schools etc) to support that.  And there has to be a solid structure for integration.  That's just the way it is, you can't have immigration that exceeds that capacity.

THat's the problem with trudeau, Whatever pops into his teeny tiny little head without thought. He's been told it's not possible to have all cars be electric by 2035 but he's going to pass a law. He's been told that immigration is going faster than our ability to house people but he's just going to keep going ahead.

There is no thought or logic and that's why we are in this mess. The government can have as many immigrants as it wants provided it's made provisions to deal with them. But he hasn't.

Canada continues to get poorer as we we bring in hundreds of thousands of migrants. Our GDP per capita has dropped for five straight quarters now. It's rising in the US, though. I wonder why that would be...

National Bank Financial recalculated Canada's GDP per capita after the release of 3Q ?? population data, which showed 3.2% population growth from year ago. Firm says Canada per-capita GDP fell a whopping 4.4% in 3Q. On WSJ wires: pic.twitter.com/I8q6mbj2ZP

https://spencerfernando.com/2023/12/21/canadas-per-capita-gdp-is-collapsing/#:~:text=According to National Bank Financial%2C Canada’s per capita,rampant immigration – the drop is even worse%3A

Edited by I am Groot

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Nope - none of them were concerned about over population.  they were concerned about under population with the baby boom.

But - sure, post all these research or professional papers from the 70's saying that canada  was in danger of being severely overpopulated that were written in the 70's.

Nothing? Not a one?

Right.

First of all, you do agree that Canada is on Earth correct? The danger is global, like climate change and yes even housing.

1.6 billion people around the world lack adequate housing and basic services, with projections that this could rise to 3 billion by 2030

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2023/10/un-expert-urges-action-end-global-affordable-housing-crisis#:~:text=He noted that a staggering,to 3 billion by 2030.

In any case there's thousands and thousands of articles on the topic of overpopulation. Here's a whole bunch written between 1900 and 1970.

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?q=overpopulation+scholarly+articles&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1&as_ylo=1901&as_yhi=1970

And 1970-1980... it goes on and on.

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?q=overpopulation+scholarly+articles&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1&as_ylo=1970&as_yhi=1980

If you have any evidence of anyone seriously warning us that Earth is severely underpopulated I'd love to see it.

On 12/20/2023 at 4:43 PM, I am Groot said:

There was a time every major institution and every media organ was 100% behind immigration. It was the third rail. No one dared gainsay it. Not a single politician in English Canada ever dared suggest we lower it. Well, the universal love from the media and institutions went out the window this year. Now we just need the politicians to follow suit.

On the contrary, In the past, many institutions/people opposed immigration 

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

First of all, you do agree that Canada is on Earth correct?

Canada is, you're not.  This has nothing to do with 'earth'. This is canada.  ANd if you feel you have to change the subject all that means is you got caught lying again.

The danger is global, like climate change and yes even housing.

Nope. Not even close. We're talking about right now, and we're talking about canada.  We don't have to let more people in.  We don't have to accept any more than we want.  BUT - if we ARE going to accept people then we MUST be able to have enough homes, schools etc.  It's that simple.  And that's what we're talking about today - nobody is forcing us to take  people.

The rest of your drivel is just pathetic.

This is simple - nobody - NOBODY - was talking in 1970 about how canada would have a population problem.  And they're STILL not.  You were completely full of shit.

And i see you could not post ONE SINGLE DOCUMENT that showed canada was worried about over population.

Instead you're such a pathetic slimeball that you're trying to change the subject to something that has nothing to do with the discussion.

NOBODY was ever talking about canada having an overpopulation issue. Nobody. And as suspected you couldn't post a single thing that says otherwise. The challenge is we didn't keep up with the infrastructure and that is on trudeau.

We are no where remotely close to having too many people.  What we have is too few homes. We should have built more homes before we let in more people and we did not.

27 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Good.

And all I was saying is that overpopulation like climate change and the housing crisis is a global problem that affects Canada as well.  They're all intertwined actually.

All you were doing is lying your ass off to cover your previous misstatement

The housing crisis is not a result of climate change. The housing crisis is NOT a global problem in the slightest.  They are not intertwined at all.

Our housing crisis has nothing to do with any of that and was not disucssed or predicted in the 70s as you suggested. Our housing crisis is a direct result of immigration policy at the federal level and house construction policy at the city provincial and federal levels.  That's it.  Nobody was 'warned' decades ago. It has zilch to do with anything else.

We did not build enough homes. It's that simple. If we had built enough homes, there would be no crisis.  We didn't.

11 hours ago, August1991 said:

On the contrary, In the past, many institutions/people opposed immigration 

Ordinary people maybe, but no institutions. Not in English Canada. Anyone who disagreed with or criticized immigration was dismissed as a racist/xenophobe.

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

Ordinary people maybe, but no institutions. Not in English Canada. Anyone who disagreed with or criticized immigration was dismissed as a racist/xenophobe.

I have to admit, i can't think of an institution off the top of my head that opposed it. Other than perhaps the liberals turning away the jews during ww2 but that was a very specific case.

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The housing crisis is not a result of climate change. The housing crisis is NOT a global problem in the slightest.  They are not intertwined at all.

Yes they are and overpopulation runs thru them like a river. The economy may need more people but of course the economy imagines all the problems caused by overpopulation are external to it. Mainstream economic thinking literally regards the environment as a nothingburger - it effectively doesn't even exist.

Social scientists, you gotta love 'em... LMAO!

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yes they are and overpopulation runs thru them like a river.

Where.  Show me where overpopulation in teh world is FORCING canada to except more people than it's built homes for. Go ahead - explain why we have no control over our borders and  the number of immigrants we have isn't a gov't decision.

You MUST realize how you sound right now.

47 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Where. 

Earth. Like everyone else you're directly over the center of it.  Do you know where I'm talking about?  Don't look up.

Show me where overpopulation in teh world is FORCING canada to except more people than it's built homes for.

Why? I didn't say it did.  

Go ahead - explain why we have no control over our borders and  the number of immigrants we have isn't a gov't decision.

What are you talking about? We have all sorts of control over our borders although we could stand to beef them up, and of course the numbers of immigrants allowed in is a decision for governments to make.  All I did was offer my opinion that we should have limited our population growth - the entire world should have...decades ago. As per the concerns of scientists going back even decades before that. 

You MUST realize how you sound right now.

Yes, a lot calmer than you sound.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Earth.

So no where.  You can't actually point at an example. You're literally staring at your feet.

Do you ever notice our conversations tend to go this way - you making rediculous sweeping statements and then when i actually force you to identify what you're talking about you don't have a clue and can't point to a single example?  Doesn't that concern you? It really should.....

Why? I didn't say it did.  

Sure you did.  I said it doesn't affect canadas immigration and you said it absolutely did.  If that's not what you meant then what would be the point of bringing it up,?   I take it this is yet another example of you realizing you were wrong and trying to backpeddal and redefine what you meant? How dull.

What are you talking about? We have all sorts of control over our borders

Well then everything you said previously was wrong. The whole 'world overpopulation' thing has no impact on canada. We only let in however many we want, give or take a few sneaks.

So all the rest of your stuff was complete bullshit, as  i previously noted but now you've confirmed.

Thanks for playing kiddo. Next time think it through to the end BEFORE you make 1diotic statements about how canadians were warned about how their population would be too big decades ago.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Sure you did. 

I said, in response to Groot saying we should have been lowering immigration, that we should have limited our population growth to a sustainable level.

I said it doesn't affect canadas immigration and you said it absolutely did.

No, I said that overpopulation was a problem we recognized decades ago while you switched gears and said I was talking about immigration being a problem we recognized decades ago.

If that's not what you meant then what would be the point of bringing it up,? 

I didn't bring it up, you're saying I did because you refuse/can't/won't follow a discussion without tripping over yourself.

I take it this is yet another example of you realizing you were wrong and trying to backpeddal and redefine what you meant? How dull.

Nope this is just another example of you refusing to stand corrected.

Everything else you wrote isn't worth a FIFY or even a blah blah blah.

I said, in response to Groot saying we should have been lowering immigration, that we should have limited our population growth to a sustainable level.

You may have said that as well, but you said what i said.

No, I said that overpopulation was a problem we recognized decades ago while you switched gears and said I was talking about immigration being a problem we recognized decades ago.

Nope  you said that it was specifically related to canada and doubled down on it more than once when pushed on it till eventually you realized you were looking like an 1diot and tried to retcon this version of your story.

I didn't bring it up,

You did.  And i reacted to that pointing out it was stupid.   ANd you said NUuuuhhh UUUUHHHHH!!!  and repeated it till you realized it was stupid  Now you're trying desperately to look less stupid :)

Nope this is just another example of you refusing to stand corrected.

Sorry kiddo - this is just another example of YOU desperately trying to rewrite the fact that you were wrong.

ANd you wonder why everyone looks at you as a low life liar.

Every authoritarian-leaning government, unaccountable and out of control eventually loses the connection to the reality. Why bother? What's in it, boring old reality to it? This will happen more and more often and eventually, become a common staple everywhere and all matter of the public administration. The simple and unstoppable logic of the bureaucracy. What, already there?

Edited by myata