A Catastrophic Climate ‘Tipping Point’ Is Imminent

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

So, what has this have to do with climate change? Are those laser beams possibly causing climate crisis by chance? 😁

You’re the one who said you think the moon landings didn’t happen. 

You know who didn’t think the moon landings were faked? The Soviet Union. They were America’s biggest enemy at the time… why didn’t the USSR claim that the moon landings were faked? Cause they were able to trace the path of the rockets to the moon and back, that’s why. 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Excuses-excuses. So, in other words America went to the moon, landed on the moon, and now say phk it, we do not want to go back to the moon anymore. I don't get it at all. Personally the moon landing appears to be a movie made in Hollywood. Hey, we never know, eh? 

You do know that budgets are provided by politicians, don't you?

Nixon was not interested in continuing a program for which Kennedy gets most of the credit.

6 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Those were short range missiles, NOT Inter-continental. 

That's why they needed to be in Cuba.

The US did have nuclear-capable ICBM’s in service before 1969, for certain. Of course, the NASA space program began in the 50’s and was the R&D arm used to develop the rockets which were used as ICBM’s. However, I don’t think any manned rocket was ever the same system used for ICBM. 

1 minute ago, Hodad said:

Jeebus, man. People watched them board the shuttle and watched it launch. Third parties tracked the mission. At the same time the world watched the broadcast as the astronauts walked in the moon. And then the world tracked the journey home and watched splash down  And they brought home souvenirs, which again the world has studied. 

You think they went to the moon and just didn't go outside? Multiple countries can share the ISS, but you think we can't go to the moon? What you're proposing is just insanity. The thinking is so poor and disordered it seems impossible that it comes from a functional human being.

There is nothing wrong with anyone asking questions. There are employees who work at Area 51 in Nevada that are sworn to secrecy to, not say anything about what goes on at Area 51, and if some employee tries to devulge any secrets about Area 51, it will be denied by the military, and the employee may be either fired or tried and sent to prison. 

They may have been but a few NASA employees sworn to secrecy not to devulge as to what really took place with the supposedly man on the moon landing. They are told that if you try and expose and say anything about the moon landing, it will be denied, and that NASA employee could face charges. Hey, i am only going by what other people believe was a man on the moon conspiracy therory. I enjoy these conspiracy stories. They make for some fun reading and who knows what may be found. 

13 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You do know that budgets are provided by politicians, don't you?

Nixon was not interested in continuing a program for which Kennedy gets most of the credit.

I do know for a fact that everything we read today, and from yesterday, is just about all man made up bullshit. I do not believe anything the government says anymore. The government has not given me one reason as to why i should believe their lies and bs. All i know is that the government likes to tax more, create more of a bigger government, and assaults and attacks freedom of speech. What has the government done for you today that has made your day? 

I also know that politicians love to spend our tax dollars by the billions on many silly ass stupid government programs and agendas that do me no good. The politicians do have budgets that do go way over budget all the time. 

22 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Yes, the reason is that there are a lot of dumb people in the world. With small imaginations. Half of the population is below average intelligence.

Yup, and i see that every time i come on here. There are plenty of dumb people on this forum who continue to speak before they think. I think that you grossly underestimated the number as to how many people there are in the world that are really a bunch of dumb azzes. FYI, i know for a fact that i am not one of those dumb azzes. 🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

I do know for a fact that everything we read today, and from yesterday, is just about all man made up bullshit. I do not believe anything the government says anymore. The government has not given me one reason as to why i should believe their lies and bs. All i know is that the government likes to tax more, create more of a bigger government, and assaults and attacks freedom of speech. What has the government done for you today that has made your day? 

I also know that politicians love to spend our tax dollars by the billions on many silly ass stupid government programs and agendas that do me no good. The politicians do have budgets that do go way over budget all the time. 

So you're denying that Nixon didn't appreciate the space program cause most of the credit went to his arch rival?

I guess I overestimated your powers of deduction and/or you don't understand how politics works in the US.

29 minutes ago, Rebound said:

You’re the one who said you think the moon landings didn’t happen. 

You know who didn’t think the moon landings were faked? The Soviet Union. They were America’s biggest enemy at the time… why didn’t the USSR claim that the moon landings were faked? Cause they were able to trace the path of the rockets to the moon and back, that’s why. 

With all of the cold war propaganda going on between Russia and America, who is going to believe anything that the Russian may know or have to say? Even today, the cold war still exists between Russia and America, and we the peasants in the west are still denied access to what the Russians have to say about anything. The Russians are just seen as liars and butchers of Ukraine. America will always want to keep the cold war going between Russia and America. America always needs a bogeyman to fight with. Just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

Yup, and i see that every time i come on here. There are plenty of dumb people on this forum who continue to speak before they think. I think that you grossly underestimated the number as to how many people there are in the world that are really a bunch of dumb azzes. FYI, i know for a fact that i am not one of those dumb azzes. 🤣🤣🤣

Dumb azzes don't know what they don't know.

Do you have any credentials which prove you're not a dumb azz?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

So you're denying that Nixon didn't appreciate the space program cause most of the credit went to his arch rival?

I guess I overestimated your powers of deduction and/or you don't understand how politics works in the US.

I understand politics very well in both Canada and America. Both stinks. 😁

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

With all of the cold war propaganda going on between Russia and America, who is going to believe anything that the Russian may know or have to say? Even today, the cold war still exists between Russia and America, and we the peasants in the west are still denied access to what the Russians have to say about anything. The Russians are just seen as liars and butchers of Ukraine. America will always want to keep the cold war going between Russia and America. America always needs a bogeyman to fight with. Just my opinion. 

It was Putin who re-ignited the cold war with his INVASION. Did you miss that?

1 minute ago, taxme said:

I understand politics very well in both Canada and America. Both stinks. 😁

And you believe it smells better somewhere else?

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

Those were short range missiles, NOT Inter-continental. 

That's why they needed to be in Cuba.

Both the US and Soviets had ICBM’s at the time. The Soviets launched the first satellite in 1957. 

With missiles based in Cuba, the US would have had no warning time of an attack.

Edited by Aristides

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Both the US and Soviets had ICBM’s at the time. The Soviets launched the first satellite in 1957. 

With missiles based in Cuba, the US would have had no warning time of an attack.

Kennedy famously ran on the "missile gap" in 1960 cause supposedly we were way behind.

My God you'd actually carry on a conversation with someone who'd believe absurd conspiracy theories and object to someone pointing out what's happening right in front of his eyes (that's so obvious no one would pretend it's a conspiracy), because the woman swore? Like she was delivering a message even simple common people could understand, in the same language they use around the coffee table?

Pandering to the lunatic fringe.

7 hours ago, taxme said:

So, they sent astronauts to the moon, land on it's surface, pick up a few rock samples, and then fly back home to earth and then brag about America being the first country to send and land a man on the moon and that is it?

Yeah.

Which is exactly what you'd expect.

Although one does sometimes wonder why they'd go that far just for a rock when they clearly could just have cracked your head open and found all the rocks they wanted.  :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

Kennedy famously ran on the "missile gap" in 1960 cause supposedly we were way behind.

The US was behind.

USSR

First satellite in orbit, launched with an ICBM.  1957 

First human in orbit 1960.

First lunar probe 1959. 

Soviet boosters were much more powerful than anything the US had.

16 hours ago, robosmith said:

If it's NOT an historical record (like 5 days of RECORD HEAT last summer), it means NOTHING about climate. Duh

Thanks for revealing once again how LITTLE you know about the science. LMAO

Shouldn't you woketards be out there looking for more batches of trees to cut down? Those windmills aren't going to deforest the land themselves, you know. ;)

18 hours ago, robosmith said:

Dumb azzes don't know what they don't know.

Do you have any credentials which prove you're not a dumb azz?

Yup, sure looks like you alright.

Yup, i sure do. Every time i have to waste my precious time talking with you, it tells me that i am truly dealing with a dumb azz. That is my credentials. LOL 

18 hours ago, robosmith said:

It was Putin who re-ignited the cold war with his INVASION. Did you miss that?

And you believe it smells better somewhere else?

Putin's invasion of Ukraine has nothing to do with reigniting a cold war. It is America that is trying to keep the cold war going between Russia and America. America got involved with the war between Russia and Ukraine. The cold war between Russia and Ukraine was none of America's business. This was a cold war between Russia and Ukraine and no one else. But leave it to good old America, they just had to butt their noses in another countries affairs. 

When it comes to politics anywhere on earth it is the politicians that create a bloody mess that in the end makes life miserable and costly for their citizen's. Politicians "IS" the problem. If they minded their own dam business, the people will and could do better. 

As a prime example. Multiculturalism and diversity have cost the Canadian taxpayer's hundreds of billions, if not more, of their tax dollars going to promote some other foreign immigrants culture and language and religion which no Canadian ever asked for. Now we are starting to see the real multiculturalism at work. We are watching division happening in Canada. We now have to live and put up with other foreign cultures that do not have to now assimilate into Canadian culture anymore. 

This is he fault of our own illustrious politicians who do things before they think about what may happen in the future. Although, i do believe that there is more to this multicultural nonsense. Do i say the word conspiracy? Better not with you. 

Whether it be about fake Covid 19, climate change, multiculturalism or whatever other things our useless politicians keep coming up with next, they have all been part of a planned global conspiracy, to take our rights and freedoms away, whether you like to hear it or not. 😁

Edited by taxme

13 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah.

Which is exactly what you'd expect.

Although one does sometimes wonder why they'd go that far just for a rock when they clearly could just have cracked your head open and found all the rocks they wanted.  :)

At least the rocks in my head are nice and smooth and round, where as the rocks that you have scrambled around in your head are all jagged looking and full of seagull crap. You should try and keep your head cracked shut so the birds can't crap on those ugly looking rocks of yours in your pretty much brain dead head. Just saying. 

So, how's things going in Gaza with you these days? The last i heard, your buddies in Israhell have now murdered over 23,000 innocent Palestinian people to date. I guess that when losers like you keep cheering for Israhell, it shows that you really do have rocks for brains. Just my opinion of course. 😇

There is a tipping point to this climate crisis nonsense. It is starting to tip in my direction that there is no climate crisis anymore. Marc Marano tells me so. LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

The 1.5-degree climate goal is out of reach. Here’s what to do now

For those who like clutching at straws, it’s still technically possible to believe civilization can prevent the Earth’s temperature from rising more than 1.5 degrees Celsius above the average of the preindustrial era — the strong recommendation of climate scientists. But most people can surmise that the world is missing this goal.

Last week, the European climate monitor Copernicus reported that the globe’s average temperature hit 14.98 degrees Celsius last year, 1.48 degrees above that of the second half of the 19th century. Two U.S. agencies, NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, followed suit, putting warming since then at 1.4 and 1.35 degrees, respectively. The synthesis by the World Meteorological Organization landed on 1.45 degrees above the preindustrial average, with an uncertainty band of plus or minus 0.12 degrees.

The evidence that global efforts have not met global ambitions does not change the nature of the task, though. Even if the world is, in fact, careening toward some catastrophic scenario, it remains true that each ton of carbon dioxide removed from the world’s energy matrix, and each ton of methane and nitrous oxide removed from the livestock and agriculture industries, will help limit climate change and its associated damage.

Blasting past the vaunted warming ceiling could discourage countries from investing in a costly energy transition that might seem to have already failed. And yet, if failure spurs the world to double down on its climate goals, it might provide the needed incentive to take the challenge as seriously as it deserves. 

24.png