Of course conservatives are happier!

I'm not reaching at all.

Almost everyone is griping about the cost of housing though they already own one.
About the cost of card and fuel though most own more than one vehicle.
About the cost of food, but won't stop buying or even eat less of something.

We've been conditioned to not adapt, not even fix things just toss them and buy new. to pay DoorDash rather than pick up our takeout.

Most of our problems are our own damn fault, self full-filling prophecy.  If you don't put oil in your car and the engine seizes, it's not GMs fault. If after using your computer since Windows 3.1 you haven't learned CTRL-ALT-DEL complain the tech charged you $75 to come and do it for you.

My God in the 1970s people paid me to set up their stereo stuff, now when I'm 70 they pay me to set up a f*cking TV... plug the green plug in the green hole, the blue in the blue, the square on in the square hole, press the MENU button, click where it says SETUP.... duhhh! 30 year old that can't even or try to read instructions and so many of them it's a good side hustle.
People who've hit retirement and never even once filled out thier own Income Tax, kids that turn down promotions cuz "the gov't just takes the extra money away". They "learned" that from other people instead of reality.

And there's guys like me who will point out there's shit that could be better but have everything we need to be happy.

3 hours ago, herbie said:

I see Mr Christian is moaning again that we didn't take away from the poor to use on ourselves.
Even if multi-billions have been poured into Health Care in the last year or so it hasn't already fixed itself. The new hospital here was started in 2022 but it's not already opened and fully staffed, the kid next door that started Med School hasn't already graduated. I WANT IT ALL...RIGHT EFFING NOW!!!

I thought conservatives were supposed to be happier.

This pensioner lady I know said the battery on her iPad is wearing out, how much for a new battery? Told her that was a ridiculously expansive fix, you sit in your armchair and play with it so just plug it in while you do.
The plug is too far away.
So spend $5 for an extension cord.

- She brought over her new iPad for me to set up, complaining it was almost $800 she had to put on her charge card. Way more than her first one, and concluded that it was Trudeau's fault she had to borrow that much money. Not a happy conservative.

Herbie is on the left.

As we can see, Herbie is unhappy. Apperently some pensioner is making him unhappy.

I'm a conservative.  I'm laughing my ass off at Herbie and his posts.  I'm happy :) 

See?

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I'm actually a pretty happy person :)  

Totally man, totally.  As everyone knows the hallmark of a happy person is spending all day, every day, fighting people on the internet with 30-40 posts a day.  

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

BUt i am agressive especially with those who are pridefully 1diots. 

Just...?

12 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Totally man, totally.  As everyone knows the hallmark of a happy person is spending all day, every day, fighting people on the internet with 30-40 posts a day.  

probably happier than the guy who only bothers to go on line to while and cry at that guy about how long his posts are :)

Most of my time here is spent laughing at people like you - why wouldn't a happy person want the free comedy you provide :)  LOL

Whereas basically all i have to do to live rent free in YOUR head is make a few posts and have them be longer than the average line in a dr seuss book and you go mental :) 

So that's TWO lefties who are so bitter and sad that they can't stand my happiness....  did we have any other volunteers ? LOLOLOL :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Almost everyone is griping about the cost of housing though they already own one.
About the cost of card and fuel though most own more than one vehicle.
About the cost of food, but won't stop buying or even eat less of something.

Pure fiction!  Didn't you hear that one in ten now depend on food banks in some places?  Or that Canada is short millions of homes?  No, I don't think people who can't afford $50,000 for a down payment or can't afford $3,000 a month for a 2 BR apartment are running two cars.  Your problem is you are a senior who has lost touch with reality.  You have tunnel vision and only see the rest of society as like yourself with a pension, own a home with no mortgage, and possibly have two vehicles.  You don't have any idea how there are millions of others who don't have all that and many are struggling to put food on the table or pay for a shelter.  What made things this bad is what you should be asking.  But you don't bother to try to find out.  If you looked into it, you would find the Liberals and NDP spend, spend, spend ideology and their control, control, control ideology has a lot to do with it.  That has made things a lot worse.  Just the war on climate change and carbon taxes has driven up the cost of living.  It will get much worse if the Liberals and NDP have their way and shut down the energy industry.

Poilievre didn't ask for a ceasefire in Gaza and it proves that he's heartless and that if he says he wants to give you money it's to buy votes. A heartless person is first and foremost a hypocrite and a liar, what he will give you with one hand he will take back with the other and you will still be screwed. The best way is to get rid of these two hypocrites and vote for NDP or the Green party, there is no other option these two guys are hartless.

Edited by Gaétan

That's the problem, you "heard" and I can see with my own eyes. 1 in 10 'dependent on Food Banks' my ass. More like 1 in 10 using them in some places. More like 50 people out of 2000+ here and all the rest driving in from remote reserves to use it AND the Band office food bank.
Maybe 1 house in 5 has only ONE vehicle.

I grew up in Burnaby in the 60s and 70s, we had to move way out the Valley, spend all our union jobs money on a 19% mortgage and didn't have two nickels to rub together for a while. It's worse there now, and I shouldn't move back to a cement cubicle 300ft up in the air. Ridiculous to even think of a SF dwelling there these days, not the damn govt's fault. Yell at the sky, won't do you any good.

4 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Poilievre didn't ask for a ceasefire in Gaza and it proves that he's heartless and that if he says he wants to give you money it's to buy votes. A heartless person is first and foremost a hypocrite and a liar, what he will give you with one hand he will take back with the other and you will still be screwed. The best way is to get rid of these two hypocrites and vote for NDP or the Green party, there is no other option these two guys are hartless.

You would have to be truly heartless to call for a general cease fire.  Gaza is paying the price for what they started and they deserve what they get.

If the us and others can negotiate something that helps the people a little while not helping the fighers at all great, but lets face it - the people are going to die in  large numbers as long as hamas hides behind them and amongst them.

The only heartless person here is you for not calling on hamas to surrender and save the people.

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2023 at 4:20 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

In spite of the continuing drop in the polls, I still predict Mr. Poilievre will win the next election. Sunday's 338 seat projection showed a drop for CPC from 208 in November to 191. Still lots of room and Pierre will prevail.

Merry Christmas.

As a rich you should think about your safety more than your money, with Poilievre or Trudeau I would be afraid of receiving an atomic bomb to the head the way it is going now. These two guys don't care about human live. Or maybe you have enough money to move to Bahamas?

Edited by Gaétan
  • Confused 1