Let's abolish borders

Gaétan

6 hours ago, taxme said:

Now, i am still waiting for you to tell me as to what your definition of communism is.

Why don’t you just Google what communism is?  Why can’t you use the common definition?

The state owns the means of production.  Individuals don’t own property.  

This is why it is so completely asinine to say Canada is a “going communist”.  It’s so far from the definition as to be completely absurd.  You truly have to be a complete dolt to think that.  

On 11/29/2023 at 1:30 PM, taxme said:

Watch the news sometime. The NDP party pretty much gave all of BC away to the Indians. Without their Indian feather blessing consent nothing gets done in this province. When was the last time we saw some big mining or other big projects get the go ahead approval without the Indians blessing. If the native Indians say no to any project, the project goes dead. 

Examples? Watch the news sometime.  ?

Actually three of the last four major treaties were signed by the former Liberal government.

14 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Why don’t you just Google what communism is?  Why can’t you use the common definition?

The state owns the means of production.  Individuals don’t own property.  

This is why it is so completely asinine to say Canada is a “going communist”.  It’s so far from the definition as to be completely absurd.  You truly have to be a complete dolt to think that.  

I already did. As if the dictator in Ottawa is not trying to take control of all aspects of our lives. Why was the right to own private property left out of the constitution by comrade old man Turdeau that we now have no right to own private property here in Canada. That looks like communism to me alright. Being allowed to own private property is a part of a democracy. And you must know by now that it was the dictator in Ottawa who froze several truck convoy protesters bank and credit card accounts. If that is not communism, well what the hell is? I guess that the problem with you is that you are too dumb to notice as to what that dictator in Ottawa is doing to our rights and freedoms in this almost communist country. Hello? ?

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

Actually three of the last four major treaties were signed by the former Liberal government.

It was the NDP government that pretty much signed away all of BC to the native Indians. They now own the land that we are all living on here in BC. And if i am not mistaken each city or town in BC now pays some form of tax to the Indians or what i like to call it, an extortion tax. Just saying. 

3 hours ago, taxme said:

It was the NDP government that pretty much signed away all of BC to the native Indians. They now own the land that we are all living on here in BC. And if i am not mistaken each city or town in BC now pays some form of tax to the Indians or what i like to call it, an extortion tax. Just saying. 

Three of the last four treaties were signed by the former Liberals. Look it up. You are mistaken. As populations have increased F/N have just become a lot more savvy when it comes to developing their lands. Good examples would be the Osoyoos and Westbank bands. 

Edited by Aristides

On 11/30/2023 at 12:02 PM, TreeBeard said:

What governs the ownership of land;  opinion, or laws?

Some native Indian band up around Pemberton shut down a provincial park for a number of days, which they claim is within their traditional territory and the B.C. government allowed them to do so.  Nobody was allowed to use the park and campsites.  I doubt that the Indian band had any legal right to shut it down or any law that gave them such a right.  How do you explain that?  Natives don't always need a written legal paper in B.C. They can sometimes do what ever they want and the government bows to them.

When natives blocked railways a few years ago in different places in Canada, the government often did nothing about it.  They were not stopped, removed, or punished.  They have far more power than non-natives.  If you or I tried that, we would be arrested right away.

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2023 at 7:43 PM, taxme said:

Look again. Anyway, you asked me what my definition of communist was and i gave you the answer. Now, i am still waiting for you to tell me as to what your definition of communism is. You are not trying to avoid the question that i have asked of you, are you, eh? Come on, man, lets see it. ?

Communism is God, capitalist is devil

Edited by Gaétan
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2023 at 4:48 PM, taxme said:

I already did. As if the dictator in Ottawa is not trying to take control of all aspects of our lives. Why was the right to own private property left out of the constitution by comrade old man Turdeau that we now have no right to own private property here in Canada. That looks like communism to me alright. Being allowed to own private property is a part of a democracy. And you must know by now that it was the dictator in Ottawa who froze several truck convoy protesters bank and credit card accounts. If that is not communism, well what the hell is? I guess that the problem with you is that you are too dumb to notice as to what that dictator in Ottawa is doing to our rights and freedoms in this almost communist country. Hello? ?

You confuse communism with dictatorship

On 12/1/2023 at 4:55 PM, taxme said:

Money transforms spiritual good into material good

On 12/2/2023 at 2:02 AM, blackbird said:

I doubt that the Indian band had any legal right to shut it down or any law that gave them such a right.  How do you explain that?

You just explained it yourself.  They had no legal right to do that.  They partook in illegal activities.  

What’s the question?  Are you saying their illegal activities means they own that land?  That would be like saying because there were trucker blockades in Ottawa, that means the blockaders own downtown Ottawa.  

On 12/2/2023 at 2:02 AM, blackbird said:

Some native Indian band up around Pemberton shut down a provincial park for a number of days, which they claim is within their traditional territory and the B.C. government allowed them to do so.  Nobody was allowed to use the park and campsites.  I doubt that the Indian band had any legal right to shut it down or any law that gave them such a right.  How do you explain that?  Natives don't always need a written legal paper in B.C. They can sometimes do what ever they want and the government bows to them.

When natives blocked railways a few years ago in different places in Canada, the government often did nothing about it.  They were not stopped, removed, or punished.  They have far more power than non-natives.  If you or I tried that, we would be arrested right away.

As i have said already, BC now belongs to the native Indians to do with as they please. Nobody will be able to tell the Indians where to go. The Indians may have been here first, but they were conquered. But now the conquerers are now being conquered by the Indians. We are all now living on Indian land, and we can all be evicted anytime off our land by the Indians. We can thank our gutless politicians who stand for nothing but only for defeat. Now we all must pay for their stupidity. ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Nobody will be able to tell the Indians where to go.

And that's called progress. Which you all hate with a passion.

As some of you pointed out, you seem to think we can tell people to move and pretend to have some right to take the land without negotiation or compensation because we made up a "law" and say so.

Goddam Constitution giving human rights to "other people". eh?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Name one place where communism hasn't resulted in a dictatorship. Dictatorships are a result of extremism, the far right is no different.

Dictatorship in communism is a consequence of capitalism, not communism. It is not really possible to have a comminist country because of capitalism, richers never want to share their money. China of Cuba are not a dictatorship, they elect their people among them, there is only one party but people are elected. If you got many party it doesn't mean this is democracy, they look pretty much the same.

Edited by Gaétan

34 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Dictatorship in communism is a consequence of capitalism, not communism. It is not really possible to have a comminist country because of capitalism, richers never want to share their money. China of Cuba are not a dictatorship, they elect their people among them, there is only one party but people are elected. If you got many party it doesn't mean this is democracy, they look pretty much the same.

Because communism doesn't work in the real world, it is against human nature. It has to be imposed on people.

Edited by Aristides

34 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Because communism doesn't work in the real world

Mainly because the capitalists will instantly gang up and do everything to wipe you from the face of the Earth. Perhaps, using brutal dictatorial programs you can exhaust 110% of your efforts on defence and finally collapse like the USSR.
Or you can moderate your policies to accommodate capitalist trade and ensure the people benefit.
Or even look at places like Vietnam where people don't give a flying f*ck about 'communism' as bombs are no longer falling on their heads and they are getting better by the day. Perhaps in a generation or two with peace, food on the table and more leisure time people there will want more input over the powers that be. It's nowhere near the list of important things to them at the moment.

Further to that, with all the whining on the forum, I wouldn't be all that praising of capitalism over the greatness of capitalism. We're all griping over some faults of it.

38 minutes ago, herbie said:

Mainly because the capitalists will instantly gang up and do everything to wipe you from the face of the Earth. Perhaps, using brutal dictatorial programs you can exhaust 110% of your efforts on defence and finally collapse like the USSR.
Or you can moderate your policies to accommodate capitalist trade and ensure the people benefit.
Or even look at places like Vietnam where people don't give a flying f*ck about 'communism' as bombs are no longer falling on their heads and they are getting better by the day. Perhaps in a generation or two with peace, food on the table and more leisure time people there will want more input over the powers that be. It's nowhere near the list of important things to them at the moment.

Further to that, with all the whining on the forum, I wouldn't be all that praising of capitalism over the greatness of capitalism. We're all griping over some faults of it.

In the 30's, Stalin collectivized everything including agriculture. Between 3.5 and 5 million starved to death, mostly in Ukraine. If you take away a person's incentive to improve their own lot, they aren't much interested in improving anyone else's. That's just human nature, not capitalism.

The regimes in places like China and Vietnam are single party not communist. The Chinese are arguably the most capitalist people on the planet.

20 hours ago, Aristides said:

In the 30's, Stalin collectivized everything including agriculture. Between 3.5 and 5 million starved to death, mostly in Ukraine.

That was Stalin and determinism, not the definition of communism. It's what Americans are brainwashed into believing is. Same reason ppl like reason10 have the idea that because that same determinism to impose by authoritarian means makes Nazia and Communists the same, not polar opposites. Look at Pol Pot. the same absolute authoritarian that even hard core Communists couldn't stand for.

And what about Yugoslavia? Tell us how Joe Average benefited after Tito was gone? How life in Albaina is so much better....

31 minutes ago, herbie said:

That was Stalin and determinism, not the definition of communism. It's what Americans are brainwashed into believing is. Same reason ppl like reason10 have the idea that because that same determinism to impose by authoritarian means makes Nazia and Communists the same, not polar opposites. Look at Pol Pot. the same absolute authoritarian that even hard core Communists couldn't stand for.

And what about Yugoslavia? Tell us how Joe Average benefited after Tito was gone? How life in Albaina is so much better....

communism /kŏm′yə-nĭz″əm/

noun

1. A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members. 
  2. A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people. 
  3. The Marxist-Leninist doctrine advocating revolution to overthrow the capitalist system and establish a dictatorship of the proletariat that will eventually evolve into a perfectly egalitarian and communal society.

How is that different from what Stalin did?

I've been to Croatia and Montenegro. I don't know how it differed under Tito. I guess if Yugoslavia was so great it wouldn't have disintegrated.

Communist Albania was more authoritarian than the Soviet Union..

Edited by Aristides