100 officers deployed after Trudeau surrounded at Vancouver restaurant

CdnFox

4 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

embarassing

I would think that word sums things up. 

I think a politician should be off limits. The ability to assault a prime Minister or threaten his life, is a pathetic showing for a democratic country. Politicians routinely get assassinated in places like Mexico. This isn't something to be proud of.

Boo him. Complain about him. Heckle him, even. Ridicule his poll numbers. 

Violence or the attempt, isn't acceptable. Ever.

That stuff blurs the line between a developing country and ours, where politicians get assassinated routinely for the right amount.

I can't stand Trudeau. His smugness. Narssissism. He makes me shudder.

But wish no harm onto him or his family. Glad the police acted quick.

He has the right to eat at a restaurant. In fact, he should do it more.

Better than a trip to Jamaica in a private jet, while virtue signaling about climate change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I think a politician should be off limits. The ability to assault a prime Minister or threaten his life, is a pathetic showing for a democratic country. Politicians routinely get assassinated in places like Mexico. This isn't something to be proud of.

Our acceptance of violent riots and our tolerance towards violence against politicians and judges has been creeping up in NA for a while now. This is just where we're at as a society. Or at least it's where us liberals are at ?

The MSM is upset because this happened to the Fuhrer, but if it was Poilievre or Trump it would just be shrugged off, as attacks against conservatives always are.

Last week, when rioters jumped on the cars of MPs and Senators at Parliament Hill, CBC, Global and CTV had a media blackout to protect the image of pro-Hamas protesters.

Politicians were told not to talk about it during a public session.

Trudeau himself was silent. 

Trudeau also emphatically supported BLM, and BLM harassed people who were eating in restaurants without armed cops protecting them.

Now Trudeau himself was affected "OH MY GOD, THIS IS INTOLERABLE!"

Whatever. 

Trudeau's chickens came home to roost. That's literally exactly what happened. I really couldn't care less if it happens to him every day now. He deserves it.  

Funny how hours after being rebuked for asking Israel to show a little more restraint, these mor0ns are protesting he didn't make the IDF throw down their guns and go home.

Maybe if these malcontents step it up here on the other side of the f*cking world Hamas & the IDF will all drop their weapons, apologize, kiss and make up.

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The MSM is upset because this happened to the Fuhrer, but if it was Poilievre or Trump it would just be shrugged off, as attacks against conservatives always are.

Thats what am saying.

It should be unnacceptable, regardless of your political affiliations.

Anyone celebrating it bappening to Trump or Trudeau, are being hypocrites, if then decrying it happening to leaders they like.

It should be unnacceptable across the board. Celebrating it to me, is disgusting. There is nothing to be proud of, when civilians can effortlessly threaten and even assault public officials. Great. Your country is now no different than a developing one. You're just richer.

Its essentially hoping for a G7 countrys standard to drop to one of a developing one.

The crazier thing to me, this partisan divide is just not something you see outside of north America (in countries of similar stature).

People are puzzled by it.

If a politician is bad, you bash them. Simple.

But to equate IQ and character based on political alignment, makes absolutely no sense.

Ironically, it's the epitome of having a low IQ.

Imagine. 2pac and Biggie fought to death over what coast they represented. A coast! 

We are fighting over left and right. Same thing.

Travel the globe, and see what the world is like, and you will also realize how ridiculous that it is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

If the only thing that you got from that post was to realize that you're a dummy, call it a win. 

Fine. I'm a liberal, a BLM activist, an environmental activist, and an imam. 

Nobody gets anything from your posts buddy all you are is an cranky old man who yells LEFTY LEFTY!.

• Like 1

Maxine Waters encourages supporters to harass Trump administration officials

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html

---

I'm quoting this American politician, who invited activists to shout and harass Trump officials back in 2018. It was a precedent that was rarely denounced by the media, it was even encouraged. Freedom to protest was the excuse given to authorize these targeted harassment.

Then in Canada we've had activists who literally burned churches and shops in the name of social justice, who shout at every Conservative caucus.

I'm not feeling bad for Trudeau, at all. He encouraged BLM and political intimidation. Live by the sword...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

It should be unnacceptable across the board. Celebrating it to me, is disgusting. There is nothing to be proud of, when civilians can effortlessly threaten and even assault public officials. Great. Your country is now no different than a developing one. You're just richer.

I appreciate your disgust, but this was entirely necessary due to the litany of serious verbal and physical threats and abuses suffered by conservatives without the slightest concern from the left, or even law enforcement. 

Even better that it was Trudeau's own chosen people who did this and not a conservative group or we'd see more of this:

Joe22Adolf22Biden.thumb.png.e947a3e1cbcf46d54755bdcaf573c4b7.png

Will leftists wake up now? 

Doubtful. 

1 hour ago, Jack9000 said:

Nobody gets anything from your posts buddy all you are is an cranky old man who yells LEFTY LEFTY!.

Awww, poor Jacky. Nothin' left but some butthurt whining ?

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Our acceptance of violent riots and our tolerance towards violence against politicians and judges has been creeping up in NA for a while now. This is just where we're at as a society. Or at least it's where us liberals are at ?

I mean - you're not wrong.  The left has engaged in 'violence creep' for years, demanding that violent confrontation be acceptable and now we're here.

But we should still speak out against it and say it's not ok. I'm not prepared to surrender and just accept the low morals of the radical left like that.

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Maxine Waters encourages supporters to harass Trump administration officials

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html

---

I'm quoting this American politician, who invited activists to shout and harass Trump officials back in 2018. It was a precedent that was rarely denounced by the media, it was even encouraged. Freedom to protest was the excuse given to authorize these targeted harassment.

Then in Canada we've had activists who literally burned churches and shops in the name of social justice, who shout at every Conservative caucus.

I'm not feeling bad for Trudeau, at all. He encouraged BLM and political intimidation. Live by the sword...

Again - you're not wrong.

But i think we need to hold our people to a higher standard and decry this kind of nonsense.

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

But we should still speak out against it and say it's not ok.

You're absolutely right - it's not ok at all.

I hope that leftists finally get to the point where they acknowledge that this is a serious problem, and this is exactly what was needed. 

I'm not prepared to surrender and just accept the low morals of the radical left like that.

I'm not seeing signs that our MSM and leftist politicians are looking at this from "an across the board" issue yet, it's just a "protect the golden boy" issue right now.

This is when conservative politicians need to open up the necessary dialogue, and what has gone unchecked against conservatives over the past 8 years needs to be addressed.

I sure don't feel sorry for Trudeau though. He earned this. Even just in the last week he accepted this against members of our current gov't. He protected the exact people who attacked him, just last week, by keeping their story from public viewing.

Karma never looked better on anyone.  

22 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Again - you're not wrong.

But i think we need to hold our people to a higher standard and decry this kind of nonsense.

I am not with the pro-Palestinains who shouted at Justin Trudeau.

It is Justin Trudeau's sidekicks that came back at him. He was so for political violence and intimidation when it targeted his political enemies.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

So you don't think it is OK until you think it is OK.

It's not OK: it wasn't OK when it was happening to conservatives and leftists called it humour, and it's not OK now. 

It's just necessary.

It took something like this for people like you to acknowledge that it's bad. 

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's not OK: it wasn't OK when it was happening to conservatives and leftists called it humour, and it's not OK now. 

It's just necessary.

It took something like this for people like you to acknowledge that it's bad. 

It's not OK but it is OK because it's Trudeau. Make up your mind. Either it is or it isn't.

Edited by Aristides

23 hours ago, Aristides said:

So what, how did the other people in that restaurant know he was going to be there, they still had to put up with that crap while they were trying to eat. Zealots don't really give a shit about other people, everything is about them.

I agree with you 100%, there are always three sides to every protest, those that agree, those that disagree and those that don't care but are caught in the middle...and yet we still have the right to protest...Justin being a public figure has to know his life is not his own, and if you ever wnated to have your cause heard, he is the guy to to hear it, he does not have to like it...

Unfortunately most protests don't under stand that pissing off those that don't care, does nothing for the cause it does the opposite...Like those protesting climate change, blocking traffic while on strike, the list goes on...

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

It's not OK but it is OK because it's Trudeau. Make up your mind. Either it is or it isn't.

This is like ripping a bandaid off of your kid's arm, or getting stitches pulled out. 

Ideally you would never have to cause them the pain of that. 

Ideally your kid wouldn't get a cut in the first place, or the bandaids and stitches would magically disappear. 

But the bandaid/stitches do have to go at some point, just like assaulting and harassing politicians has to stop at some point

Conservatives weren't on a path to assault politicians who were out doing their day-to-day business. Even during covid lockdowns, with the gesundheitspass and all of the discrimination and the harming of children & young people, conservatives didn't attack our politicians. So the assaults and harassment from the left was never on pace to end. It took an attack on a leftist leader, by other leftists (snakes eating snakes), to open the eyes of people like you

Now it's possible for people like you to say "Holy moly, maybe this is actually bad." Before this week, it wasn't ever gonna happen.

In case you've forgotten - just one week ago leftist rioters jumped on the cars of parliamentarians at their workplace and the PMO was silent. Parliamentarians were asked to keep their stories from the public. CTV, CBC and Global did a media blackout of the event. You were silent.

There were two threads about it and you ignored them both: one thread about the event, another thread about the fact that the MSM completely ignored it. 

Why are you in this thread Aristedes? Why do you suddenly care? 

You care because it happened to Trudeau... That's the only reason. 

This had to happen to Trudeau because if it didn't, it would keep happening to other people and no one would care. 

This is karma, and it was entirely necessary. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

This is like ripping a bandaid off of your kid's arm, or getting stitches pulled out. 

Ideally you would never have to cause them the pain of that. 

Ideally your kid wouldn't get a cut in the first place, or the bandaids and stitches would magically disappear. 

But the bandaid/stitches do have to go at some point, just like assaulting and harassing politicians has to stop at some point

Conservatives weren't on a path to assault politicians who were out doing their day-to-day business. Even during covid lockdowns, with the gesundheitspass and all of the discrimination and the harming of children & young people, conservatives didn't attack our politicians. So the assaults and harassment from the left was never on pace to end. It took an attack on a leftist leader, by other leftists (snakes eating snakes), to open the eyes of people like you

Now it's possible for people like you to say "Holy moly, maybe this is actually bad." Before this week, it wasn't ever gonna happen.

In case you've forgotten - just one week ago leftist rioters jumped on the cars of parliamentarians at their workplace and the PMO was silent. Parliamentarians were asked to keep their stories from the public. CTV, CBC and Global did a media blackout of the event. You were silent.

There were two threads about it and you ignored them both: one thread about the event, another thread about the fact that the MSM completely ignored it. 

Why are you in this thread Aristedes? Why do you suddenly care? 

You care because it happened to Trudeau... That's the only reason. 

This had to happen to Trudeau because if it didn't, it would keep happening to other people and no one would care. 

This is karma, and it was entirely necessary. 

Yeah. I've got to admit that's somewhat compelling.  I am against interfering with people like that but i see your points.

• Like 1