If you keep bringing in Muslims, then you have to deal with the consequences.

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

How socially conservative are the children of immigrants?  The answer is no more so than any other Canadian. 

I don’t think Canada will be bringing in 30 million Muslims. 

There's a Pew poll I posted that showed Muslims become secular at a higher rate than evangelical Christians.

• Like 1

I remember when you conservative hypocrites lauded the Muslim participation in the Million March for Children, and now you want them gone because they aren't fond of Israel.

I remember when Liberal Jews advocated for Muslim immigration, now they are "more scared to be in Canada than Israel."

I remember when it was politically incorrect to hate Muslims, now it is trendy because Zionists run the Canadian government.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This means in future you may not need to travel there to be among them but they may be here among you.

Relax gun laws in Canada. I don't see a problem. You watch too much TV. I've worked and been friends with tons of Muslim people. I have yet to meet one who was as per your description, a danger to me.

I believe in co-existence in Canada, with people who agree and disagree with me or and my beliefs.

Laws should be tougher, especially if you immigrated here, on what types of laws broken could cause your deportation. Most people who come here, don't want to go back where they left.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

When you daughter dates her boyfriend or your girlfriend walks without what they regard as proper cover, then you will feel the consequences.

Or teach your daughter the self confidence to know to ditch a dude trying to micromanage her life, immediately.

10 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

If you don't practice what you say you believe you don't believe

That's not true at all.  Not even close. 

And that fact is at the heart of the problem.  Many religious people keep their views to themselves, and simply apply those views to their own behaviour.  The problem lies with those who go beyond that, and feel they have a right to expect others to adhere to the behaviour prescribed by their interpretation of their religious doctrine.

4 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Like western culture doesn't? 

Find me a commercial hit rap video without a woman having liquor poured out on her twerking booty?

Commercials telling women they are either too old, fat or too skinny with this fat acceptance movement.

Heck, they're even told men won't go near them if their cooch stinks. That s*** better be fresh. Buy Canesten now! 

Only Fans is glorified. Marriage and family vilified.

When you have to coin terms like slut shaming and slut walks, your society isn't a sparkling beacon of hope for women, either.

never said it was  perfect here either but womans got way more rights here then in muslam countrys. my point is the who muslim relgion is about a man being superior to woman basically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

The problem lies with those who go beyond that, and feel they have a right to expect others to adhere to the behaviour prescribed by their interpretation of their religious doctrine.

We know you're happy with Christians who do not try to spread the gospel or talk about the Bible.  Why does that scare you so badly?  Are you afraid they might be right and you could be wrong? 

The Bible says those who believe in Christ as their Savior will be saved and go to heaven and those who don't will be damned, that is, be condemned to hell.  I guess if you think that might be true or you are unsure, it might be a terrifying thought.

On the other hand if you are absolutely convinced that Christians are wrong and the Bible is not true, you shouldn't be concerned about what Bible believers say or preach.

24 minutes ago, blackbird said:

We know you're happy with Christians who do not try to spread the gospel or talk about the Bible.  Why does that scare you so badly?  Are you afraid they might be right and you could be wrong? 

The Bible says those who believe in Christ as their Savior will be saved and go to heaven and those who don't will be damned, that is, be condemned to hell.  I guess if you think that might be true or you are unsure, it might be a terrifying thought.

On the other hand if you are absolutely convinced that Christians are wrong and the Bible is not true, you shouldn't be concerned about what Bible believers say or preach.

I don't care what you spread or talk about, and we both know that's the case.

23 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ultimate irony=making a racist post that also warns about Nazism...

Actually, if you weren't such an uptight, priggish progressive twat, you'd see what it warned of was religious fanaticism and the behaviour traits which are tied to that. But you're too dull-witted to allow any sort of thought to penetrate your skull that even begins to suggest any given culture or people or religion might be even slightly better or more appropriate for our country than any other.

The problems this country finds itself in now are because of smug progressives like you who think welcoming the world won't bring the world's problems here. 

23 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

There is nothing racist about his post. I am afraid by calling a post like this racist you suppress similar posts. This is a free country. We live in democracy because our veterans made sacrifices so that we live in peace and democracy.

You have to remember that Hardner is one of those people who don't WANT posts like this, or any other posts that go against his far-left social beliefs. If he had his way such posts would be immediately deleted and anyone who makes them banned. He has fallen victim to the leftist fallacy that says if you suppress any disagreement then the disagreement does not exist.

22 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Canadian conservatives love conservative Muslims when it comes to drag story hour, trans people, etc

And, as the poster says, it’s not all Muslims who are extremists.  

Maybe the problem is being a social conservative, not the Muslim part?  Should Canada screen immigrants out for being socially conservative?  Might be a better strategy…

People like you are under the illusion that the only ones who oppose your drag queen perversions and the need to explain to six year old boys that they could actually be girls are conservative Muslims. That's because the ferocity of the effort by people like you and Hardner to suppress any and all opposition has cowed many ordinary Canadians. The Muslims, being more insular, fear no 'cancellation' within their communities by saying this is dumb. But the majority of parents oppose this. The sane ones not caught up in your flaky far-left sexual fantasies.

21 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Social conservatives want to remove medical rights from women. 

A percentage of social conservatives want to ban abortion. The majority would settle for it being regulated. You know, like it is in every other Western country from Bosnia to Finland? Go ahead and tell me Swedish women or Icelandic women have no medical rights. I dare you.

We’ve seen on this site social conservatives calling for blasphemy laws.

Only a tiny percentage of them.

I think you described every social conservative, not just Muslims.  

Let me quote from Douglas Murray, whose article you probably didn't bother to read. Or at least to paraphrase. "People love saying they're against the pope in support of gay rights. That's all well and good, but for once I wish instead of protesting against the pope they'd give a thought to people who don't just want to stop me from marrying but want to through me off a f*cking building".

I don’t know how it would work exactly, but they don’t see Muslims as an enemy of Canada, but as an ally to turn Canada into a more religious country. 

And you're in favour of this, I take it?

Edited by I am Groot

Like some socially conservative Christian sects.  I hear you. We’re practically on the same side of the fence.  Maybe we should screen for social conservatives, not just Muslim social conservatives?  

Just what kind of beliefs do you imagine a Palestinian has who has gone through their entire schooling under a curriculum designed by Hamas? A curriculum that glorifies martyrdom above all else, and preaches the need for a worldwide caliphate? You think it's just a few of them with harsh religious based values?

What could be more hateful than to tell a teen rape victim that they must give birth to their rapist’s child?  

Uhm, hanging her from a crane for adultery because she didn't have several male witnesses to back her up?

20 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Your laser focus on Islam is odd to me.  Why would we focus on a religion when it should be the views of the individual that needs to be scrutinized?

I agree. The misogyny in India is something we should be paying a lot more attention to. It's brutal, especially in terms of sexual violence. And we're bringing over a hundred and twenty thousand Indians every year - completely unscreened other than for criminal records. 

A friend of mine visited India last year with his family. The hotel warned him not to ever take his eyes off his teenage daughter in any crowded place, and in fact, provided (rented) a guard to accompany them when they went to places like markets. A very large guy in a turban and uniform with a club.

So what is it doing for women in Canada when we bring over masses of Indians without screening? They might not mob them and grope them in public (then again they might) but are they going to hire them or promote them?

20 hours ago, Gaétan said:

What a muslim believes comes from Moses and your God, you may tell them they are wrong but not impose your view to them. They can believe and do  what they want as long as it is acceptable to the law.

Untrue. Islam does incorporate elements of both Christianity and Judaism but its views also flow from its warrior prince prophet, who was in the habit of marrying little girls and said it was fine to rape and take as a slave any woman who was an infidel. Basically, any infidel woman is fair game to any Muslim man who can grab her.

19 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I can't imagine anyone seriously thinks the problem is Muslims.  The are about 1.5 billion of them.  If they were the problem, we'd all be in trouble.

If they had the military power to do anything against us we WOULD all be in trouble. Historically, the Muslims continued to try to invade the West (and everywhere else) until they no longer had the military power to do so.

As you say, the problem is socially conservative, or fundamentalist religious types.  Those who think their interpretation of their religion gives them the right to dictate acceptable behaviour to anyone else.

There is a further problem of degree, and also one of perception, when it comes to criticism, or downright expressions of disgust.

All of that is hugely amplified in a religion where every country still has severe blasphemy laws (sometimes punishable by death if the accused isn't beaten to death or set on fire by a mob before they can be taken away.

Absolutely.  They can believe what they want even if it is not acceptable to the law. 

There is no law that says what one must believe, or not believe.

That's all well and good, but who makes these laws? The politicians? And who elects them?

Right now 80% of the population of greater Toronto and 72% of greater Vancouver are immigrants and their kids. This number is going to rise precipitously with Trudeau's big increases in immigration. More than half the population of Canada will be immigrants by about 2030. And as we've put no effort at either screening newcomers, most of whom are from the third world,  or integrating them, that is going to change our overall values and what laws Canada supports.

19 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

So you're saying Jared Fogle could have just flown there and could represent Subway from Iran, legally?

Of why I won't put that country on my travel plans. Confused as to what this has anything to do with Canada.

Maybe because if you invite the third world to Canada then Canada becomes more and more like the third world?

19 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

When you have to coin terms like slut shaming and slut walks, your society isn't a sparkling beacon of hope for women, either.

Do you think it's better when women suspected of being a slut are strangled by their families or beaten to death? Or hanged by the government?

You shouldn't make the mistake of thinking certain behavior is acceptable just because you have examples of much worse behaviour.  Behaviour intended to demean or belittle women might not be up there with jail sentences for refusing to wear a veil, but that doesn't mean it's not worthy of censure.

Sure. But if the argument is "Why should you worry about bringing tens of thousands of men here who think death is the proper punishment for a whore when we have men here who like to grope them or watch them on the internet?" well, then, what can you say to such an argument but laugh in their face?

18 hours ago, Canadian_Cavalier said:

I remember when you conservative hypocrites lauded the Muslim participation in the Million March for Children, and now you want them gone because they aren't fond of Israel.

I remember when Liberal Jews advocated for Muslim immigration, now they are "more scared to be in Canada than Israel."

I remember when it was politically incorrect to hate Muslims, now it is trendy because Zionists run the Canadian government.

Muslims have more say then the jew in this country. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

How socially conservative are the children of immigrants?  The answer is no more so than any other Canadian. 

The last time I saw a poll on that, granted, it was several years ago, the children of immigrant Muslims were MORE religious than their parents. Not less.