NDP to side with Hamas (carefully ? ) NDP heading back to Ottawa with questions for Prime Minister Trudeau on ‘why he’s not standing up for international law’ in Gaza

CdnFox

https://archive.ph/lrzCl#selection-2199.0-2199.128

NDP heading back to Ottawa with questions for Prime Minister Trudeau on ‘why he’s not standing up for international law’ in Gaza

'If Canada truly believes in international law, we call it out every time it's broken. It doesn't matter the context,' says NDP MP Heather McPherson.

On Oct. 14, the NDP passed an emergency resolution on Israel-Palestine which stipulates the party “call for an end to Israel’s total siege of Gaza which is prohibited under International Law.”

The ndp has to tread carefully here but we all knew they were going to be siding with hamas. The left is very very anti semetic and the ndp can't afford to lose those votes.

The thing is isreal has declared war. So if they really cared about palestine they would be calling for the surrender of hamas but they're not.

And again - "our side is almost out of bullets - you should be demanding a ceasefire on their behalf".   Yeah right.

This is going to be a tough one for the libs to walk.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, suds said:

Hamas has gone a little too far this time. I can't see Israel settling for anything less than regime change, and I can't see them leaving Gaza until it's a done deal. Israel isn't at war against Palestinians, they're at war against Hamas.

Well this is the thing. Usually they kill a few dozen or so and then make sure their people get bombed by putting the rocket launchers on hospital and school roofs and then ride the sympathy wave to get support globally.  ANd isreal backs down and there's a cease fire.

But this time....

I don't think isreal is going to be satisfied with just shooting up a few hamas strongholds and killing a couple of their people.  I think They might be looking for a total unconditional surrender and as you say at the VERY least look towards a new gov't.  but most likely just to get rid of gaza.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Even, like,  brussel sprouts? Sigh, there is no god.

6 days to make heaven and earth. Rest on Sunday till about noon, felt a bit peckish and created sprouts, that was when all the trouble started.

1 hour ago, Legato said:

6 days to make heaven and earth. Rest on Sunday till about noon, felt a bit peckish and created sprouts, that was when all the trouble started.

Adam , Eve - all this is yours!  You may do with it what you will, but you must not eat the apple of the tree of knowledge.  However- you CAN eat all the brussel sprouts you like,  go on, have some, happy to be rid of them to be honest, come on now, you're buck naked in front of a young man and you're concerned about a vegitable? Just try some....

11 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Adam , Eve - all this is yours!  You may do with it what you will, but you must not eat the apple of the tree of knowledge.  However- you CAN eat all the brussel sprouts you like,  go on, have some, happy to be rid of them to be honest, come on now, you're buck naked in front of a young man and you're concerned about a vegitable? Just try some....

Well Halloween is near...

halloween-prank-brussel-sprouts-dipped-c

21 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Well this is the thing. Usually they kill a few dozen or so and then make sure their people get bombed by putting the rocket launchers on hospital and school roofs and then ride the sympathy wave to get support globally.  ANd isreal backs down and there's a cease fire.

But this time....

I don't think isreal is going to be satisfied with just shooting up a few hamas strongholds and killing a couple of their people.  I think They might be looking for a total unconditional surrender and as you say at the VERY least look towards a new gov't.  but most likely just to get rid of gaza.

If they get 'rid of Gaza', then what happens to the Palestinians living in Gaza? Do they become Israeli citizens? Or do they re-occupy Gaza? 300 miles of tunnels under Gaza with God only knows what's in them. Whether it's regime change, occupation, unconditional surrender, or whatever.... nothing is going to be easy if the plan is to get rid of Hamas. What is the end game supposed to look like?

19 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yeah, the situation in Israel requires thoughtful and careful thinking and language.

That's a perfect situation for Chuds to start Chudding.

Michael, your using Chud and Chudding is becoming pretty worn out.

Like blackbird and his constant bible thumping.

Time to let it go :)

23 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Michael, your using Chud and Chudding is becoming pretty worn out.

Like blackbird and his constant bible thumping.

Time to let it go :)

Except... people who refuse to take politics seriously are our #1 problem.  People who use vague language to cloud the issue when problems need precise descriptions upon which trust can be built.  If you don't think that these things matter then you are wrong.

A Chud is someone who can't be reasoned with.  They need to be tagged and walled in.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Except... people who refuse to take politics seriously are our #1 problem.  People who use vague language to cloud the issue when problems need precise descriptions upon which trust can be built.  If you don't think that these things matter then you are wrong.

A Chud is someone who can't be reasoned with.  They need to be tagged and walled in.

I get you but, you have so overused Chud and Chudding, it is meaningless.

I hope you don't think Chud has more than vague meaning. :)

Back to topic, the NDP has become such a non offending group of people they are in fact, offending. They do not want to say anything that may pis$ off someone or some group that they just pis$ off everyone.

49 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

1. I hope you don't think Chud has more than vague meaning. :)

2. Back to topic, the NDP has become such a non offending group of people they are in fact, offending. They do not want to say anything that may pis$ off someone or some group that they just pis$ off everyone.

1. About the same as 'woke' I would guess.
2. When you don't have anything else to offer but politeness then I guess you have to be polite.  

6 hours ago, suds said:

If they get 'rid of Gaza', then what happens to the Palestinians living in Gaza? Do they become Israeli citizens? Or do they re-occupy Gaza? 300 miles of tunnels under Gaza with God only knows what's in them.

Tunnels can always be found.  As to the people, there would be a few options.  Let other countries take them in, allow some to emigrate to isreal after appropriate security checks,  kick some out as refugees - whatever. Bottom line is they can't stay there. Take back the territory, eliminate the threat

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Except... people who refuse to take politics seriously are our #1 problem. 

Says the guy who uses the word "Chud' to describe anyone who disagrees with him.

Yeah, well there you go