Gaza 2023 & Berlin 1945

August1991

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I think the Israelis really need to deal with the tunnelling situation, and that could take months. 

Gaza as a police state is probably what we're looking at for a decade or so. 

If there even is a gaza after this and they don't just take it back.  I don't see any future where gaza ISN"T a dagger pointed at the heart of israel

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If there even is a gaza after this and they don't just take it back.  I don't see any future where gaza ISN"T a dagger pointed at the heart of israel

Even without Gaza there, they still have hostile neighbours surrounding them to the north, east and south, plus the ocean to the west.

Adding a rogue terrorist state to the west into that scenario is not ideal.

TBH, even if we shared a 20-mile border with a terrorist state like Gaza on one of our coasts it would be a huge deal. It would only constitute 1% of our international borders, but it would still be a huge source of concern. They take up 1/8th of Israels border. It's a lot. 

51 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Even without Gaza there, they still have hostile neighbours surrounding them to the north, east and south, plus the ocean to the west.

Adding a rogue terrorist state to the west into that scenario is not ideal.

TBH, even if we shared a 20-mile border with a terrorist state like Gaza on one of our coasts it would be a huge deal. It would only constitute 1% of our international borders, but it would still be a huge source of concern. They take up 1/8th of Israels border. It's a lot. 

Yeah - it makes it VERY hard to protect against them.  Getting rid of gaza eliminates a LOT of border you have to defend as you say.

But more than that it's nothing but a military base really.  Any other country has to think 'well if we attack israel they might attack back and what happens to the country", but for gaza that's not a big deal because that's why they're there. And the other hostile nations there's at least a chance of negotiating with.  Gaza will NEVER accept israel.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:45 AM, August1991 said:

I thought that the Israelis would do to Gaza what the Russians did to Berlin.

Russians rebuilt Berlin, Giving the local population infrastructure, electricity, Free healthcare and education. Russia should have taken East Germany, never give it back, and just make Germans all immigrate to West Germany. 

Russians dud to Germans what Kerman soldiers did to their cities. Surrendered, starved people, bombarded and killed hundreds of thousands. This is not what Hamas did to Israeli cities. But Israelis are doing it in a brutal retaliation. What Hamas did was horrifying and they deserve the worse punishment which in my book is death but it wasn't what Germans did to Russian civilians.

The whole world is now turning against Israel and its actions and that is bad for Israel in long term. Israeli leaders may feel good about killing a few hundred thousand innocent women and children but the world will hate Israel for this action and like Berlin massacre by Russian, this murderous Israeli action will be recorded in history. If the existence of Israel in future is in danger I for one will not be shedding tears if they massacre hundreds of thousands.

12 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Russians dud to Germans what Kerman soldiers did to their cities. Surrendered, starved people, bombarded and killed hundreds of thousands. This is not what Hamas did to Israeli cities. But Israelis are doing it in a brutal retaliation. What Hamas did was horrifying and they deserve the worse punishment which in my book is death but it wasn't what Germans did to Russian civilians.

The whole world is now turning against Israel and its actions and that is bad for Israel in long term. Israeli leaders may feel good about killing a few hundred thousand innocent women and children but the world will hate Israel for this action and like Berlin massacre by Russian, this murderous Israeli action will be recorded in history. If the existence of Israel in future is in danger I for one will not be shedding tears if they massacre hundreds of thousands.

If the world is turning against Israel in favour of the Palestinians, then why is the world not willing to take them in.

Simple answer...no one wants them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Russians dud to Germans what Kerman soldiers did to their cities. Surrendered, starved people, bombarded and killed hundreds of thousands. This is not what Hamas did to Israeli cities.

No, they just drove into them and shot and killed their people.

Get your head out of your ass. Pretending that hamas didn't do anything wrong.... honestly what is WRONG  with you?

But Israelis are doing it in a brutal retaliation. What Hamas did was horrifying and they deserve the worse punishment which in my book is death but it wasn't what Germans did to Russian civilians.

Not retaliation - defense.  They need to wipe out hamass and this is necessary to make that happen. Who do you think those supplies will go to? Hamas will be first in line.

Sorry - that's in your imagination.

This is a war now. This is what happens in war.

4 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What Hamas did was horrifying and they deserve the worse punishment which in my book is death b

@CdnFox - This is what I said about Hamas in the post that you accused me of supporting Hamas for the tenth time. Are you not tired of being disgraced by lying in public. Damn. You have no shame.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

9 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

@CdnFox - This is what I said about Hamas in the post that you accused me of supporting Hamas for the tenth time. Are you not tired of being disgraced by lying in public. Damn. You have no shame.

I know - i quoted it so everyone could see.  you THEN go on to say... BUT!  .. and that's what people say when they're cancelling out what went before - followed by

but it wasn't what Germans did to Russian civilians.

So -  ohhh well it might be bad BUT - it's no where near as bad as what isreal or the russians did

Sorry kiddo -that absolutely counts as completely downplaying what hamas did.

That is the truth.  I posted it all for people to see.  YOU are the liar here, who pretends at first to condemn hamas BUT then says the're really not that bad after all

And that's how you say MOST of your comments.  "ohh sure sure hamas bad yes ok sure.. BUT - not really, isreal is far worse and anyway it's not really gaza or their gov't hamas it's just the guys who went in and did the terrible thing.

You don't get to say that.

THe attack launched by the gov't of teh people of Gaza was HORRIFIC. Period. No but.   AND - isreal is justified in the name of defense to take whatever steps are necessary to wipe that threat out so it doesnt' happen again. No buts.

Don't try to make it sound like hamas or it's supporters are the victims here. They're getting what they started.

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I know - i quoted it so everyone could see.  you THEN go on to say... BUT!  .. and that's what people say when they're cancelling out what went before - followed by

So -  ohhh well it might be bad BUT - it's no where near as bad as what isreal or the russians did

Sorry kiddo -that absolutely counts as completely downplaying what hamas did.

That is the truth.  I posted it all for people to see.  YOU are the liar here, who pretends at first to condemn hamas BUT then says the're really not that bad after all

And that's how you say MOST of your comments.  "ohh sure sure hamas bad yes ok sure.. BUT - not really, isreal is far worse and anyway it's not really gaza or their gov't hamas it's just the guys who went in and did the terrible thing.

You don't get to say that.

THe attack launched by the gov't of teh people of Gaza was HORRIFIC. Period. No but.   AND - isreal is justified in the name of defense to take whatever steps are necessary to wipe that threat out so it doesnt' happen again. No buts.

Don't try to make it sound like hamas or it's supporters are the victims here. They're getting what they started.

You have an idi*tic interpretation of what has been said and TWIST it to your favor to cover up your clear lies. I said what Hamas did was horrifying (killing and raping defenseless people) but this was not what Germans did as they surrender Russian cities and starved them to death slowly and bombarded hundreds of thousands ro death and I standby what I said because they are facts.

How the hell you lie so openly. You should have become an Israeli leader.

How can I like Hamas. They are close terrorist friends with Islamic republic who I want destroyed. they are hateful Arabs and they are fanatic Muslims, I hate hate hate all three components. I have been fighting all three all my life.  When I read your post accusing me of such I am more laughing than angry. It is so stupid that it is funny. You have no shame, 

34 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You have an idi*tic interpretation of what has been said

Perhaps the problem is that what was said was idi*tic.

I said what Hamas did was horrifying (killing and raping defenseless people) but this was not what Germans did as they surrender Russian cities and starved them to death slowly and bombarded hundreds of thousands ro death and I standby what I said because they are facts.

Yeah - hamas bad BUT hey.. not nearly as bad as others including isreal who is just like the russians.

Which is a pretty horrible thing to say.

How the hell you lie so openly.

I literally posted word for word what you said. If you find it so shameful you call it a lie, well that's on you. Maybe don't say stuff like that.

How can I like Hamas.

I have no idea but you sure seem to.  You spend a lot of time defending them and downplaying what they do .  "Hey come on guys, hamas isn't perfect but geez they're not as bad as those russians amiright?!?"    Or  "The real bad guys here isn't hamas who started a war with isreal which caused the suffering of the people - the REAL bad guy here is isreal for daring to fight back!!!!s Hamas is really the victim!!!!!

Or "we should destroy hamas - provided they never hide behind any civillians. Otherwise we should let them go because then it would be mean to go after them."

Gaza and it's legitimate gov't Hamas, beloved and supported by the people,  started a war with israel  in a horrible fashion.  Israel will now do whatever it takes to end that threat.  Any gaza casualties are the responsibilty of Hamas and the people who support them and keep them in power.

44 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Perhaps the problem is that what was said was idi*tic.

Yeah - hamas bad BUT hey.. not nearly as bad as others including isreal who is just like the russians.

Which is a pretty horrible thing to say.

I literally posted word for word what you said. If you find it so shameful you call it a lie, well that's on you. Maybe don't say stuff like that.

Your desperate attempts to hide Israeli crimes against defenseless people and your twisting of what I say and your personal attacks only makes me more outspoken in all social media.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 10/27/2023 at 6:42 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Your desperate attempts to hide Israeli crimes against defenseless people and your twisting of what I say and your personal attacks only makes me more outspoken in all social media.

They are paid for what they do, they belong to Poilievre or Trudeau's staff, the two guys who should be in prison to be complicit in genocide, they are dying to shake Netanyahu's hand and hug him., he kills 1,000 children every day.

55 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

They are paid for what they do, they belong to Poilievre or Trudeau's staff, the two guys who should be in prison to be complicit in genocide, they are dying to shake Netanyahu's hand and hug him., he kills 1,000 children every day.

Thanos is a fictitious character, some say.

On 10/27/2023 at 4:42 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I am not condoning either side's actions, but have to observe that you misspoke about "defenseless people".   Palestinians elected Hamas, Hamas is a military organization and their ELECTED political leaders - who therefore are responsible to defend Gaza.  Instead they are hiding behind the skirts of women and nurseries of children and continuing to attack Israel rather than defend Gaza.  If they had any balls they would be standing along the border.

The sole, simple and very sad fact is that if you are going to start (or escalate) a war, you had better be prepared to finish it.