A 60-day prison sentence for calling an activist a "Fat Lesbian" in Switzerland

40 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Being is not becoming. Being is a state of being. Had you said Don't become one, it's unambiguous. Saying don't be a chud implies the person was one, as in the word be.

Why thank you, I am heartened by this fact. Yes I do have certain failings, hence moniker. But it's so hard to get to your level. Which reminds me I always wanted to ask, when did you stop being a chud?

Why even bother with his passive aggressive low mentality bull crap? He's one of those lefty types who thinks pretending he didn't really MEAN to insult you or say what he said even when it's crystal clear is somehow winning an argument.

Rather than being a neon sign to the world -  "Blink blink, i'm stupid as hell and have inferiority issues'.

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Why even bother with his passive aggressive low mentality bull crap? He's one of those lefty types who thinks pretending he didn't really MEAN to insult you or say what he said even when it's crystal clear is somehow winning an argument.

Rather than being a neon sign to the world -  "Blink blink, i'm stupid as hell and have inferiority issues'.

Any opportunity to land a jab in on that slippery snake is a good one.

You know when they shut up

they have had enough

and when they goeth away,

their bruises will give them new wisdom to ruminate over.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Saying don't be a chud implies the person was one, as in the word be.

2. But it's so hard to get to your level.

3. Which reminds me I always wanted to ask, when did you stop being a chud?

1. Ok, you're right.  I should have said don't turn into one.

2. My level of ? 

3. I was listening to a lecture wherein a Marxist professor was explaining that the rich aren't evil, and I thought... if this guy can be so objective on the topic of politics, I should try to be also...

2 hours ago, herbie said:

OMG 3 pages of rant over something that happened once in f*cking Switzerland. Yeah guess what, you can't call someone a 'Dirty Jew' in Germany either.

Your panic over Freedom of Speech always seems to boil down only to the freedumb to use racist terms.

Says the guy who frequently paints all conservatives in a bigoted way :) 

13 minutes ago, herbie said:

Back atcha

LOL - congrats, you've achieved the wit and intellect of a grade 3 student :)   Try "i'm rubber and you're glue' - it'll slay them at recess :)

Says the guy who thinks he's a conservative.

At lest i think - more than we can say for you :) 

On 10/4/2023 at 12:27 PM, OftenWrong said:

after being rebuked by a judge for “persistently and consistently” violating court-ordered publication bans restricting what he can say about the case.

"The case", i.e., his own child.

This is a joke. That judge has no business telling that guy what he can and can't say about his own child's situation. 

On 10/6/2023 at 1:40 PM, herbie said:

OMG 3 pages of rant over something that happened once in f*cking Switzerland. Yeah guess what, you can't call someone a 'Dirty Jew' in Germany either.

Your panic over Freedom of Speech always seems to boil down only to the freedumb to use racist terms.

Leftards thought it was ok for our PM to call the unvaxed "racists and misogynists", but then support jail time for a mere journalist calling an actual fat lesbian a 'fat lesbian'. 

Leftards are vile. 

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Leftards thought it was ok for our PM to call the unvaxed "racists and misogynists", but then support jail time for a mere journalist calling an actual fat lesbian a 'fat lesbian'. 

Leftards are vile. 

Remember - if its about a straight white male, it CAN'T be racist or sexist.

Sigh.  The left does love itself a good culture war.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 8:25 PM, CdnFox said:

LOL - congrats, you've achieved the wit and intellect of a grade 3 student :)   Try "i'm rubber and you're glue' - it'll slay them at recess :)

I see Herbie invoked the good old "I know you are but what am I" clause.

Tough to beat

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

I see Herbie invoked the good old "I know you are but what am I" clause.

Tough to beat

True - alongside Johnnie Cochran's patented Chewbacca defense it's been a staple of high powered legal professionals for years.

I WAS considering something appropriate in reply, like repeating everything he says for the next 20 minutes, but have elected instead to with charges of being a poopy-head and filing a motion of 'neener neener'.

22 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

True - alongside Johnnie Cochran's patented Chewbacca defense it's been a staple of high powered legal professionals for years.

I WAS considering something appropriate in reply, like repeating everything he says for the next 20 minutes, but have elected instead to with charges of being a poopy-head and filing a motion of 'neener neener'.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Seems severe but we have become such an  uncivil society maybe people should get smacked for some of the things they say.

I think you're the last person in the universe who wants to promote that idea.

And yes - freedom of speech does in fact include insults.

• 4 months later...
On 10/8/2023 at 9:39 AM, Aristides said:

Freedom of speech can also have consequences.

It has consequences. That's what these guys are really bawling about, they want 'freedom from any consequences".

And you still can call Trudeau a fat lesbian. Or a Nazi a Communist and a Dictator all at the same time. Just like how I can call Trump a rapist and a fraud, and do.
The difference is that if Trudeau wished he could sue for slander or libel. Trump can;t because it's true.

I could even say that about Trump at a MAGA rally if I'm stupid enough to think I'm constitutionally protected from flying tomatoes, bottles or possibly bullets.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

And you still can call Trudeau a fat lesbian.

He's a skinny bottom at best. He wished he was a ravenous power butch lesbian.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

It has consequences.

Being offended because one is brittle should not bring forth social consequences other than people laughing at this.

The crime must match the consequences.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

I could even say that about Trump at a MAGA rally if I'm stupid enough to think I'm constitutionally protected from flying tomatoes, bottles or possibly bullets.

They probably would tell you to go back to your city.

3 hours ago, herbie said:

It has consequences. That's what these guys are really bawling about, they want 'freedom from any consequences".

I'm not sure you understand what 'freedom' means. 

Do you think that people's rights should come with 'consequences' that punish people for exercising that right? That if someone exercises their rights it should be ok to punish them'?

Do you REALLY want that? Maybe you should think about that a bit.

Punish?

Look your bullshit view of freedom seems to be the usual rightwing shit that if you call for actual harm against a specific group you don't like you might be subject to consequences so that makes you the victim?
And defend that stance by digging up an obscure case where one individual in another country won a case under its laws?

Fearmongering to your fellow brainwashed that being and acting like an a$$hole is a redeeming quality the "left" might take away?