Trudeau says intelligence shows India was behind slaying of Sikh leader in Surrey, B.C.

CdnFox

https://archive.ph/LWRtS

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told the House of Commons Monday that Canadian national-security authorities have what they consider credible intelligence that India was behind the mid-June fatal shooting of Hardeep Singh Nijjar, a prominent Sikh leader in British Columbia designated a terrorist by New Delhi and part of a separatist movement seeking an autonomous state for adherents of Sikhism.
Mr. Trudeau said he informed the opposition leaders before telling Canadians that India was responsible for this assassination but he did not provide further detail, which he raised personally “in no uncertain terms” with Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the G20 summit in New Delhi last week.
“Over the past number of weeks, Canadian security agencies have been actively pursuing credible allegations of a potential link between agents of the Government of India and the killing of a Canadian citizen, Hardeep Singh Nijjar,” he said. “Any involvement of a foreign government in the killing of a Canadian citizen on Canadian soil is an unacceptable violation of our sovereignty. "

IF true it's horrible and we should definitely care and take action.

However - this would have meant a lot more if it was announced BEFORE his trip there turned into a disaster.  Especially with so many 'credible allegations,  potential links, etc which basically means they have nothing. It makes him look like he's trying to distract from his failures there.

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

IF true it's horrible and we should definitely care and take action.

However - this would have meant a lot more if it was announced BEFORE his trip there turned into a disaster.  Especially with so many 'credible allegations,  potential links, etc which basically means they have nothing. It makes him look like he's trying to distract from his failures there.

Or Modi refused to cooperate at their meeting. The briefings given to the Indian media sound like he got his retaliation in first. Given what JT had to tell the Indian PM, it’s not hard to see why things went badly there. 

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Or Modi refused to cooperate at their meeting. The briefings given to the Indian media sound like he got his retaliation in first. Given what JT had to tell the Indian PM, it’s not hard to see why things went badly there. 

Yeah, and now Modi looks like he outplayed JT.  We'll wait to see if there's anything that sticks to the allegations, but it sure is bad optics now. Unfortunate timing from Justin.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah, and now Modi looks like he outplayed JT.  We'll wait to see if there's anything that sticks to the allegations, but it sure is bad optics now. Unfortunate timing from Justin.

Modi or his cronies ordered a hit in Canada. That should be the headline here. They’re the bad guys, not us. 

And I trust CSIS who may not be able to release all the evidence. Assassinations of this type are often never fully investigated to a point where perps land in behind bars. We’ve seen the Israelis, Brits etc. carry out similar ops that remain deniable to some extent. Which doesn’t stop, say, the Israelis bragging about them at the same time. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

For some there is no way Trudeau could have handled this better no matter how he reacted, but that isn't a surprise.

For some losers they'll blame trudeau's mishandling of anything on anyone who points it out. No surprise.  Sorry your fearless leader messed up a bit again, but if these allegations are serious then it would have made 100 times more sense to announce it before going and then deal with it and force them to answer publicly.

but of course the fact that's true means nothing in the face of your rampant and blind devotion to the  man

3 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Our sovereignty has been grossly violated by a government known for its atrocities at home. That should be enough to unite people. But no. 

Well it isn't.  It's enough to investigate further and apperently that's happening but you still need SOME sort of evidence.

A sane man doesn't just buy what the gov't says without SOMETHING.  At least he went to the oppositon and told them what's up so they could back him up and say 'yeah the evidence is concerning'.   But - remember when bush said Iraq had WMD's?  Or when trudeau said the convoy was funded by americans and was attempting to overthrow the gov't?

We don't need to have a court conviction, but what's the 'evidence'? I know they can't tell us till they've done the investigation but they really should have put this out there before they met with him.

Edited by CdnFox

Just now, Aristides said:

Should be but given the state of partisanship these days, the obvious no longer matters.

Maybe the hit was called by the same americans who funded the convoy.  Trudeau has no credibility on his own, we'll wait and see what evidence is presented down the road before freaking out.

If we're keeping score, this is the second time that Trudeau is siding with a terrorist against another country. Last time it was the USA, now it's India. 

Could he have at least picked some smaller countries to ruin our relationships with? 

1) If the gov't of India conducted an extrajudicial killing of a terrorist I don't give a rip what country it happened in. If it was here, then we should be asking ourselves why we didn't grab that guy and extradite him...

This was a really inopportune time for Trudeau to suddenly grow a testicle, and in defence of a terrorist no less. WTF. And he won't even talk to peaceful protesters in our country. What a God-damned piece of sh1t he is. 

2) If the Khalistani separatists were white, like the IRA or something, Trudeau would see them for what they are, but their skin is darker than a brown paper bag so he has to be down wid it

3) I have no problem whatsoever with Sikhs (non Khalistani separatists), but anyone with any historical knowledge at all knows what happened the last time India was partitioned. Over ten million lives were lost, and millions of others were displaced. 

There's no way to do separation "right". In Israel they never even killed 1,000 people (even if you count the wars where Israel was attacked they killed less than 100,000 people) and 85% the planet thinks that Israel is more evil than Pakistan.

The likelihood of a genocide of the Israeli will remain high for the next 100 years. If they let their guard down, they will be slaughtered like dogs, and over 1 billion people will celebrate it. 

Partition is a nasty, nasty business. I'd never advocate for it. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If we're keeping score, this is the second time that Trudeau is siding with a terrorist against another country. Last time it was the USA, now it's India. 

Could he have at least picked some smaller countries to ruin our relationships with? 

1) If the gov't of India conducted an extrajudicial killing of a terrorist I don't give a rip what country it happened in. If it was here, then we should be asking ourselves why we didn't grab that guy and extradite him...

This was a really inopportune time for Trudeau to suddenly grow a testicle, and in defence of a terrorist no less. WTF. And he won't even talk to peaceful protesters in our country. What a God-damned piece of sh1t he is. 

2) If the Khalistani separatists were white, like the IRA or something, Trudeau would see them for what they are, but their skin is darker than a brown paper bag so he has to be down wid it

3) I have no problem whatsoever with Sikhs (non Khalistani separatists), but anyone with any historical knowledge at all knows what happened the last time India was partitioned. Over ten million lives were lost, and millions of others were displaced. 

There's no way to do separation "right". In Israel they never even killed 1,000 people (even if you count the wars where Israel was attacked they killed less than 100,000 people) and 85% the planet thinks that Israel is more evil than Pakistan.

The likelihood of a genocide of the Israeli will remain high for the next 100 years. If they let their guard down, they will be slaughtered like dogs, and over 1 billion people will celebrate it. 

Partition is a nasty, nasty business. I'd never advocate for it. 

Yeah but at the end of the day we can't tolerate any other country doing 'hits' in our country regardless. Just makes us look weak.

43 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

We expelled an Indian diplomat. Perfect. 

At least we're not sitting on the fence, I guess. 

Hey - took 4 years to get to that point with china, so at least he's improving :)   If indeed there is strong evidence then it was the right thing to do, but  it's really hard to comment at this point.

As to harbouring terrorists - either way, like it or not, the guy was a citizen as i understand it. Not just a resident. So we can't have other people killing our citizens and if he genuinely was a terrorist, lock him up. 

Edited by CdnFox

I get it that a Canadian citizen - a Sikh leader - got assassinated on Canadian soil.

This Canadian citizen  is trying to topple the current government in India.

Do we need this?

Why the heck are we embroiled with the politics happening in INDIA?  Our diplomatic (and trade relationship) is on the line.   OVER WHAT?

That's what I want to know and understand! 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

Is Canada a haven for activists of foreign origin in making Canada their ground of operation in fighting their foreign war?

Not too long ago - I woke up to news happening in Calgary(?) two opposing political factions from the country of Erithrea (Africa)  having their own war on the streets!

Why are these immigrants bringing their baggage here?

If we're okay with these - then, we better be ready to be embroiled on so many different squabbles with many different nations! 

Edited by betsy

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah but at the end of the day we can't tolerate any other country doing 'hits' in our country regardless. Just makes us look weak.

Pixie-Dust IS weak. He's so embarrassing that his own wife left him. The guy...and I use the term "guy" laughingly...is a monumental failure.

12 minutes ago, betsy said:

Is Canada a haven for activists of foreign origin in making Canada their ground of operation in fighting their foreign war?

Not too long ago - I woke up to news happening in Calgary(?) two opposing political factions from the country of Erithrea (Africa)  having their own war on the streets!

Why are these immigrants bringing their baggage here?

If we're okay with these - then, we better be ready to be embroiled on so many different squabbles with many different nations! 

Or...

We could elect a real man who will round up all these "refugees" and send them packing.

Or a real "woman", as Pixie-Dust is neither.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Or...

We could elect a real man who will round up all these "refugees" and send them packing.

Or a real "woman", as Pixie-Dust is neither.

I'm not saying, send them packing.

I'm saying - shouldn't we have rules about this? 

Do we make any political issue in another country - like, an ideology that doesn't agree with us - our own battle?  Just because we got dragged into it by Canadian citizens who came from another country?

Nations go through political upheavals.  When do we poke our noses in, and  meddle?

It's one thing to say "respect our sovereignty"......and yet, we somehow meddle - in an underhanded way - in other nation's own sovereignty.  It is kinda underhanded if activists or those who want to change the government in another country, do their planning and operations here - letting them hide behind the skirt of our "freedom of speech."

We don't want anyone inciting violence in our own country.  Would it be okay for our citizens to  incite violence in another country?

We "poke" others we don't agree with........and we cry foul when we catch their attention....... and they respond the way they know how.

Edited by betsy

7 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Our sovereignty has been grossly violated by a government known for its atrocities at home. That should be enough to unite people. But no. 

Hard to get behind a leader like Trudeau, that has hung his country out to dry.

Leaders serve others. He is of service to Canada, or is supposed to be. 

So many are dissilusioned with him, that he had to form an alliance with the NDP, to win against a very weak opponent.

He only seems poised to unite, if he benefits from it.

I've just read this about the murdered individual:

In 1997, Nijjar came to Canada, claiming he had been beaten and tortured by Indian police. In 1998, his refugee claim was denied. According to his immigration records, he used a fraudulent passport that identified him as “Ravi Sharma.”

“I know that my life would be in grave danger if I had to go back to my country, India,” he wrote in his affidavit, dated June 9, 1998.

His application was rejected, and 11 days later Nijjar married a B.C. woman who sponsored him to immigrate as her spouse.

On his application form, he was asked whether he was associated with a group that used or advocated “armed struggle or violence to reach political, religious or social objectives.”

He said “no,” but immigration officials considered it a marriage of convenience and rejected Nijjar’s application. Nijjar appealed to the courts and lost in 2001, but he later identified himself as a Canadian citizen.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada declined to comment to Global News at the time of that report, citing privacy legislation.

In 2014, a few months after India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a Hindu nationalist, took office, Indian authorities issued an arrest warrant for Nijjar. New Delhi described Nijjar as the “mastermind” of the militant group Khalistan Tiger Force.

He was accused of being involved in the 2007 bombing of a cinema in Punjab. A 2016 Interpol notice against him alleged he was a “key conspirator” in the attack. He was accused of recruiting and fundraising, a charge that Nijjar vehemently denied.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9969537/who-is-hardeep-singh-nijjar/