Captain Canada will save us against the evil Indians!

In an unprecedented move today, Trudeau came out in the House and openly accused India of murdering a Sikh extremist here in Canada. He said Canada had 'credible intelligence' India was behind it. Okayyy. But how does that explain his actions today? He's had credible intelligence for a long time about China interfering in Canada, spying on us, blackmailing and threatening Chinese-Canadian expats here, funneling money into the pockets of politicians and interfering in our elections and he's taken no real action nor accused China. Also, Trudeau has never shown any interest in national security matters. Trudeau's only interest is votes for Trudeau.

Further, the normal way to handle such things, particularly when there's no proof, is to rally support from allies and then do some stern, behind the scenes things with India.  Why not try that here? After all, if it really did happen, maybe it's a rogue operation and Modi doesn't even know. 

Ah, but that wouldn't give Trudeau any votes.

Suddenly, we have Captain Trudeau, standing nobly before us and the great evil Indian Other! Hands on hips, shoulders back, chin elevated nobly and bravely, a stern look on his face (which he's probably practiced in mirrors). "Rally around me!" he cries. Poilievre has little choice but to express support. Singh hates India so naturally he's on-side. Trudeau will institute some sort of minor sanctions he will play  up which will have no affect on India. India will retaliate, which WILL have an impact on us as India has way more power and influence in the world than we do. But Trudeau will get to act tough against an 'enemy' and thus narrow the big gap between him and Poilievre. I think it will work, too. Watch his approval ratings and poll numbers shoot up.

There goes any hope of any sort of trade deal with the world's largest country, but hey, if it gets Trudeau more votes that's well worth it! It's not like the economy matters to him anyway.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-canadian-authorities-have-intelligence-that-india-was-behind-slaying/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

There goes any hope of any sort of trade deal with the world's largest country, but hey, if it gets Trudeau more votes that's well worth it! It's not like the economy matters to him anyway.

I'm sure the economy matters, but as usual in Canadian politics it's party first. In fact, it would be a great rallying cry for Poilievre to campaign on.... country before party. He would win hands down.

Edited by suds
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

In an unprecedented move today, Trudeau came out in the House and openly accused India of murdering a Sikh extremist here in Canada. He said Canada had 'credible intelligence' India was behind it.

More verbal flatulence from Canada's greatest embarrassment . . . . 

Seems to me that a convicted?? terrorist went to India on Trudeau's initial Mr. Dress-up tour . . . on the taxpayers $$ ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Further, the normal way to handle such things, particularly when there's no proof, is to rally support from allies and then do some stern, behind the scenes things with India.  Why not try that here? After all, if it really did happen, maybe it's a rogue operation and Modi doesn't even know. 

The normal way? A foreign government is alleged to have assassinated a person on Canadian soil. It’s no joke. A little bit of stern talking won’t be enough, I’m afraid, unless you’re happy with a whole lot more disappearances. To save a trade deal, how many Canadians would you be willing to see killed here? How many dots, as Harry Lime put it.

And as regards allies, let’s not hope for too much there either. Both Britain and the US are courting Modi - you think Rishi Sunak is going to get tough? Which doesn’t make our little friend in India any less of a thug. We saw how much support we got when we had our spat with MBS. 

3 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

More verbal flatulence from Canada's greatest embarrassment . . . . 

Seems to me that a convicted?? terrorist went to India on Trudeau's initial Mr. Dress-up tour . . . on the taxpayers $$ ?

This isn’t about Trudeau. Obviously. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

In this case, Trudeau did do the right thing in calling out India, but demonstrates the hypocrisy by way of a severe lack of consistency in not calling out China for their aggressions on our sovereignty.  We should not stand for others meddling in our elections and threatening Canadian citizens or being behind gangland style executions.

2 minutes ago, suds said:

In this case, Trudeau did do the right thing in calling out India, but demonstrates the hypocrisy by way of a severe lack of consistency in not calling out China for their aggressions on our sovereignty.  We should not stand for others meddling in our elections and threatening Canadian citizens or being behind gangland style executions.

I fear we are going to see a lot more of this from both those countries. 

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

There may well be proof, or at least strong evidence. PP got up and said he had been briefed on the issue and supported JT's statements.

Some of it may never see the light of day, given that the revelations might reveal people or methods involved. Obviously, India will do its damnedest to dispute the allegations while quietly crowing about them in the style of such governments. 

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Some of it may never see the light of day, given that the revelations might reveal people or methods involved. Obviously, India will do its damnedest to dispute the allegations while quietly crowing about them in the style of such governments. 

Canada just ejected a high level Indian diplomat so there must be something to this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, suds said:

but demonstrates the hypocrisy by way of a severe lack of consistency in not calling out China for their aggressions on our sovereignty.

Exactly. This is about saving face from the humiliation he faced while on their soil.

Any aggression on our sovereignty should be firmly called out. No exceptions.

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Canada just ejected a high level Indian diplomat so there must be something to this.

You’d hope so. There’s no sign from other politicians that the evidence is weak. The victim had been warned there was a credible threat to his life so evidence has been accumulating for some time. 

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Considering the complete balls up Canada made of the Air India bombing case, their frustration over Sikh separatists operating in Canada is understandable. That said, you can't be foreign citizens in their  own country.

Conspiracies of this type are notoriously difficult to investigate and prosecute in rule of law countries. 

11 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

You’d hope so. There’s no sign from other politicians that the evidence is weak. The victim had been warned there was a credible threat to his life so evidence has been accumulating for some time. 

Conspiracies of this type are notoriously difficult to investigate and prosecute in rule of law countries. 

Air India was a mess, CSIS was a new agency engaged in a turf war with the RCMP so they weren't talking to each other, evidence was deleted or destroyed. It was an un professional gong show.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, I am Groot said:

In an unprecedented move today, Trudeau came out in the House and openly accused India of murdering a Sikh extremist here in Canada. He said Canada had 'credible intelligence' India was behind it. Okayyy. But how does that explain his actions today? He's had credible intelligence for a long time about China interfering in Canada, spying on us, blackmailing and threatening Chinese-Canadian expats here, funneling money into the pockets of politicians and interfering in our elections and he's taken no real action nor accused China. Also, Trudeau has never shown any interest in national security matters. Trudeau's only interest is votes for Trudeau.

Ah, but that wouldn't give Trudeau any votes.

Suddenly, we have Captain Trudeau, standing nobly before us and the great evil Indian Other! Hands on hips, shoulders back, chin elevated nobly and bravely, a stern look on his face (which he's probably practiced in mirrors). "Rally around me!" he cries. Poilievre has little choice but to express support. Singh hates India so naturally he's on-side. Trudeau will institute some sort of minor sanctions he will play  up which will have no affect on India. India will retaliate, which WILL have an impact on us as India has way more power and influence in the world than we do. But Trudeau will get to act tough against an 'enemy' and thus narrow the big gap between him and Poilievre. I think it will work, too. Watch his approval ratings and poll numbers shoot up.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-canadian-authorities-have-intelligence-that-india-was-behind-slaying/

I guess you didn’t get the memo that the PM was recently in India had a frosty reception from Modi. It’s now been revealed that this is when Trudeau first confronted Modi about the assassination. It’s no coincidence that he raised this issue in parliament pretty much immediately upon his return. 

You also stated that he has not publicly accused China of foreign interference which is false   He did keep it under his hat for a while because Canada like almost all west countries is so economically dependent upon and vulnerable to China. Greedy capitalists in the private sector and politicians from BOTH PARTIES especially the right fed the Chinese juggernaut with money and technology for decades, thinking it would be perfectly harmless and would earn them a few extra bucks. “China is embracing capitalism” they wrongly claimed. In fact China’s communist regime had simply learned how to weaponize capitalism and use it as a tool to destroy the west and strengthen the Communist Party. Many wealthy and powerful businessmen in the west want these insane relationships w Russia and China to continue because they no longer remember how to be profitable without them. . 

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Air India was a mess, CSIS was a new agency engaged in a turf war with the RCMP so they weren't talking to each other, evidence was deleted or destroyed. It was an un professional gong show.

Indeed. The RCMP et al just watched it being planned. In fairness, it was a long time ago and we did spend a fortune trying, and failing, to bring the ringleaders to justice. 

18 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Many wealthy and powerful businessmen in the west want these insane relationships woth Russia and China to continue because they no longer remember how to be profitable without them. . 

You've got that right!  Although I would say to a large degree mostly China.

4 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The normal way? A foreign government is alleged to have assassinated a person on Canadian soil. It’s no joke.

It's kinda funny, but then it's not.

I.e., it's funny that you care so much more about 1 terrorist than all the violence caused by the Khalistani separatists over the years. It's not funny that our country is a safe haven for them. 

Do you consider Canada better than places like Iran and Pakistan that openly harbour terrorists? 

A little bit of stern talking won’t be enough, I’m afraid, unless you’re happy with a whole lot more disappearances.

I'm happy with a lot more disappearances. 

To save a trade deal, how many Canadians would you be willing to see killed here? How many dots, as Harry Lime put it.

To save a trade deal, let's stop encouraging terrorists.

Would you like it if India was allowing Al Qaeda to hold referendums there about the partitioning of Canada? 

The Indian gov't can borrow my car if they wanna come here to hunt terrorists and they don't even have to replace the gas they use. IDGAF. 

36 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Would you like it if India was allowing Al Qaeda to hold referendums there about the partitioning of Canada? 

I wasn’t aware AQ had any interest in holding such referendums in India. Political speech of any sort is rather risky over there at the moment if you’re not an upper-caste BJP-supporting Hindu. 

Has China killed anybody here yet that we know of? I’m not saying the CCP aren’t fully capable of it but this act is even more serious than harassing Chinese Canadians. It’s a big step further and anybody who thinks it doesn’t affect them has a highly limited imagination. 

56 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's kinda funny, but then it's not.

I.e., it's funny that you care so much more about 1 terrorist than all the violence caused by the Khalistani separatists over the years. It's not funny that our country is a safe haven for them. 

I already criticized our investigation of the Air India bombing on this thread and have said a lot more elsewhere on Sikh extremism in Canada. The problem here is India talking the law into its own hands. Our law. Would you be happy for any country to kill people in Canada that it considers terrorists? Just bypass all that legal malarkey and send in the lads? How many killings would you allow Modi per annum? And how many mistakes à la the Mossad in Lillehammer? That would be fine on your street? 

15 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I already criticized our investigation of the Air India bombing on this thread and have said a lot more elsewhere on Sikh extremism in Canada. The problem here is India talking the law into its own hands. Our law. Would you be happy for any country to kill people in Canada that it considers terrorists? Just bypass all that legal malarkey and send in the lads? How many killings would you allow Modi per annum? And how many mistakes à la the Mossad in Lillehammer? That would be fine on your street? 

Meh.