Can You Go to Heaven if You Don’t Feed the Poor?

The New Testament is very clear that those who do not feed the hungry and house the poor will face eternal damnation. When we speak out against housing the homeless, feeding the poor and ignoring the plight of immigrants, we speak against God. The New Testament does not say that all you need to do is believe. It says very clearly that if you don’t care for the poor, you will face damnation.

Here is exactly what the New Testament says on the subject: 

Matthew 25:

The King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 

36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 

38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 

39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 

42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Edited by Rebound
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Rebound said:

The New Testament is very clear that those who do not feed the hungry and house the poor will face eternal damnation. When we speak out against housing the homeless, feeding the poor and ignoring the plight of immigrants, we speak against God. The New Testament does not say that all you need to do is believe. It says very clearly that if you don’t care for the poor, you will face damnation.

I think I'm living up to the challenge, I'm providing an inexpensive place in a very expensive market for someone who needs somewhere to live. Yes, I'm also taking advantage of that market and making a killing on Airbnb. If I wasn't though I'd probably be poor and if I can't take care of myself how can I be in a position to help someone else?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2023 at 3:57 PM, Rebound said:

The New Testament is very clear that those who do not feed the hungry and house the poor will face eternal damnation. When we speak out against housing the homeless, feeding the poor and ignoring the plight of immigrants, we speak against God.

1) I don't know about you, but we give money and volunteer for the homeless. We give to the Children's hospital too. 

2) I didn't see the part in there where it says that I have to shelter people who want to light my family on fire or chop their heads off.

3) No heaven for this kid. I'm not baptized and I've never gone to church outside of weddings and funerals. Not once in my life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2023 at 4:57 PM, Rebound said:

Matthew 25:

The King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 

36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 

38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 

42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

I love how you woketards use the Bible to peddle Communism. lol

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 6:57 PM, Rebound said:

Matthew 25:

"There came unto him a woman having a very precious ointment, and poured it on his head. But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste? For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor. When Jesus heard it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Get it? So party on. The poor is secondary.
Pass the lubricant...

;)

19 hours ago, theMadArtist said:

Then it's OK for me to call your a churchoid?

Jesus is comparing those who help his followers, vs those who deliberately withold their help.

And the eternal punishment is the second (Permanent) death. 

Not-

image.thumb.png.84875cf336b77d61cf7abe84707d3bee.png

It's still a free country, so you can call people whatever you want. 

Jesus never ordered the government to go communist - Christians give because Jesus wants us to give. That's something you silly Marxists will never figure out. ;)

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Non Christians give because they think it is the right thing to do.

No, the non Christians that give for the right reasons, do it because they haven't completely abandoned the light of God that is in everyone. 

Edited by Deluge