Pierre Poilievre polishes his image as poll shows his Tories well ahead of Liberals (latest polls)

21 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OMG, I just saw the "Bring it Home" TV advertisement with PP. Actually, his Wife talking about him

Why does this commercial remind me of a smiling Trudeau and Happy Ways so much???

Please PP, don't do this.

Haven't seen it but i'm not too surprised. He's appealed to the people who would normally vote for him already, now he's going after the blue libs.  Sounding more like trudeau's sunny ways is probably a natural move

54 minutes ago, eyeball said:

February 20

So with that many you couldn't find a single one?!?!?  wow -  NOW you look stupid :) 

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

That's true. What's also true is Quebec get all sorts of special exemptions.

I am far from being a Quebec proponent but, they seem to know how to negotiate.

Even when Harper and Mulroney were in, the West did nothing but whine.

Edited by ExFlyer

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Well there's a lot of signs of that. The only place where the libs aren't sliding hard yet is in Quebec, but they tend to hold their opinions until it's election time anyway.   they're sliding in a lot of bc too.

Check this out - according to the latest nanos polling a lot of the liberal seats that used to be 'safe' are now too close to call and are sliding to the cpc

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/many-federal-seats-too-close-to-call-and-up-for-grabs-in-latest-nanos-projections-1.6436578

The CPC is right on the edge of a majority - and if they took the seats based on the averages projected today they would have a minority and the ndp and libs would not have enough to  bring them down themselves - they would require the bloc as well.

And if pollievre runs a good campaign he could comfortably add 20 or 25 seats to that 165 projection - giving him a strong majority.

And he's gaining every month. At this rate  he will be polling in landslide victory territory by xmas. 

PP is proving to be a very strong campaigner, he's adapting to appeal to a wider crowd without alienating his base, people are getting to know him and getting comfortable with him, his wife is frikkin adorable AND extremely accomplished and well loved in quebec.

Don't you dare lose faith just yet. :)  With hard work and a little support, PP could be the first PM since mulroney to break the 50 percent popular vote barrier :)

10 minutes ago, Nexii said:

If the CPC is just short of a majority I'm sure the BQ will make a deal with them. Hard for every other party to agree to a coalition if the CPC gets say 160+ seats, the optics wouldn't be good

Well that's true. The Bloc actually gets along pretty well with the CPC as a rule.  It'll cost the cpc of course, they'll have to do things to keep the bloc happy and i doubt there'd be a formal deal  but i'm sure there'd be an understanding for what is essentially a ways and means agreement but on a case by case basis (contrary tho that may sound).

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I am far from being a Quebec proponent but, they seem to know how to negotiate.

Even when Harper and Mulroney were in, the West did nothing but whine.

All true. I wonder how the government would react if the west did threaten to separate en masse.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Woke conservatives? What's the world coming to?

Where  in there are you seeing 'woke ' conservatives? Generally fighting the carbon tax is considered "Un-woke"

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

All true. I wonder how the government would react if the west did threaten to separate en masse.

They'd probably take it seriously now but it would require strong wills from all westerners to get their premiers to agree to a list of demands and commit to sticking with them

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, CdnFox said:

I loved his response when the reporters asked him about his new look and why he wasn't wearing glasses any more and switched to contacts

We all know why. It's about getting the women's vote, and those who are otherwise queer.  ;)

Same as for my theory why the Trudeaus announced their separation publicly at this time. To get the women's sympathy vote for the single dad PM. As the media is touting him now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

We all know why. It's about getting the women's vote, and those who are otherwise queer.

Well obviously. But his answer was way better.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Same as for my theory why the Trudeaus announced their separation publicly at this time. To get the women's sympathy vote for the single dad PM.

If that were the case he'd have announced it closer to the next election.  If anything it'll hurt him and he's working like hell to do damage control. His wife's a bit of a peice of work and i'm sure she didn't give him much choice in the matter.