Canada Day 2023 is May Day

9 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

Hell, here I am a white Canadian and I am NOT spooked by people of colour or different sexual orientation or folks wearing turbans. I also don't wake up in the morning looking to blame this group or that group for my own failures.

Didn't see where the poster specifically identified being spooked by people of colour, different sexual orientation or turbans. Your own quote from the OP indicates media, teachers, politicians. I guess you don't read to good, neither.

Another hallmark of the ill-informed, but highly judgemental left?

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Didn't see where the poster specifically identified being spooked by people of colour, different sexual orientation or turbans. Your own quote from the OP indicates media, teachers, politicians. I guess you don't read to good, neither.

Another hallmark of the ill-informed, but highly judgemental left?

Well if you can't read the intent, that is not my problem. Go back and read his opening salvo, it's all there. Sorry if my assessment of his rant ruffled your features, but hey, if your features are so easily ruffled that is not my concern. 

Of course, you could resort to name-calling, that ought to make you feel better. 

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I doubt that you'll get a direct link to anti racism policies and such. 

You are incorrect again. From the Alliance Canada HK report itself, which you should read if you have the time.

"Beijing strategically disseminates disinformation/misinformation to incite controversies using
sensitive topics within the diaspora community, including subjects like drugs, anti-Asian hate,
anti-LGBTQIA2S+ sentiments, immigration, and more. This approach is highly effective in
eliciting strong reactions and influencing public opinion."

In other words to disrupt a society, you have to get people to not like each other and not see this country as a force for good in the world. You need to destroy the culture, and is what I believe Trudeau means to do to transform Canada into a “post-national state”, with Chinese capital and China’s vast consumer markets married to Canada’s resource wealth.

Happy Canada Day.

26 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I invoked you because, it's not just what you yourself post here but whom you give ups to, that identifies your position.

Yes. So you have a lot to say, but have not read things either.

Is that you, @Michael Hardner;)

I agree with and disagree with comments and statements from all posters, I am not politically selective. If you have something good or interesting to say, on either side of the discussion, I will give you kudos.. Everyone has some good things to say and some not so good. I certainly do not divide people left or right like you so often do. Many people have opinions, some left, some right some centrist and some way out their and, they are entitled to opinions.

Just because I have not read the Johnson report makes me what? Oh, one of many millions that have not read it?

My thoughts on the Johnson report are the same as those that I think of any public inquiry. Lots of pages but no action and no one cares except some political weenies. All sit in a dusty archive building collecting more dust.

Edited by ExFlyer

17 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

Well if you can't read the intent, that is not my problem. Go back and read his opening salvo, it's all there. Sorry if my assessment of his rant ruffled your features, but hey, if your features are so easily ruffled that is not my concern. 

Of course, you could resort to name-calling, that ought to make you feel better. 

Intent? I prefer intelligent discourse myself. Taking people like you apart with critical analysis and facts is far more rewarding.

I visited Romania not so long ago, the bread and pastries are super and its former dictator Chaushesku? hope my spelling is at least close also had a great drive for majestic reengineering of his country. Why did it came to mind I wonder?

Just now, ExFlyer said:

I agree with and disagree with comments and statements from all posters, I am not politically selective. If you have something good or interesting to say, on either side of the discussion, I will give you kudos.. Everyone has some good things to say and some not so good.

Just because I have not read the Johnson report makes me what? Oh, one of many millions that have not read it?

My thoughts on the Johnson report are the same as those that I think of any public inquiry. Lots of pages but no action and no one cares except some political weenies. All sit in a dusty archive building collecting more dust.

That's alright ExFlyer, I am not trying to attack you. Just using your garbage as leverage to make my point when I can.

When you see this, you'll know I am at least partially kidding:

;)

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

He's paid outrageously for useless papersh*t. The establishment is free to do as it likes, as always. Everybody happy, eh? Let's go celebrate!

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

That's alright ExFlyer, I am not trying to attack you. Just using your garbage as leverage to make my point when I can.

When you see this, you'll know I am at least partially kidding:

;)

Garbage sent in, garbage put out.

3 minutes ago, myata said:

He's paid outrageously for useless papersh*t. The establishment is free to do as it likes, as always. Everybody happy, eh? Let's go celebrate!

Aaaaand?? You think a public inquiry is going to be cheaper? LOL

Aaaaand, you think the public inquiry is not going to be " useless papersh*t."?

Edited by ExFlyer

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You think a public inquiry is going to be cheaper?

OMG, wrong wrong question! What does it change? What can it change? Who needs it then? For what?

We could have a clown on a stage reading some (always the same, that's important!) text for a fraction of the price tag and with exactly the same result.

And yeah, that was the idea from the dawn days of the great Northern democracy.

.. and hand out the saved dough for the beer and hockey. First come, first served for involvement in the process.

Edited by myata

18 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. You are incorrect again.

2. From the Alliance Canada HK report itself, which you should read if you have the time.

"Beijing strategically disseminates disinformation/misinformation to incite controversies using
sensitive topics within the diaspora community, including subjects like drugs, anti-Asian hate,
anti-LGBTQIA2S+ sentiments, immigration, and more. This approach is highly effective in

In other words to disrupt a society, you have to get people to not like each other and not see this country as a force for good in the world. You need to destroy the culture, and is what I believe Trudeau means to do to transform Canada into a “post-national state”, with Chinese capital and China’s vast consumer markets married to Canada’s resource wealth.

Happy Canada Day.

1. I'm incorrect that I doubt? ? So I DON'T doubt?

2. So China is trying to "destroy Canada" and Trudeau is complicit?  Wow that's sure going to be a bombshell at the inquiry...  But this means that Trudeau isn't actually woke.... He just pretends to be, to match the Chinese propaganda (which Canadians presumably don't agree with) and make them angrier because they also don't agree with responding to things that they don't agree with.

Such a devious plan.  That inquiry is going to be a bombshell...

19 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Garbage sent in, garbage put out.

There you go, chappy! ;) 

20 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

you think the public inquiry is not going to be " useless papersh*t."?

As long as it exposes China and takes down this reprehensible Liberal government, I'm fine with it.

16 minutes ago, myata said:

OMG, wrong wrong question! What does it change? What can it change? Who needs it then? For what?

We could have a clown on a stage reading some (always the same, that's important!) text for a fraction of the price tag and with exactly the same result.

And yeah, that was the idea from the dawn days of the great Northern democracy.

.. and hand out the saved dough for the beer and hockey. First come, first served for involvement in the process.

Oh OK, so you said you wanted a public inquiry and now you will get one. Pay up LOL

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

There you go, chappy! ;) 

As long as it exposes China and takes down this reprehensible Liberal government, I'm fine with it.

You may get one but you wont get the other LOL China is here to stay. 

Harper and Mulrony and Trudeau 1.0 like China. ya think things will change with someone new?? Dream on.

35 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You are incorrect again. From the Alliance Canada HK report itself, which you should read if you have the time.

Happy Canada Day.

see how "Canada Day", like every other fabrication of the Liberal Party

is really just another mechanism for the lunatic left to pit the people against one another

fake country "Canada Day" was only invented

so the Liberals could cancel it in order to heap shame on the colours

Dominion Day on the other hand, like the monarch, remains above the fray

CIIIR - Pro Patria

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Harper and Mulrony and Trudeau 1.0 like China. ya think things will change with someone new?? Dream on.

They liked China when the dream was to get China engaged with the west through capitalism and therebye bring them to the modern age. But anyone with a realistic view should have known. Instead China became more militarized in developing high tech, and now THEY seek to make us more like them, not the other way around. 

Today every western government sees China as the greatest threat to their stability and self determination. Now the Canadian people need to know why.

46 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

They liked China when the dream was to get China engaged with the west through capitalism and therebye bring them to the modern age. But anyone with a realistic view should have known. Instead China became more militarized in developing high tech, and now THEY seek to make us more like them, not the other way around. 

Today every western government sees China as the greatest threat to their stability and self determination. Now the Canadian people need to know why.

Yeah well, everything looks good when they are subservient but, when you sell all you manufacturing capability away, you lose. It sucks when the kids grow up :)

They do not want us to be like them, they just want to have more, for themselves. They could not care less about us and what we want.

Thing is, we, the collective we, all political parties did this.

So, what more is there to know? We sold the farm and don't like the new owners? What can we do? You can blame your parents but the deal is still done. The answer is nothing. There, I told you and you can send me the money and put the answer on the shelf to gather dust LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Intent? I prefer intelligent discourse myself. Taking people like you apart with critical analysis and facts is far more rewarding.

Did you miss this line:

The government plan to protect people? Less jail for black and indigenous people because of racial equity. Look at bill c5. Look at gladue and Morris sentencing.

The results are more crime and less public safety. You get less jail time simply for being black.

I know you are just being obtuse, but the look is not good on you. The entire OP is a dogwhistle. And you KNOW it, but because of your own attitudes you are attempting to deny what is obvious to the rest of us. 

I will repeat: I am white and don't have this fear the OP expressed. Why is that? Maybe because I don't see black people as monsters. 

I see racists as monsters. 

Just now, Nefarious Banana said:

e9652a14747d134cd4f63e21aa998418_768x0.webp

It’s infiltrated our governments, departments, public education, corporations, and media. The “Catholic” education system in Ontario is in open defiance of the Catholic Catechism.  It’s blatant apostasy, but many of the educational leadership are too weak, fearful, or ignorant to push back.  The US Supreme Court seems to be upholding free speech for private businesses.  Canada is probably past the point of no return.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the separate school system and the Church itself fragments into token status without much to distinguish itself apart from prayers and the word Catholic.

This is live by the way.  It’s unfolding now.  We’re watching civilizational disarray and decline on psychological and spiritual levels.  You’ll see it very clearly soon, because Church leaders are no longer speaking out publicly against euthanasia, abortion, transgenderism, gay marriage, and more.  They’ve caved into media pressure like never before.  The pandemic hastened the collapse because of the residential school “genocide” grave narrative (though not a single corpse was interred).  The George Floyd outrage amped up the calls to tear down the “system”.  Basically the pendulum has swung so far that it’s broken the clock.

The rainbow flag has replaced the crucifix and the Star of David.  A golden calf has been placed inside the Holy of Holies.  Pride comes before the fall.  It’s the Tower of Babel again, Sodom and Gomorrah again.  I wonder how long we’ll wander through the desert this time.

27 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is live by the way.  It’s unfolding now.  We’re watching civilizational disarray and decline on psychological and spiritual levels.

but what were we doing otherwise ?

growing old without purpose, successful men who have it all, living an easy life

see how struggle brings meaning

Israel means : "to struggle with God"

hard times breed better men

with crisis comes opportunity

soul making machines

embrace the suck

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

but what were we doing otherwise ?

growing old without purpose, successful men who have it all, living an easy life

see how struggle brings meaning

Israel means : "to struggle with God"

hard times breed better men

with crisis comes opportunity

soul making machines

embrace the suck

Good points all.  A time for courage indeed.