More Voter Suppression efforts by Republicans

3 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

By taking polling stations off college campuses, it makes it harder for students to vote, especially in rural areas. It means they have to travel, which they might not be able to do if they don't have the time.

No, it doesn't. It makes it the same as everyone else.  BUT -  it DOES make it harder to mine for votes which the democrats want. So it's got nothing to do with making it harder to vote.

And that's the point. Republicans have given up on democracy, so now it's all about trying to make it as hard to vote as possible. This is also why they're against voting by mail.

Nope.  Same deal.  It's much easier for democrats to mine votes by mail, so they want to see more of it. Republicans want everyone to be equal in that respect.

There's no evidence of that.

Well then, if it's not an issue you won't have any problem with laws that make sure it doesn't happen.
Except it does so the dems get pissed :)

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

No, it doesn't. It makes it the same as everyone else.

How so? How does removing polling stations from college campuses make it the same as everyone else?

If the issue is that there aren't enough polling stations off campuses, they could always make more, right?

No, because they don't want more voting, they want less voting until they can just stop having elections.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Nope.  Same deal.  It's much easier for democrats to mine votes by mail, so they want to see more of it. Republicans want everyone to be equal in that respect.

So basically, mining for votes is ok, but if Democrats are more likely to vote by mail, then voting by mail must be banned?

My dude, that's the point. Republicans are trying to get less people to vote, specifically people who are more likely to vote Democrat.

Just admit you're not a fan of democracy, it's ok, I won't tell anyone.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

How so? How does removing polling stations from college campuses make it the same as everyone else?

Everyone has to travel to the local polling station and we don't set up polling stations at most people's place of work or business just to make it easy for them.

Like i said - we don't set up polling stations at gun shows :P

So it's doing something for college students that we don't do for others. That's treating them with favoritism.  And the dems want to do that because they perceive those students as likely to vote for them. '

the only place that's acceptable at all is something like old folks homes or extended term hospitals where people have a very difficult time getting out - but the dems don't support that, they want mail in ballots from there because it's much easier to harvest those from old people.

If the issue is that there aren't enough polling stations off campuses, they could always make more, right?

I would think so - but thats not the issue.

No, because they don't want more voting, they want less voting until they can just stop having elections.

Childish in the extreme :)  which just goes to show why the left can't be trusted.

They don't want it for the same reasons the dems DO want it - they both know it's easier to harvest student votes which are more likely to be to the left if there's stations right on campus.  You can have student volunteers pushing students to vote dem very easily, which you really couldn't anywhere else.

So basically, mining for votes is ok, but if Democrats are more likely to vote by mail, then voting by mail must be banned?

No, but i probably should have dumbed it down further for you. That's my bad, many of my words were polysyllabic.  Er .. sorry i mean 'long'.

There is a fine line between soliciting votes and 'mining' or pressuring or forcing votes.  Mail in votes are favored by dems because it is VERY easy to pressure someone on the spot to vote the way you want them to. Or just take the ballot and fill it out as you like if you have access to their mail.

It reduces security so it makes election fraud much easier. 

My dude, that's the point. Republicans are trying to get less people to vote, specifically people who are more likely to vote Democrat.

they're trying to get everyone to have an equal vote, with neither side being favoured.  That's kind of a good thing

Just admit you're not a fan of democracy, it's ok, I won't tell anyone.

Always love hearing you beg after you know you've lost :)  Sorry, hard pass. I'm more into honesty, Lying about things is what we have YOU for.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:41 PM, CdnFox said:

Everyone has to travel to the local polling station and we don't set up polling stations at most people's place of work or business just to make it easy for them.

But we do set up as many voting stations as possible and spread them out in order to make voting easier.

If the Republicans were still democratic, they would be trying to make more voting stations, not less.

So it's doing something for college students that we don't do for others.

I don't know about Canada, but in America we generally go by region to make it as easy as possible for everyone.

I'm guessing, because you watch fascist media, you probably think we only have voting stations in colleges campuses and bisexual pronoun factories.

the only place that's acceptable at all is something like old folks homes or extended term hospitals where people have a very difficult time getting out - but the dems don't support that, they want mail in ballots from there because it's much easier to harvest those from old people.

Do you actually know what "harvesting" votes means? 

You know that's not cheating, right? And both parties do this, it's not a Democrat thing.

they're trying to get everyone to have an equal vote, with neither side being favoured.  That's kind of a good thing

And they're doing that by making it harder to vote if you're young, poor, or black. Fantastic. 

How come you can't admit that you're fascist? Is it because you don't like nazis? You can just accept you're a fascist without being a nazi. Most Republicans are fascists, not nazis.

2 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

But we do set up as many voting stations as possible and spread them out in order to make voting easier.

But we dont' set them out for special groups. We put them within the ridings and eveyrone has to go to the same ones. Like i said, we don't put them at the local gun show either.

If the Republicans were still democratic, they would be trying to make more voting stations, not less.

Well that's just dumb. What they would try to do is make it fair for everyone, not just special treatment for a select group.

The only reason you like it is because you know it favors the dems. But if they said 'we're not going to put them at schools but we  are going to put them at the local rod and guns' you'd sing a different tune.

I don't know about Canada, but in America we generally go by region to make it as easy as possible for everyone.

we have ridings  based on population. I think it's similar to your system. And yes we try to evenly spread them so as not to cause anyone an advantage or disadvantage. (We require id too)

I'm guessing, because you watch fascist media, you probably think we only have voting stations in colleges campuses and bisexual pronoun factories.

Sure. That's what i think.  i think you know you're losing this argument so you're blathering out of anger :)

Do you actually know what "harvesting" votes means? 

Yes, but i'm sure you'll come up with whatever fake meaning suits your purpose regardless of the real one.

You know that's not cheating, right? And both parties do this, it's not a Democrat thing.

Of course it's not cheating - or more accurately it's not illegal. But it's something that favours the dems because of various reasons.

Funny enough in canada it would favour the right wing. WE don't really allow it the same way here tho, you have to make a special request to get a mail in ballot.

And they're doing that by making it harder to vote if you're young, poor, or black. Fantastic. 

No it doesn't. At all. And i love how you claim that equality means repression ;)

Black people aren't children. THey don't need you to hold their hand when they cross the street. What a low opinion of them you seem to have. They're people like any other people.

How come you can't admit that you're fascist?

I'm a big fan of telling the truth, so it would be hard for me. We have you here when we need someone who can lie easily like that.

Is it because you don't like nazis?

Well seeing as you think EVERYONE'S a nazi that wouldn't leave many people to like would it :)

You can just accept you're a fascist without being a nazi. Most Republicans are fascists, not nazis.

I'm curious - where you aware that when you beg and whine and try to plead with me like that everyone realizes that you know it isn't true and that knowledge is breaking your heart?

Republican-controlled states target college students’ voting power ahead of high-stakes 2024 elections

Republican-controlled legislatures around the country have moved to erect new barriers to voting for high school and college students in what state lawmakers describe as an effort to clamp down on potential voter fraud. Critics call it a blatant attempt to suppress the youth vote as young people increasingly bolster Democratic candidates and liberal causes at the ballot box.
As turnout among young voters grows, new proposals that change photo ID requirements or impose other limits have emerged. 

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

OHHH NOOOOOEEESSSS now it's going to be ...  no harder than it is for anyone else. Yawn. voter suppression my ass.

And Canada has better voter turnout and we already require ID. Soooo yeah, not really a barrier

ID is racist.

Wanna know what else is racist?

Walls are racist.

Math is racist.

Roads are racist. 

Discriminating against Caucasian and Asian applicants at a university or for a job is not racist.

Just agree or you're a racist. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

ID is racist.

Walls are racist.

Math is racist.

Roads are racist. 

Discriminating against Caucasian and Asian applicants at a university or for a job is not racist.

Yeah - that's about the size of it :)

"We want to give a group whom we feel is more likely to vote for us a special voting benefit others don't get!!"

Why don't we just give them the same as everyone else?"

You MONSTER - how could you REPRESS and SUPPRESS them like that!?@?!?!!?

54 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

ID is racist.

Walls are racist.

Math is racist.

Roads are racist. 

Nobody is saying ID is racist. The argument is that the reason for requiring a voter ID is racist because it's just a way to restrict black people from voting.

Voter fraud is so rare that it's practically non-existent in America. But if you're poor, you're less likely to have an ID because getting one takes time and money. Black people are more likely to be poor and they're more likely to vote Democrat, which is what this is really about. This is also part of a larger move to stop voting in general.

https://redistrictingonline.org/2016/08/01/fourth-circuit-n-c-voter-id-law-targets-blacks-with-surgical-precision/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Americana Antifa said:

Nobody is saying ID is racist. The argument is that the reason for requiring a voter ID is racist because it's just a way to restrict black people from voting.

Does it also stop people from getting cigarettes? Library books? Driving a car? Renting a car? Flying on a plane? Crossing the border? Opening a bank account? Entry to all of the hundreds of thousands of licensed establishments in the US? Picking up tickets at the will call at concerts and sporting events? 

Yes, the lack of ID prevents all of those things, so by your standards it's absolutely racist and has the effect of excluding people without ID from society to a very great extent. 

Voter fraud is so rare that it's practically non-existent in America. But if you're poor, you're less likely to have an ID because getting one takes time and money. Black people are more likely to be poor and they're more likely to vote Democrat, which is what this is really about. This is also part of a larger move to stop voting in general.

https://redistrictingonline.org/2016/08/01/fourth-circuit-n-c-voter-id-law-targets-blacks-with-surgical-precision/

You need help. 

FYI there are more poor white people in the US than poor black people, and just because people are poor doesn't mean they're too stupid to get ID or too stupid to vote Republican. 

Get a load of this: 1) every fraudulent ballot that's cast has the effect of devaluing your ballot. 2) There's a really good reason why the Dems are coincidentally in favour of all kinds of voter-fraud-friendly legislation, and it rhymes with: "They didn't stop cheating in 2016". 

33 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

that's literally saying it's racist.

33 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Voter fraud is so rare that it's practically non-existent in America. But if you're poor, you're less likely to have an ID because getting one takes time and money. Black people are more likely to be poor and they're more likely to vote Democrat, which is what this is really about.

What democrats don't realize is  how racist THEY sound.  What you're saying is that black people are too stupid to get id.  Black people are destined to  be poor and make up such a large percent of the poor population that the fact you'd also get white poor people who vote republican is inconsequential - white people just aren't poor.

We're supposed to believe that black people are  some sort of child who need their hand held or they won't be able to vote.

They can vote the same as everyone else, and they can get id same as everyone else. it's zero barrier.  When id requirements were brought in in canada, nothing changed with the poor or marginalized voting.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Yes, the lack of ID prevents all of those things, so by your standards it's absolutely racist and has the effect of excluding people without ID from society to a very great extent. 

Not what I said. What I said is that the reason for requiring an ID for voting is racist because Republicans know that voter fraud isn't a problem, they just want less black people voting.

If a law is created to fix a problem, but it disproportionately puts black people in prison, that's just an unfortunate side effect. But if a law is created under the guise of fixing a problem, which doesn't actually exist, in order to target black people, then the reason behind the law is racist.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

FYI there are more poor white people in the US than poor black people, and just because people are poor doesn't mean they're too stupid to get ID or too stupid to vote Republican. 

In raw numbers, there are more poor white people, but per capita, there are more poor black people.

And I didn't say poor people are too stupid to get an ID. I said it's harder for poor people to get an ID because it requires time and money.

26 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Not what I said. What I said is that the reason for requiring an ID for voting is racist because Republicans know that voter fraud isn't a problem, they just want less black people voting.

If a law is created to fix a problem, but it disproportionately puts black people in prison, that's just an unfortunate side effect. But if a law is created under the guise of fixing a problem, which doesn't actually exist, in order to target black people, then the reason behind the law is racist.

In raw numbers, there are more poor white people, but per capita, there are more poor black people.

And I didn't say poor people are too stupid to get an ID. I said it's harder for poor people to get an ID because it requires time and money.

Now you're just pretending to know what Republicans think, and your assumption is just stupid. 

You think that in a country where people need ID to do 50 basic things, a large portion of the people who vote Dem are too stupid to do ALL of those things. I gotta admit, that's not without merit, they obviously are that stupid, but you're still wrong. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Now you're just pretending to know what Republicans think, and your assumption is just stupid. 

I'm looking at all of their policies involving voting. Each one is about making it harder for people to vote, despite no evidence of voter fraud. Some of theme specifically target black people, such as the "souls to the polls" voting restriction.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

You think that in a country where people need ID to do 50 basic things, a large portion of the people who vote Dem are too stupid to do ALL of those things. I gotta admit, that's not without merit, they obviously are that stupid, but you're still wrong. 

You're lying about what I said because you know I'm correct. I already said twice that it's harder for poor people to get an ID because doing so takes time and money. It has nothing to do with intelligence.

But you have to lie because you're too much of a pusssy to admit that you agree with rigging elections.

@Contrarian This is the true face of the Right. Authoritarians who lie over and over so they don't have to admit that they're anti-democracy. ?‍♀️

Just now, Contrarian said:

ALL??! When Mike Pence made that correct decision was he an auhoritarian? Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, etc, etc, etc. 

You mean your definition of the right?

Rand Paul?! He supported Trump's 1/6 insurrection! He claimed that the impeachment of Trump for trying to overturn democracy was unconstitutional. Rand Paul may be more libertarian on social issues, but he's been one of Trump's biggest enablers.

As for Mike Pence, the only reason he did his job on 1/6 is because he knew there was no way to steal the election. Pence isn't a cartoonish buffoon like Trump and Giuliani. However, like all the other Republicans, he's enabled Trump's fascism leading up to 1/6. He defended Trump during the first impeachment in which he was caught trying to blackmail Ukraine into helping him cheat in the 2020 election. The fact that Pence isn't absolutely unhinged like most of the Right doesn't mean he's not anti-democracy.

Even Republicans like Mitt Romney, who did vote against Trump in the impeachments, have not exactly been outspoken about all the voter restriction laws Republicans have been doing. I'm sure there are a minority of Republicans that are pro-democracy, though it seems like even those might just be against Trump, but still willing to cheat to win elections.

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I did not know Rand Paul was a MAGA man. I need to look into his reasonings for that though, tomorrow, I don't think "he supported the insurrection." 

He lied about how we couldn't impeach Trump for the insurrection because it was "unconstitutional."

I'm sure he's given lip service to how bad 1/6 was, but if he's going to defend the people who caused it, then I don't believe him. It would be like saying police brutality is bad, but then defending every cop who commits brutality.

And Rand Paul also defended Trump during the first impeachment. The entire GOP has enabled Trump this entire time because they rather have a fascist in office than a liberal or a leftist.

40 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

I'm looking at all of their policies involving voting. Each one is about making it harder for people to vote, despite no evidence of voter fraud. Some of theme specifically target black people, such as the "souls to the polls" voting restriction.

You are not doing anything but making an assumption. Period. And a stupid one at that. 

What's stopping me from voting in the US elections if I don't need ID? Do I just need a phone book? In 2023 I can even vote for people named Shirley. 

You're lying about what I said because you know I'm correct. I already said twice that it's harder for poor people to get an ID because doing so takes time and money. It has nothing to do with intelligence.

I don't have to lie because you're never correct. Extremists seldom are. You're just passionate because you're so thoroughly brainwashed. 

But you have to lie because you're too much of a pusssy to admit that you agree with rigging elections.

@Contrarian This is the true face of the Right. Authoritarians who lie over and over so they don't have to admit that they're anti-democracy. ?‍♀️  

Lol. Just keep talking, thanks. 

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What's stopping me from voting in the US elections if I don't need ID? Do I just need a phone book? In 2023 I can even vote for people named Shirley. 

You have to register. You can't just walk into America and vote. That's why voter fraud is so rare here.

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't have to lie because you're never correct. Extremists seldom are. You're just passionate because you're so thoroughly brainwashed. 

You keep lying about me saying poor people are to dumb to vote, when I've explained this multiple times already.

Conservatives have to strawman because they know they can't win on the actual points.

18 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

You have to register.

Without ID. Right?

Duhhhhh.

You can't just walk into America and vote.

Why not? Are you saying people need ID to register?

That's why voter fraud is so rare here.

Providing false ID is a crime that most people don't want to commit.

If your name is Jim Brown and you go to different polling stations in your city and vote without ID for a James Brown, Jameson Brown, Jimmy Brown, etc, you can say whatever you want if you get caught. "People call me that. My friend told me this was my polling station." Meh.

If you produce false ID to vote for someone else you're screwed. It's two separate charges, both serious. No one would do that just to cast 1 single vote.

It's a large, expensive task with a very large risk for the small reward of one additional vote among two million... No thanks. 

You keep lying about me saying poor people are to dumb to vote, when I've explained this multiple times already.

Conservatives have to strawman because they know they can't win on the actual points.

LOL. We both know I'm not lying, and I don't have any straw-man arguments here. You're exactly who I've always said you are, unfortunately. 

Why not just try harder? Why not be a better person? FYI if you always find yourself in a position where you have to lie, maybe it's time for a change... Right?

Just create another account and try telling the truth for twenty minutes one day. See how it feels. Maybe you'll like it? 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Without ID. Right?

Yes, they check things like your address and phone number, though it depends on the state.

Again, voter fraud is next to non-existent here. If it was an issue, don't you think Trump's lawyers would have found some cases while they were challenging the 2020 results?

If your name is Jim Brown and you go to different polling stations in your city and vote without ID for a James Brown, Jameson Brown, Jimmy Brown, etc, you can say whatever you want if you get caught. "People call me that. My friend told me this was my polling station." Meh.

No, because you'd have to provide some evidence, such as your address, phone number, and birth date. And even then, some states don't allow that because you have to register with the actual polling station.

LOL. We both know I'm not lying, and I don't have any straw-man arguments here. You're exactly who I've always said you are, unfortunately. 

You said twice that I was arguing that poor people are too stupid to get an ID even after I clarified that it had nothing to do with intelligence, it's purely about poor people having less time and money.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it. You're showing the liberals here that fascists can't be reasoned with because they don't care about truth.

27 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Yes, they check things like your address and phone number, though it depends on the state.

So, exactly like I said above..... Things that you can get from a phone book.

Again, voter fraud is next to non-existent here. If it was an issue, don't you think Trump's lawyers would have found some cases while they were challenging the 2020 results?

Do they still require ID?

You said twice that I was arguing that poor people are too stupid to get an ID even after I clarified that it had nothing to do with intelligence, it's purely about poor people having less time and money.

Less time? Really? Not enough time to get a DL that lasts for 4-5 years? Do they all work 6 jobs? 

They can't afford a DL? IS it $20K down there, or more like $35? Don't they have $35 from their 6 jobs? 

You're just being ridiculous now.