More Voter Suppression efforts by Republicans

Texas Senate Passes Bill To Seize Control of Elections from Local Authorities

The Texas Senate passed a bill that will empower the secretary of state to seize election authority from county officials. The bill passed on a party line vote, with all Republicans voting in favor and all Democrats voting against. It now heads to the Republican-controlled House. 

• Thanks 1

How much are you an uneducated retard? Let me count the ways:

1. Democracy Docket? What's next?  THE VIEW?

2. Do you have an actual copy or a link to that bill. Here it is. Get some educated red stater to read it to you and explain it to that third grade dropout brain.

https://legiscan.com/TX/text/SB1933/2023

3. How is preventing this

(from the bill)

(A)  malfunction of voting system equipment;
                     (B)  unfair distribution of election supplies;
                     (C)  errors in tabulation of results;
                     (D)  delays in reporting election returns;
                     (E)  discovery of voted ballots after the polls
  close; and
                     (F)  failure to conduct maintenance activities on

the lists of registered voters as required under this code.

somehow voter suppression? Are you REALLY that stupid? Or do you think DemoNazi voters are unable to get DemoNazis elected WITHOUT voter fraud?

Idi otic stories like this are PROOF that Unelected Joe was NOT LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT.

Your head is a hat rack.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

Every right-wing accusation is a confession.

What does that LIE have to do with the subject of the thread? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't read that idi otic link (Democracy Docket) but here's the actual bill.

https://legiscan.com/TX/text/SB1933/2023

Find a red stater (those EDUCATED FOLKS you make fun of) to read this bill to you and mansplain it.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, reason10 said:

What does that LIE have to do with the subject of the thread?

The Republicans are trying to steal elections as they accuse Democrats of having stole the 2020 election. It's like this for literally everything. The Right accuses LGBT people of being groomers, when really the Right votes against bills to end child marriages.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

The Republicans are trying to steal elections as they accuse Democrats of having stole the 2020 election. It's like this for literally everything. The Right accuses LGBT people of being groomers, when really the Right votes against bills to end child marriages.

Setting your projection aside, there's no evidence of 'election rigging' here that i can see. Is your sole evidence that republicans voted for it so it MUST be fraud?

BTW - is clinton still demanding that 2016 was 'rigged' and trump is illegitimate? Oh - yeah i see she is. Yep it's all republicans :)

I swear you've got your head stuck straight up your echo-chamber.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Setting your projection aside, there's no evidence of 'election rigging' here that i can see. Is your sole evidence that republicans voted for it so it MUST be fraud?

Republicans have been using the Big Lie as an excuse to make voter-restriction laws wherever they can. If they were trying to seize control of elections from local authorities in a bubble, I would say that's really shady and unacceptable, but it's not in a bubble, it's part of this larger shift against democracy.

Part of this is taking advantage of Trumpism and the Big Lie. But it's also that Republicans don't have any popular policies anymore. They've given up on winning without cheating.

54 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

BTW - is clinton still demanding that 2016 was 'rigged' and trump is illegitimate? Oh - yeah i see she is. Yep it's all republicans :)

I swear you've got your head stuck straight up your echo-chamber.

That is some epic next level bullshit-ass bullshit. Hillary Clinton conceded the next day when she lost. Donald Trump tried to end democracy when he lost. Yeah, Hillary complained a lot about losing, who cares? She accepted the results. She didn't demand that her fans march to DC and demand they take back the country because she couldn't handle losing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Republicans have been using the Big Lie as an excuse to make voter-restriction laws wherever they can. If they were trying to seize control of elections from local authorities in a bubble, I would say that's really shady and unacceptable, but it's not in a bubble, it's part of this larger shift against democracy.

So there's nothing you can actually point to as any kind of voter restriction at all then.  Just 'republican bad".

Part of this is taking advantage of Trumpism and the Big Lie. But it's also that Republicans don't have any popular policies anymore. They've given up on winning without cheating.

LOL - sounds like you're the one with the 'big lie'  :)

That is some epic next level bullshit-ass bullshit.

I agree her behavior is horrible. But - that's Hillary.

Yeah, Hillary complained a lot about losing, who cares? She accepted the results. She didn't demand that her fans march to DC and demand they take back the country because she couldn't handle losing.

Actually she has to this day denied that trump actually won. She says he's an 'illegitimate president' who won through voter fraud and hacking and a bunch of other things to change the outcome illegally.

She spent the time between when she lost and when she conceded desperately looking for legal options. THat's why she didn't concede that night and her people waited to see her in vain.

The fact that nobody cared enough about her to march is something that i'm sure bothers her to this day :)

She STILL TO THIS DAY denies she lost :)  Just like Trump. Sorry kiddo - you lose again :)

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

So there's nothing you can actually point to as any kind of voter restriction at all then.  Just 'republican bad".

LOL - sounds like you're the one with the 'big lie'  :)

I agree her behavior is horrible. But - that's Hillary.

Actually she has to this day denied that trump actually won. She says he's an 'illegitimate president' who won through voter fraud and hacking and a bunch of other things to change the outcome illegally.

She spent the time between when she lost and when she conceded desperately looking for legal options. THat's why she didn't concede that night and her people waited to see her in vain.

The fact that nobody cared enough about her to march is something that i'm sure bothers her to this day :)

She STILL TO THIS DAY denies she lost :)  Just like Trump. Sorry kiddo - you lose again :)

No one "loses" due to ^these kind of FANTASY OPINIONS.

You STILL do NOT know how to provide substantiation for ANY OF THEM. LMAO

Hillary claiming SHE BELIEVES Trump is illegitimate AFTER conceding is NOT the statement of FACT YOU'RE LYING ABOUT. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Her 'FANTASY OPINIONS' sure sound like she's a loser :)

Sure i do - her words are RIGHT THERE. Do you need a link to them? :) LOLOLOL

Hillary claiming SHE BELIEVES Trump is illegitimate \

Exactly. SHe believes trump is illegitimate AND she impinged the entire election process.

She thinks she won - she thinks trump unlawfully 'stole' the election. Gee..  where have we seen that kind of thinking recently :P

everyone  here knows who the liar is sparky. And it ain't me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

:That is a lie and you are a liar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

Hillary claiming SHE BELIEVES Trump is illegitimate AFTER conceding is NOT the statement of FACT YOU'RE LYING ABOUT. 

ROFLMAO.

17 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Quoting LYING sources only proves that you get your LIES from lying sources.

The ONLY thing Mainstream Conservatives want (and we make up the vast majority of America) is ONE MAN ONE VOTE, show up with a valid photo ID on election day. Wait your turn and vote. That way, elections are tallied on Election NIght.

If you have a problem with that, you are admitting either (a) Democrats are too STUPID to obtain a photo ID, or (b) Democrats can only win elections by voting more than once.

A or B.

Your sources are liars and bullshitters.

25 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Oh look - a left wing think tank says republicans bad without much explination.

Here's an example of how they're making it "harder" -   you must have ID. That's it. THat makes voting harder and therefore republicans are stealing elections.

EVERYBODY has to have id - it's not like it's just democrats who will have to provide it. It's no harder for republicans than dems. AND everyone SHOULD be able to identify themselves.

But no. Requiring people to identify themselves before letting them vote is an attempt to steal the election.

Democrats lie EVERY BIT AS HARD AS TRUMP when it comes to this - no, the vote boxes weren't rigged - no, requiring id before voting isn't "Stealing" an election. 

You're both pathetic - and that means you personally are pathetic for spreading this nonsense.

31 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

The links show how Republicans are doing everything they can to make it harder to vote.

No, that's just stupid. They're not making it any harder to vote by you having to show id. That's just as easy. Seriously - how is that "harder"? It isn't. Everyone can carry ID.  In canada we've had that requirement for decades.

I mean - how would it make it harder? "Cant,,, walk... to ... voting ....  station.. with the extra.... weight.... of ... this ...id! (passes out).

What they're doing is trying to shut down avenues of voter fraud.

31 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

For me, that's bad, because I'm a democracy-enjoyer. Since you're fascist, I guess you think this is good.

You don't give a flying fig about democracy and have complained about it here every time it's inconvenient for you.

It's  "Bad" for you because  "republican".   I could have a note from god saying it's a great thing and you'd still say it was bad.

Just now, CdnFox said:

No, that's just stupid. They're not making it any harder to vote by you having to show id.

They are, but that's only one thing they're doing. They're also trying to remove voting stations from college campuses because college students are more likely to vote Democrat. In some areas they're also refusing to accept a college ID, for the same reason. They're also changing the time when people can vote, based on when younger people vote.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/voting-laws-roundup-october-2021

36 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

They are, but that's only one thing they're doing.

So they aren't and you've realized that and you'd like to move along. Fair enough.

They're also trying to remove voting stations from college campuses because college students are more likely to vote Democrat.

But they didn't. A handful tried and failed and that was the end of it.  So what's your point?

In some areas they're also refusing to accept a college ID, for the same reason.

So use other id. Are you telling me college people don't carry any other id? They don't have drivers licesnse or state id or the like? What do people who DON"T go to college carry?

it sure as hell wouldn't be official id in Canada either but university kids still vote in droves.  Again - are you worried that the extra id will make it too hard to walk to the voting booth?

They're also changing the time when people can vote, based on when younger people vote.

Who gives a shit? With mail in voting and advanced polls and such it's a null issue. And if they change the time go at that time.  Are you now suggesting they don't have watches or iphones?

And we have ALL of that in Canada and yet we have good voter turn out, BETTER on average than the states.

So it's a complete lie to claim this stuff 'suppresses ' the vote.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:57 PM, Americana Antifa said:

?

We literally have Republicans on tape now talking about taking voting centers off college campuses to make it harder for younger people to vote. And you fashies are still pretending it's all fake news.

Makes it harder for younger people to engage in voter fraud.

Or are you NOW admitting that younger people are TOO FCKING STUPID to line up at regular polls like the rest of us, wait their turn,  produce the  photo ID and vote?

Or are you admitting that they can't CHEAT in those regular polls, which is why they need the protection of the communist college campus, where 1000 students can produce 10,000 Democrat votes.

Which is it?

6 minutes ago, reason10 said:

College kids would damn sure need a photo ID in order to buy liquor.

WHAT!?!?! That's beverage suppression!!!!  What about their consumption rights? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Joking aside, of course they have id. And of course they can go to a normal polling booth.  But - if there's a polling booth at the campus then the indoctrinated left wing drones can grab their fellow college kids and pressure them into going to vote and voting democrat.  You can't really do that around a regular polling station.

It'd be like putting polling stations inside a large gun show for the republicans :) LOL!

SO of course the dems are pissed - it's an easy exercise in vote harvesting for them and most kids don't care enough to go to the normal polling booths.

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

Makes it harder for younger people to engage in voter fraud.

Or are you NOW admitting that younger people are TOO FCKING STUPID to line up at regular polls like the rest of us, wait their turn,  produce the  photo ID and vote?

By taking polling stations off college campuses, it makes it harder for students to vote, especially in rural areas. It means they have to travel, which they might not be able to do if they don't have the time.

And that's the point. Republicans have given up on democracy, so now it's all about trying to make it as hard to vote as possible. This is also why they're against voting by mail.

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

Or are you admitting that they can't CHEAT in those regular polls, which is why they need the protection of the communist college campus, where 1000 students can produce 10,000 Democrat votes.

There's no evidence of that. You're just parroting lies because you don't want to admit that you agree with the anti-democracy approach of the fascists.