How to defeat the Federal Liberals so Poilievre can become PM

I was walking home today - il fait très beau - and this idea (well, ideas) ran through my mind.

Since 1896 or so the federal Liberals have been a remarkably successful political party. (As they say, every federal Liberal leader became PM. Trudeau (the father) specifically chose the federal Liberals in 1965 for this reason.)  - until 2003 or so.  

-the federal Liberals have won in Canada through two, uh, ruses:

-Ruse A: We get along.

-Ruse B: Experts know better.

Laurier was more Ruse A, King was more Ruse B. Trudeau (the Dad) used both. As did Chretien.  

(As a Tory, Mulroney understood both - and in 1988, he got people on side for Ruse B. Amazing!)

(Clueless Diefenbaker won first with Ruse B then Ruse A.) 

Edited by August1991
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, August1991 said:

True, no problem.

=====

IIRC, my post was about a guy that I saw sleeping on the sidewalk today.

The federal Liberals claim to care about people. They're hypocrites. They fly around in jets. 

They think that if their ideology wins, people do better.

It's delusional.

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I was walking around my property today, and I had this idea, just ran through my mind

the Liberals are all filthy disgusting Chinese Communist traitors...

Dougie93,

Liberals - filthy disgusting? Are you speaking of fellow Canadians?

Some Canadians are left-handed.

===

In Canada, the federal Liberal Party is different from elsewhere. 

Edited by August1991

13 hours ago, August1991 said:

Dougie93,

Liberals - filthy disgusting? You are speaking of fellow Canadians.

Some Canadians are left-handed.

according to your friends the Chinese Communist Liberals

there is no such thing as a Canadian identity

hence "Canadian" is rendered meaningless by its own Natural Governing Party

thus there is no connection between them and me whatsoever

I don't know these Commie traitors who call themselves "Liberals", they are aliens to me

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

It's Friday night, the troll probably had some lager. After hiding for a few weeks, he is back now as Hulk. 

Just to remind people as to who @Dougie93 is, please read below: 

Troll.thumb.png.6b7e9e27f86ff8e30020fc2e257530cd.png

then @August1991 I won't sabotage your thread. But I have to do my job to remind new people who this low life is. 

Thank you. ?

I have no fealty to the Commonwealth nor I am bound to any

as the Commonwealth is not a state, nor an alliance, it's not even a legal entity

anybody who claims to be loyal to the Commonwealth is frankly a fool

as it is just a cultural organization

the Commonwealth includes such countries as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria. Singapore

I have no fealty to those republics whatsoever

the only republic I would defend is the United States of America

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Be real with yourself, you most likely can't even cross in the US with your rap sheet, very evident in your messages and past admission. But that is just a theory and satire. ?

Anyhow, watch the anger level in real life, the boys are free tonight:

be real with yourself

you are some Eastern European weirdo who is not even Canadian

Just now, Contrarian said:

Oh, Troll, Troll, don't spread your lies,

Your rap sheet's known,

can't cross these skies,

The USA's doors are barred to you,

You said it too, as if it were new.

?

you are the most un-Canadian person ever to post on this forum

you are the epitome of un-Canadian

you can go to America, you can come to Canada after

you can change countries at your leisure

but you're still a weirdo Eastern European foreigner either way

just being real, that's what you invoked

7 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Pourquoi les politiciens français ne travaillent-ils jamais par beau temps ? Parce qu'ils ne peuvent pas diriger entre les rayons du soleil !

Crappy Google translate.

===

Contrairian and Dougie, get a room.

IMHO, you two are welcome to post ideas here but the Internet is a broad place, like the Universe. 

Note to moderator: What a nightmare.

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Sure, oh, by the way, this is the code for digital handcuffs that is well known: 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0. 

I was upset you hid for a few weeks, probably afraid, don't you understand I record everything about you, all you do, I even have your past messages deleted and active in a folder called "Dougie93". You are a fake, brother, hence nobody is here for you. Where are your friends? Alone, like a troll. 

Why? Because of this: 

Troll.png

1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0. 

America is not a member of the Commonwealth

America has no agreements,  nor treaties,  nor alliances with the Commonwealth

because the Commonwealth is actually nothing

if some Eastern European thinks they are part of a fantasy alliance called "the Commonwealth"

more fool them / shrugs

57 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Here, I disagree.

Because of the federal Liberals - we Canadians get along. 

Nice topic. I think the spirit of "getting along" goes back to before the Liberals, so I would not give them full credit for that.

Also, Sir John A, who helped establish the confederation, was a conservative.

Today in fact we have the opposite going on. Liberal PM Justin Trudeau has openly expressed intolerance and sown division among Canadians. 

His comments about the unvaccinated, for example, branding them as racists and misogynists. It was bizarre.

• Like 1

Dougie/Contraian: Get a room.

====

The federal Liberals are frauds, hypocrites. This is how Poilievre will defeat Trudeau. 

Our PM says that in his Canada: "We care about people."

Trudeau says that he cares about the environment.  Yet, he flies around the world in jets.

At least the NDP and QS are honest.

The Liberals do well because:

1. they elect true bilingual leaders from Quebec, which the Quebecois like.

2. They appeal to the left-of-center political sensibilities of the urban voters of Quebec and Ontario.  That's usually enough for them to take the election.

Maybe Pierre Poillievre's French name will get him some play in Quebec.  Jagmeet Singh should change his name to Jean-Luc Francois.

• Haha 1

In my opinion the federal Liberals will still be hard to beat, despite Trudeau's numerous failures that expose him as being unworthy of the office. Plus, he's got the NDP vote on his side as well. They're enjoying the biggest slice of the federal pie they've had for many years, and will continue supporting Trudeau's Liberals.

Therefore I say all is lost, my friends. Canada is lost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

IIRC, my post was about a guy that I saw sleeping on the sidewalk today.

The federal Liberals claim to care about people. They're hypocrites. They fly around in jets. 

Liberals are the epitome of "do as I say, not as I do".  Even with climate they talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

I don't particularly like Liberals, stretching back a long time.  They are arrogant elitists who think they know better than anyone.

The NDP, Greens, and the Bloc at least care about their principles more than winning, which I can respect.  Which is why they'll never win i guess.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

In my opinion the federal Liberals will still be hard to beat, despite Trudeau's numerous failures...

In English Canada, it is the wedge urban female issue of honesty:

1. Trudeau is dishonest.

2. NDP.

Edited by August1991

5 hours ago, August1991 said:

I was walking home today - il fait très beau - and this idea (well, ideas) ran through my mind.

Since 1896 or so the federal Liberals have been a remarkably successful political party. (As they say, every federal Liberal leader became PM.

that isn't remotely true. Just in the 2000's we had celine dion.... Sorry, Stephan dion.  He didn't become pm. Nor did ignatief who followed him 

And in the past some who did didn't for very long. Right John Turner?  (Staaaaaaaaare)

-the federal Liberals have won in Canada through two, uh, ruses:

-Ruse A: We get along.

-Ruse B: Experts know better.

Laurier was more Ruse A, King was more Ruse B. Trudeau (the Dad) used both. As did Chretien.  

Well i would disagree a little. For ruse a i would say their real go to would be "we'll bring us closer by passing more regulation you like and spending money".  What did they use? Gun control, larger beurocracy, so many 'climate' plans and accords that our emissions went up just printing them, etc.

and for b - you forgot the tail end....  "And we're the experts".  :)  or in some cases "And we're the only ones who know who the experts are".

(As a Tory, Mulroney understood both - and in 1988, he got people on side for Ruse B. Amazing!)

He won because people liked him personally in quebec and ontario and they were absolutely petrified of the interest and inflation rates that were happening.  People are freaking right now about 5 percent mortgage rates - imagine 20.

To answer the question tho -

PP is doing what he needs to in order to win. RIght now, people are getting scared about inflation and their pocketbook and the deficit, and that's going up every month.  They're having trouble affording food, never mind a house.

All he has to do is convince people he understands what their problems are and that he's got a solution and the skill to make it happen.

And that's moving forward nicely for him. His polling is solid and slowly and surely getting better (which is what you want, you don't want a flash in the pan).

All he's got to do right now is build the foundation. Then at the action election release a plan and keep hammering new ideas and keep the media momentum going and he'll be fine.

50 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

that isn't remotely true. Just in the 2000's we had celine dion.... Sorry, Stephan dion.  He didn't become pm. Nor did ignatief who followed him 

And in the past some who did didn't for very long. Right John Turner?

Turner may have been a bilingual drunk who danced with a princess - but he was also PM. You missed Blake.

Even Meighen was a PM. Federal Liberals love winners.

=====

I reckon the Liberals made a mistake with Dion. They should have chosen Rae. I remember that leadership race.

It reminded me of the Ontario Conservatives choosing Miller rather than Timbrell.