Far left Calgary mayor to propose a bylaw of a $10,000 fine and one year in prison for protesting trans grooming of children

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Did I miss something here, because you people are still talking about this. From what I've seen they are talking about using a municipal bylaw, naturally, to enforce against public harrasment. The maximum penalty is a 500 dollar fine.

But hey. Carry on blathering,

ye dunderheadsĀ  ?

Darn - I KNEW i forgot something. We were SUPPOSED to get a permission slip from OftenWrong before discussing issues around censorship!!

ROTFLMAO !!!! - Well thanks for showing up and demonstrating that

a) the left wing is pretty anti-free speech to the point where they come in and yap like a chihuahua if people are having 'unauthorized' conversations they dont' approve of so the story about the mayor certainly has the ring of truth and

b) the left doesn't even realize when they're making our point for us :) LOLOLOL!!!!!

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

That is not trauma. You're not tramatized just because you're confused.

No not me but conservatives?Ā  Case in point.Ā 

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

That describes the 1960s sexual revolution which is destroying the west or the west is destroying itself more accurately.

Spoken like a traumatized conservative.Ā  Blackbird gets it but he probably saw someone kissing out of wedlock back in 1964.

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

ButĀ  of course you have to lie about what was said to try to make your point.

Apparently you enjoy pretending you're stupid to avoid them.

Edited by eyeball

9 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No not me but conservatives?Ā  Case in point.Ā 

Soooo -you didn't understand what was said to you.

Sigh. It's also true that you're not traumatized because you're an dolt apparently.

If you can't understand, next time just ask and i can explain it to you again. Now you just look dense.

Ā 

As to the rest....

ROFLMAO - holy butthurt batman :)Ā  Man, you're just raving now - look, neither me nor blackbird intended to get you so worked up you'd become incoherent :)

I get this is upsetting for you - i know how you get when you realize you can't defend your point of view and start freaking out.

But it's just the internet. You said something less intelligent - you got called on it - tomorrow's another day. Go have a glass of warm milk or something and try to cope.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Spoken like a traumatized conservative.Ā  Blackbird gets it but he probably saw someone kissing out of wedlock back in 1964.

No, that's not it at all.Ā  Ā I have received by God's grace a little bit of understanding which if you changed your attitude, you could too.Ā  Life is not all about satisfying the lusts of the flesh (which I have done my share of regrettably) but by God's grace realized that was a destructive path to follow.Ā  God has something far better for precious humans to have than trying to satisfy the desires of the flesh which does not lead to happiness or satisfy one's cravings.Ā  Ā Trying to satisfy sexual desires is similar to an alcoholic with liquor or a drug addict trying to satisfy himself with hard drugs.Ā  He is never really satisfied and never really happy.

"

REAL SEXUAL FREEDOM

Jesus understood us better than we understand ourselves. He said, ā€œWhat comes out of a person is what defiles himā€ (Mark 7:20). In other words, our inner selves are not bundles of wonderfulness just waiting to be let out. The truth is, our messy inner selves, when unleashed, spread more mess. Itā€™s what Jesus came to forgive and clean up.

Real sexual freedom is not when we give free rein to our sexual feelings, but when we follow Jesus on his path of wisdom. He created us for purposes so lofty only he can take us there. The seventh commandment alerts us to theĀ sexualĀ dimension of our true glory.

And the New Testament tells us more. We are sexual beings, ultimately, to embody the gospel (Ephesians 5:32). But if we refuse to offer our sexuality to Jesus, we trivialize and abuse his gift. Itā€™s like using a smartphone to hammer nails. That just isnā€™t what a smartphone isĀ for, no matter what we might feel. Hammering nails canĀ onlyĀ damage a smartphone. And havenā€™t we all done some damage?

But when we turn to follow Jesus, dedicating all that we are to him, we start growing into a more settled, confident, careful sexuality, with fewer regrets. How could it be otherwise? Jesus was sexual. He obeyed the seventh commandment fully. And he was the most complete, life-giving man ever. Isnā€™t that the freedom we want? Arenā€™t weĀ alwaysĀ better off following him?"

The whole article is at this link, "God calms our sexual insanity"

God Calms Our Sexual Insanity: The Seventh Commandment for Today | Desiring God

ā€œSexual freedom is not when we give free rein to our sexual feelings, but when we follow Jesus on his path of wisdom.ā€

Edited by blackbird

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No, that's not it at all.Ā 

Ok so maybe it's just extreme angst when you say we're all doomed and that the west is being destroyed AKA going to hell in a handbasket. In any case a lot of people seem to be experiencing pain and suffering including mental or spiritual anguish. Traumatized is an entirely appropriate descriptive term for many people in this state.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Did I miss something here, because you people are still talking about this. From what I've seen they are talking about using a municipal bylaw, naturally, to enforce against public harrasment. The maximum penalty is a 500 dollar fine.

But hey. Carry on blathering,

ye dunderheadsĀ  ?

Harassment only seems to count when it's a woke cause.Ā 

Right to protest is content neutral. Deal with it

On 3/12/2023 at 2:13 PM, Michael Hardner said:

And of course there are limits.Ā Ā 

Try to get your kid to opt out of Remembrance Day or the National Anthem, and you'll find where your parental rights end.

The key thing, is to bring a perceptible level of ANGER to any discussion around children.

What? Of course they can opt out...

Ā 

This Jeffrey Marsh fellow has really got the Muslim community up in arms after trying to lure children away to private chat rooms and cut off all communication with their parents.Ā 

This fellow got a bit tampon endorsement from Procter and Gamble ... the normalization of perverted social ideology

48 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Moving on... OW has characterized this as an anti harrassment bylaw.

Ā 

If so, this may all be hyperbolic hyperventilation.

The devil is always in the details, but i'm sure regardless they'd try to make it sound less ominous. They're not going to call it a 'free speech removal provision' or the like :) LOLĀ  We'll have to see what the actual language of any bill or order that gets put forward looks like.

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

Ok so maybe it's just extreme angst when you say we're all doomed and that the west is being destroyed AKA going to hell in a handbasket. In any case a lot of people seem to be experiencing pain and suffering including mental or spiritual anguish. Traumatized is an entirely appropriate descriptive term for many people in this state.

Yes, that is true.Ā  People are suffering mental, spiritual anguish and are traumatized.Ā  The reason is again because of the fall of man and the resultant fallen nature and the choices people make as a result.Ā  Perhaps you are starting to see that.Ā  Michael gives you an uptick because he thinks you are criticizing me and he loves it when he thinks you are insulting me when in fact you may be stating a spiritual truth when you say people are in pain and suffering.Ā 

He misunderstands the point I am making completely.Ā  Many people have it in their mind that trying to satisfy the lusts of the flesh is the way to go when in fact this just brings endless mental pain to themselves and those around them.Ā  Only God's way will deliver one from this anguish and pain and bring healing.Ā  That is what the link I gave explains.

"

The Ten Commandments are rules, but they are not arbitrary, man-made rules. Godā€™s Ten Commandments are big, bold, bright signs guiding us away from the regions of darkness and death, and toward the upland plains of light and life in Christ.

The problem is, in our sin, weĀ hateĀ being told what to do. We think we know better. We look at temptations thatĀ cannotĀ make our lives better, and we think, ā€œThat would make my life better.ā€ The Ten Commandments point toward Sodom and Gomorrah and warn us, ā€œYou donā€™t want to go there.ā€ Yet we look over at that barren wasteland and think, ā€œThatĀ mustĀ be our garden of Eden.ā€ And off we go."

You see, the "progressives" or woke world think the road to happiness is found in something like Sodom and Gomorrah.Ā  The government believes that. The liberal-left believe that and they are trying to gear society to make that possible for more people.Ā  Hence the child grooming in schools, libraries, etc.Ā  This is totally the opposite of what the article talks about.Ā  The sad part is so many people are blinded and think somehow the freedom of do whatever one wants in regard to the lust of the flesh is the solution when in fact it is the total opposite.Ā  The way to peace and happiness is not found in that ideology or route.Ā  It is tragic in the extreme.

Ā 

On 3/12/2023 at 6:50 AM, Dougie93 said:

these Drag Queen readings are private events

No, I think they are public events.Ā  They are held in public places like public libraries, right?Ā  Anybody can express their freedom of expression to oppose some event such as a drag queen event as long as one protests it on public property, the streets or sidewalk and should not block people passing through.Ā  There should be space left open for people to attend the event.Ā  Protesting something is a Constitutional right but blocking people's access is not.Ā  Also there is a line drawn between protesting something and harassment.Ā  People should not harass or intimidate individuals going to the event.Ā  That's just common sense.Ā  Peacefully disagreeing with something is not harassment or intimidation.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Yes, that is true.Ā  People are suffering mental, spiritual anguish and are traumatized.Ā  The reason is again because of the fall of man and the resultant fallen nature and the choices people make as a result.Ā  Perhaps you are starting to see that.

It's been clear to me for years that that the rise of atheism in the world hasn't done very much to dispel the confused starte much of it's in. Maybe another 20000 years of evolution will help.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's been clear to me for years that that the rise of atheism in the world hasn't done very much to dispel the confused starte much of it's in. Maybe another 20000 years of evolution will help.

"

REAL SEXUAL FREEDOM

Jesus understood us better than we understand ourselves. He said, ā€œWhat comes out of a person is what defiles himā€ (Mark 7:20). In other words, our inner selves are not bundles of wonderfulness just waiting to be let out. The truth is, our messy inner selves, when unleashed, spread more mess. Itā€™s what Jesus came to forgive and clean up.

Real sexual freedom is not when we give free rein to our sexual feelings, but when we follow Jesus on his path of wisdom. He created us for purposes so lofty only he can take us there. The seventh commandment alerts us to theĀ sexualĀ dimension of our true glory."

Canadians canā€™t handle anything anymore? Ā Language is placed in the same category as violence? Ā  Now the head of HR in Markham is suspended for saying the full ā€œN-wordā€ when using it in the context of describing racism in an anti-racist case study. Ā How sensitive are people now, yes all people of all races? What a spineless city in an increasingly spineless country. Ā This is the return to superstition and witch trials. Ā Donā€™t utter Voldemort. Ā No wonder youth throw derogatory words around inappropriately. Ā Itā€™s the forbidden fruit fetishized through rap. People have lost their minds under EDI direction. Ā Of course the CBC canā€™t get enough:

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6781265

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canadians canā€™t handle anything anymore? Ā Language is placed in the same category as violence? Ā  Now the head of HR in Markham is suspended for saying the full ā€œN-wordā€ when using it in the context of describing racism in an anti-racist case study. Ā How sensitive are people now, yes all people of all races? What a spineless city in an increasingly spineless country. Ā This is the return to superstition and witch trials. Ā Donā€™t utter Voldemort. Ā No wonder youth throw derogatory words around inappropriately. Ā Itā€™s the forbidden fruit fetishized through rap. People have lost their minds under EDI direction. Ā Of course the CBC canā€™t get enough:

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6781265

that's racist.

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

No, I think they are public events.Ā  They are held in public places like public libraries, right?Ā  Anybody can express their freedom of expression to oppose some event such as a drag queen event as long as one protests it on public property, the streets or sidewalk and should not block people passing through.Ā  There should be space left open for people to attend the event.Ā  Protesting something is a Constitutional right but blocking people's access is not.Ā  Also there is a line drawn between protesting something and harassment.Ā  People should not harass or intimidate individuals going to the event.Ā  That's just common sense.Ā  Peacefully disagreeing with something is not harassment or intimidation.

your freedom of expression in Section 2 of the Charter

can be limited by Section 1 of the Charter

it's quite easy,

the judge will simply assert that Drag Queen Story Hour is necessary component of a "free & democratic society"

then they determine that protecting Drag Queens from being protested is a "reasonable" limit on your rights

this is not America here, there is no First Amendment in Canada

all rights in Canada are limited in the name of public order

America overthrew the British Crown, Canada did not

so don't expect American freedom of speech here

expect to be treated as if you are the Westboro Baptists, who are barred from entering Canada

anything that is likely to disrupt public order, otherwise known as the King's Peace

the Crown of Canada will quash that in the name of the monarch, HM King Charles III

Edited by Dougie93