Liberal rumours.

Army Guy

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Poor analogy because sports usually come with referees. OTOH under my suggestions it would be a very apt analogy because then we would have process guardians protecting the integrity of the game.

Internationally, the world seems to be following the same pattern as we had in the 1930's. Then, we had groups like Technocracy, Social Credit, Fascism, and Communism, etc. that are a symptom of latent anger in some segments of society.

And this is entirely our fault you say? I'm quite certain politicians would agree with you.

Elections Canada does a good job of refereeing.

I wouldn't say the anger is our fault. In the 1930's it was the depression. Now, maybe it is the combination of fear or climate change and the pandemic and its impact on healthcare and the economy.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

It was designed so our leaders would swear to God

Seriously? In this century, only God would keep our politicians clean, honest, efficient and decent, reasonable etc? And no other means, for us here? We are screwed :( God must have some other, more fun business elsewhere

If you're one of the average mass of the immigrants finding new land of happy plenty here you may be working a factory or McDonalds job near minimal wage and not full hours. Let's say four shifts @$20 / hour a week for around $2,500 monthly. Next, in a large city you can rent a small studio for $,1500 and hardly less. You'll have to buy groceries and meals ($400-500), transportation ($150 - ... if you have a car), Internet and cell subscription ($100 minimum) some insurance and medicines and maybe pay for some utilities on top. Now where does it leave you I mean like how much free money you have left?

You can ask your employee-representative"" who happily makes minimum 4 times median income (that is a double of yours) plus getting a juicy lifetime pension apparently sacrificing their all for you - and you know it, like here right? Now, and objectively how should we call this happy picture, I mean what world does it describe - and belongs to?

Edited by myata

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Of course it's our's and the politicians run it for us.

While this can debated in many ways, Government is an institution. Government is the rules we live under.

Politicians run nothing, they make rules, regulations and laws and the institution enacts them.

Politicians make rules and laws and they also retract rules and laws depending on the politics of the time.

The institution of government is to ensure the country runs under those rules and laws.

Edited by ExFlyer

"15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15 KJV

There is a spiritual warfare going on in the world and the internet forums, social media etc. are no exception.  There are many false preachers or prophets who preach their ideology under the guise of political comment.  They deny they are preachers, but the fact is anyone who speaks could be a preacher of one kind or another.  Expressing opinion by speaking or writing is a form of preaching.  Many preach the ideologies of the world.  They are false prophets masquerading as political pundits or commenters. 

If one wishes to know whether what is being preached is truth or error, they first need to be born again by the Spirit of God.  Without being born again and becoming a child of God, one is in darkness or error.  "3  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. " John 3:3 KJV

According to Holy Scripture, the world system is in darkness and in opposition to God  Therefore I would urge you to consider this and if you are on the wrong side, it is time to make the change.   The Bible, New Testament KJV will tell you what is required.  The gospel of John is a good place to start.  Do you want the approval of man or the approval of God?  If you want to be approved of God, you know what the answer is. 

Here is an audio message on the subject of truth or error.

The Spirit of Truth Versus The Spirit of Error | SermonAudio

29 minutes ago, myata said:

You can ask your employee-representative"" who happily makes minimum minimum 4 times median income (that is a double of yours) plus getting a juicy lifetime pension apparently sacrificing their all for you - and you know it, like here right? Now, and objectively how should we call this happy picture, I mean what world does it describe - and belongs to?

Well, you hired them so it is your fault.

You still refuse to say why you are not running for parliament. You say it is a great job, so why don't you want to get in on that gravy train? What is stopping you?

Edited by Queenmandy85

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

so why don't you want to get in on that gravy train? What is stopping you?

Because it's no fun, easy! It's your time that's wasted on the gravy train, talking wisely over caviar dinners about nothing because nothing can be changed from day one such a can of worms and the Great Leader knows best anyways can you pass some more of that juicy mussel and a bit of champagne please. And we can do something here, real, imagine?

27 minutes ago, myata said:

Because it's no fun, easy! It's your time that's wasted on the gravy train, talking wisely over caviar dinners about nothing because nothing can be changed from day one such a can of worms and the Great Leader knows best anyways can you pass some more of that juicy mussel and a bit of champagne please. And we can do something here, real, imagine?

The Great Leader may not know everything, but he has trained to be the leader of the country for almost 60 years. He is better equipped than any politician.

You seem well acquainted with the cuisine of your neighbour who serves as your MP. Almost as if you share in his bounty of champagne and caviar. He must be independently wealthy. In my time, I've supped with Bob Stanfield, Joe Clark, Allan McKinnon, Don Ravis and had a Dairy Queen burger with Erik Nielsen. I've never seen caviar on the table. I would remember, because I love caviar. I remember when Preston Manning's reformers landed in Parliament and the whining about the food in the Parliamentary cafeteria. So, I guess you are a lucky constituant if that is what your MP serves up to you.

So how can you say it is no fun if you can have wonderful dinners and make all that money, and have a zillion dollar pension for life, without even serving your constituants. I have to wonder if you just like to say bad things about good people who work hard on your behalf. There is a word for that. Ingratitude.

Edited by Queenmandy85

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Being facetious is only demonstrating pointlessness.

Which explains why you provided a worthless answer.

You get to see what you need to see, no more, no less.

Where's the government edict that states that with the same sort of finality and haughtiness? Your betters and their privileges are really quite precious to you aren't they?

The very tone of the relationship between governments and the governed needs to be on par with the mythological Magna Carta. 

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Which explains why you provided a worthless answer.

Where's the government edict that states that with the same sort of finality and haughtiness? Your betters and their privileges are really quite precious to you aren't they?

The very tone of the relationship between governments and the governed needs to be on par with the mythological Magna Carta. 

Whatever makes you think you should or deserve to see anything, let alone everything. As with anything and everything, you get to see what the people or persons want you to see. Even your Wife (or significant other or friends or people you work with) does not tell you or let you see everything.

As for "the mythological Magna Carta. ", there is nothing mythological about it, it is a real document. I think you should actually read what it says. I have, at Salisbury Cathedral. It is not what you seem to imagine it is.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/04/20/the-rule-of-history

Edited by ExFlyer

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Whatever makes you think you should or deserve to see anything, let alone everything. As with anything and everything, you get to see what the people or persons want you to see. Even your Wife (or significant other or friends or people you work with) does not tell you or let you see everything.

Conflating the public's interest with our private lives is just about as deflective as it gets.

Like I said, I get it. You don't have to demonstrate any further that official transparency or accountability are the very least of your concerns.

As for "the mythological Magna Carta. ", there is nothing mythological about it, it is a real document. I think you should actually read what it says. I have, at Salisbury Cathedral. It is not what you seem to imagine it is.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/04/20/the-rule-of-history

By myth I meant in the sense that people still believe it prevents governments from behaving like they're above the law. It gets so mythical people take it to mean it grants them personal liberties beyond the government's reach. Especially when their government start operating outside the law.  

Edited by eyeball

12 hours ago, eyeball said:

Conflating the public's interest with our private lives is just about as deflective as it gets.

Like I said, I get it. You don't have to demonstrate any further that official transparency or accountability are the very least of your concerns.

By myth I meant in the sense that people still believe it prevents governments from behaving like they're above the law. It gets so mythical people take it to mean it grants them personal liberties beyond the government's reach. Especially when their government start operating outside the law.  

I am not demonstrating anything, I just am aware that regardless who you think you are, you have no entitlement to see and hear everything that goes on in government, in business and even in your own family.

As for the Magna Carta, I suspect most people have no idea what it is let alone know what is in it.

I question the accuracy of the rumours that we will have an early election. If an election were held today, we would still have a Liberal minority. The NDP and the Bloc may get 25 - 30 seats each and the CPC 130 - 135 seats. In other words, nothing has changed significantly since the last election and the NDP still have not revovered financially as far as I've heard. There is no motive to trigger an election. 

If they wait until the 2025 date, unless the CPC can win a majority, the grits will form the next government. Does anyone really believe New Democratvoters, Liberals voters, or Bloc voters would support Pierre Poilievre in sufficient numbers in Ontario and Quebec to give him a majority? 

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Why didn't they catch the interference from China in the election and put a stop to it?

That would be CSIS's role and they did catch it. How and why they deal with it is, by necessity, classified. This, however, does not address the rumours of an early election.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDog said:

And to suggest that Troot-OWE didn’t know about it insults us all.

Parliament Building, POTawa.

Once in a while, it is good to come up for air and take a deep breath of reality. Unless there is a dramatic shift to the centre by the CPC with a credible centrist leader, Prime Minister Trudeau will win another minority term in the next election. The CPC has become too idealogical to expand the tent to appeal to pragmatic voters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I am not demonstrating anything, I just am aware that regardless who you think you are, you have no entitlement to see and hear everything that goes on in government, in business and even in your own family.

I know the government doesn't entitle the public to be privy to the public's business that's why I said we need to tweak the Lobbying Act and add the principle that in-camera lobbying should be avoided. There's no need to penetrate the privacy of business or individuals. You're certainly not the first person who's tried to conflate individual privacy with public interest when trying to argue against greater transparency.   Which begs the question how would greater transparency harm you directly, what's the threat to you exactly?   

You'll probably faint at the suggestion the Freedom to Information Act should compel governments to apply for something to be kept secret rather than the other way around.  

As for the Magna Carta, I suspect most people have no idea what it is let alone know what is in it.

It simply said the king wasn't above the law.  Is that too complicated and confusing for you?

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I know the government doesn't entitle the public to be privy to the public's business .... Which begs the question how would greater transparency harm you directly, what's the threat to you exactly?   

You'll probably faint at the suggestion the Freedom to Information Act should compel governments to apply for something to be kept secret rather than the other way around.  

It simply said the king wasn't above the law.  Is that too complicated and confusing for you?

If you know that then you know why you cannot see everything.

Freedom of information does not mean you get to see everything. I have seen documents completely redacted. Nothing but black lines LOL  Just saying to you, your principals are just that, your principals. reality is quite different.

The Magna Carta is more than just a reference to the power of the King. Not confused at all, seen it and read it.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

If you know that then you know why you cannot see everything.

Yes the reason we can't see is we don't have the legislation in place that allows us too.

Freedom of information does not mean you get to see everything.

No kidding. It's just about the most Orwellian name ever given an institution. It means you get to see little if anything.  

I have seen documents completely redacted. Nothing but black lines LOL  Just saying to you, your principals are just that, your principals. reality is quite different.

Nonsense, the attempt to establish transparency as a principle in our governance is why we have a Lobbying Act and a Transparency and Accountability Act.  I'm just arguing they're nowhere near effective enough. 

The Magna Carta is more than just a reference to the power of the King. Not confused at all, seen it and read

It's really not much more than what I said though. You'd have taken the King's side I assume and perhaps argued for even greater impunity.

In any case I merely point to the MC as an example of how changing the relationship between those who govern and those who are governed should be on par with the change that occurred between the rulers and the ruled way back in the day.   I'm simply suggesting another step down the same path. 

Edited by eyeball

That would be CSIS's role and they did catch it. How and why they deal with it is, by necessity, classified. This, however, does not address the rumours of an early election.

Why didn't we hear about what CSIS did about election meddling?  In Britain they gave the public the information about what was going on.  In Canada it is classified.  Clever excuse to keep government's lack of action covered up.  How do we know Communists are not still working to further their own interests?

Edited by blackbird

Once in a while, it is good to come up for air and take a deep breath of reality. Unless there is a dramatic shift to the centre by the CPC with a credible centrist leader, Prime Minister Trudeau will win another minority term in the next election. The CPC has become too idealogical to expand the tent to appeal to pragmatic voters.

The Liberals and most of the other parties are very ideological and anti-Christian.  Democracy is a very weak concept in Canada if it even exists at all.  We are governed by a liberal borg centred in the triangle of Montreal, Toronto, & Ottawa.  It is a family dictatorship type of thing.  Most of the voters are gullible liberal puppets.  Western Canada has practically no say in anything.  It is all decided by the borg in Ottawa.  The Senate is an unelected bunch of liberal hacks appointed mainly by the head liberal.  They are not a democratic organization at all.   Yet they have the final say on new laws.