The MYTH of White Privilege

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/10/the_myth_of_white_privilege.html

There is little reason to believe that racial injustice caused the lion’s share of white-black differences. Racial groups differ in their cultural environment. According to the Center for Equal Opportunity, in 2018 40% of births in the United States were out of wedlock. The particular out-of-wedlock birth rates were 11.7% for Asians, 69% for blacks, 52% for Hispanics, 68% for Native Americans, and 28% for whites. According to the Brooking Institution’s Isabel Sawhill, children raised by single mothers are less likely to graduate, do worse in school, have more physical and psychological problems, are more likely to be involved in crime, and so on. The out-of-wedlock birth rates in the black community have been skyrocketing over the decades even as alleged racism has been plummeting. In addition, the general ordering of out-of-wedlock birth rates likely tracks the countries from which people came. Hence, it is unlikely that racism explains most, let alone all, of these differences.

You can imagine the HELL I created in that Sociology class when I reviewed THE BELL CURVE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve

But it leads to this conclusion.

Next, consider intelligence. Since 1970, Oxford University’s Nathan Cofnas points out that if we exclude children, the black-white IQ gap has remained roughly constant, at approximately one standard deviation. This is a big gap. IQ matters because it correlates with crime, education, jobs, marriage, out-of-wedlock childbearing, and so on. There is a heated debate as to whether genetics cause some of the gap. It is worth noting that anonymous surveys indicate that a significant percentage of experts in intelligence think this is so. See, for example, Heiner Rindermann and colleagues’ 2016 and 2020 studies. Even if the gap is 100% environmental, it does not follow that racism alone explains it.

Watch.

Some of the bat guano for brains posters here might want to make this about slavery and how Americans single handedly created it.

Edited by reason10

There is a thread title. And then a post that has absolutely nothing to do with white privilege. I have to assume OP doesn't know what white privilege is.

It doesn't have to do with money or other circumstances of birth. It refers to the general "benefit of the doubt" that white folks like myself enjoy every day in a society that is built from the ground up to treat us as a special class. 

OP, did you forget that you already posted a stupid thread about white privilege? 

Edited by Hodad
  • Like 2

1. IQ matters because it correlates with crime, education, jobs, marriage, out-of-wedlock childbearing, and so on. 
2. Even if the gap is 100% environmental, it does not follow that racism alone explains it.

1. "Correlates" but isn't known to be caused by.  The relationship between variables is unknown, at least from this summary.
2. Why not ?  Was that proven ?  How would one do so.

It's kind of amusing to watch the same people who deny climate change put on a whole new set of clothes when they try to use science to prove racism doesn't exist.

And the important question is - 'why?'.  Why are we engaging in this exercise.  I don't think anybody should discuss the matter until we explain why we're here...

2 hours ago, reason10 said:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/10/the_myth_of_white_privilege.html

You can imagine the HELL I created in that Sociology class when I reviewed THE BELL CURVE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve

But it leads to this conclusion.

Watch.

Some of the bat guano for brains posters here might want to make this about slavery and how Americans single handedly created it.

The Real Problem with Charles Murray and "The Bell Curve"

The 1994 book, now seeing an unfortunate resurgence, investigates racial differences in IQ—without being honest about the authors' motives

He's back. Recent college protests have propelled Charles Murray into the news cycle again, and his resurging book sales show the publicity's not all bad. Attempts to fully discredit his most famous book, 1994's "The Bell Curve," have failed for more than two decades now. This is because they repeatedly miss the strongest point of attack: an indisputable—albeit encoded—endorsement of prejudice.

"The Bell Curve" (co-authored with Richard Herrnstein) prevails as the flagship modern work reporting on racial differences in IQ score. Black people in the U.S. score lower on average than white people (this isn't the book's primary focus, but it's the centerpiece and main draw of attention). As much as progressives don't want to hear such a thing, this book puts it plainly: It's in the data. With the book’s standing intact, armchair sociologists at large may defend certain stereotypes by simply pointing its way. As for attempts to take the book down, most critics go after its reasoning or its sources (or the authors' associations with the more notorious sources). But those points should actually take a secondary position within a thorough rebuke. Let me clear my throat.

“The Bell Curve” endorses prejudice by virtue of what it does not say. Nowhere does the book address why it investigates racial differences in IQ. By never spelling out a reason for reporting on these differences in the first place, the authors transmit an unspoken yet unequivocal conclusion: Race is a helpful indicator as to whether a person is likely to hold certain capabilities. Even if we assume the presented data trends are sound, the book leaves the reader on his or her own to deduce how to best put these insights to use. The net effect is to tacitly condone the prejudgment of individuals based on race.

17 hours ago, Hodad said:

There is a thread title. And then a post that has absolutely nothing to do with white privilege. I have to assume OP doesn't know what white privilege is.

It doesn't have to do with money or other circumstances of birth. It refers to the general "benefit of the doubt" that white folks like myself enjoy every day in a society that is built from the ground up to treat us as a special class. 

OP, did you forget that you already posted a stupid thread about white privilege? 

The American Thinker article defines and explains the white privilege myth.

Try actually reading it.

Or admit you are stupid. A or B.

It's kind of amusing to watch the same people who deny climate change put on a whole new set of clothes when they try to use science to prove racism doesn't exist.

This thread isn't about racism. It is about the fact that white privilege doesn't exist. I FREELY admit racism is alive and well and living solely in the Democrat party.

Pretty much every liberal here is a racist.

But the thread is about white privilege, (which ironically is a RACIST fairy tale.)

2 hours ago, reason10 said:

The American Thinker article defines and explains the white privilege myth.

Try actually reading it.

Or admit you are stupid. A or B.

I don't think the author understands the concept of white privilege much better than you do- which is too say, not much. But he is, at least, fairly honest about his indifference to racial inequity, concluding that even if white privilege does exist (it does) then we shouldn't think too much about it, because it's no different than the social advantage of being attractive or tall.

Holy crap.  He said the quiet parts out loud!

3 minutes ago, Hodad said:

I don't think the author understands the concept of white privilege much better than you do- which is too say, not much. But he is, at least, fairly honest about his indifference to racial inequity, concluding that even if white privilege does exist (it does) then we shouldn't think too much about it, because it's no different than the social advantage of being attractive or tall.

Holy crap.  He said the quiet parts out loud!

The source is an expert. White Privilege does not exist. Neither does Asian Privilege, (since Asian Americans are richer, have better jobs and more college degrees than white people.)

You may not like the facts, but they exist whether you like them or not.

And yes, there is such a thing as inequity, but today in America, RACE is neither the reason for it nor an excuse to whine about it.

Some people are stupid. Some are smart. Some people are lazy. Some people work hard.

If you want to RIGHT HERE AND NOW make the racist contention that being stupid and lazy is a matter of race, take your best shot.

THIS person

th?id=OIP.dUeKAtmYadzCaunbrnC8SQHaEK&pid

is smarter than THIS person.

th?id=OIP.g0J80YVEWKRSV6A6ISH2fgHaE8&pid

Race is irrelevant, except to racists.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, reason10 said:

The source is an expert. White Privilege does not exist. Neither does Asian Privilege, (since Asian Americans are richer, have better jobs and more college degrees than white people.)

You may not like the facts, but they exist whether you like them or not.

And yes, there is such a thing as inequity, but today in America, RACE is neither the reason for it nor an excuse to whine about it.

Some people are stupid. Some are smart. Some people are lazy. Some people work hard.

If you want to RIGHT HERE AND NOW make the racist contention that being stupid and lazy is a matter of race, take your best shot.

THIS person

th?id=OIP.dUeKAtmYadzCaunbrnC8SQHaEK&pid

is smarter than THIS person.

th?id=OIP.g0J80YVEWKRSV6A6ISH2fgHaE8&pid

Race is irrelevant, except to racists.

Whether somebody agrees or disagrees with your OPINIONS is not a measure of intelligence. Clarence Thomas spent over twenty years on the SCOTUS without ever speaking once.  He could not think of one single unique question in 20 years. Intelligent? 

20 hours ago, Hodad said:

I attempted to create a discussion about white privilege, but you have mostly children here who do not know their ass from a hole in the ground. They kept changing the subject.

Watch. They'll still try to do it.

4 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Whether somebody agrees or disagrees with your OPINIONS is not a measure of intelligence. Clarence Thomas spent over twenty years on the SCOTUS without ever speaking once.  He could not think of one single unique question in 20 years. Intelligent? 

That is a racist lie and you know it is a racist lie.

17 minutes ago, reason10 said:

I attempted to create a discussion about white privilege, but you have mostly children here who do not know their ass from a hole in the ground. They kept changing the subject.

Watch. They'll still try to do it.

No you didn't, you started with a claim not a question.

1. "Correlates" but isn't known to be caused by.  The relationship between variables is unknown, at least from this summary.
2. Why not ?  Was that proven ?  How would one do so.

Once again, the totally USELESS nature of sociology classes. Every single one I took in college (not that I took a lot, just a couple to satisfy the science thing) links IQ to crime, as if the two were Siamese twins. And you know how Sociology types are: They say on one hand that they are right about everything and yet they also are the first to point the finger to the lack of proof for anything they don't like.

I'm pretty sure American Thinker is not suggesting that racism doesn't exist. It sounds like they are trying to leave race OUT of this discussion, or at least point to factors other than race.

And the important question is - 'why?'.  Why are we engaging in this exercise.  I don't think anybody should discuss the matter until we explain why we're here...

Why do we engage in this exercise? At this forum, that's like asking me why I would take a sub assignment of ESE pre-K kids. Why deal with retards?

The why seems obvious: The subject of the white privilege lie. So far, you seem to be the only one on the other side willing to discuss it, or at least ask some intelligent questions why.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aristides said:

No you didn't, you started with a claim not a question.

Excuse me, BAT GUANO FOR BRAINS, but I never said I started with a question. I started with a thread title pointing out the facts, (that there is NO SUCH THING AS WHITE PRIVILEGE) and then I offered solid proof from a reliable and factual source.

Geez! Were you socially promoted out of kindergarten ?

Just now, reason10 said:

Excuse me, BAT GUANO FOR BRAINS, but I never said I started with a question. I started with a thread title pointing out the facts, (that there is NO SUCH THING AS WHITE PRIVILEGE) and then I offered solid proof from a reliable and factual source.

Geez! Were you socially promoted out of kindergarten ?

Here's the definition of white privilege for the troglodyte Jethro miscreant racist foul-mouthed cultists here:

"inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice."

I'm guessing youve never been the only white person in a vehicle full of your black friends driving through Hollywood on a Friday night, when it gets pulled over by LAPD. I, (the white one), was pushed aside while all my friends were frisked, verbally demeaned and prodded, harassed... Their only crime... Being out on the street while being black. As usual, reason10 is spewing his particular brand of racist, insulting garbage banter. Vomiting out crap that he has absolutely no idea about. Call the nurse, reason10 is coughing up more garbage. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, reason10 said:

That is a racist lie and you know it is a racist lie.

No, sh!t for brains, there’s nothing racist about the fact that Clarence Thomas never asked a single question from the bench in ten solid years.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/29/468576931/clarence-thomas-asks-1st-question-from-supreme-court-bench-in-10-years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Here's the definition of white privilege for the troglodyte Jethro miscreant racist foul-mouthed cultists here:

"inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice."

I'm guessing youve never been the only white person in a vehicle full of your black friends driving through Hollywood on a Friday night, when it gets pulled over by LAPD. I, (the white one), was pushed aside while all my friends were frisked, verbally demeaned and prodded, harassed... Their only crime... Being out on the street while being black. As usual, reason10 is spewing his particular brand of racist, insulting garbage banter. Vomiting out crap that he has absolutely no idea about. Call the nurse, reason10 is coughing up more garbage. 

You base the white privilege lie on ONE single incident? Assuming that you're telling the truth, your stupid story is NOT an example of white privilege. It is an example of racism. No one said there is no such thing as bad cops, and this is CaliFAGula, one of the dumbest and most racist states in the union.

And again (since you seem to have the reading skills of a young iguana) there is no such thing as Asian Privilege, even though Asian Americans have the best jobs, the most college degrees and the highest standard of living. Whites and blacks were NOT discriminated against when Asians decided to work harder and smarter and EARN those things.

If there can't be Asian privilege, there can't be White privilege.

People who think that are racist.

You are a racist. And you're not too smart, either.

Just now, reason10 said:

You base the white privilege lie on ONE single incident? Assuming that you're telling the truth, your stupid story is NOT an example of white privilege. It is an example of racism. No one said there is no such thing as bad cops, and this is CaliFAGula, one of the dumbest and most racist states in the union.

And again (since you seem to have the reading skills of a young iguana) there is no such thing as Asian Privilege, even though Asian Americans have the best jobs, the most college degrees and the highest standard of living. Whites and blacks were NOT discriminated against when Asians decided to work harder and smarter and EARN those things.

If there can't be Asian privilege, there can't be White privilege.

People who think that are racist.

You are a racist. And you're not too smart, either.

You are such a piece of racist trash. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

No, sh!t for brains, there’s nothing racist about the fact that Clarence Thomas never asked a single question from the bench in ten solid years.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/29/468576931/clarence-thomas-asks-1st-question-from-supreme-court-bench-in-10-years

See, THIS is why everybody with a job, an education and a brain is laughing at you. NPR? Seriously? What's next? Democrat Underground? THE VIEW?

This is why you goose steppers lose so many arguments. YOU HAVE NO RELIABLE SOURCES.