Russian Army collapsing - the unsurprising failure of a police-state

Moonbox

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Thanks for proving my point.  The Russian army has been involved in multiple military actions and wars, and has specifically NOT collapsed, something that moon box should let sink in for a while.

And Russia is not a police state.  Certainly not as free as Canada, but if you want to point to a police state, North Korea comes to mind.  No, something else is causing the Russian army to come under strain.  

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

Thanks for proving my point.  The Russian army has been involved in multiple military actions and wars, and has specifically NOT collapsed, something that moon box should let sink in for a while.

And Russia is not a police state.  Certainly not as free as Canada, but if you want to point to a police state, North Korea comes to mind.  No, something else is causing the Russian army to come under strain.  

Incompetence and the soldiers realizing they have been sol a lie. If you can get ten years for just saying this is a war, you are living in a police state.

• Confused 2

Here’s a police state for you:

https://nypost.com/2022/09/30/china-has-opened-police-stations-in-us-and-canada-to-monitor-chinese-citizens-report/

“China has opened dozens of “overseas police service stations” around the globe to monitor its citizens living abroad, including one location in New York City and three in Toronto.”

Edited by sharkman

16 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Here’s a police state for you:

https://nypost.com/2022/09/30/china-has-opened-police-stations-in-us-and-canada-to-monitor-chinese-citizens-report/

“China has opened dozens of “overseas police service stations” around the globe to monitor its citizens living abroad, including one location in New York City and three in Toronto.”

Them too.

1 minute ago, sharkman said:

Get back to me when Russia opens police stations in Canada and the US to monitor its citizens abroad.

Still deflecting. What does that have to do with Ukraine?

Putin’s oligarch buddies have robbed the Russian military blind and the high command has been replaced by yes men. What was at one time probably a highly competent military is now rotten from top to bottom and the grunts they send out to die aren’t buying it anymore. This weakness has been exposed by an army a tenth the size.

31 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Still deflecting. What does that have to do with Ukraine?

This thread isn’t about Ukraine. If you want to talk about Ukraine, there are several Ukraine threads. 

Get back to me when Russia starts opening police stations in other countries to monitor their citizens. 

14 minutes ago, sharkman said:

This thread isn’t about Ukraine. If you want to talk about Ukraine, there are several Ukraine threads. 

Get back to me when Russia starts opening police stations in other countries to monitor their citizens. 

It's about the Russian army collapsing. In Ukraine. But hey, keep deflecting, it's all you got.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, Nationalist said:

Didn't those eastern provinces just hold yet another referendum and DEMOC4ATICLY vote to leave Ukraine? Yes they did...for the second time.

Where all all the great defenders of DEMOCRACY now?

Ignoring their claims about DEMOCRACY...more Libbie hypocrisy. 

You’re Hilarious. Saddam Hussein was “DEMOC4ATICLY” elected and re-elected too. I believe Northern Korean Kim Jongs are too. 

I know the Republican party is licking its chops wanting to hold similar sham “elections” in the mold of their favourite despots everyone who’s not a gullible sucker knows Putin’s BS when they see it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nationalist said:

And you can prove I think invading sovereign states is OK...or go fix your skirt.

The first referendum was done without and Russian presence. 

I follow truth. The truth is...Ukraine originally sent neo-nazis to attack the ethnic Russians in the Eastern provinces. There was a war there way before Russia invaded.

But you brainwashed li'l Tweenkies are apparently incapable of understanding anything but the edicts of failed networks like CNN. You would advocate for WWIII if your media wanted you to. Regardless of ALL THE FACTS.

The sort of response I'd expect. More whining.

18 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I thought first you had the referendum, then annexation into the Russian fold, I guess Russia does things a little backwards.

A what is to stop anyone from just deciding they want a small chunk of the neighbor's land. Or is it alright if you have nukes?

And the annexation was never the reason to attack Ukraine, sorry launch a "special operation" It was all about, get rid of the Nazi's and rescue Ukrainians that speak Russia.

Not really. 

The first referendum was held before Russia showed up, with exactly the same results. So what is the fighting about?

2 democratic votes. Both with the same results. One might almost think the people of Eastern Ukraine, don't want to be part of Ukraine. 

16 hours ago, Moonbox said:

A referendum under armed occupation, where there was no option offering, "Stay as part as Ukraine."

Pretty funny stuff Mr. Clown.  

Are you saying you know the wording of the second referendum?

Wasn't the first referendum held with armed Neo-Nazis attacking the people?

Sure it was.

7 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

You’re Hilarious. Saddam Hussein was “DEMOC4ATICLY” elected and re-elected too. I believe Northern Korean Kim Jongs are too. 

I know the Republican party is licking its chops wanting to hold similar sham “elections” in the mold of their favourite despots everyone who’s not a gullible sucker knows Putin’s BS when they see it.

Lol.

Beave...you, of all people, know very little. What you "believe" you soak in from failures like Donna LeMon.

So now you're convinced that the world should go to war, over a NATO reject, that uses Neo-Nazis to enforce its will on anyone who dare challenge them.

Awesome reasoning.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Lol.

Beave...you, of all people, know very little. What you "believe" you soak in from failures like Donna LeMon.

So now you're convinced that the world should go to war, over a NATO reject, that uses Neo-Nazis to enforce its will on anyone who dare challenge them.

Awesome reasoning.

Dude you openly support a totalitarian dictator who ROUTINELY AND OPENLY murders and imprisons people who publicly question him, and who invades sovereign nations and annexes their territory.   And in the same breath you dishonestly characterize a sovereign nation  defending itself from a foreign invasion as “enforcing its will on anyone who dares challenge them” 

You continue to be hilarious and pathetic in your feeble fact-free arguments. 

11 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Dude you openly support a totalitarian dictator who ROUTINELY AND OPENLY murders and imprisons people who publicly question him, and who invades sovereign nations and annexes their territory.   And in the same breath you dishonestly characterize a sovereign nation  defending itself from a foreign invasion as “enforcing its will on anyone who dares challenge them” 

You continue to be hilarious and pathetic in your feeble fact-free arguments. 

Actually Beave...

The war in eastern Ukraine was started by the Ukrainians and their Neo-Nazi dogs, after the first referendum. 

What I "support"...Tweedle-Dee...is peace, logic and truth. I don't make things up and try to sell lies as truth. Nor am I a slave to fear and illogical rantings. That distinction belongs to li'l parrots like yourself.

But because I'm curious...what would you think if a full-on war does ensue? Would you celebrate the mass death and destruction?

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

The war in eastern Ukraine was started by the Ukrainians. Uhmmmm. 

Ok. 

So if the Muslim community in Albania starts yelling to Erdogan that they are having some ethnic issues there, he should send the Turkey army in to take over lands? 

Why should I care?

Besides...Turkey is a NATO nation. Apparently they can't do a thing militarily, without NATO permission. 

Just now, Nationalist said:

Why should I care?

Besides...Turkey is a NATO nation. Apparently they can't do a thing militarily, without NATO permission. 

Of course they can. NATO is a defensive alliance. They just wouldn't get any support from other NATO countries. As a matter of fact, it might result in another war with Greece, also a NATO member. 

36 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Actually Beave...

The war in eastern Ukraine was started by the Ukrainians and their Neo-Nazi dogs, after the first referendum. 

What I "support"...Tweedle-Dee...is peace, logic and truth. I don't make things up and try to sell lies as truth. Nor am I a slave to fear and illogical rantings. That distinction belongs to li'l parrots like yourself.

But because I'm curious...what would you think if a full-on war does ensue? Would you celebrate the mass death and destruction?

Hitler justified his invasion of Poland by claiming ethnic Germans were being persecuted by Poles. He had SS members dress up in Polish uniforms and attack a German radio station as the final provocation.

Ring a bell?

16 hours ago, sharkman said:

Mostly fighting insurgencies, intervening in civil wars and battling mighty powerhouses like Georgia (pop. 4.9M).  

I'm not sure what you think bullying Georgia proves, but now we see what the Russian military can really do.  Certainly even you're not impressed with it, are you?

16 hours ago, sharkman said:

You could fairly say that North Korea is more repressive than Russia, but it's still just a police state pretending not to be.  I know the manosphere and the conspiracy parade revere Putin as Strong Manly Man, but the detachment from reality we're seeing here is shattering that comfy illusion.  

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Are you saying you know the wording of the second referendum?

Are you saying you do?  

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Wasn't the first referendum held with armed Neo-Nazis attacking the people?

Sure it was.

Yep yep those Nazis everywhere.  Nazis in the Donbas.  Nazis in Crimea.  Nazis on the way to Kiev.  Nazis in the US bioweapons labs right on the Russian border.  The best news comes from Telegram yep yep!

41 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Of course they can. NATO is a defensive alliance. They just wouldn't get any support from other NATO countries. As a matter of fact, it might result in another war with Greece, also a NATO member. 

NATO would be even further reduced. We're that to happen, geopolitical forces would shift drastically. 

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Actually Beave...

Your post is 100% lies. And Ukraine is already fighting a “full on war”

40 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

NATO would be even further reduced. We're that to happen, geopolitical forces would shift drastically. 

Turkey and Greece are often butting heads. It is nothing new.

BTW, NATO is not getting reduced, it is gaining members and getting stronger. It hasn't been this united since the Cold War.