Russian Army collapsing - the unsurprising failure of a police-state

Moonbox

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

They've always been geographically close to Russia.  The Kievan Rus that you refer to as the "start" of Russia was from close to 1000 years ago, lasted a few hundreds years and then collapsed after the Mongols.  Ukraine spent as much time after that as part of Poland until it revolted and then Russia took over most of its territory.  From then on, they were revolting against Imperial Russia (and were often violently suppressed).  They declared independence in 1917, warred with and then were subjugated by the Soviet Union, starved in the millions under Stalin (a good reason why so many of them welcomed the Wehrmacht) and then broke away as soon as they could when the Soviet Union dissolved.  

Soo...no.  They didn't really choose to be part of Russia.  

Except paraphrasing Putin's speeches doesn't count as "knowing" something.  Go read a book.  

I know the history and I know they have managed to become a nation and...chose to remain in the Russian sphere. 

This is not my fight...nor is it yours.

23 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I know the history and I know they have managed to become a nation and...chose to remain in the Russian sphere. 

This is not my fight...nor is it yours.

The sham election while under an illegal and brutal foreign military occupation by a force that massacres civilians doesn’t count as a peoples choice and is not recognized under international law. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

The sham election while under an illegal and brutal foreign military occupation by a force that massacres civilians doesn’t count as a peoples choice and is not recognized under international law. 

Why Beave...you Libbies are experts at sham elections. Any more hot air tonight?

45 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Why Beave...you Libbies are experts at sham elections. Any more hot air tonight?

Since you think all western elections are rigged and all Putin’s elections are free and fair, you’ve proven yet again you’re not an expert in anything, just another gullible know-nothing sucker, ripe for the picking by Kremlin propagandists. 

49 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Any election your side doesn't win is a sham. We already know that.

"We"? You mean you Libbies. 

The Russians "collapsed" all over the former Ukraine today.

You blood thirsty vampires might now finally get the level of death you crave.

14 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Since you think all western elections are rigged and all Putin’s elections are free and fair, you’ve proven yet again you’re not an expert in anything, just another gullible know-nothing sucker, ripe for the picking by Kremlin propagandists. 

I've never tried to claim Russian elections aren't a joke. Really Beave...I think your pantyhose are too tight.

Meanwhile the great Ukrainian offensive just met Goliath today. I understand they even hit the German embassy in Kiev.

So rejoice Libbie...lots of blood and guts for you today.

Edited by Nationalist

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I've never tried to claim Russian elections aren't a joke. Really Beave...I think your pantyhose are too tight.

Meanwhile the great Ukrainian offensive just met Goliath today. I understand they even hit the German embassy in Kiev.

So rejoice Libbie...lots of blood and guts for you today.

The offensive isn't Kyiv, it's kicking Russian butt in the occupied territories. What Russia is doing now is terrorism, not a military offensive and it is just pissing off Ukrainians even more than they are already.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nationalist said:

So rejoice Libbie...lots of blood and gits for you today.

You’ve suggested several times now that the annexed Ukrainians have chosen to join Russia. 

Hey look the guy claiming to be a neutral pacifist who just wants Ukraine to unconditionally surrender to save lives is gloating over Putin stepping up his shelling and killing of civilians.

Yeah you’re not at all just a horrible person who has pledged himself to defend the honour of the murderous Russian dictator.  ?

But understand that Putin is still losing the war and is getting his ass kicked all over the battlefield. Targeting civilians isn’t going to change that one bit, he’s just acting out. 

PS it was an unoccupied visa office owned by the German embassy that has been closed since the invasion started in February, not the German embassy itself, sorry to disappoint 

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The offensive isn't Kyiv, it's kicking Russian butt in the occupied territories. What Russia is doing now is terrorism, not a military offensive and it is just pissing off Ukrainians even more than they are already.

Oh no. Hundreds of angry conscripts who got caught trying to run away.

Your war over the NATO reject is now escalating. The stupidity is strong with you. I hope it's not genetic.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Oh no. Hundreds of angry conscripts who got caught trying to run away.

Your war over the NATO reject is now escalating. The stupidity is strong with you. I hope it's not genetic.

I imagine there are some trying to avoid conscription but not the 300,000 that have already fled Russia.

1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

You’ve suggested several times now that the annexed Ukrainians have chosen to join Russia. 

Hey look the guy claiming to be a neutral pacifist who just wants Ukraine to unconditionally surrender to save lives is gloating over Putin stepping up his shelling and killing of civilians.

Yeah you’re not at all just a horrible person who has pledged himself to defend the honour of the murderous Russian dictator.  ?

But understand that Putin is still losing the war and is getting his ass kicked all over the battlefield. Targeting civilians isn’t going to change that one bit, he’s just acting out. 

PS it was an unoccupied visa office owned by the German embassy that has been closed since the invasion started in February, not the German embassy itself, sorry to disappoint 

I'm not disappointed...I'm appalled at by the sheer stupidity of all of this.

Why do you want a protracted blood bath Beave?

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Russians leave Russia every day. It's not a very nice place for most Russians I would assume. 

What's ur point?

This is my point.

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-mobilization-backfires-russians-flee-kazakhstan-georgia-eu-1748771

https://nypost.com/2022/09/28/russia-tries-to-draft-those-looking-to-flee/

Edited by Aristides

20 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm not disappointed...I'm appalled at by the sheer stupidity of all of this.

Why do you want a protracted blood bath Beave?

I don’t.  That’s why I want Putin to withdraw immediately and unconditionally. Anything less is the real warmongering because it will take longer but also it rewards Putin for his invasion and will encourage others to do the same. 

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I still don't understand why this is something to celebrate.

Oh wait...silly me...you WANT a war with Russia. Yet you won't go fight. Just sit at your laptop and egg them all on.

There are so many terms for your position. But we'll just satisfy ourselves with stupid Libbie.

13 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

I don’t.  That’s why I want Putin to withdraw immediately and unconditionally. Anything less is the real warmongering because it will take longer but also it rewards Putin for his invasion and will encourage others to do the same. 

Well...it appears that ain'-a-gonna happen. So now what? More cruise missiles? Blowing up a nuke plant? How far would you go...for a failure of a state...and Putin?

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Oh wait...silly me...you WANT a war with Russia. Yet you won't go fight. Just sit at your laptop and egg them all on.

There are so many terms for your position. But we'll just satisfy ourselves with stupid Libbie.

Russia wanted this war. Russia started this war. You support Russia. I don't.

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

If you knew the history (which you clearly don't) then you'd know they chose not to "remain in the Russian sphere" (whatever that means).  They chose to fight the Tsars.  They chose to fight the Soviet Union.  They chose independence when the SU collapsed and are now fighting to remain outside of the "Russian sphere".  As the Russian troops flee, completely uninterested in Putin's war, the Ukrainians soldiers are proving how stupid everything you're saying really is.  

Edited by Moonbox

9 hours ago, Aristides said:

Russia wanted this war. Russia started this war. You support Russia. I don't.

OK so we'll add "simpleton" to the list of terms for you.

Here's a run down of recent history for you.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/28/nato-expansion-war-russia-ukraine

Now...you simple minded fool...were that I could refuse to pay tax money to "support" NATO...I would.

While I agree with your deep and thoughtful conclusion that Russia started this war, I cannot place all blame on them because...you know...knowledge and intellect. 2 things I hope you develop...

Some sunny day.

6 hours ago, Moonbox said:

If you knew the history (which you clearly don't) then you'd know they chose not to "remain in the Russian sphere" (whatever that means).  They chose to fight the Tsars.  They chose to fight the Soviet Union.  They chose independence when the SU collapsed and are now fighting to remain outside of the "Russian sphere".  As the Russian troops flee, completely uninterested in Putin's war, the Ukrainians soldiers are proving how stupid everything you're saying really is.  

Dear Gawd,

I know you find all creation beautiful and that every living being has value, but could you please quit making so many twits? This world has way too many twits and half-wits who can't think past very basic levels. You've allowed so much stupid to pollute creation that it's getting us all into a real bind now.

So please Gawd...no more twits...at least for a while?

36 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Dear Gawd,

I know you find all creation beautiful and that every living being has value, but could you please quit making so many twits? This world has way too many twits and half-wits who can't think past very basic levels. You've allowed so much stupid to pollute creation that it's getting us all into a real bind now.

So please Gawd...no more twits...at least for a while?

This is the level of discourse you resort to? Pathetic. 

Your man Putin is now desperately bombing cities.

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

It's good to see his armies so humbled by people fighting for their freedom. 

You wouldn't celebrate it because you support Putin. 

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

OK so we'll add "simpleton" to the list of terms for you.

Here's a run down of recent history for you.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/28/nato-expansion-war-russia-ukraine

Now...you simple minded fool...were that I could refuse to pay tax money to "support" NATO...I would.

While I agree with your deep and thoughtful conclusion that Russia started this war, I cannot place all blame on them because...you know...knowledge and intellect. 2 things I hope you develop...

Some sunny day.

So simply because NATO exists is enough to provoke Putin.

As you repeatedly point out, Ukraine is not part of NATO.

But Putin's actions have caused two other border nations, Finland and Sweden, to join NATO. So it's backfired horribly for Putin.