Question for Trudeau Haters....

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Obviously not!

Best check under the rosebush.

But why would you think that you should be tripping over the numbers of dead bodies?  In a place like Winnipeg, Manitoba having around 2000 dead for the entire pandemic, what about these numbers makes you think people should be tripping over all the dead strewn out in the streets of Winnipeg?

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Where are the dead bodies?

Why did everybody that "died from covid" have the courtesy to not die on the way to hospital?

Hmmmm?

My probability and statistics hat says that's not possible.

How do you know they didn't, hmm?  Anyway, most people are heading to hospital when they are still well enough to breathe on their own, so dying on the way would be unlikely.  Common sense would tell you that.

Just now, TreeBeard said:

But why would you think that you should be tripping over the numbers of dead bodies?  In a place like Winnipeg, Manitoba having around 2000 dead for the entire pandemic, what about these numbers makes you think people should be tripping over all the dead strewn out in the streets of Winnipeg?

I'm sure that 2000 people have died in Winterpeg.

But 2000 dead from a deadly virus stalking the streets?

Not so much.

"What killed him doctor? The third gunshot wound?"

"No ma'am. He tested positive for Covid-19."

Just now, dialamah said:

How do you know they didn't, hmm?  Anyway, most people are heading to hospital when they are still well enough to breathe on their own, so dying on the way would be unlikely.  Common sense would tell you that.

So you've found LOTS of dead bodies is what you're implying.

?

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So inside homes and hospitals.

Perhaps we're onto something.

It's killing inside homes and hospitals...but not in taxi cabs...nor pushing a stroller...or sweeping the driveway. Nothing out in the open.

This deadly sickness only kills indoors!!!

Get outside everybody!

Government edict follows: all citizens are to remain outside until further notice. Thousands die of exposure.

This is remarkably stupid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Your argument that because nobody died in the streets there wasn't a pandemic is remarkably stupid.

Deadly pandemic...I correct you.

Because you say it's stupid only. And that holds little weight with me. Or with probability for that matter...something you do not seem to understand.

People don't like to think they were fooled. I understand this. But most people were.

I'll give you a few minutes.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Deadly pandemic...I correct you.

Because you say it's stupid only. And that holds little weight with me. Or with probability for that matter...something you do not seem to understand.

People don't like to think they fooled. I understand this. But most people were.

I'll give you a few minutes.

It's a dumb argument even if you insert "deadly" into it.

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm sure that 2000 people have died in Winterpeg.

But 2000 dead from a deadly virus stalking the streets?

Not so much.

"What killed him doctor? The third gunshot wound?"

"No ma'am. He tested positive for Covid-19."

2000 in MB.  Some proportion of then in Winnipeg.  So why would bodies be laying out in the street if 1500 (?) people died in Winnipeg of a deadly virus that acts slow enough that people can call 911, or take a taxi to get to the hospital?

Hell, a rickshaw pulled by turtles could get someone with COVID to the hospital before they keeled over and died in the street.  

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Is Covid-19 a deadly disease?

People didn't die in mass numbers on the street because Covid doesn't act that quickly, they had time to get to the hospital if they needed/wanted to.  

Your argument is dumb even if you insert the word "deadly" in front of pandemic.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Always the simplistic generalization.  If it’s absolutely deadly then everyone who gets it would die.  Smarten up.  

How many do you claim it actually killed?

Died with Covid-19?

Died of Covid-19?

I'm never going to get an answer to that...

Time for the old joke:

A man walking down a sidewalk it struck by a brick that falls on his head from above...killing him instantly.

At the autopsy, he is found to be infected with Covid-19.

New Headline Reads: New strain of the virus now airborne and kills instantly!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

People didn't die in mass numbers on the street because Covid doesn't act that quickly, they had time to get to the hospital if they needed/wanted to.  

Your argument is dumb even if you insert the word "deadly" in front of pandemic.

Is that a yes or a no?

There really were Martians; I saw one of the cylinders land.

This little exercise shows a couple or three things.

-When apparently fooled, critical thinking will be resisted at almost any cost. You fooled? Never!!!

-People generally do not wish to appear to not be part of the general consensus lest they be ostracized.

-Folks like you might need to rely on folks like me in the not-too-distant-future...which is ironic.

?

Spanish Flu

So, if COVID killed 10x more people than it did, it would be “deadly” in your view. Interesting.  

Approximately 10 times more deaths as COVID from the Spanish flu, although the numbers for that pandemic are only estimates and the range is quite large.  Of course, the world was less populated then.  And, luckily, the COVID vaccines prevented a lot of potential deaths. 

In the USA, about half of the 620,000 deaths could have been prevented if more people were vaccinated. 
https://globalepidemics.org/vaccinations/

I haven’t seen a study for other places, or worldwide, yet.  

Just now, TreeBeard said:

God help us….  if this is the case, Nazis will have taken over, vaccines will have proven to be a hoax, and the earth is probably actually flat. 

Critical thinking will be resisted at all costs.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1