Supreme Court Sides with Christian football coach, religion doesn't need to be kept quiet, leftists have yet another meltdown

9 minutes ago, West said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/supreme-court-joe-kennedy-high-school-football-coach-school-prayer-case/#app

In yet another win for common sense and decency, the Supreme Court rules against a Washington State school board who fired man for praying at a football game. 

The atheist left are once again losing their ever loving minds as they will now have to watch somebody (gasp) pray. ?

Does this include Muslims praying before a game?  

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Does this include Muslims praying before a game?  

Football teaches you to listen to the coach - so NO APOSTASY.  

No more eating pork if you are on Coach Shalhoub's team !!! Now get going - the call to prayer has begun !!! ?

Americans so hilarious... all litigation all the time...

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes.  And Satanists.  

Sure...pray to whatever Gawd you please. But if its Satan...please remain clothed. Oh and...yes...leave the baby oil and plastic sheets at home please...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Football teaches you to listen to the coach - so NO APOSTASY.  

No more eating pork if you are on Coach Shalhoub's team !!! Now get going - the call to prayer has begun !!! ?

Americans so hilarious... all litigation all the time...

Actually...your being childish now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

This is childish.

But fun.

Americans should just have courthouses attached to all public buildings.  

Canada had public school prayer 6 years ago... oops somebody forgot, so they fixed it... no culture war needed.  This is why I tell people that Canada has become what America tried to be.

If Bush Cheney was here more often I wouldn't get away with that one ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

But fun.

Americans should just have courthouses attached to all public buildings.  

Canada had public school prayer 6 years ago... oops somebody forgot, so they fixed it... no culture war needed.  This is why I tell people that Canada has become what America tried to be.

If Bush Cheney was here more often I wouldn't get away with that one ?

This is true.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I think we all know that if this coach was Muslim there would never have been an issue in the first place.

Yes there seems to be militant lefties running around crying about views they don't like then abusing the legal system to provide them a safe space from praying Christians lol

You seriously think that liberals will allow their child to be forced to do a Muslim prayer??

I only heard about this case recently and I haven't read anything that indicated he was forcing anyone to pray with him. And no, I don't think anyone should be forced to pray by another.

Starting in 2008, Kennedy began kneeling on the school football field after games and engaging in brief prayer. Eventually, many of his players joined him, as did members of opposing teams. This continued without formal complaint for seven years until the school told Kennedy to stop. 

• Like 1

As usual, the left on this forum trots out all the usual straw man arguments, so predictable.

1)It’s because they can’t confront the truth of the matter.  Trump has struck again with his SCOTUS picks. (I asked  yesterday what he was going to do next and I guess I have my answer.)

2)Religious freedom is making a comeback under SCOTUS, because it’s enshrined in the US constitution.

7 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I only heard about this case recently and I haven't read anything that indicated he was forcing anyone to pray with him. And no, I don't think anyone should be forced to pray by another.

From what I read details changed from time to time... 

My main comment here is Americans litigating the universe.

50 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Starting in 2008, Kennedy began kneeling on the school football field after games and engaging in brief prayer. Eventually, many of his players joined him, as did members of opposing teams. This continued without formal complaint for seven years until the school told Kennedy to stop. 

The left get all enraged about Christian prayer. It's quite funny. 

A Christian can't even so much as pray before a game but the atheists can sure steal through taxation to fund their baby murder

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

From what I read details changed from time to time... 

My main comment here is Americans litigating the universe.

I can't really argue that, Americans do spend an awful lot of time in courts with lawsuits but it's  better that things get settled in court vs violent protests and death threats against those we may disagree with. The protests in front of some of the SCJ's are clearly a form of intimidation.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ironstone said:

The protests in front of some of the SCJ's are clearly a form of intimidation.

Ok but the Convoy is fine.... give your head a shake.  You either like protests or you don't.  Are they being violent ?  Disrupting peoples' lives ?

Anyway - my example of how Canada does things: prayer in school in 2016.  Somebody says something.  It stops.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok but the Convoy is fine.... give your head a shake.  You either like protests or you don't.  Are they being violent ?  Disrupting peoples' lives ?

Anyway - my example of how Canada does things: prayer in school in 2016.  Somebody says something.  It stops.

One of them threatened to kill Kavanaugh. It's also illegal to protest outside a judge's home. This should be seen as intimidating a judge which is illegal and a hefty jail sentence. Where's Garland? What a joke for an AG

Edited by West

8 minutes ago, West said:

One of them threatened to kill Kavanaugh. It's also illegal to protest outside a judge's home. This should be seen as intimidating a judge which is illegal and a hefty jail sentence. Where's Garland? What a joke for an AG

Convoy protesters threatened Ottawa's Chief of Police - was that intimidation ok with you?

2 minutes ago, West said:

guy started peppering children with tear gas and rubber bullets over their views. Illegally broke up a peaceful demonstration. 

Ah, so death threats and intimidation is ok if you agree with the political viewpoint of the agressor.  Do you also agree with this one, posted by a member here:  MostAll demonrats actually should get punchedshot.

For the record, I do not excuse death threats from anyone, even the one made against Kavanaugh.   

26 minutes ago, West said:

1. One of them threatened to kill Kavanaugh. It's also illegal to protest outside a judge's home.
2. This should be seen as intimidating a judge which is illegal and a hefty jail sentence. 

1. I don't think that was a protester, just someone who wanted to kill Kavanaugh.  If you are ok with guilt by association let me tell you all about this Nazi convoy of drag queen haters.
2. Of course it will.  Judges protect judges pretty well.