Tamara Lich to Receive George Jonas Freedom Award, Our Hate-Mongering PM will be Furious

33 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Once again

Ho Hum... overly done

Overly exaggerated

So much whining

Such an old and tired useless narrative. Such an old and tired useless narrative.  Over exaggerating facts (if there were any) and  stuck on vaccinations. LOL

You guys with your same old song and dance just ain't any fun anymore.

So go. You've lost the Rona debate and if Canadians have any love for the free society we enjoyed pre-Rona...you'll lose this one too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

This strangely dictatorial position of yours is eventually gonna bite you in the ass.

As for "no paranoia"...Weren't you one of the people supporting vax mandates, business shutdowns, those dumb-ass masks and the promotion of irrational fear?

Sure you were...

Dictatorial?? As opposed to the whiners repeating the same thing day in and day out post for post??

You are a funny funny guy (or guyette) LOL

Sure you are :)

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

So go. You've lost the Rona debate and if Canadians have any love for the free society we enjoyed pre-Rona...you'll lose this one too.

Lost??

Ha, have you been paying attention? The restrictions have been lifted in most cases in most of the world after COVID was deemed contained. Fact is, even before your precious trucker convoy, most provinces had already announced plans for lifting restrictions.

No one country or jurisdiction lifted anything until they were satisfied it was safe.

What did I lose? Absolutely nuthin.

We will see who "loses" (whatever you are talking about) and it ain't gonna be me because I am not paranoid and OK with things. LOL

Enjoy your life looking over your shoulder.

Edited by ExFlyer

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Neither of them had to.  Neither of those groups were called names and ignored by the government.

This seems to say that the protests were organized and response to comments by the government, which makes no sense at all.

-_--_---_----_-----_

I couldn't find any reference to an antifa demonstration in Ottawa but finally found one in 2017 that was antifa in tandem with a far right group. No incidents were recorded.

There was a BLM protest a couple years ago, and indeed people were arrested at that.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/protest-ottawa-arrests-day-of-action-for-anishinabeg-1.5811276

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Neither of them had to.  Neither of those groups were called names and ignored by the government.

Ha. Gotta give you credit. That is a new one.

BLM was called all sorts of things.

What protest has been accepted or endorsed or even promoted (except for a few PR seeking politicians)?

Protests are generally by some disgruntled minority group that disappears in the annals of local history. They are a normal even in Ottawa and no one hears about them the day after. No one except he few on this forum and a few others care about the truckers convoy anymore. Get real :)

Are you actually saying that the protest had in advance intended to block the roads? To set up camps? Pitch tents? Set up food areas? That the weeks of encampment was pre-planned???

Edited by ExFlyer

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Last I checked BLM protesters didn’t have their bank accounts frozen or martial law declared to handle them, though the heads of the organization have used a lot of donation money for their homes and themselves.  They haven’t had those assets seized.  

Why would they have ?  They were there for an afternoon... 

Why the out of context comparisons ?  BLM didn't have their tractor trailers towed either btw...

25 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Are you actually saying that the protest had in advance intended to block the roads? To set up camps? Pitch tents? Set up food areas? That the weeks of encampment was pre-planned???

The protest intended to protest.  The Ottawa police were well aware they were coming, which is why they assisted in telling them where to park the rigs.

They said from the beginning that they would not leave until they were heard by the government.

Instead of meeting with the protesters or sending someone to meet with them or even addressing their concerns in any way, Trudeau used the propaganda arm of the media, lied about them, called them names and ignored them.

When they didn't leave, Trudeau had them tear-gassed, beaten, arrested, fined, rigs towed and declared a fake emergency.

You know, the same thing that goes on in other dictatorships and communist countries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1. Trudeau had them tear-gassed, beaten, arrested, fined, rigs towed and declared a fake emergency.

2. You know, the same thing that goes on in other dictatorships and communist countries.

1. Trudeau had no say.  Local police did pretty much nothing for weeks to the point where the chief lost his job.  

2. The Convoy people would have been killed the first few days in a real dictatorship.

Please, this thing is months behind us now - stop with the overdramatizing of it.  The protest overachieved and even resulted in O'Toole getting tossed, helping Trudeau.  Please be satisfied with the results of the F*** Trudeau parade and move on... 

The best is misrepresenting the protest all over the map and accusing others of 'lies'....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. The Convoy people would have been killed the first few days in a real dictatorship.

C'mon.

You know dictatorships don't always kill opponents.

They lie about them, arrest them, imprison them for long sentences, destroy their reputations and livelihoods.

I know you're smarter than that, MH.  I'm sure you are aware of all the ways dictatorships work to squash their citizens.

I'm going to chalk up that comment to your brain being eaten up by CBC propaganda.

Your argument is "Trudeau didn't have them killed, so he's not a dictator or using dictator tactics in any way."

Get real.

Edited by Goddess

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1. You know dictatorships don't always kill opponents.

2. I'mgoing to chalk up that comment to your brain being eaten up by CBC propaganda.

1. I suppose so, but the flip side of that is that democracies often arrest protesters for various reasons.

2. Yeah if you have to make stuff up about me like I get my news from CBC then I guess you have to do that.

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Trudeau had no say.  Local police did pretty much nothing for weeks to the point where the chief lost his job.  

Please, this thing is months behind us now - stop with the overdramatizing of it.  The protest overachieved and even resulted in O'Toole getting tossed, helping Trudeau.  Please be satisfied with the results of the F*** Trudeau parade and move on... 

The best is misrepresenting the protest all over the map and accusing others of 'lies'....

The trucker convoy was an international historic event and the draconian government actions leading up to and following the removal of the barricades are a seminal moment in Canadian history, arguably the first fall of a major western democracy into totalitarianism.  Don’t downplay the significance unless you want to do cover for Trudeau who called it “slippage.”

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I suppose so, but the flip side of that is that democracies often arrest protesters for various reasons.

2. Yeah if you have to make stuff up about me like I get my news from CBC then I guess you have to do that.

OK.  You're getting there.  Democracies do not teargas peaceful protests and take political prisoners, declare fake emergencies or freeze granny's bank account for donating to a cause that is declared illegal retroactively by the government.

When you spout CBC propaganda, it makes me think you get your info from CBC and makes me think you believed the lies about the protest.  **shrug**

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Once again

Ho Hum... overly done

Overly exaggerated

So much whining

Such an old and tired useless narrative. Such an old and tired useless narrative.  Over exaggerating facts (if there were any) and  stuck on vaccinations. LOL

You guys with your same old song and dance just ain't any fun anymore.

Your head-in-your-arse screed is no longer entertaining. FYI no one actually needs to hear what the stupidest, most ignorant people on the planet have to say. 

If you want to ignore stats and facts that's your choice, but you shouldn't wear that like a badge of honour. 

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Dictatorial?? As opposed to the whiners repeating the same thing day in and day out post for post??

You are a funny funny guy (or guyette) LOL

Sure you are :)

LOL...fortunately for me...I am quite happy being honest and honourable.

Apparently you are equally comfortable being...wrong and a liar.

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. The trucker convoy was an international historic event and the draconian government actions leading up to and following the removal of the barricades are a seminal moment in Canadian history, arguably the first fall of a major western democracy into totalitarianism.  

2. Don’t downplay the significance unless you want to do cover for Trudeau who called it “slippage.”

1. That sentence gets more unprovable and ultimately laughable as the period comes closer.
2. I don't know who is right but I do know that no wise person makes declarations about history when something like this is so fresh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Lost??

Ha, have you been paying attention? The restrictions have been lifted in most cases in most of the world after COVID was deemed contained. Fact is, even before your precious trucker convoy, most provinces had already announced plans for lifting restrictions.

No one country or jurisdiction lifted anything until they were satisfied it was safe.

What did I lose? Absolutely nuthin.

We will see who "loses" (whatever you are talking about) and it ain't gonna be me because I am not paranoid and OK with things. LOL

Enjoy your life looking over your shoulder.

You lost...credibility. You lost...truth. You lost...respect and honour.

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. That sentence gets more unprovable and ultimately laughable as the period comes closer.
2. I don't know who is right but I do know that no wise person makes declarations about history when something like this is so fresh.

Do we still talk about the declaration of martial law during the FLQ crisis?   The trucker convoy was bigger Internationally and set off multiple protests elsewhere.  I know you wish it was otherwise because it looks bad on Canada.  I wish it never happened.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

32 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. Do we still talk about the declaration of martial law during the FLQ crisis?   The trucker convoy was bigger Internationally and set off multiple protests elsewhere.  
2. I know you wish it was otherwise because it looks bad on Canada.  I wish it never happened.  

1. Yes - and ?  Are you going to compare the Convoy protest to the FLQ in terms of historical significance ? 

2. I don't think populism looks bad "on Canada" and I generally sympathize with the truckers and all people but the claims being made are just stupid.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

The protest intended to protest.  The Ottawa police were well aware they were coming, which is why they assisted in telling them where to park the rigs.

They said from the beginning that they would not leave until they were heard by the government.

Instead of meeting with the protesters or sending someone to meet with them or even addressing their concerns in any way, Trudeau used the propaganda arm of the media, lied about them, called them names and ignored them.

When they didn't leave, Trudeau had them tear-gassed, beaten, arrested, fined, rigs towed and declared a fake emergency.

You know, the same thing that goes on in other dictatorships and communist countries.

Yeah, another bunch of excuses LOL

The "same thing goes on in other dictatorships and communist countries"? Are you sane?   LOL You are so out of touch it is unfair for me to even debate with you LOL

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Your head-in-your-arse screed is no longer entertaining. FYI no one actually needs to hear what the stupidest, most ignorant people on the planet have to say. 

If you want to ignore stats and facts that's your choice, but you shouldn't wear that like a badge of honour. 

it is not meant to entertain. It is meant to slap your face with reality.

Guess it worked LOL

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

LOL...fortunately for me...I am quite happy being honest and honourable.

Apparently you are equally comfortable being...wrong and a liar.

Yup, you are certainly a sore loser. Or better yet, a winning whiner.

Honest and honourable are debatable.... very debatable. :)

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

You lost...credibility. You lost...truth. You lost...respect and honour.

Lost? Lost what? Lost in truth? Oh yeah.

You failed credibility, truth and respect shortly after you kept repeating the same old same old mantra

25 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yeah, another bunch of excuses LOL

The "same thing goes on in other dictatorships and communist countries"? Are you sane?   LOL You are so out of touch it is unfair for me to even debate with you LOL

My bad.

I thought (again ?) this was something you wanted to discuss.

But (again ?) you have nothing to say, no links, nothing insightful to add.  

I keep forgetting that dishing out insults is basically all you're capable of.

Toodles!

• Like 1