Elon Musk Offers $43 Billion For Twitter

Yup. $43Billion for all outstanding shares.

"I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy," he said in a letter he sent to Twitter. "However, since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form. Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company." https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/14/tech/elon-musk-twitter-offer/index.html

I think this is fantastic. 

your thoughts?

Menzies on Rebel has a good idea for when Elon takes over. He needs to fire what he calls "the censorious thug running the show right now and reinstate Trump's account.

Dana Loesch says if she had the money to buy it she'd shut it down.

Dave Reuben has a good one too. He's calling this "the end of Woke: Day 1."

Whatever happens...if the purchase happens and Elon is the free speech advocate he claims he is this is a really big deal.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Not just Trump...What happens when Alex Jones and all the others get their accounts back?

Does Facebook then have to yield to the power of free speech and reinstate their censored accounts?

People don't seem to understand what a big deal it is if Americans get their free speech back.

Woke dies. The midterms are a bigger blood bath for Democrats than it looks like it's going to be. Forget about American boots on the ground in the Ukraine ever happening. And so on... 

The Global Resetters ability to set the narrative dies. And it should.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Yup. $43Billion for all outstanding shares.

"I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy," he said in a letter he sent to Twitter. "However, since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form. Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company." https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/14/tech/elon-musk-twitter-offer/index.html

I think this is fantastic. 

your thoughts?

Good for Elon Musk!  You can't help but admire the guy. If the deal goes through it will be in good hands.

I've never been a member of Twitter since the purpose of it seems to be mainly a podium for celebrities and politicians and it's not really meant for someone like me. But I think if Elon Musk does take it over it would likely be a huge improvement over how it's currently set up. Trump was banned but Putin , the Taliban and the Ayatollahs still have accounts???

It is amusing to hear that the usual suspects on the left are distraught at the possibility of Twitter actually allowing free speech .

• Like 1

Musk is 'registered as an independent and is a political moderate'. If not his politics, what is it then? The left either wants total control over all social media or is against free speech. Or both. I would place my trust with Musk more than I would Trudeau or the Biden administration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ironstone said:

I've never been a member of Twitter since the purpose of it seems to be mainly a podium for celebrities and politicians and it's not really meant for someone like me.

That's a thing, alright but I wouldn't underestimate how much it matters.

Twitter wants control of the voices it thinks matters. If Twitter isn't in control of the narrative it wants it. With Google and Facebook it may very well have most of it.

I never forget the words of the great Andrew Breitbart - "Politics is downstream from culture."

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

That's a thing, alright but I wouldn't underestimate how much it matters.

Twitter wants control of the voices it thinks matters. If Twitter isn't in control of the narrative it wants it. With Google and Facebook it may very well have most of it.

I never forget the words of the great Andrew Breitbart - "Politics is downstream from culture."

I somewhat agree that Twitter is important in that for bettor or worse, many people get information and form opinions based on the limited information they get from the people they follow. Some alternative platforms are where conservatives are turning to because currently Twitter does not allow free speech.

As for the Saudi prince, I guess he thinks suppressing free speech is more important than money. He is part of a dictatorship after all.

• Like 1

Conservative Treehouse has a decent one where they offer their explanation of why the Twitter board of directors has put together what's called a "poison pen" strategy to prevent Musk from buying control of the company.

The last sum up paragraph puts what's behind it all pretty clear and sweet:

"

Twitter is not making a decision to decline the generous offer by Elon Musk because of stewardship or fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.  The financials of Twitter as a non-viable business model highlight the issue of money being irrelevant.  Twitter does not and cannot make money.  Growing Twitter only means growing an expense. Growing Twitter does not grow revenue enough to offset the increase in expense.

There is only one way for Twitter to exist as a viable entity, people are now starting to realize this.

What matters to the people behind Twitter, the people who are subsidizing the ability of Twitter to exist, is control over the global conversation.

Control of the conversation is priceless to the people who provide the backbone for Twitter.

Once people realize who is subsidizing Twitter, everything changes.

That’s the fight."

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/04/15/twitter-responds-to-elon-musk-proposal-by-creating-poison-pill/

And it isn't just the Twitter board of directors who are shaking in their boots at the possibility of free speech returning to America. In general the managers of the narrative and the supporters of such management are afraid today and so they do what they do. They attack.

Tucker explains:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

image.thumb.jpeg.05676922ab9566d453bc82e7f8c698fd.jpeg

Sometimes infiltrator memes are funny but unintentionally.

That one seems to be wanting to convince us Musk is looking to initiate a technocratic takeover by taking over something the technocrats have already taken over.

It's like the school bullies that have been giving you wet willies, locking you in your locker or hitting you in the face with your own hand telling you to watch out for that other guy. He'll give you a wedgie.

Edited by Infidel Dog

I may be wrong but I don’t trust Musk, everything he does ends up helping the deep state.  From electric cars to starlink, which was a big help to NATO and Ukraine.

Ever hear of Neuralink?  Putting a computer chip in a pig’s brain(how were they not arrested for animal cruelty?).  Saying that with neuralink, humans will be able to stream music directly to their brains?  That’s the stuff of Frankenstein, and a new way to control humans, just what the deep state is into…

Now he wants Twitter?  He could well end up exchanging one form of censorship for another.  

• Haha 1