Jump to content

City TV " News " Goes Full Woke w Fake News Story


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It was referenced all over the media, there just weren't pictures of it. 

There was one guy with a flag near the Chateau Laurier. That was certainly referenced all over the media. I have not seen or heard of any more. There was probably a confederate flag or two since for whatever odd reason that seemed to have become associated on the right with rebellion against the established order and states rights (or provincial here I suppose). 

Edited by I am Groot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Did they say that some had such flags?  That there were some flags?  There were a few flags?

 

Or that there were flags everywhere?

Here's a thing:

The PMOC said that the unvaxed are "very often racists and misogynists" and asked Canadians "if we should tolerate them" and by your own admission you couldn't even find evidence of it on the internet.  

How can our PM say something so egregious and the MSM basically ignored it?

I'm not sure if this link will take you right to it, it's on P8 halfway down.

Only 438 pages left to scroll through. I'll be back on tonight around 9 Pacific.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Here's a thing:

The PMOC said that the unvaxed are "very often racists and misogynists" and asked Canadians "if we should tolerate them" and by your own admission you couldn't even find evidence of it on the internet.  

How can our PM say something so egregious and the MSM basically ignored it?

I'm not sure if this link will take you right to it, it's on P8 halfway down.

Only 438 pages left to scroll through. I'll be back on tonight around 9 Pacific.

Listen, I wasn't looking for anything that the PM or PMO said.  I was looking at media reports.  You made the claim and it was specific.

If you want to back off and say instead that the PM indicated that the event was run by racists, I won't argue against that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Numerous news media outlets wrote their stories in such a way that Reasonable people would believe that the flags and symbols were everywhere. Just like CBC Published that the Convoy was funded by Americans who were all Republicans. There was a specific effort to direct hatred and anger at the Convoy.

 

Spreading hatred and division is something that left-wing media Outlets thrive on and they believe it will make them lots of money. I noticed that vice is closing its doors however and most of the media Outlets that leaned to the left are suffering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

1. Numerous news media outlets wrote their stories in such a way that Reasonable people would believe that the flags and symbols were everywhere.

2. Just like CBC Published that the Convoy was funded by Americans who were all Republicans. There was a specific effort to direct hatred and anger at the Convoy.

3. Spreading hatred and division is something that left-wing media Outlets thrive on and they believe it will make them lots of money. I noticed that vice is closing its doors however and most of the media Outlets that leaned to the left are suffering.

1. Perhaps.  But we'd need a cite and - AND - this is not what WCM has been saying.  But ok.
2. Likely reprinted leaked government talking points.  For sure THAT was BS.

Side discussion: People hate on me for supporting the status quo and institutional information but I don't always do so.  You want to find BS news ?  Find the news that disappears after awhile and nobody asked what happened:

- Americans paying for the convoy
- Putin has cancer
- Steele Dossier

It happens.
3. There really aren't any left-wing media outlets.  Was Vice left-wing ?  It was started by the guy who started the Proud Boys - Gavin McInnes.  You know that right ?  RIGHT ?

Edited by Michael Hardner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Perhaps.  But we'd need a cite and - AND - this is not what WCM has been saying.  But ok.

If you mean "we" as in the majority of people here, i don't think so. It's pretty common knowledge. Its like not having to cite that the sun came up in the east this morning.

If you mean 'we' as in the royal we as in YOU well you can go do your own research, sealioning is a bad look.

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Likely reprinted leaked government talking points.  For sure THAT was BS.

Yeah.  But i'm sure it got lots of clicks. Not that CBC is the only ones who do that kind of thing.

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:



Side discussion: People hate on me for supporting the status quo and institutional information but I don't always do so.  You want to find BS news ?  Find the news that disappears after awhile and nobody asked what happened:

- Americans paying for the convoy
- Putin has cancer
- Steele Dossier

It happens.

Oh sure it does. A lot. I would argue more than the truth happens in many respects :)

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:


3. There really aren't any left-wing media outlets.  Was Vice left-wing ?  It was started by the guy who started the Proud Boys - Gavin McInnes.  You know that right ?  RIGHT ?

Vice is a left wing media outlet :)  Well... was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Listen, I wasn't looking for anything that the PM or PMO said.  I was looking at media reports.  You made the claim and it was specific.

If you want to back off and say instead that the PM indicated that the event was run by racists, I won't argue against that.

I wasn't the one who told you about Trudeau calling half the country vile names. That was someone else.

You just said that you tried to find that on the internet and couldn't. 

If Trump asked Americans if they should tolerate a specific group it would be one of the most famous quotes since veni vidi vici. 

This is an aside to our main debate, and I will find a quote of your pretending that the Freedom Convoy was a racist mob. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Michael Hardner

This was you, again sealioning about the Trudeau quote or being unable to find it. 

Quote

Michael Hardner

  • Michael HardnerGrand Master
  • Senior Member
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
   On 1/26/2022 at 4:08 AM,  OftenWrong said: 

Like Mr. Trudeua says, they are not sending their best. They are sending racists and misogynists.

This is the second statement on here that Mr Trudeau has made such a claim. Last time I asked for a cite and did not get one, so do you have one?

Why were you:

1) sealioning or

2) unable to find proof that Trudeau actually said it or

3) lying?

Our PM said something absolutely vile and you were slithering for him like a maggot on a dead fish. 

Edited by WestCanMan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Michael Hardner

Here's you in that same thread pretending that our freedoms weren't eroding and then telling someone that they needed to wear a diaper:

Quote
  • Michael HardnerGrand Master
  • Senior Member
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
   On 1/26/2022 at 10:14 AM,  Zeitgeist said: 

What are you talking about?  Canadians have never been less free than they are now.  

I'd like to see some objective evidence backing such a thing... 

And 'left-' 'right-' is a different question than 'freedom' anyway.  How is the Canadian government selling off Air Canada related to our Freedom ?

Sorry to scramble your brains by using conventional thought and language.  I'd advise you wear a diaper for this discussion.

Don't worry, I'll find you calling the Freedom Convoy racists, there are just a few stops along the way apparently. I'm not sifting through 446 pages for nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CdnFox said:

1. If you mean "we" as in the majority of people here, i don't think so. It's pretty common knowledge. Its like not having to cite that the sun came up in the east this morning.

2. If you mean 'we' as in the royal we as in YOU well you can go do your own research, sealioning is a bad look.

3. Vice is a left wing media outlet :)  Well... was.

1.  Well I do because I'm dealing with people who make sloppy and non-specific general claims, then howl when I push back and simultaneously change the claims they are themselves defending.  Then they say I like Trudeau, so yeah I need a cite.  
2. That's not how it works.  Check the rules - you make a claim, then you have to back it up.  Maybe having to actually do some work will stop WestCan from making sloppy claims.
3. Started by a Proud Boy ?  Care to explain that ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. You just said that you tried to find that on the internet and couldn't. 

2. This is an aside to our main debate, and I will find a quote of your pretending that the Freedom Convoy was a racist mob. 

1. No - I was looking for the claim that the media said there were 'flags everywhere'.  Still haven't found it.
2. Yeah please do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

@Michael Hardner

This was you, again sealioning about the Trudeau quote or being unable to find it. 

Why were you:

1) sealioning or

2) unable to find proof that Trudeau actually said it or

3) lying?

Our PM said something absolutely vile and you were slithering for him like a maggot on a dead fish. 

1) Don't know what that is
2) Not my job to find a cite for someone else
3) Nope.

And you again make the mistake that me asking for a cite means I support Trudeau.  Eventually we got the quote - he indeed said (in French as I recall) that there were mysogynists and such leading the mob.  If I had heard it myself then I would NOT have asked for a cite.

Please continue to look for me making the statements you said I made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

@Michael Hardner

Here's you in that same thread pretending that our freedoms weren't eroding and then telling someone that they needed to wear a diaper:

Don't worry, I'll find you calling the Freedom Convoy racists, there are just a few stops along the way apparently. I'm not sifting through 446 pages for nothing. 

Yes and I stand by a claim that we have 'never been less free' as needing a cite as it's a pretty broad claim.

Again - you find me calling the CONVOY racists, and not Pat King (the racist f***) a racist then I will gladly apologize in full regalia.  Another thing that people don't understand about me is that I greatly enjoy being wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. No - I was looking for the claim that the media said there were 'flags everywhere'.  Still haven't found it.
2. Yeah please do.

1) I will find your posts claiming that the Freedom Convoy was a racist shit-storm

2) it's a long thread and I'm just at the point where you were backing all of CBC's claims that the convoy wasn't very big.

3) That's after you already pretended that you couldn't find Trudeau's hate speech quote, or maybe you actually couldn't because the MSM ignored it

4) It's also after you said that our freedoms weren't eroding. Man, did that one ever blow up in your face. 

It's normal for you to go from being wrong to being wrong on every topic, but this thread really aged badly for you and I'm only on about P25.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  Well I do because I'm dealing with people who make sloppy and non-specific general claims, then howl when I push back and simultaneously change the claims they are themselves defending.  Then they say I like Trudeau, so yeah I need a cite.  

If you're blaming others because of your own inability to do basic simple research then you don't need a cite - you need a cookie and a nap. Please - be a grown up about it and do your own research.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:


2. That's not how it works.  Check the rules - you make a claim, then you have to back it up.  Maybe having to actually do some work will stop WestCan from making sloppy claims.

Nope. Those were the old rules. Then lefies started demanding cites for every single thing - only to then say no mattter what the source was that there was a problem with it, and then demand more and more and more. IT's dishonest.

It's called sealioning. And as a result we have new rules - if you wish to disprove a point then you need to do the research and post proof otherwise.

IT IS YOUR JOB TO DISPROVE SOMETHING YOU DISAGREE WITH. Those are the rules. Sealions aren't welcome. Those who sealion are simply liars and dishonest players . Do your own homework. You might learn something.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:


3. Started by a Proud Boy ?  Care to explain that ?  

Nothing to explain. Vice became a left wing publication over time and has been for some time - and now it died.

Get woke go broke.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) That's after you already pretended that you couldn't find Trudeau's hate speech quote, or maybe you actually couldn't because the MSM ignored it

2) It's also after you said that our freedoms weren't eroding. Man, did that one ever blow up in your face. 

3) It's normal for you to go from being wrong to being wrong on every topic, but this thread really aged badly for you and I'm only on about P25.  

1) Hey buddy... if you want me to stick around for your victory march, after you find my quote, please don't repeat claims that I have already addressed above
2) More sloppy work by you.  I did NOT say anything about whether our freedoms were eroding.  Are you starting to figure it out yet ?
3) I'm not seeing it.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. That's not how it works.  Check the rules - you make a claim, then you have to back it up.

 

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Nope. Those were the old rules.

So you're not responsible for producing evidence that the positive claimant is no longer responsible for producing evidence?

How convenient is that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) Don't know what that is
2) Not my job to find a cite for someone else
3) Nope.

And you again make the mistake that me asking for a cite means I support Trudeau.  Eventually we got the quote - he indeed said (in French as I recall) that there were mysogynists and such leading the mob.  If I had heard it myself then I would NOT have asked for a cite.

Please continue to look for me making the statements you said I made.

1) It's when you dodge a topic by insisting on people providing endless cites to prove things that you should already know are true.

2) It's your job to be up to speed on a topic that you're chiming in on, especially when you're being insulting, and telling them that they should be wearing diapers. 

3) I said that you stated that you couldn't find Trudeau's hate speech, and I provided a quote of you saying that exact thing, 100.0%.

And honestly, it begs the question: "why was an internet-capable person as yourself unable to find evidence that our PM was on TV in our country hate-mongering a massive group of people for no reason?" 

Some possible answers are:

1) Media covering his arse

2) You lying

3) You sealioning. 

Get it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) It's when you dodge a topic by insisting on people providing endless cites to prove things that you should already know are true.

2) It's your job to be up to speed on a topic that you're chiming in on, especially when you're being insulting, and telling them that they should be wearing diapers. 

3) I said that you stated that you couldn't find Trudeau's hate speech, and I provided a quote of you saying that exact thing, 100.0%.

4_ And honestly, it begs the question: "why was an internet-capable person as yourself unable to find evidence that our PM was on TV in our country hate-mongering a massive group of people for no reason?" 

 

1) No... I'm endlessly asking for ONE cite.  I eventually got one on Trudeau... no lies on my part and I addressed it ok ?  I got a cite that backed up the quote.
2) Some people should be wearing diapers based on their posting behaviour.  If you call me a liar for asking for a cite, if you claim that me asking for a cite is the same as saying your quote is untrue then yes you should download the Pampers Club app and start earning rewards.  https://www.pampers.ca/en-ca/rewards
3) Ok - you didn't put a link to the exact post.  Since this is about MY posts, I looked and I did say "Googled.  Did not find." Maybe I don't get French results in my English Google ? Don't know.  Anyway, yes it appears I tried to help someone assess their claim for them, looked for support and didn't find it.  I don't remember doing that, and if you are ungenerous maybe you will think I am/was lying but I wasn't.
 4) It was in French ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

 

So you're not responsible for producing evidence that the positive claimant is no longer responsible for producing evidence?

How convenient is that?

WAY more convenient than looking up tonnes of information for lazy people who are just being bad actors :)

It's actually a more practical system.  And people who are being honest can work within it just fine - if something is obscure or hard to find you put it up yourself, or if asked you go fetch it. I do that here pretty regular, but i'm not looking up a quote that EVERYONE has seen from justin trudeau that requires no google skill to find for someone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK @WestCanMan  on Jan 26th, five days later, Oftenwrong finally provided a cite - the one you didn't provide.  

My reaction was as such:

 

Quote

 

Ok full points for you for providing this - but let's also clarify he hasn't said that about the Convoy people which is a specific protest about a specific policy.

But shame on him for using the type of logic I decry on here ... translation "The antivax people are often... mysogynist, racist"   Mr. Trudeau does not address people who have specific complaints and legitimate ones also

First paragraph - quibble about whether the French quote *exactly* supports the claim.

Second paragraph, condemnation of Trudeau's comments.

------

High level - you and I do NOT trust each other.  This is why I ask for cites, and why when I make mistakes you attribute it to my lying.

I am working towards making peace here.  It is possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...