Trucker's Convoy

West

28 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

lol supporting someone like ron desantis dear god.  he's almost as bad as trump

No, many so-called Liberals or NDPers are lost trying to look ultra inclusive or equitable or some other woke notion, but no one is ever woke enough so you all accuse each other and stand accused of racism, colonialism, misogyny or something else retrograde. It’s pretty much universal hate.  That’s why the traditional left wing parties are all putting each other and wider society on the gallows in cancel culture.  It’s insane and I don’t have time for it.  It’s not even liberal-democrat.  It’s just fascist.

The Republicans are the true progressives because they affirm equal opportunity for all without reference to race. No one stands accused of being inadequate based on superficial markers.  It’s about character.  Liberals and NDP just want to enslave everyone and accuse them of being counter-revolutionary.  It’s gross.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

NDP & Liberal 'other' fellow Canadians...much to the chagrin of the truckers who tended to vote NDP out west. Past tense, I'd imagine.

Yeah the NDP are really bad because they actually pretend to be for workers as they blatantly disregard workers’ wishes and needs.  Fake empathy.  They’re really self-interested elitists like the Liberals, and similarly sadistic.  

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah the NDP are really bad because they actually pretend to be for workers as they blatantly disregard workers’ wishes and needs.  Fake empathy.  They’re really self-interested elitists like the Liberals, and similarly sadistic.  

The NDP used to be but something changed

I supported Trudeau till around 2017 when his true colors started to show

I'll stand by my points that the Republicans don't really get social issues correct either. The proposal to go back to how things were 10-20 years ago isn't really an ideal path forward. Granted the right-wing backlash won't be as extreme in Canada but I do see it happening. Things like denying trans kids meds or outing LGBT kids to their parents to be disowned are as cruel as woke cancel culture. They play on ignorance just as much.

6 hours ago, Nexii said:

The NDP used to be but something changed

I supported Trudeau till around 2017 when his true colors started to show

I'll stand by my points that the Republicans don't really get social issues correct either. The proposal to go back to how things were 10-20 years ago isn't really an ideal path forward. Granted the right-wing backlash won't be as extreme in Canada but I do see it happening. Things like denying trans kids meds or outing LGBT kids to their parents to be disowned are as cruel as woke cancel culture. They play on ignorance just as much.

There may be a bit of that.  I certainly don’t think just Republicans have all the answers and there are reasonable people across parties.  I don’t see a major right wing backlash nor an attempt to strip away rights.  I actually think that the biggest concern now is protecting human freedom, which encompasses all constitutionally protected rights, and on that most fundamental issue, the Republicans are correct.

Edited by Zeitgeist

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I find it interesting that the US truckers are completely missing from US MSM. 

Yes but the public will tire of the Ukraine crisis because most people watch war on television like they’re watching Star Wars.  Putin is already having to set terms for ending the attack in order to avoid Russia becoming a pariah state.   People will continue to question why it’s possible for Putin to get away with this, in the same way they’re questioning how the government of a free country can apply vaccine mandates to truckers.  Those questions remain even as people change the channel from Ukraine — and the convoy is heading to Washington.  Protests are reappearing in Canada too.

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 2/25/2022 at 9:46 PM, Zeitgeist said:

And we still have no plan from Trudeau for the removal of vaccine mandates.  Why?  There’s no good reason and he won’t bother to explain himself.  People are so upset. How this government is permitted to persist in its tyranny is unfathomable.

This video interview touches on the importance of having many different advisors during a pandemic, so that the cure isn't worse than the problem.

It's exactly what Lt Col. Redman was talking about - pandemic response needs to take all aspects and sectors of society into account.  Instead we had Tam running the running the show and she didn't care about the economics or societal issues of the restrictions she implemented.  And she still hasn't revealed any of the "science" she was following.

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Can you really say its "unintended" when you deliberately charge horses through a crowd of peaceful protesters? 

not even if you accidentally do it

fundamental Charter rights cannot be abridged by law

so it's a crime either way

Intentional : attempted murder

unintentional : criminal negligence

pretty sure that cop knows he is in a lot of trouble

there is no law which gives him immunity for that

the Emergencies Act doesn't

but the Emergencies Act wasn't even passed at the time

when this gets to judicial review in the end

he is probably facing a triple threat

charges under the Police Act, charges under the Criminal Code

and getting sued into the poor house by the victim, personal injury

and one cannot declare bankruptcy protection from the penalties of a personal injury lawsuit

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes but the public will tire of the Ukraine crisis because most people watch war on television like they’re watching Star Wars.  Putin is already having to set terms for ending the attack in order to avoid Russia becoming a pariah state.   People will continue to question why it’s possible for Putin to get away with this, in the same way they’re questioning how the government of a free country can apply vaccine mandates to truckers.  Those questions remain even as people change the channel from Ukraine — and the convoy is heading to Washington.  Protests are reappearing in Canada too.

For a war...not much footage coming out. And it's not for lack of cameras. Rumor is that Russia has limited resources so all the big ordinance got used first. Now it's house to house with tank support for some where there is fighting.

Day one...all sorts of action shots. Tanks running over cars...that sort of thing. Citizen journalism. MSM just showed same thing over & over...same bomb...same jet...same helicopter shot. Your experience may have differed. Now it's endless human interest...Wladimir Klitschko heads to the front! That sort of thing. Perhaps it will loosen up...

Truckers...yeah...lots of them in the US group. Many convoys meeting at designated areas. They want border restrictions lifted as well as all their remaining mandates, etc. Less likely to be intimidated by thuggish riot cops violating their rights. The ace-up-sleeve National Guard might not even stop them...etc. 

https://rumble.com/vvs9n8-usa-trucker-convoy-leader-has-a-message-for-biden.html

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The only state not dropping mask mandates is Hawaii. Looking forward to seeing all those truckers and their trucks in Honolulu.

It's not mask mandates or getting the vaccine or Jenny McCarthy. It's about restoring rights rather than descending into de facto tyranny like Canada.

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I would agree that it is all interalated

the collapse of the West has brought NATO down with it

with a paper tiger NATO no longer deterring them

a Crazy Ivan Klepto Kremlin has gone off the deep end

the part where I diverge tho

is the idea that Putin is still in control

and that he can halt this somehow

because UkraiNATO is not just sitting still if Russia retreats

Ukraine is fully mobilized for total war

if Russia starts to retreat, Ukraine goes on the attack

to include taking Crimea back

so I would submit, the Rubicon is crossed