Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

the attack has already gone down

they launched attack while Parliament was suspended, very deliberately

That would make sense if the vote today was against the use of the act. Let's see if your theory holds weight once the votes are counted.

Just now, BubberMiley said:

That would make sense if the vote today was against the use of the act. Let's see if your theory holds weight once the votes are counted.

doesn't matter, the law requires all that to happen before the Mounties are sent in

the crime is already committed, simply by acting without the mandate of Parliament

what they would have voted for is neither here nor there, the process itself was bypassed unlawfully

29 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You would believe anything so long as it is delivered in a Facebook meme.

I’m not going to have a contest with you over the amount of reading I’ve done, my academic background, or my other work.  Think what you want.  I know enough about history and politics to see what’s underway and the profound risk to Canadian sovereignty and democracy.  

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m not going to have a contest with you over the amount of reading I’ve done, my academic background, or my other work.  Think what you want.  I know enough about history and politics to see what’s underway and the profound risk to Canadian sovereignty and democracy.  

this is why I stayed on this forum

to try to activate all that, to alert you to the danger

although what good that does us now is beyond me

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

doesn't matter, the law requires all that to happen before the Mounties are sent in

the crime is already committed, simply by acting without the mandate of Parliament

Uh ..no. The government has the authority to use the act. The debate today in the House is just to confirm the democratic will to do so. 

But calling for violent insurrection is a crime. Even for anonymous halfwits on an obscure internet forum.

32 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

A woman was trampled and it appears she broke her clavicle.  It doesn’t matter.  There are now countless images of protesters being hit or beaten up, even removed from the scene so violence could be done on them.  Thankfully even some of this was caught on camera.  I don’t blame most of the police for this, but yes and no, because if these police chose to come to Ottawa then they own responsibility.  Again, all of what’s happening is in a context of so called emergency.  Much coercion is at play.  Many people are dupes in this.  I consider you a bit of a sucker in this too.  Don’t worry, you’re not alone and we’ve all been at least somewhat blind to reality.  

Just now, BubberMiley said:

Uh...you know we can still read your earlier posts, don't you?

Sounds like your neighbourly Stalinist informant snitch.  Yes the cowards are revealing themselves.  Be careful what you enable because it can really hurt everyone.  Dougie is an honest Canadian soldier. I’d trust him.  

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Looking back at this sad protest, I still maintain that it was intended to unseat Trudeau

I don't deny that

since it is entirely lawful & constitutional

the mechanism in Canada is to protest until the MP's vote Trudeau down

that is how a liberal democracy works in a supposed "Western free country"

25 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Today is Freedom Day for the people of Ottawa.

Enjoy the fenced capital full of police.  The bouncy castles, music, camaraderie, dancing, unity, and hope have been replaced by the tense atmosphere of a police state.

But yes, the horns were a nuisance.   I mean the injunction curtailed them, but why not impose martial law anyway, beat up some peaceful protesters, and hassle citizens and shopkeepers?

The dejected protesters and the truckers who took great personal risk and paid great expense to push back against oppressive policies can return home dejected.

Still no promise from government for the removal of vaccine mandates.  Martial law is still in place though the blockades are gone and Ottawa is emptied of protesters.  You won, right?

Edited by Zeitgeist

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

bear in mind that I am a devout Christian

I will not use any violence at all

but I will continue to resist tyranny by non violent means

until they kill me at least

It’s all about defending the vulnerable, standing up for constitutional rights, protecting Canadians.  We need to look at the policies government has imposed and really ask who they’re serving.  I’d like to think our elected officials are thinking about all Canadians and not just self-preservation, right Trudeau and NDP?