Trucker's Convoy

West

3 minutes ago, myata said:

Here's what Sweden's like. No mask mandates. No vaccine mandates. No lockdowns.  

What if the nature is trying to tell us something?

image.png

Sweden has a little more than a third the population of Canada but had about half the number of deaths of Canada (15,885 deaths in Sweden).  Likely because they did not take the health measures they should have taken.  They probably could have saved thousands of lives if they had acted responsibly.

We are not at the final line yet, and what if takes years or decades to get there. I get it some in Canada are prepared to stop living - and make, mandate you too for the sake of a holy Number. For years and decades. For as long as necessary.

Yes this is a clear possibility now. Something to ponder about, sure.

46 minutes ago, Shady said:

I already addressed that.

You just said we should have lockdowns early in the pandemic and then to abandon them at the first sign of success, because then they are obviously unnecessary. Then I asked why have them at all? Then you said you addressed that by saying we should have them early.

10 minutes ago, myata said:

Just life. If this goes for a decade what value would you put on ten years of not living? Now at two.

Yeah I don’t think wearing masks and closing down periodically will make much difference to case rates for our heavily vaccinated population.  End mandates and restrictions.  Take extra care if you’re vulnerable.  We’ll see periodic rises and falls in the case rates. We need to stop living under a cloud of fear, restrictions, and digital passports. Freedom has important value to our short lives.

The people at the top who are setting all these policies don’t have to worry about managing them on the frontlines.  They’re insulated by wealth and privilege. They can afford paying for endless testing for travel. They have space in their expensive homes if we lock down.  They don’t care about the challenges and concerns of the unvaccinated or their Charter-protected rights. Right now Canada is a totalitarian country run by elitists.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

There is a report that more protesters are on their way to Ottawa from foreign sources, the U.S. specifically. They also have money flowing in reportedly.  This means these illegal blockades are being supported and an occupation is partly coming from Canada and the U.S.  This is now a national security threat.

The Ottawa police do not want to do anything because they say they don't want anyone to get hurt.  In the meantime, the situation could get far worse while they sit on their hands.

Edited by blackbird

40 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Sweden has a little more than a third the population of Canada but had about half the number of deaths of Canada (15,885 deaths in Sweden).  Likely because they did not take the health measures that Canada took.  They probably could have saved thousands of lives if they had acted responsibly.

Oh noes.  The sky is falling!  

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Sweden had 15,855 Covid death.  Canada had 34,033 Covid deaths. 

The population of Sweden is 10,416,585.  The population of Canada is about 38 million.

Making apples to oranges comparisons is stupid and dishonest.  For instance we should be mad at Canada for coming nowhere near the success of Australia.  There are so many variables we don't know of or understand.  Yes, we could have been total goose steppers in Canada and saved a couple more thousand.  So what.  We balance freedom with public health issues.  People die every day.  

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

There is a report that more protesters are on their way to Ottawa from foreign sources, the U.S. specifically. They also have money flowing in reportedly.  This means these illegal blockades are being supported and an occupation is partly coming from Canada and the U.S.  This is now a national security threat.

The Ottawa police do not want to do anything because they say they don't want anyone to get hurt.  In the meantime, the situation could get far worse while they sit on their hands.

But you have no problem with US organizations like the Sierra Club interfering in Canadian political issues?

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Hate to disappoint you but I don't support the Sierra Club interfering in Canada either.  How old are you?  You don't know anything about me.

Good for you.  I'm old let's just say.  Interested in where you come from.  I have never understood Christians who are on the left side of the spectrum. 

38 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Good for you.  I'm old let's just say.  Interested in where you come from.  I have never understood Christians who are on the left side of the spectrum. 

You don't know me.  I was born in Canada.  I have been a social conservative for at least 30 years and would be on the right side of the spectrum.  I am definitely not on the left side.  Ironically it seems the left political parties are more concerned with protecting people from Covid than the conservatives.  I am older with health issues.  So I of course support the vaccinations and health restrictions.  If you are older, you should be supporting the health restrictions and vaccine mandates which are there to save your life.  People who oppose the restrictions are generally younger, selfish people, who couldn't care less about other people.  They are only looking out for number one and want the bars, pubs, gyms, etc. to be open and don't want any mandates or restrictions or be forced to taken the trivial jab of vaccine in their arm because they are basically still babies in that sense.  They heard some misinformation about the vaccine and it scared them stiff.  They never grew up.

Edited by blackbird

49 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You don't know me.  I was born in Canada.  I have been a social conservative for at least 30 years and would be on the right side of the spectrum.  I am definitely not on the left side.  Ironically it seems the left political parties are more concerned with protecting people from Covid than the conservatives.  I am older with health issues.  So I of course support the vaccinations and health restrictions.  If you are older, you should be supporting the health restrictions and vaccine mandates which are there to save your life.  People who oppose the restrictions are generally younger, selfish people, who couldn't care less about other people.  They are only looking out for number one and want the bars, pubs, gyms, etc. to be open and don't want any mandates or restrictions or be forced to taken the trivial jab of vaccine in their arm because they are basically still babies in that sense.  They heard some misinformation about the vaccine and it scared them stiff.  They never grew up.

You don’t appreciate the sacrifices young people made for two years mostly to keep people like you safe.  For a while, until we got vaccines and better treatments, and when the forms of Covid were more serious, it made sense to make at least some of these sacrifices, perhaps most of them.  Now that you have so many ways to protect yourself and 90% of adults have complied with the vaccination program, you don’t get to monopolize the future of all young people.  They want the same normal freedoms that you had for most of your life.  Who’s being selfish here?

Be reasonable.  There are Kindergarten kids who have spent half of their lives in masks.  My daughter is in her graduation year.  Her last two years of high school were a complete write-off.  People are depressed and lack hope. Businesses have disappeared or are barely hanging on. We can’t continue living like this.  It’s a flagrant violation of our Charter of Rights and Freedoms and we’re becoming resigned to a substandard way of life.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You don’t appreciate the sacrifices young people made for two years mostly to keep people like you safe.  For a while, until we got vaccines and better treatments, and when the forms of Covid were more serious, it made sense to make at least some of these sacrifices, perhaps most of them.  Now that you have so many ways to protect yourself and 90% of adults have complied with the vaccination program, you don’t get to monopolize the future of all young people.  They want the same normal freedoms that you had for most of your life.  Who’s being selfish here?

Be reasonable.  There are Kindergarten kids who have spent half of their lives in masks.  My daughter is in her graduation year.  Her last two years of high school were a complete write-off.  People are depressed and lack hope. Businesses have disappeared or are barely hanging on. We can’t continue living like this.  It’s a flagrant violation of our Charter of Rights and Freedoms and we’re becoming resigned to a substandard way of life.  

Don't forget I didn't cause the Corona Virus to come here.  Also don't forget it has had serious consequences for younger people at times.  Although it affects older people more seriously when they catch it, it still runs through society and affects people in all walks of life and many working people.  You can't believe it is just restricted to older people.  It is far worse than that.  I understand it has been hard for kids to wear masks.  But they had to because they take it home to their parents and grandparent.  Governments are in fact now easing restrictions on businesses.  Passports have actually made it easier for people because they feel more comfortable going into restaurants and on aircraft to fly.  But these restrictions will be lifted in future if Covid becomes less of a threat.  I also understand people are depressed.  We are affected that way too .  We can't visit relatives except from out in the yard in the warmer weather.  Can't go to a lot of places we would like to go.  I hope the virus becomes less of a threat sooner rather than later, but I am not holding my breath.  The only way out of this that I know of is if more people get vaccinated and the number of people in hospital drops significantly.