Woke Media Purity Spirals Alienating Journalists Who Don't Want To Push Their Radical Agenda

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Wokism is an idea. 

This is a l.. misrepresentation. It's a dogmatic ideology that thinks nothing of using instruments of power and influence to promote itself to the society while ignoring, diverting attention and shutting down any opposing views. In its developed form wokism will become authoritarianism as it has no respect and need for fairness, objectivity, balance and impartiality.

The "woke" are indeed a huge pain in the democracy.

They scream and burn things down and attack anyone who is not perceived as towing their line. They will destroy a person completely without even thinking about the damage they do. They are indeed, deplorable people.

But IMO, what's even more deplorable are these faux conservatives who haunt chat boards like this one, attempting to appear like a voice of reason while fully supporting the authoritarian woke agenda. Such shills need to be identified, and treated as the spinless lairs they really are.!

• Like 2

And it did not take long at all, as demonstrated by another topic (Trudeau), if uncalled and unchecked wokism will make stronger and bolder claims on an unquestionable monopoly to "good" and "truth" all the way to scary and dangerous reminiscences of the past we thought and hoped to have left behind.

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The fastest way to destroy people’s reputations and careers is to paint them as racist and/or misogynist.

Stands to reason conservatives would know what they're talking about.  They've spent decades honing the practice of cancelling people by labelling them as communists.  That never gets old does it?

Edited by eyeball
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

fuck the cancellers, regardless of political affiliation

I couldn't agree more.

How does that scan anyway - a lefty agreeing with this?  I get an image of conservatives around here twitching in emotional and cognitive dissonance, default memes and sub-routine impressions attempting to reassert themselves - emergency lights and data streams flowing down your field of view like a terminator's who just took a grenade to the head.    

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Here's the thing.  I have looked into every case that is submitted as an example of 'wokism gone amok' and 80% of them are trumped-up nothings.

The PM plays hooky on Reconcilation Day and plays in Blackface and wins elections anyway.

I doubt you could express liberal views in a trading room or a construction site very easily... let's stop clutching our pearls here.

This is a start to agree that wokism does exist, so what is the definition of wokism, so the below definitions do not discribe what is going on today or here in Canada. Nor does it explain the dangers behind it.

-Such as critical race being taught in Canadian class rooms.

Two examples illustrate. Canadian employment union has tabled their version of a bid for social equality. Because employees are black, they are to enjoy two extra days off beyond what is allotted to white employees.

-In a separate case, a school board in Ontario  recently implemented “weighted voting” — a situation where non-white members’ votes count for more than their white colleagues.

-Recruiting specific groups, races or cultures over others. and not by qualifications, just to make a company more diverse looking. 

- promoting specific groups , races or cultures over others with the same performance, but right color, race or gender.

- infinite amount of genders entrenched in law. 

In 2017, the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) added the term ‘woke’ (Picture: Getty)

The OED defines it as ‘originally: well-informed, up-to-date. Now chiefly: alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice’.

While Urban Dictionary defines it as ‘being woke means being aware… knowing what’s going on in the community (related to racism and social injustice)’.

It is an agenda of “payback.” The woke warriors are out for vengeance. On this basis, wouldn’t it be sweet if those nasty oppressors of Canada’s First Nations communities got a taste of their own medicine? Makes not a speck of difference that the present-day community is in no way responsible.

And your right the PM's actions are not from being woke but rather just him being as asshole, and a lair. 

As for clutching pearls, I'm sure you could discuss hard core leftist ideals in most of BC, Toronto, Montreal, most of Atlantic Canada, in a LGBTQ meeting, any environmentalist meeting, in fact in most of Canada you can hear or talk about most ideas left or right. 

The problem is now what this wokism has now morphed into, and why is it taking a foothold. Perhaps we are all afraid of getting canceled because of the power they hold.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

1. As for clutching pearls, I'm sure you could discuss hard core leftist ideals in most of BC, Toronto, Montreal, most of Atlantic Canada, in a LGBTQ meeting, any environmentalist meeting, in fact in most of Canada you can hear or talk about most ideas left or right. 

2. The problem is now what this wokism has now morphed into, and why is it taking a foothold. Perhaps we are all afraid of getting canceled because of the power they hold.

1. To you, everything is hard-core leftist so ... no ... I'm not going to discuss it with you as its a waste of time.  What the actual 'left' has always cared about is the distribution of power between classes so ... yes ... I'm going to label a few days of paid leave for employees to deal with racism or internal union voting systems as clutching of pearls.  

2. Maybe you are afraid of getting cancelled.  I don't choose to live in fear.

These articles from The Sun and True North are playing on your paranoia for clicks.

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The "woke" are indeed a huge pain in the democracy.

The woke are a diversion from more urging problems such as wealth inequality, healthcare and pensions reforms which are the true problems in our Western systems. Do not get caught up too much with them.

Banks are corporations are paying the woke movements, big time. You have 'protests' that are funded by TD Bank and RBC nowadays, and even activist groups are being funded by these magnates.

They are perfect to disseminate discord across society and making unification of the working class impossible.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

1. The woke are a diversion from more urging problems such as wealth inequality, healthcare and pensions reforms which are the true problems in our Western systems. Do not get caught up too much with them.

2. Banks are corporations are paying the woke movements, big time. You have 'protests' that are funded by TD Bank and RBC nowadays, and even activist groups are being funded by these magnates.

3. They are perfect to disseminate discord across society and making unification of the working class impossible.

1. This is hugely accurate to me.  The impact of these issues is as a fly landing on a piece of paper somewhere - inconsequential.  Versus problems like our real estate bomb that will devastate the economy when it explodes.

2. The key is the funding... it costs almost nothing to fund a protest or to make a 'woke' commercial.  Most of us are considerate enough to accept progress as it is, but the new politics means that these things must be fought tooth and nail.

3.  Another interesting take.  I do find the hard-left anti-woke angle beguiling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

3.  Another interesting take.  I do find the hard-left anti-woke angle beguiling.

I'll go further in saying that the Banks now have a Left they may contend with.

The banks and corporations are happy and they may proclaim;

'Look, we're so progressives! We're enriching our cronies, but we have a purple haired lady in the HR department!'

And the 'Rightists' fall in their trap to just push back against the 'Wokes', so the Righists deflect their goal from deregulating the economy, and the what-so-called-Leftists are castrated as they not push an economically leftist agenda. 

To the detriment of everyone.

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

1. I'll go further in saying that the Banks now have a Left they may contend with.

2. And the 'Rightists' fall in their trap to just push back against the 'Wokes', so the Righists deflect their goal from deregulating the economy, and the what-so-called-Leftists are castrated as they not push an economically leftist agenda. 

To the detriment of everyone.

1. Oh for sure.... "Wait... you are telling us that all we have to do is pay for a Pride Parade float and you will give up trying to reverse the trend of accumulated wealth and power ???"

2. The game can't be played forever tho.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The woke are a diversion from more urging problems such as wealth inequality, healthcare and pensions reforms which are the true problems in our Western systems. Do not get caught up too much with them.

Banks are corporations are paying the woke movements, big time. You have 'protests' that are funded by TD Bank and RBC nowadays, and even activist groups are being funded by these magnates.

They are perfect to disseminate discord across society and making unification of the working class impossible.

And what would you propose to do about wealth inequality?

34 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The woke are a diversion from more urging problems

These diversions can be dangerous if and when they acquire life and momentum of their own. History has examples of that too.

Maybe there will be no concentration camps though who's giving guarantees? But imagine a world where one's entire life can be upset and cancelled for a single statement going against the ruling dogma. Is it so hard to imagine, already?

Edited by myata

17 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

In Canada, three solutions;

Breaking-up the telecom monopolies.

Bolstering our education system by a lot, making school mandatory until 21 unless you have a full time job or are in training for a manual job.

No income tax before $30 000.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Revamp public service entirely. Make it lean, efficient, agile and adaptable. And yes, open.

Facilitate creation of a new sector, cooperative economy. Make education free for lifetime or nominal plus reconfiguration for quality, efficiency and flexibility. A good topic for a separate discussion.

Edited by myata

23 minutes ago, myata said:

Maybe there will be no concentration camps though who's giving guarantees? But imagine a world where one's entire life can be upset and cancelled for a single statement going against the ruling dogma. Is it so hard to imagine, already?

Imagine a society where you can go to prison because you smoked pot.

That was us a few years back. I just order my pot by mail now.

Imagine a society where loving a person the same sex as you is going to put you out of job and may be threatening to admit to even your own family.

That was still us a few years back.

There will always be 'cancellers'. We have to watch them carefully. I agree with you that the 'Wokes' are like that and we must watch them. But I'm afraid too of the 'cancellers' from the Right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

But I'm afraid too of the 'cancellers' from the Right.

Absolutely, any interference with individual freedoms on purely ideological grounds is wrong and dangerous. Persecuting gays is no better or worse than that of unvaccinated, the same of course applies to abortion etc. Understanding that we can form a basis, platform for a society that is based on freedom and reason. Otherwise we can be arguing forever whose wokism is the correct one to cancel everything else. In the old times it was about gods. Guess it's hard for us finding peace, that "live and let live" place.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

In Canada, three solutions;

Breaking-up the telecom monopolies.

Bolstering our education system by a lot, making school mandatory until 21 unless you have a full time job or are in training for a manual job.

No income tax before $30 000.

Breaking up the telecoms? Hmmm. Uphill battle. 

12 minutes ago, myata said:

Revamp public service entirely. Make it lean, efficient, agile and adaptable. And yes, open.

Facilitate creation of a new sector, cooperative economy. Make education free for lifetime or nominal plus reconfiguration for quality, efficiency and flexibility. A good topic for a separate discussion.

Indeed. Do it.

12 minutes ago, myata said:

Absolutely, any interference with individual freedoms on purely ideological grounds is wrong and dangerous. Persecuting gays is no better or worse than that of unvaccinated, the same of course applies to abortion etc. Understanding that we can form a basis, platform for a society that is based on freedom and reason. Otherwise we can be arguing forever whose wokism is the correct one to cancel everything else. In the old times it was about gods. Guess it's hard for us finding peace, that "live and let live" place.

Live and let live is the ultimate tolerance, and ultimate peace. And this is also the unification of the working class. To meditate...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Redistribute power.

Simply outlawing in-camera lobbying of public officials would do much of the trick. 

I would promote Canadian innovation and manufacturing and I would put tariffs on imports so that Canadian business can compete and flourish.