Woke Media Purity Spirals Alienating Journalists Who Don't Want To Push Their Radical Agenda

43 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

In Canada, three solutions;

Breaking-up the telecom monopolies.

Bolstering our education system by a lot, making school mandatory until 21 unless you have a full time job or are in training for a manual job.

No income tax before $30 000.

Interesting again.

$30K probably doesn't pay income tax now... That's the minimum wage.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. To you, everything is hard-core leftist so ... no ... I'm not going to discuss it with you as its a waste of time.  What the actual 'left' has always cared about is the distribution of power between classes so ... yes ... I'm going to label a few days of paid leave for employees to deal with racism or internal union voting systems as clutching of pearls.  

2. Maybe you are afraid of getting cancelled.  I don't choose to live in fear.

These articles from The Sun and True North are playing on your paranoia for clicks.

1. Having another bad night Michael... panties jammed up your ass, i mean since we are making assumptions i thought i'd get in on it........ and yet here you are taking your valuable time addressing the very problem you said you would not discuss because it was a waste of time. I appreciate the effort though.

I guess an example of that would be the last election Justin called to see if he could gain a majority government,   he was really concerned about power distribution. i get it wrong power distribution.... sort of , And to say the actual left what ever in the F8888 that is suppose to mean are the "only" Canadians concerned with distribution of power, equal rights and racism is just bullshit...

This entire woke thing is not about a fair distribution of power,it may have started off that way, but today it is changed now  it is about revenge for something terrible done in the past something i might add was done by both the left and the right. ya step up and own that , instead of pointing fingers  or even suggesting the left thinking are the only righteous Canadians....  And somehow we are being made to atone for our past, so a few white people who feel guilty about themselves can sleep good at night....you can place yourself upon that cross , but not me...I'm good. I'm concerned about the now and today...not yesterday or back in the day.

Had this been written any other way, if you where white you get 2 additional days off, or any other race, religion, or creed opinions do not hold as much weight as white ones do, there would be blood in the streets, lots of it...I'm sure you might have changed your opinion ahh this is just a passing fad it won't last long.  

2. Having ones life time work destroyed in a couple social media posts, those accusations that may or most likely are not true and for no good reason other than i disagreed with you.... is a point of concern for me, and many others, no one should have that power, and yet we have major companies bending over backwards to accommodate this entire fad of being woke..  Look at the general that was in charge of the vaccine logistics, brought down by a 35 year old accusation that can not be collaborated in any way...fired from his job, relieved of his position, he is now fighting for what is left of his career.... Canceled no way back , and no body gives a shit...it will pass ...

Try again Michael, this stories are being carried by both left and right papers or media companies... and there are alot more of them out there.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The woke are a diversion from more urging problems such as wealth inequality, healthcare and pensions reforms which are the true problems in our Western systems. Do not get caught up too much with them.

Banks are corporations are paying the woke movements, big time. You have 'protests' that are funded by TD Bank and RBC nowadays, and even activist groups are being funded by these magnates.

They are perfect to disseminate discord across society and making unification of the working class impossible.

the woke are out to make all the problems you mention worse

and they have the institutional power to do it

they are the primary threat to exacerbating all these issues

so not focusing on them, even based on your own criteria, is deeply unwise

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 1/10/2022 at 6:26 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Wokism is an idea.  You can counter it with other ideas or play it up to be the worst plague on the history of mankind ever.

The playing-it-up stuff is what we're seeing more than the former.  

Just like "the war on Christmas" and "gay marriage is the downfall of our society"... this bogeyman too will pass soon enough...

Actually the liberals are leading a charge with their war on Christianity.  Latest bomb was passing a law against any gay or LGBT person receiving voluntary counseling from anyone, including any church.  Couldn't get much worse.

Edited by blackbird

9 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Actually the liberals are leading a charge with their war on Christianity.  Latest bomb was passing a law against any gay or LGBT person receiving voluntary counseling from anyone, including any church.  Couldn't get much worse.

I don’t think the state has any business weighing in on conversion therapy.  Protecting people against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is good, sure.  It’s important also for the state and people to respect and appreciate that there are reasons why our canonical texts such as the Bible are considered important wisdom.  The stories are ancient and contain their authority from countless wars and rises and falls of civilizations that are all but forgotten.  When we start thinking that all can be discarded on the basis of a new trend, we risk repeating mistakes.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

34 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t think the state has any business weighing in conversion therapy.  Protecting people against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is good.  It’s important for the state and people to respect and appreciate that there are reasons why our canonical texts such as the Bible are considered important wisdom.  The stories are ancient and contain their authority from countless wars and rises and falls of civilizations that are all but forgotten.  When we start thinking that all can be discarded on the basis of a new trend, we risk repeating mistakes.  

So-called "conversion therapy" is a deceptive trigger phrase that paints a picture of brutal coercion techniques.  In fact it ignores the fact that 99% of the time the only thing that may have taken place is people voluntarily went for counseling to see if they could change their gay lifestyle to heterosexual.  Now simple freedom of association and speech is banned by a draconian law because some LGBT people do not like the idea of their fellow LGBT people being counseled out of the pride movement, which would lessen their numbers and prove that people can change.  When people change, it weakens their whole argument that it is a normal thing that people are born with.  So to pressure the government to act some claimed they were irreparably harmed by the counseling and caused them lifelong grief.  I guess anybody could claim anything they don't agree with causes lifelong grief.  If that causes ongoing grief to someone, all it really proves is they really do need compassionate counseling with understanding.  The reason for the grief could be because they are deeply torn about their situation.  The solution to that is not to deny freedom to everyone who might seek compassionate counseling.  Passing laws to ban conversation between consenting adults is going way to far and sounds Orwellian.

Edited by blackbird

25 minutes ago, blackbird said:

So-called "conversion therapy" is a deceptive trigger phrase that paints a picture of brutal coercion techniques.  In fact it ignores the fact that 99% of the time the only thing that may have taken place is people voluntarily went for counseling to see if they could change their gay lifestyle to heterosexual.  Now simple freedom of association and speech is banned by a draconian law because some LGBT people do not like the idea of their fellow LGBT people being counseled out of the pride movement, which would lessen their numbers and prove that people can change.  When people change, it weakens their whole argument that it is a normal thing that people are born with.  So to pressure the government to act some claimed they were irreparably harmed by the counseling and caused them lifelong grief.  I guess anybody could claim anything they don't agree with causes lifelong grief.  If that causes ongoing grief to someone, all it really proves is they really do need compassionate counseling with understanding.  The reason for the grief could be because they are deeply torn about their situation.  The solution to that is not to deny freedom to everyone who might seek compassionate counseling.

Well you illustrate that there are a range of opinions on this topic, which governments should respect.  They do generally in the US.  In Canada we’re seeing governments set policy around pseudoscience and claims that don’t have scientific or factual backing, yet because someone or some group cries foul, government immediately restricts.  It’s social engineering by fiat.  We’re seeing this now with land acknowledgments and other strange documents that raise opinion or some romantic notion to the status of fact.  Of course there’s no “factual” basis for or against conversion therapy.  We’re in the realm of feelings and attitudes.  I tend to lean on ancient wisdom in the absence of science.

This is also happening with the trans revolution, as surgery is making it possible for people to change their gender appearance almost as easily as getting a boob enhancement.  Science teaches that there are only two genders, XX and XY.  I’ve always nevertheless believed that there are exceptional cases of people who feel like women trapped in a male body and vice versa.  However, the decision to have a sex change is very serious and must not be taken lightly.   I think it’s important that all voices on all these topics are not shut down or banned.  

Edited by Zeitgeist