Time to Declare Endemic

2 hours ago, myata said:

Until and unless convincing objective evidence is provided, reviewed and discussed would it be too much to ask to qualify it with a brief but informative addition: "to me"?

The evidence has been presented widely on the media constantly for the last two years.  Where have you been hiding?  The fact is that if you are on here posting anti-Covid measures, you have adopted an anarchistic, irrational stance and you will listen to nothing.  Go ahead and have your fun.  Just don't catch Covid or you will be begging for forgiveness.

O'Toole has committed Hari Kari by foolishly defending freedom over promoting vaccination as the solution to this crisis.  He is finished as a leader.  Cannot be taken seriously in anything he says.  Fighting on the side of so-called freedom fighters in this pandemic is the most insane thing he could have done.  Revolting.

Edited by blackbird

39 minutes ago, myata said:

Sure you have a better solution, just chainsaw everything in sight. Someone sane could ask have you at least tried to think first but too late for that.

You do what we have been doing, tailoring our actions to our circumstances.

Stop dealing in extremes. That isn't thinking.

“Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.” Romans 13:1

God is of the highest authority. He is the one who created all other authority. This verse says that every soul should be subject to Him and His power. He has ordained each of those in authority, and they cannot do anything outside of His power.

Trust Him and His authority over everyone and everything. Nothing surprises Him or worries Him. He always knows what to do. There is no authority on this earth that is there without the control of the Lord. He is still in charge whether the authority listens to Him or not.   Unquote  15 Rewarding Bible Verses About Obedience (to God, Parents & the Law) (christianwalls.com)

The Ottawa police announced those who break the law will be prosecuted.  This is as it should be.  The whole idea of opposing health regulations, restrictions, mandates, masks which have been authorized and ordered by authorities is wrong.  Of course those who do not believe in God and the Bible are anarchists.  Canada has more than it's share of these people as we are seeing.  As I have said before, the turning away from God has it's consequences and a nation without God has no solid foundation and can descend into chaos, anarchy, and self destruct.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

“Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.” Romans 13:1

God is of the highest authority. He is the one who created all other authority. This verse says that every soul should be subject to Him and His power. He has ordained each of those in authority, and they cannot do anything outside of His power.

Trust Him and His authority over everyone and everything. Nothing surprises Him or worries Him. He always knows what to do. There is no authority on this earth that is there without the control of the Lord. He is still in charge whether the authority listens to Him or not.   Unquote  15 Rewarding Bible Verses About Obedience (to God, Parents & the Law) (christianwalls.com)

The Ottawa police announced those who break the law will be prosecuted.  This is as it should be.  The whole idea of opposing health regulations, restrictions, mandates, masks which have been authorized and ordered by authorities is wrong.  Of course those who do not believe in God and the Bible are anarchists.  Canada has more than it's share of these people as we are seeing.  As I have said before, the turning away from God has it's consequences and a nation without God has no solid foundation and can descend into chaos, anarchy, and self destruct.

Do you believe Christians should obey wicked leaders when their dictates contradict scripture? 

Edited by West

Just now, West said:

Do you believe Christians should obey wicked leaders? 

I do not believe the measures taken by government to protect citizens against Covid are wrong.  I believe the authorities are acting in the interest of Canadians.  It is wrong to say they are "wicked leaders" when they are protecting the health and well-being of Canadians. 

Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix are just now giving a Covid-19 update.  The work is not done.

Dr. Henry is just going through the history of the battle against Covid, on Global TV, since it began in 2020 for each month.  Nobody could question the steps taken.  They were the best that were possible with the resources and knowledge available during the pandemic.  About 2,588 people died of Covid in B.C. during that time and the health care system has been stretched to the limit.  But thousands of lives have been saved and we are learning how to deal with it and 90% of the people have received their first shot. 

Dr. Henry is just reminding us how we need to wear our masks, stay home when sick, and we are looking forward to the time hopefully in the near future we can get back to doing more of the things we like to do.  She reminds us that Covid will be with us for some time.  It is not finished with us yet.  Next fall there will be transmission again.  She is hoping we will get to the point when we will not need extraordinary public health measures but everyone will take the measures we should as individuals.  She says the people of B.C. have followed the public health measures, made it safer for everybody, and our collective action has made a difference.  

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I do not believe the measures taken by government to protect citizens against Covid are wrong.  I believe the authorities are acting in the interest of Canadians.  It is wrong to say they are "wicked leaders" when they are protecting the health and well-being of Canadians. 

Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix are just now giving a Covid-19 update.  The work is not done.

Dr. Henry is just going through the history of the battle against Covid, on Global TV, since it began in 2020 for each month.  Nobody could question the steps taken.  They were the best that were possible with the resources and knowledge available during the pandemic.  About 2,588 people died of Covid in B.C. during that time and the health care system has been stretched to the limit.  But thousands of lives have been saved and we are learning how to deal with it and 90% of the people have received their first shot. 

Dr. Henry is just reminding us how we need to wear our masks, stay home when sick, and we are looking forward to the time hopefully in the near future we can get back to doing more of the things we like to do.  She reminds us that Covid will be with us for some time.  It is not finished with us yet.  Next fall there will be transmission again.  She is hoping we will get to the point when we will not need extraordinary public health measures but everyone will take the measures we should as individuals.  She says the people of B.C. have followed the public health measures, made it safer for everybody, and our collective action has made a difference.  

I believe people have used that verse to justify a whole bunch of disgusting policies throughout the year including segregation based on personal health decisions. This isn't the first rodeo where governments have used "public safety" as an excuse to enact such policies. Japanese internment camps are a prime example. 

Unfortunately the compliance by the churches, even going as far as kicking people out of service over not having a vaccine, will be yet another blemish on the church when this time of history is reviewed in the future 

Edited by West

54 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The evidence has been presented widely on the media constantly for the last two years.

Stop following the media and start doing your own research.  Please.  You're killing us.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I do not believe the measures taken by government to protect citizens against Covid are wrong.

It's people like you who are keeping this nonsense going.

Stop. The. Hysteria.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

The evidence has been presented widely on the media constantly for the last two years.  Where have you been hiding?  The fact is that if you are on here posting anti-Covid measures, you have adopted an anarchistic, irrational stance and you will listen to nothing.  Go ahead and have your fun.  Just don't catch Covid or you will be begging for forgiveness.

O'Toole has committed Hari Kari by foolishly defending freedom over promoting vaccination as the solution to this crisis.  He is finished as a leader.  Cannot be taken seriously in anything he says.  Fighting on the side of so-called freedom fighters in this pandemic is the most insane thing he could have done.  Revolting.

O’Toole’s problem isn’t that he hasn’t toed the Trudeau line on vaccine mandates, it’s that he’s not conservative enough or ballsy enough to speak up to Chairman Castro Trudeau.  

• Like 1

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

O’Toole’s problem isn’t that he hasn’t toed the Trudeau line on vaccine mandates, it’s that he’s not conservative enough or ballsy enough to speak up to Chairman Castro Trudeau.  

He's slowly coming around but I think it's because Pollieve and Scheer are polling higher than him right now and they've been pretty vocal about the Chairman's overreach. Leslyn Lewis as well (who I think would be a solid choice as well)

Just now, Aristides said:

The Conservatives will never form a government on their present course, they are pandering to the far right and will lose too much of the centre.  Liberals not having a realistic threat to replace them is not a good thing for the country. 

What?  All mainstream Canadian parties are left-wing.  Even the US Democrats know it.  Obama treated Trudeau like a vacuous Disney character.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

What?  All mainstream Canadian parties are left-wing.  Even the US Democrats know it.  Obama treated Trudeau like a vacuous Disney character.  

I've always considered myself a fiscally conservative social moderate and voted as such. The direction the CPC seems intent on heading increasingly makes me feel I have nowhere to go.

15 minutes ago, West said:

He's slowly coming around but I think it's because Pollieve and Scheer are polling higher than him right now and they've been pretty vocal about the Chairman's overreach. Leslyn Lewis as well (who I think would be a solid choice as well)

I hope Polievre takes his rightful place at the top and restores the party’s values.  It means scrapping the carbon taxes, one of the reasons fuel and heating prices are through the roof.  Our cost of living is growing outrageously high.  He’ll need to throw a bone to the tree huggers in BC and the Quebec Hydro nationalists.  I think changing the building codes to incorporate solar into new roofs and incentivizing wind, geothermal, and deep water cooling through tax breaks is the way to go.  Carbon taxes are punitive to workers who have no choice but to drive.  Changing how we build will achieve more for emissions reductions than making fuel unaffordable for people who need it to live and can’t afford an electric vehicle.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

Tam was just on the record today and thankfully I didn't turn it off this time because finally we can have some answers. About 5 minutes of convoluted wise-speak that would take two or less for a regular person, we learned that "vaccines have been important in maintaining continuity of the country's critical infrastructure" (literal or very close).

If you could get through maintaining continuity you may know something you did not before. Maybe you thought it was important for some other reason like keeping others (doesn't seem likely at this point) or at least yourself safe or safer. But no, wrong, it's the continuity that matters.

In Britain and Ireland the measures were meant to reduce the negative impact of an infectious wave, and so when it passed there was no reason to keep them in place. Same, Austria. In Sweden there's no problem with "continuity" and maybe for that reason, vaccination was not recommended for children. Yes sure, continuity but there just isn't sufficient benefit to the individual or society to justify the risk, by Swedish measure at least. But you're not there, and here please give a thought to what is going to change in critical infrastructure in the next say, two decades (may want to check "fix it for a generation") and what does it mean for the holy continuity?

No you aren't in Sweden or any of the above, and the message is very clear: continuity at any cost and above all. You get what it means and translates to, do you?

2 minutes ago, myata said:

Tam was just on the record today and thankfully I didn't turn it off this time because finally we can have some answers. About 5 minutes of convoluted wise-speak that would take two or less for a regular person, we learned that "vaccines have been important in maintaining continuity of the country's critical infrastructure" (literal or very close).

If you could get through maintaining continuity you may know something you did not before. Maybe you thought it was important for some other reason like keeping others (doesn't seem likely at this point) or at least yourself safe or safer. But no, wrong, it's the continuity that matters.

In Britain and Ireland the measures were meant to reduce the negative impact of an infectious wave, and so when it passed there was no reason to keep them in place. Same, Austria. In Sweden there's no problem with "continuity" and maybe for that reason, vaccination was not recommended for children. Yes sure, continuity but there just isn't sufficient benefit to the individual or society to justify the risk, by Swedish measure at least. But you're not there, and here please give a thought to what is going to change in critical infrastructure in the next say, two decades (may want to check "fix it for a generation") and what does it mean for the holy continuity?

No you aren't in Sweden or any of the above, and the message is very clear: continuity at any cost and above all. You get what it means and translates to, do you?

I'm sure behind the scenes they are trying to slither out of the inevitable lawsuits that are sure to come. 

Peckford, one of the architects of the Charter, will be bringing one against the travel bans here shortly. 

With 1,000 COVID-19 deaths already, January is on track to be one of Ontario's deadliest pandemic months   Unquote

If Omicron is mild, why are so many people dying in Ontario? | CBC News

The number of people being hospitalized is greater and the number of people in the ICUs is greater per capita with Omicron.  Since more people are catching Omicron, the total number of deaths is pushed up simply because of the greater number of people getting sick with it.  So it is foolish to oppose mandates and Covid restrictions because it is still a serious pandemic which is killing lots of people and causing long Covid for many others.  A thousand deaths in Ontario in the past month is a lot of deaths.  We should be concerned about it and continue to do what we can to protect our fellow man and society.

Edited by blackbird

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

With 1,000 COVID-19 deaths already, January is on track to be one of Ontario's deadliest pandemic months

Interesting. You mean with all the exspert policies in place, including masks, next to mandatory vaccinations and another lockdown? And that means we need more exspert policies, right? Makes so much sense!

By the way, did you know that there are places that never had a lockdown, yet?

1 minute ago, myata said:

Interesting. You mean with all the exspert policies in place, including masks, next to mandatory vaccinations and another lockdown? And that means we need more exspert policies, right? Makes so much sense!

By the way, did you know that there are places that never had a lockdown, yet?

And there are places that are in the fog and places with blue sky.  So what?

17 hours ago, Aristides said:

I've always considered myself a fiscally conservative social moderate and voted as such. The direction the CPC seems intent on heading increasingly makes me feel I have nowhere to go.

I supported Conservatives for last 30 years at least, but it is doubtful I can support them any more.  They are self destructing.  I don't think they have a chance of forming government in the foreseeable future.  Politics is taken over by the radical progressives and liberal/left.  Canada will pay a heavy price.

Edited by blackbird