Why are liberals leaving Justins side in droves...

Why are the Liberal supporters packing up there tents and leaving Justin and his merry band of thugs and lairs. Is it policies or promises made by other leaders ? and if so which ones... Has anyone else noticed that the liberal voters on this forum are pretty quite lately... Maybe it is just me.. And the green party, you know when your in collapse when the PPC has almost double your figures in support...could this be their demise ?

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

1. Why are the Liberal supporters packing up there tents and leaving Justin and his merry band of thugs and lairs. Is it policies or promises made by other leaders ? and if so which ones...

2. Has anyone else noticed that the liberal voters on this forum are pretty quite lately... Maybe it is just me..

3. And the green party, you know when your in collapse when the PPC has almost double your figures in support...could this be their demise ?

1.  A cynical election call ?  Which supporters do you mean ?
2. Which ones do you mean ?
3. The Green Party is in decline because of their leader, and the PPC only exists because of their leader.  In years there will be a Green Party but I doubt there will be a PPC.

Interesting call-ins all over Canada on "Have your say at CPAC."

What protesters we see may be what they call the "fringe".....but, it is likely the fringe of the silent majority  - spilling out -  fed up with this government.  They're not necessarily all  anti-vaxxers.

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  A cynical election call ?  Which supporters do you mean ?
2. Which ones do you mean ?
3. The Green Party is in decline because of their leader, and the PPC only exists because of their leader.  In years there will be a Green Party but I doubt there will be a PPC.

Of all the things Justin has done in the last year, Liberal voters are leaving his side because of an election call, a little waek but sure why not. All Justins voters.

Green party is a extreme fringe party, and will be dust very soon. my opinion, PPC is actually getting more attention than last election, maybe because mad max has no little girls to insult, that and the conservative party is leaning far to much left, and the hard core conservatives need Maxwell.

27 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Of all the things Justin has done in the last year, Liberal voters are leaving his side because of an election call, a little waek but sure why not. All Justins voters.

Green party is a extreme fringe party, and will be dust very soon. my opinion, PPC is actually getting more attention than last election, maybe because mad max has no little girls to insult, that and the conservative party is leaning far to much left, and the hard core conservatives need Maxwell.

It's interesting that the PPC seems to be ahead of the Greens even when they either get ignored or get negative coverage. The CBC won't mention them by name, they put them as "other".

CTV apparently has a daily map showing where the Party leaders are, but not Maxime Bernier. I expect as much from the MSM.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ironstone said:

It's interesting that the PPC seems to be ahead of the Greens even when they either get ignored or get negative coverage. The CBC won't mention them by name, they put them as "other".

CTV apparently has a daily map showing where the Party leaders are, but not Maxime Bernier. I expect as much from the MSM.

CBC and CTV are among the media that manipulate viewers..........and, they try to manipulate the election outcome thru their manipulated "news."

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, betsy said:

CBC and CTV are among the media that manipulate viewers..........

Right, like the CBC show Power and Politics that just had an expert giving the conservative climate plan a big thumbs up.

If the CBC were is biased as you say, they would not have missed an opportunity to torpedo said plan has it legitimizes the party in the eyes of centrists.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Right, like the CBC show Power and Politics that just had an expert giving the conservative climate plan a big thumbs up.

If the CBC were is biased as you say, they would not have missed an opportunity to torpedo said plan has it legitimizes the party in the eyes of centrists.

Maybe the CBC can see the writing on the wall.  Give the Conservatives honest coverage instead of the Liberal woke/racist/LBGQ-WTF agenda.  Maybe the Conservatives will cut the funding to that bloated over produced Liberal mouthpiece.  One can only hope . . . 

43 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Maybe the CBC can see the writing on the wall.  Give the Conservatives honest coverage instead of the Liberal woke/racist/LBGQ-WTF agenda.  Maybe the Conservatives will cut the funding to that bloated over produced Liberal mouthpiece.  One can only hope . . . 

Hmmm... so you seem to be saying they're not biased... at the moment at least.

Seems to me if they were as Liberal as some claim they would be trying hard to defeat O'Toole

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hmmm... so you seem to be saying they're not biased... at the moment at least.

Seems to me if they were as Liberal as some claim they would be trying hard to defeat O'Toole

Hmmm... so you seem to be unable to grasp that the Conservatives may be the new masters of the CBC.

Seems to me if they were the new masters, the CBC may be trying to be unbiased.  Something new for the CBC.

17 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

1. Hmmm... so you seem to be unable to grasp that the Conservatives may be the new masters of the CBC.

2. Seems to me if they were the new masters, the CBC may be trying to be unbiased.  Something new for the CBC.

1. Oh yes, I am utterly incapable of grasping that one.  I can accept a Liberal bias, a natural one as well as a purposeful one, but a Conservative on ? Tough beans there.
2. Coming this fall: The Stephen Harper show.  Steve entertains the audience by himself, from a spectrum of performance delights including magic, song, comedy and dance.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Oh yes, I am utterly incapable of grasping that one.  I can accept a Liberal bias, a natural one as well as a purposeful one, but a Conservative on ? Tough beans there.
2. Coming this fall: The Stephen Harper show.  Steve entertains the audience by himself, from a spectrum of performance delights including magic, song, comedy and dance.

It's somewhat demeaning to us both that I have to spell things out to you . . . . .  guessing you still read with a school ruler under the script line?

Is GTA going to endorse Trudeau again?

5 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

1. It's somewhat demeaning to us both that I have to spell things out to you . . . . .  guessing you still read with a school ruler under the script line?

2. Is GTA going to endorse Trudeau again?

1. I understand what you are saying - but just because you can spell Loch Ness doesn't mean that I can imagine Stephen Harper riding on his back in the Stampede.
2. Video games tend to stay out of Canadian politics.  But the SIMS were pretty clearly NDP.

15 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I would say the change has come with the CPC platform and Erin O'Toole being able to present himself as a reasonable, stable, intelligent alternative. There has been little enthusiasm for boy Trudeau for some time.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:40 AM, Army Guy said:

Has anyone else noticed that the liberal voters on this forum are pretty quite lately...

Maybe there are no Liberal voters here; maybe that's an assumption made by conservatives whenever someone disagrees with them. 

I, personally, am not voting Liberal.  Since O'Toole has come out with a plan for the environment, he may get my vote - despite my dislike of the values of many CPC core supporters.

Also, the comments by most of the conservatives on this forum are so predictable, they've become too boring to respond to most of the time.  They're just too partisan, driven by emotion rather than thought.

Edited by dialamah

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

What?  Where did you get that ??

I told you, I read what you write in other places. Here, you've called yourself a 'conservative' but there you said you would not vote for O'Toole, the most left wing leader the Tories have had since Clark. and I know you're not into the PPC since you called Bernier an idiot several times. That leaves the Liberals.

Unless the guy who calls himself a conservative is voting for the NDP...

42 minutes ago, Argus said:

1. I told you, I read what you write in other places. Here, you've called yourself a 'conservative' but there you said you would not vote for O'Toole,

2. the most left wing leader the Tories have had since Clark.

3. and I know you're not into the PPC since you called Bernier an idiot several times.

4. That leaves the Liberals.

5. Unless the guy who calls himself a conservative is voting for the NDP...

1. Lots of conservatives on here have stated they won't vote for O'Toole.  Why single me out ?

2. You have a one-dimensional view of politics, IMO.  Just because O'Toole is to the left of ... someone ... doesn't mean I like him.  I like politicians to the right of O'Toole also.

3. I think I only called him an idiot twice.

4. Greens, Bloc, independents and lots of other things.

5. Conservatives sometimes do vote left and even LIKE the left.  Did you know The Queen liked Harold Wilson ?  That Brian Mulroney and Bob Rae admired each other ?

I am indeed conservative by many if not most measures, but that is really off topic unless you are the kind of person who evaluates who someone votes for before reading their points, so you can decide beforehand if you will agree.

I also hasten to point out that although likely 80% of my personal acquaintences vote NDP or Liberal I literally never hear anyone say good things about Justin Trudeau.  I heard more good things about Erin O'Toole this election, but I doubt anyone I know would vote for him.

I have no party in this race. I am a Progressive Conservative. I was planning to support Mr. O'Toole until the other night when he supported the Northern Gateway pipeline. It is in the wrong place.

Max Bernier is stupid and ignorant. His Hells Angel girlfriend, who turned in the classified cabinet documents he left at her home, said he is a climate change denier. I would hate to think anyone would equate conservatism with ignorance and stupidity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

His Hells Angel girlfriend, who turned in the classified cabinet documents he left at her home, said he is a climate change denier. I would hate to think anyone would equate conservatism with ignorance and stupidity.

?  OMG I forgot about the Hell's Angels gf...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Lots of conservatives on here have stated they won't vote for O'Toole.  Why single me out ?

Because as long as you have been on this site I have considered you a hard-core Liberal supporter, and you've never written anything which has led me to doubt that.

2. You have a one-dimensional view of politics, IMO.  Just because O'Toole is to the left of ... someone ... doesn't mean I like him.  I like politicians to the right of O'Toole also.

Like whom?

I don't really even like O'Toole, but I don't see any alternative for a conservative to vote for.

4. Greens, Bloc, independents and lots of other things.

You are in Toronto. And the Greens are busy destroying each other over transgenderism, racism and Israel.

I am indeed conservative by many if not most measures,

Like what?

I also hasten to point out that although likely 80% of my personal acquaintences vote NDP or Liberal I literally never hear anyone say good things about Justin Trudeau.  I heard more good things about Erin O'Toole this election, but I doubt anyone I know would vote for him.

That suggests you live in a bubble made up almost entirely, if not entirely, of people on the Left. That's an odd self-selected group of friends and acquaintances for a conservative to have. My best friends are a Liberal and a Conservative but I have many acquaintances and friends all across the political spectrum. I don't choose friends - or posts to read - by their politics.

Edited by Argus