Pandemic will likely get worse in the fall and winter but no more lockdowns.

Florida reported 26,203 more COVID-19 cases to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.

The state also reported nine new deaths the day before. In all, Florida has recorded at least 3,130,144 confirmed COVID cases statewide and 42,731 deaths.

Wednesday’s new cases broke the state’s current single-day case total record. Aug. 12 last held that title with 25,957 cases on a single day, according to Herald calculations of data provided by the CDC.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253735048.html

Just now, Argus said:

Florida reported 26,203 more COVID-19 cases to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.

The state also reported nine new deaths the day before. In all, Florida has recorded at least 3,130,144 confirmed COVID cases statewide and 42,731 deaths.

Wednesday’s new cases broke the state’s current single-day case total record. Aug. 12 last held that title with 25,957 cases on a single day, according to Herald calculations of data provided by the CDC.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253735048.html

So what?  Vaccines are widely available.  Anyone that wants one can get one.  If they choose not to, which is their right, there might be consequences.  That’s the way it’s suppose to work, personal responsibility.  You’re a supposed conservative.  You really should be championing personal responsibility.  If you were actually a conservative, and not a statist authoritarian, who seeks benevolent dictators and technocrats to run our lives for us.

Despite data showing that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing serious illness from the Delta variant, some Florida hospitals are still being overwhelmed by virus patients who are mostly unvaccinated. The New York Times found two University of Florida hospitals in Jacksonville that are grappling with the highest number of COVID-19 patients they’ve had since the start of the pandemic, with growing fear over when it may actually end. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/some-florida-hospitals-seeing-record-number-of-covid-cases

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Despite data showing that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing serious illness from the Delta variant, some Florida hospitals are still being overwhelmed by virus patients who are mostly unvaccinated. The New York Times found two University of Florida hospitals in Jacksonville that are grappling with the highest number of COVID-19 patients they’ve had since the start of the pandemic, with growing fear over when it may actually end. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/some-florida-hospitals-seeing-record-number-of-covid-cases

So what?

25 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Here's an interesting one for Argus who likes to present a week of stats from Ontario and present them as proof of something applicable to the entire world for the end of time and for Citizen who likes to give him  digital tongue baths of Kudos for his online creation of pictographs for the week.

At the beginning of the month Florida was peaking with between 187 to 189 Daily Deaths. Since that time DeSantis has made the antibody treatment available to Floridians that cured Trump. In the last three days daily deaths have fluctuated between 9 and 1.

I think DeSantis may be one of the only politicians with the guts to lead the US out of the pandemic.  It won’t be Biden, who would keep the fully vaccinated in masks forever if Covid isn’t eradicated, and it won’t be.  Shifting the focus to personal responsibility and treatment, as well as promoting vaccination, is the way forward.  It’s death and hospitalization counts that matter now more than case counts.  Lifting restrictions and returning to normal activities should be the new public information mantra.  

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What kinds of conditions were on the list? Do they tell you that you shouldn't take the vaxx if you have them?

I've no way of remembering but couldn't be very common as many elderly 80 and over in the community were vaccinated known for a fact.

Yes, Argus and Citizen, I acknowledge that the corporate and political left are afraid of DeSantis as one of the 2 most likely leaders of the Republican party in 2024 and only speak of thim in smears and slurs using corrupted facts and misleading statistics.

Now show me how Florida overall stats without lockdowns do not compare favorably overall to Democrat stronghold states like California and New York with lockdowns and mask mandates or show me the math you're using that explains how 9 deaths since Florida started using the antibody therapeutic is not less than the 189 deaths when it wasn't.

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Cue the Karens: "ANTIBODIES DON'T WORK! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! YOUR COVID DISINFORMATION IS KILLING PEOPLE!"

Show you five thousand cites from learned professionals, health care reps, scientists and government health agencies and you're all "That's not proof! I don't believe you!" Have one guy on the internet say some antibody treatment is cutting deaths and you're like "SEE! ABSOLUTE PROOF!"

7 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

As I said, a waste of time. I was proven right.

OK. Proven. So when are the restrictions coming down for vaccinated? No clear answers, no idea how to make sense of repeated propaganda mantras but sure proven. That's how it works in a one-way conversation and by now who should be surprised?

32 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Here's an interesting one for Argus who likes to present a week of stats from Ontario and present them as proof of something applicable to the entire world for the end of time and for Citizen who likes to give him  digital tongue baths of Kudos for his online creation of pictographs for the week.

At the beginning of the month Florida was peaking with between 187 to 189 Daily Deaths. Since that time DeSantis has made the antibody treatment available to Floridians that cured Trump. In the last three days daily deaths have fluctuated between 9 and 1.

That's real interesting, Cletus, given your hero ordered daily death reports halted some time ago. So where are you getting your news? Some alt-right web site?

Here ya go genius.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Why? Are you saying you guys don't want to use worldometer stats when they don't show what you'd like them to?

But by all means show me how worldometer is getting stats you claim don't exist. Maybe I can use that the next time you or yours want to claim they show something you, the political left and Big Pharma support.

Edited by Infidel Dog

32 minutes ago, Argus said:

Show you five thousand cites from learned professionals, health care reps, scientists and government health agencies and you're all "That's not proof! I don't believe you!" Have one guy on the internet say some antibody treatment is cutting deaths and you're like "SEE! ABSOLUTE PROOF!"

You don't have any cites at all showing that antibodies don't work.

The only cites I see here are people showing how many more unvaxxed people died than dbl-vaxxed people, from back when there were zero dbl-vaxxed people. 

FYI that's not an example of a stat, it's an example of disinformation. 

23 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Here ya go genius.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Why? Are you saying you guys don't want to use worldometer stats when they don't show what you'd like them to?

But by all means show me how worldometer is getting stats you claim don't exist. Maybe I can use that the next time you or yours want to claim they show something you, the political left and Big Pharma support.

Maybe DeSantis is hiding 12,000 covid deaths. Isn't that something that governors do? 

34 minutes ago, Argus said:

That's real interesting, Cletus, given your hero ordered daily death reports halted some time ago. So where are you getting your news? Some alt-right web site?

Who the F are you to start calling people names now Argus?  

Ever since you got your alt-leftist star (who finally managed to brainwash you?) you suddenly seem to feel like you're in a position to look down on people. 

Pretty weird for a guy who gets sucked in by disinformation on a daily basis to be acting superior, but that's the leftist way I guess.

55 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

As I said, a waste of time. I was proven right.

Were you? Were you really proven right?

You're talking about this, right?

OK, so previously you were telling us how the tiny percentage of unvaccinated were responsible for the new infection. Does that even make sense? How are they doing that? How are about 5% of the population responsible for records of infection it used to take 100% of the population to make. From the tiny Argus quote we're given to believe they're talking about "total record." So did the unvaccinated all of a sudden get new super infection powers?

Your buddy also clipped this quote for the bit you're so proud of:

And here Argus did that thing he likes to do where he leaves out key details. Yes there were 9 deaths one day. Two days before that this week there was only 1. But what he's not telling you is that during peak days of daily cases of infection (before the DeSantis policy of antibody therapeutics) the daily deaths went as high as 189.

So tell us again what you're strutting around about. How do you think you've been proven right?

And here's another one contradicting Argus and Citizen's week and a half of Ontario data suggesting the vaccinated are without any responsibility for the resent worldwide spike in cases and deaths.

The UK government just reported the following data, tucked away in their report on variants of concern:

Less than a third of delta variant deaths are in the unvaccinated.

Let me say that another way - two-thirds of Delta deaths in the UK are in the jabbed.

To be specific:

From the 1st of February to the 2nd of August, the UK recorded 742 Delta deaths (yes, the dreaded Delta has not taken that much life).

Out of the 742 deaths, 402 were fully vaccinated. 79 had received one shot. Only 253 were unvaccinated.

The report is Here.

https://chriswaldburger.substack.com/p/bombshell-uk-data-destroys-entire

35 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

OK, so previously you were telling us how the tiny percentage of unvaccinated were responsible for the new infection. Does that even make sense? How are they doing that? How are about 5% of the population responsible for records of infection it used to take 100% of the population to make. From the tiny Argus quote we're given to believe they're talking about "total record." So did the unvaccinated all of a sudden get new super infection powers?

You are manipulative with your data. First of all CDC provides data for US not Canada where about half (50%) people are not fully vaccinated not 5% as you claim secondly the last time I checked we live in Canada and data cited were for Ontario (which btw is a Canadian province last time i checked) and over 80% of new infections and over 95% of hospitalizations and deaths are among the tiny 20% unvaccinated people.

28 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

the last time I checked we live in Canada and data cited were for Ontario (which btw is a Canadian province last time i checked) and over 80% of new infections and over 95% of hospitalizations and deaths are among the tiny 20% unvaccinated people.

That data was debunked.

It started on Dec 14th, the day of the first vaccinations there, so there were almost zero dbl-vaxed Cnadians for 33% of the timeline for that study.

47 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

And here's another one contradicting Argus and Citizen's week and a half of Ontario data suggesting the vaccinated are without any responsibility for the resent worldwide spike in cases and deaths.

https://chriswaldburger.substack.com/p/bombshell-uk-data-destroys-entire

That's an incredibly high number of vaxed people to get sick in that time frame. 481 half or fully vaxed, vs 253 unvaxxed.

Delta's curveball is apparently quite awesome. Hopefully it's slider and 4-seam are below average. 

Gotta admit I hadn't computed the difference between Ontario and Florida stats. So let's do that.

About 62% of Floridians have received one dose of vaccine and about 51% have received 2 doses.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/state/florida

In Ontario 72% have received one dose

and 66% have received 2.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

So what you were originally puffing yourself up about was the claim there was recent new record of cases in Florida.

I'm going to assume what you're so proud of is the idea that the 48% caused that new record of cases that one week. Not sure how the naturally immune, immune by previous covid exposure and Vaccination status unknown would factor into that but it still doesn't add up to me.

But you made me look so let's see if Ontario stats really do say we don't need to worry about being infected by the vaccinated.

Ontario-cv-un.jpg

So you've got 395 unvaccinated and 283 fully vaccinated or  questionable. We don't know where the now immune fit in. But you want to say it's pretty much all unvaccinated who are responsible for the recent rise when it took both vaccinated and unvaccinated to account for previous similar rises.

And yes I'm aware of the recent stats but I don't trust them because they don't add up. It may be a temporary aberration that levels out with a longer sample or it may be somebody messing with the stats again.