Pandemic will likely get worse in the fall and winter but no more lockdowns.

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I believe number of test cases has been same between 20,000 on a weekend to 30,000 on a busy day like yesterday usually mid to end of the week. 

It is the damn Delta variant. Same reason as any other vaccinated country with a surging new cases.

Thanks for the clarification, the testing numbers did not increase yet the case numbers have increased. I am not sure why the testing ratios are not included on the data.

I am more asking what is the underlying factor that causes an increase? ie what actions are we taking that is causing an increase? 

12 minutes ago, Winston said:

I am more asking what is the underlying factor that causes an increase? ie what actions are we taking that is causing an increase? 

As I explained it is the nature of the beast (Delta variant having a very high transmissibility has just begun to spread.

The question should be what actions we are not taking causing the increase

1 - We are not making vaccinations mandatory

2 - We are not re-imposing lockdowns.

4 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

As I explained it is the nature of the beast (Delta variant having a very high transmissibility has just begun to spread.

I can appreciate that we want to jump to the nearest solution, but if we do not understand the problem how can we find a solution? As I said, what are we doing that is causing an increase in cases? 

Vaccination numbers have not suddenly decreases, if anything they have increased. Vaccinations are not the problem causing a sudden shift in increased case numbers. 

Lockdowns have been removed for some time, this would not cause a sudden increase in cases. 

Something is causing a sudden increase in cases, why are we not finding the root cause the sudden increase in cases? 

1 minute ago, Winston said:

I can appreciate that we want to jump to the nearest solution, but if we do not understand the problem how can we find a solution? As I said, what are we doing that is causing an increase in cases? 

Vaccination numbers have not suddenly decreases, if anything they have increased. Vaccinations are not the problem causing a sudden shift in increased case numbers. 

Lockdowns have been removed for some time, this would not cause a sudden increase in cases. 

Something is causing a sudden increase in cases, why are we not finding the root cause the sudden increase in cases? 

Not sure why you don't understand a simple reason. Delta variant has STARTED spreading in Canada and this is the beginning of the spread as it will be getting worse day by day. Same curves which were observed earlier in Israel and UK and then US will be observed here. Canada is just lagging.

6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Not sure why you don't understand a simple reason. Delta variant has STARTED spreading in Canada and this is the beginning of the spread as it will be getting worse day by day. Same curves which were observed earlier in Israel and UK and then US will be observed here. Canada is just lagging.

The delta variant was first discovered in Canada early April. This would not constitute a recent sudden rise in case numbers, especially when case numbers had dropped earlier last month. The delta variant is not a causal reason why there is a sudden rise in case numbers, otherwise there would have been a rise in case numbers since April. 

Why have case numbers increased since last week?

What causes a rise in case numbers? 

If we do not know the answers to these questions ( ie the problem) how can we find a solution?

48 minutes ago, Winston said:

The delta variant is not a causal reason why there is a sudden rise in case numbers, otherwise there would have been a rise in case numbers since April.

Just recall that cases were down to practically zero by June and July. Delta - no delta, no delta - delta!!! Looks like the scary delta is like one of those reusable masks, used as and when needed. And looks like those who were hired and paid for understanding what's actually going on, naturally transitioned to drumming. Much easier and the pay is same, a no-brainer.

1 hour ago, Winston said:

The delta variant was first discovered in Canada early April. This would not constitute a recent sudden rise in case numbers, especially when case numbers had dropped earlier last month. The delta variant is not a causal reason why there is a sudden rise in case numbers, otherwise there would have been a rise in case numbers since April. 

Why have case numbers increased since last week?

What causes a rise in case numbers? 

If we do not know the answers to these questions ( ie the problem) how can we find a solution?

In April, we are locked down but started reopening end of June as per my response post citing lack of enough vaccination and reopening.

Then you answer tour questions as why if you don't accept mine. Respectfully it is easy to ask question than trying to answer one. Surely you are not saying that this is because of vaccinations, do you?

If you keep a lockdown till cases drop naturally, that is smart, but of course no evidence of effectiveness of lockdowns. It was already discussed, and the effectiveness can be evaluated based on the time from the beginning of the lockdown to the peak of the cases. So if you want to prove that lockdowns work, go ahead, do another lockdown right now when it's so scary, and we'll see if the cases will be dropping by end of the month. Don't wait till a certain point before the calculated peak, based on known duration of the wave. Why wait if one is so eager to bring them down?

The story of brutal savages and the messenger of the Sun God who saved himself by making the Sun turn its face from them.

38 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

In April, we are locked down but started reopening end of June as per my response post citing lack of enough vaccination and reopening.

Then you answer tour questions as why if you don't accept mine. Respectfully it is easy to ask question than trying to answer one. Surely you are not saying that this is because of vaccinations, do you?

1. A lack of vaccination or a lack of lockdowns did not change during the period of increased infection rate.

If the lockdowns ended and 3 days later there was a direct increase in infection rate, one could argue that ending lockdowns may have caused the infection rate to increase. However, this is not what occurred in the past two weeks.  

Vaccination numbers have only increased, not decreased, thus how can it suddenly increase the number of infection rate? 

I do not accept your answers because they are not causal, if X occurs Y rate increases. In our case some variable(s) changed which resulted in a sudden increase in infections. 

I understand, answers are difficult to produce and I do not expect easy answers on a forum. I do expect the professionals in the industry to look at all the variable (s) that cause a sudden increase in infections. 

In engineering for example, if a engine does not start, the troubleshooting starts by finding underlying conditions that may cause the vehicle not to start. Jumping to replacing the engine or an entire component is improper and unprofessional. We must first explore why the engine does not start, keys in ignition, noise, power, battery voltage, starter engagement, fuel level, engine crank, spark plug condition, fuel lines, air intake. 

Jumping to solutions before understanding the problem is not effective, rather impulsive. I would not expect any less from professionals in any industry. I do expect the professionals in the industry to look at all the variable (s) that cause increase in infections. As a result, I am asking what data do we have that show how variable (s) change resulting in a sudden increase in infections? What are those variables?

2. "Surely you are not saying that this is because of vaccinations, do you? " - Not at all. I believe we are missing several variables in our data and as a result we are always playing "catch up" instead of mitigating the underlying problems. 

14 minutes ago, Galloway said:

They are less likely to become infected, and thus less likely to spread it.   As well, they're less like to get sick, thus saving hospital resources for the non-idiots.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here, but the end result of saying "saving the hospital resources for non-idiots" means that the vaxxed are idiots. 

FYI, the vaxxes were pimped as a way of getting to herd immunity, and keeping people from dying.

Then they moved the goalposts to "people will get infected but they won't get sick".

Then they moved the goalposts further back to "They won't get as sick." 

Then they moved the goalposts back to "They won't die."

Now they say "Only elderly people with co-morbidities die."

Does that remind you of any flus that you heard of lately in the news?

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make here, but the end result of saying "saving the hospital resources for non-idiots" means that the vaxxed are idiots. 

FYI, the vaxxes were pimped as a way of getting to herd immunity, and keeping people from dying.

Then they moved the goalposts to "people will get infected but they won't get sick".

Then they moved the goalposts further back to "They won't get as sick." 

Then they moved the goalposts back to "They won't die."

Now they say "Only elderly people with co-morbidities die."

Does that remind you of any flus that you heard of lately in the news?

LOL, yeah, I think I messed up that first part.

People will continue to die from covid, even if there was 100% vaccination.  But the data says there would be far fewer deaths.

They didn't nefariously "move the goalposts".  They're working with new information, new variants, new techniques, new vaccines.   They're giving us the best information they can, changing up instructions as they get new information, and that doesn't mean it's always right.   But I would sure bet on it being right more often than a random youtuber or "Q".

I don't believe any authority ever said "Only elderly people with co-morbidities die."   Can you please provide a link to a reputable source for that claim.

Edited by Galloway

5 minutes ago, Galloway said:

LOL, yeah, I think I messed up that first part.

People will continue to die from covid, even if there was 100% vaccination.  But the data says there would be far fewer deaths.

They didn't nefariously "move the goalposts".  They're working with new information, new variants, new techniques, new vaccines.   They're giving us the best information they can, changing up instructions as they get new information, and that doesn't mean it's always right.   But I would sure bet on it being right more often than a random youtuber or "Q".

Maybe not 'nefariously' but the goal posts moved, just the same.

I do think that 'vaxxing 12-50 yr-olds is being done nefariously, just for the sake of pumping up the vaxxes' stats. Those people aren't at any risk of dying from covid, but those tens of millions of people who got dbl-vaxxed and then don't get sick sure make Pfizer and Moderna look good on the books. (Aside from all the heart problems, and the 13 yr-old that died).

I don't believe any authority ever said "Only elderly people with co-morbidities die."   Can you please provide a link to a reputable source for that claim.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8127794/covid-israel-breakthrough-cases-doctors/

Around half of the country’s 600 patients presently hospitalized with severe illness have received two doses of the Pfizer Inc shot

Not looking good for Pfizer...

Then later...

The majority of these patients received two vaccine doses at least five months ago, are over the age of 60 and also have chronic illnesses known to exacerbate a coronavirus infection. 

There it is.

The part about "chronic illnesses known to exacerbate a coronavirus infection" is telling as well. It's like they're saying that there's some kind of pattern among covid hospitalizations and deaths.

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Maybe not 'nefariously' but the goal posts moved, just the same.

Well DUH!   You really think they should have know everything about covid from day 1, without any research at all?   You really think they should have know everything about vaccines that hadn't been developed yet?

That's the way science works, the goalposts are constantly moving as new information comes in, as new hypothesis are tested.  That's what makes science so powerful.

The people you want to be careful of are those who get an idea into their head, and then no amount of new information or data can change their opinion.   They're the real danger to our society.

New infection cases are rising everywhere in Canada but there has been no lockdowns or increase in restrictions and that is because the authorities are fully aware if they ever try to bring back more restrictions they will be completely ignored and if they try to lockdown again it will be disobeyed.

People are fed-up with lockdowns and restrictions and will not take it anymore. Authorities promised us to wait a few more weeks or months for vaccines to arrive and it will be all over and we waited and most of us got vaccinated but we are back now to rising new cases and deaths and that is because the authorities did not go all along and do what was necessary and failed to  MANDATE vaccination or lockdown those who reused therefore we are now in a situation that the unvaccinated people a small minority of 20% catch the virus and passes it to the vaccinated people as there are small number of breakthrough cases as like every vaccine it is not 100% effective. But most of deaths and hospitalizations are and will be among the unvaccinated people so they deserve it. We have no sympathy for them and we are paying the price already with breakthrough cases but no more lockdowns. WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

there has been no lockdowns or increase in restrictions

Say what???

That goes beyond "nothing to see here." You've just entered an alternate reality somewhere. Must be from Ontario. And although Toronto might qualify as an alternate reality I'm not sure your claim is even true there, is it?

Here's the kind of thing that's happening where I am.

I think vaccine passports are on their way in a week or so too. No Vancouver Canucks or Big Macs for me. I'm banned and can't come in until I lose my fear of blood clots, an enlarged heart and having my skin peeled off by the Chi-Comm.

In the meantime they're beating up media on the street for covering the restrictions, but there are no restrictions, right?

21 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Say what???

That goes beyond "nothing to see here." You've just entered an alternate reality somewhere. Must be from Ontario. And although Toronto might qualify as an alternate reality I'm not sure your claim is even true there, is it?

I meant since reopening started in Ontario on June 26, 2021 when we had close to 100 cases daily now we have close to 1000 and we remain in stage 3 reopening.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Are they making you wear those face diapers over there again?

Again? The mask idiocy has never stopped in ON. Even when working in fully vaccinated mandated workplaces and schools, masks and social distancing continue.

“The vaccine will bring freedom, at 75%.”

“The vaccine will bring freedom, at 80%.”

“The vaccine will bring freedom, at 85%.”

”The vaccine will bring freedom, at 90%.”

Booster shall also be mandated.

On 9/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Are you trying to fear monger people here? I cannot believe that there are still people like you who are so stunned and still believe in this plandemic hoax. 

Latest rumor has it that there is now a new variant of covid virus coming soon. It is called the "MU" virus. It will be seen as worse than the others. So, people like you will once again go into panic mode and start to cry all over another phony dangerous virus on it's way. 

Sadly, stunned people like you will once again be pretty much demanding that people that are not vaccinated should get vaccinated now from this new MU virus flu bug before they catch this new bug and maybe die. Get ready people for more booster shots to come. It will become an endless cycle of new covid bugs coming your way and all of them will need to be eradicated by taking more booster shots. 

Only stupid people will still believe in this joke of a hoax plandemic and of course will be taking their booster shots. Who was the guy that said that the majority of Canadians are as stupid as hell? ME. ?