Taliban Takeover of Afghanistan is Just a Matter of Weeks Now

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

The U.S. withdrawal was signed and delivered by Trump. We can agree that Biden never should have trusted the integrity of anything that administration did.

Whatever it was they agreed yo, we may never know. But it was a long time ago, and everything needs to be looked at.

An agreement in principle is not the same as a detailed exit strategy.

I read a story today by a veteran one of these days with a memorable summary "not one war but twenty different wars" speaking of almost complete absence of vision, objectives and coordinated strategy to achieve them. The only scenario with even theoretically possible success of such an operation is if endgame is thought off, and defined from the beginning. Believing that somehow performing democratic-style passes in a society that never had any hint of it, nor ever had any need of it, is totally naive and hopefully now at least, after so many futile attempts, disproven by experience. If there's no realistic endgame with clear strategy no need going there.

55 minutes ago, taxesanddeath said:

Every american want USA to get out. The problem is about how to get out. are you telling us that you are fine with the current situation?

Absolutely not. But it was inevitable and all that money and all those lives were wasted.

On 8/16/2021 at 5:42 AM, BubberMiley said:

Heckuva "peace agreement" with the Taliban. Trump's legacy is secured.

Trump had nothing to do with the fact that the withdrawal from Afghanistan is being bungled. Trump isn't a ME warmonger, he solved a few problems that existed when he came into power but he didn't create problems or start shit up. 

Biden's legacy is a hasty retreat (debacle), leaving behind all kinds of modern military equipment and ordnance for the terrorists to use against America and innocent civilians in the islamic east. For the second time now lol. 

It's like he forgot what happened when Obama & Biden did the exact same thing just ten years ago. (This is fairly basic but I'm sure that I need to explain this to you - the sudden power vacuum created by America's hasty troop withdrawal from Iraq resulted in a power vacuum, which paved the way for islamic state to go from nothing to a country that was in the top 100 on the planet in terms of land mass in just a few years. It was an out-of-control genocidal hellhole when Trump came into power, but he cleaned it up quicker than Obama started it.)

In all fairness to Biden, it's quite possible that he did forget what they did ten years ago, because Biden also forgot how to speak English in that span of time. 

On 8/16/2021 at 8:42 AM, BubberMiley said:

Heckuva "peace agreement" with the Taliban. Trump's legacy is secured.

The agreement was based on conditions.  If the Taliban didn’t abide by the conditions, why did bumbling demented Joe Biden go forward with the withdrawal?  I love how you cultists continue to try and blame Trump for Biden’s decision.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:35 AM, BubberMiley said:

But the exit was already in motion in spring 2020. Afghan forces fell apart then. (See extended timeline thread below.)

This is just like the border 'problem'.

It was already fixed by Trump before Biden got his hands on it: in April of 2020 there were 17,000 illegal immigrants, in April of 2021 there were 180,000 illegal immigrants.

That's just one example of how stupid Dems are, but the list is endless.

Trump's plan wasn't "No matter how aggressive the Taliban become or how much of a threat a hasty evacuation poses, we will just pull out troops and we won't even use airstrikes to slow down the progress of the Taliban". That's what Biden morphed it into.

Just a couple of days ago, Kamala was saying: "The withdrawal is dope. It's better than a riot where 20 stores get looted, a low-cost housing project gets burned down and a couple of cops get shot". Now she's out of the public eye until this blows over lol. 

FYI the Taliban were only this bold because knew that Biden was this feckless.

Al Qaeda is making a comeback now too. Last year no one wanted to claim leadership of terrorist groups, now those guys can do rap videos and advertise the time and location of their parties on FB. 

On 8/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, BubberMiley said:

Absolutely not. But it was inevitable and all that money and all those lives were wasted.

Of course it wasn't. It just needed to be dealt with by someone more competent than Biden and his "Critical Race Theory education is our most pressing need" generals. They needed to choose Winston Chruchill and Dwight Eisenhower types, not The Village People.

This is exactly the same as the border situation. 

Leftists thought that they knew best, and so they chose their people and made their own decisions, and now there are 200,000 people crossing the border every month instead of 17,000. The increase in crime and drugs is directly proportional to the number of people crossing. The cost of processing illegal aliens is also directly proportional. Kids are living in even worse conditions and there are 5x as many.

The border is a giant shit-show that only leftists could conjure up, just like the rise of islamic state, just like Benghazi, just like the debacle of Kabul, etc.

Leftists are stupid, they choose stupid leaders - play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

Biden's apologists have gone into silent mode now. 

They're waiting for him to do something awesome (like an executive order making it illegal for men to stand up to piss) before they get back onto the topic of the USA or the POTUS. 

It's hard to believe that just a years ago our neighbour was the exact same USA that fragged 200 Russian soldiers and killed Iran's top general, and suddenly they're changing their name to Americuck

Foreigner drug dealers control their southern border, their army ditched & ran from Afghanistan leaving all their high-tech weaponry and their citizens behind, they're ceding western Europe to Russian interests and their men get to compete against women now in sports.

Yay Biden! 

Edited by WestCanMan

There is only so much a powerful military can do because there are limits to where they can attack. Pakistan supports the Taliban but it's not realistic to take military action in that particular sh*thole country. World opinion would be against spreading the war beyond Afghanistan's borders so it looks like the Taliban will rule for a long time. It's almost impossible to defeat an enemy with all the time in the world on their hands. Ben Shapiro thinks it's likely the Harris/Biden administration will end up paying to get the thousands of remaining Americans out and will therefore be funding the Taliban.

Seems to me the best option would have been to keep a strong enough military presence(all civilized nations) in Afghanistan to basically keep the terrorists at bay. It is heartbreaking to know what's going to happen to the people once again under these bastards.

42 minutes ago, ironstone said:

It is heartbreaking to know what's going to happen to the people once again under these bastards.

“The West” should be responsible for what happens to them, at least in the short term. I hear there is a looming humanitarian crisis, food shortage. 

The USA is primarily responsible for what happens next. Doesn’t mean they will be held accountable of course. Where is NATO who started this, where is the UN? 

Who will fill that vacuum, that void if not... China!

Tsing Tao! Tsing Tao!

;) 

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

“The West” should be responsible for what happens to them, at least in the short term. I hear there is a looming humanitarian crisis, food shortage. 

I started a poll yesterday to see who thought that Trudeau would be sending aid to the Talis before the next election.

I was the only person who voted in the affirmative, but I have no doubt that Canadian money will get into Taliban hands from some reason or other before the election. It's just too "Trudeau" of a thing to do, I can't see him failing to jump on that particular soapbox. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I started a poll yesterday to see who thought that Trudeau would be sending aid to the Talis before the next election.

I was the only person who voted in the affirmative, but I have no doubt that Canadian money will get into Taliban hands from some reason or other before the election. It's just too "Trudeau" of a thing to do, I can't see him failing to jump on that particular soapbox. 

Well they’ve made their bed, somebody just needs to make them lie in it. They’ve goofed this up in so many ways. 

In the middle are ordinary Afghan people who are generally poor and poorly educated. I’m talking about the western government’s responsibility to them. They shouldnt be allowed to just walk away and not take heat.

Instead they excuse themselves with a lotta hoopla about the Taliban.

In case anyone forgets, the Taliban were already in charge of Afghanistan on Sept. 10 2001. But the country was like a lawless region akin to the wild wild west. You could set up a fortress there with your own paramilitary training camp and no one would give a crap.

It should also be noted that despite great effort by the west to bestow blessings of democracy upon the Afghanistan people, they subsequently voted in leaders whom were themselves supporters of the Taliban militia. Given the right to vote, they willingly elected Taliban representatives.

That’s why,

Demockracy, you say? A big joke in hell.

Not that I give much of a damn, scarlet. I just want to see some accountability. 

• Like 1