Trump Nominated fr Nobel Peace Prize

I got lost here...

What does any of this have to do with Trump being nominated for a Nobel peace price?

He brought Israel and the UAE together and that's good right? More peace rather than less, don't you think?

I guess you might think it a problem that some of the Arab states are starting to fear Iran more than they hate Israel and that might be what's really relaxing the tensions between some Arab states and Israel but it still feels like a net positive to me.

36 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

And hey, check this out:

Trump Announces Another Historic Middle East Peace Deal, With Israel And Bahrain

And I heard the new flights from UAE to Israel are allowed to fly over Saudi Arabia.

I imagine Hamas and Iran are pissed but what else is new.

He's working with Bosnia & Kosovo too.

He's doing a pretty good job of not starting wars and brokering peace deals for a huge racist, hey? Maybe they need more racists in the WH.

I'll give credit to Obama for the fact that Trump didn't inherit any wars, him and Trump can share the legacy that in Trump's first term there was probably the lowest number of US military deaths under any President in the last 100 years. 

I tried to google it but I could only find deaths per year and I'm not interested in doing math right now. Maybe I'll look later.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:25 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

What I champion is a peace settlement, and moving the US embassy to Jerusalem is the opposite

I suspect moving the embassy to Jerusalem was a significant event that may have helped Trump to negotiate, kinda like providing the Palestinians for a burnt offering. It may have been the very move that satisfied certain of the Jewish old-guard, the ones who run things, opening the door for concessions from them on certain other things. Once that starts to happen, ya got yer domino theory.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Most Germans were not members of the Nazi Party, nor should be blamed for the Holocaust.

However, if you were a Nazi supporter and/or voter and knew what they were doing to Jews, you should be.  The same is true for those who vote for Hamas.

Yeah...should have said 'that were' instead of 'while'...oh well. 

It doesn't change the fact that 'Oskar Schindler Was A Good Nazi' is a poor argument. Israel isn't going to sit down with terrorists anymore than they already have. There's nothing redeeming in talking to a group that wants you all dead by policy.

Only two groups directly involved in starting the war haven't settled with Israel...Syria...and the PLO/Hamas. Neither are in a position to make demands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

I suspect moving the embassy to Jerusalem was a significant event that may have helped Trump to negotiate, kinda like providing the Palestinians for a burnt offering. It may have been the very move that satisfied certain of the Jewish old-guard, the ones who run things, opening the door for concessions from them on certain other things. Once that starts to happen, ya got yer domino theory.

Turns out NOBODY likes the "Palestinian Cause" anymore. Nasser's blunder...and many are willing to leave it at that as long as they can get a taste of the gear Israel is getting...so here's a slick new F-35. Nice, huh? Handles well in the corners...smell that new plane smell. Not a Russian avionics gauge in sight....

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

It's possible.  Trump is a brilliant and ruthless negotiator.

13 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

You do realize the Arabs took Jerusalem by force.

Yes.  You also realize that Brits and France took aboriginal lands by force?  Does that mean you'll pack your bags or transfer all political authority to aboriginals when they ask for their ancestral lands back?  You're full of it.

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Yeah...should have said 'that were' instead of 'while'...oh well. 

It doesn't change the fact that 'Oskar Schindler Was A Good Nazi' is a poor argument. Israel isn't going to sit down with terrorists anymore than they already have. There's nothing redeeming in talking to a group that wants you all dead by policy.

Only two groups directly involved in starting the war haven't settled with Israel...Syria...and the PLO/Hamas. Neither are in a position to make demands.

Negotiating with terrorists is unacceptable I agree.  So is negotiating with a government that is building settlements in the West Bank illegally.  That's an act of war as much as firing rockets on civilians.

So here were are, 100+ years later.

8 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

And hey, check this out:

Trump Announces Another Historic Middle East Peace Deal, With Israel And Bahrain

And I heard the new flights from UAE to Israel are allowed to fly over Saudi Arabia.

I imagine Hamas and Iran are pissed but what else is new.

I think there's political calculus in this probably.  Israel wants him re-elected.  Middle east countries many probably do to, if he's not bombing them anymore or stealing oil.

The timing of this is no coincidence, i think Israel (Netanyahu) is helping set up these announcements before the election to help him win brownie points.

14 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Negotiating with terrorists is unacceptable I agree.  So is negotiating with a government that is building settlements in the West Bank illegally.  That's an act of war as much as firing rockets on civilians.

So here were are, 100+ years later.

Illegally according to whom? The Arabs? The Muslim controlled UN? Gee...perhaps they should get together and attack Israel again if it's so "illegal". Worked so well the last dozen times. Meanwhile, Poland STILL isn't being asked to hand back Danzig due to hurt feelings on the German side.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 9:10 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Muslim fundamentalists, now and then, are murdering savages.  Most Arabs living in Jerusalem are not Islamic fundamentalist ISIS members.  ISIS is the enemy, not your average Arab who just goes to work to feed their family like you and I.

ISIS members are not islamic fundamentalists. They don't follow the fundamentals.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:56 AM, Moonlight Graham said:

I don't favor either Israel nor Palestine in any way whatsoever.  I literally don't give a crap.

On 9/11/2020 at 7:32 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

and make it belonging to neither,

Then you favour Israel.

More like, make it belonging to US aka Israel. You favour Israel again.

Trump demonstrates that peace is better than the mexican standoff these people were in.

I like that he has cornered Iran, put them off their game, and that he showed them restraint. I like that he dropped John Bolton, and the reason why.

Looking further back, little rocket man has been so very quiet lately. 

He has reduced the risk of war, and may have even averted war, more than once.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marocc said:

ISIS members are not islamic fundamentalists. They don't follow the fundamentals.

Then you favour Israel.

More like, make it belonging to US aka Israel. You favour Israel again.

Sweet, i've been accused of favouring the Palestinians and the Israelis in this one thread.

Again, I literally don't care.  I have no skin in that game.  That conflict get WAAAAAAYYYY too much international attention anyways compared to other conflicts going on in the world.

You and Dog are so full of angst you're LOOKING for fight, you two are putting people on sides they don't even want to be on so you can attack.

Edited by Moonlight Graham