The federal government is apparently racist

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Here is the game: Either you are an idealist or a propagandist. I tend to believe you are an idealist which makes you a perfect propagandist. That video posted is no different than the pictures posted above. It has a better marketing that is true, the "racism" racket can afford it. How does all this help the individual in society to get up in the morning and be successful  ? What exactly are you proposing to fix this issue of "systemic racism", because pointing at a problem does not fix the actual problem. 

Edited by Independent1986
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

Here is the game: Either you are an idealist or a propagandist. I tend to believe you are an idealist which makes you a perfect propagandist. 

Well of course, that goes with the territory of being a commie right?  I'm actually sitting in a gulag being forced to troll you stupid running dogs.

What exactly are you proposing to fix this issue of "systemic racism", because pointing at a problem does not fix the actual problem.

Well at risk of putting to fine a point on it I'd propose we start by telling conservative right-wingers to stop being such pigheaded assholes about kicking and screaming every goddamn inch of the way.  I'm guessing that would only piss them off but...good. I often say it's past high time we bury our ideological hatchets in each other's heads and get past this ugly stupid place we're stuck in.  

So what is the solution ? Maybe you should start by not allowing your anger and BIAS cloud your rational thinking. Are you saying that every conservative and right winger is an asshole ? Let's skip over the non sense talk, what exactly you, eyeball will like society to do to address this problem, except "assholes conservatives" ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

So what is the solution ? Maybe you should start by not allowing your anger and BIAS cloud your rational thinking.

No I'm quite comfortable with my anger thank you.  I've discovered that anger can be a very useful emotion, applying it saved my life once in a situation that could have resulted in me dying if I hadn't summoned the strength that can come with anger. It was sorta like one of those moments when a mother lifts a car off the ground with one hand while pulling her kid out from under it with the other. 

Are you saying that every conservative and right winger is an asshole ? Let's skip over the non sense talk, what exactly you, eyeball will like society to do to address this problem, except "assholes conservatives" ?

I'm definitely saying most are assholes about being right-wingers.  Outlawing in-camera lobbying is my go-to cure-all and forcing politically frank discussion into the public sphere where it belongs. If that causes Trudeau to shrivel even more that's fine, I never voted for the idiot - can't stand the Liberals myself.  If it causes the dreaded right-wing backlash we've all being threatened with then that's good too. Shitting or getting off the pot was one of your guy's ideas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm quite certain you've heard them many many times but you never listen so...

In any case here's 8 specific things that I'm fairly certain apply in Canada and I'm just as certain they'll all be disavow and dismissed and ironically enough in a very systematic way.

https://www.raceforward.org/videos/systemic-racism

Part 1 of 8.

Watch 8 of your selected videos . . . be branded a racist, asshole, lazy, stupid, and told by you to STFU if no one watches these videos ?  Do everyone a favour and just list your 'proof' and be happy that you've educated everyone. Is there an Anger Management group in your neighborhood ?

27 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Watch 8 of your selected videos . . . be branded a racist, asshole, lazy, stupid, and told by you to STFU if no one watches these videos ? 

No, told to STFU if they choose to spew forth like they know what they're talking about when they don't. This thread was a full on display of ignorance until I posted the specifics everyone was bleating about, now it's a full on display of people sticking their fingers in their ignorant ears and screaming la la la at the top of their lungs. 

Do everyone a favour and just list your 'proof' and be happy that you've educated everyone.

Piss off and go read them and educate yourself you lazy fucker.

Is there an Anger Management group in your neighborhood ?

I was actually talking about my anger with a councillor just the other day.  She thinks my report sleeplessness was a big red flag.  Maybe years of working really long hours often fishing around the clock screwed up my ability to sleep.  I never had much use for know it all deckhands either back in the day.

Edited by eyeball

Give an example of systemic racism in the US or Canada or anywhere? The fact you ask such a question means you deny it exists. Otherwise it means you are so stupid you do not know what the Indian Act id?Which is it Shady. You really need someone to give you an example?

Edited to remove unintended personal remarks.

Edited by Rue

The title of the thread denies systemic racism in federal government.  Does anyone think Argus or anyone who denies such a premises is interested in acknowledging it? Does Shady really want a lesson on the Indian Act and why it continues?  Of course not. 

This thread is spill over from reactions to Floyd.

Edited by Rue

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

Outlawing in-camera lobbying.

I already said to you I agree with this. Now I want to know exactly what do you propose to fight against systemic racism however at the same time ensuring not going all the way to the affirmative action sphere. Although the more I think about it, there should be affirmative action for some jobs, policing for example.

I will love to hear this from someone affected by systemic racism, a real life scenario so I can understand where the other person is coming from. Where exactly is the issue ? Hiring ? Training ? The attitude of the people around ? What exactly needs to be done so everyone feels comfortable ? 

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

Fuck off...you didn't even click on the video I did post.

You should be more than able to explain your argument.  Everyone else here is able to.  Please give one example of systemic racism in Canada today.  It really shouldn’t be like pulling teeth with you.

You don't actually have to watch the videos. I tried a couple. I saw what I expected. You've already heard the arguments.

Some of us have heard the counter-arguments. Lack of agency, Fatherless homes, Democrat maneuvering to create a voter plantation by creating a dependency of the weaker element of the culture on Democrat gifts. I imagine there's more. 

Here's the categories of the videos pretending they prove systematic racism of blacks. As I said, you most likely already know the arguments to most of them. 

Wealth Gap, Employment, Housing, Government Surveillance, Incarceration, Drug arrests, Immigration, Infant mortality

Edited by Infidel Dog

The videos are all really short. They might be worth checking out to give you an example of the kind of lame arguments you'll be facing when you ask for an example of systemic racism. 

Would you like a 'for instance?'

And it might be just be me and a kind of ideological bigotry against progressive cucks but aren't these people delivering the videos total cringe?

I watched the first few seconds of both the guy and the woman and just went 'i-hhhhh...' with a shiver right down to my gut.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

The videos are all really short. They might be worth checking out to give you an example of the kind of lame arguments you'll be facing when you ask for an example of systemic racism. 

Would you like a 'for instance?'

And it might be just me and a kind of ideological bigotry against progressive cucks but aren't these people delivering the videos total cringe?

I watched the first few seconds of both the guy and the woman and just went 'i-hhhhh...' with a shiver right down to my gut.

Yeah that video is just an open-ended insult without any actual proof of anything.

Is he saying that there is a huge amount of illegal white people in the US? I think we're supposed to assume that. Are we supposed to assume that they don't get kicked out as well? 

I'm assuming he doesn't have stats on that, or he'd say something. After all, he's supposedly trying to make a point. No one makes a point by saying "just assume that I made a point" unless they know that they're just preaching to the choir.

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

If you're to lazy to do so you're bound to remain stupid and as such you should just STFU too.

And how many of the videos posted by conservatives here have you watched, big mouth? None, I'm guessing.

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

Well of course, that goes with the territory of being a commie right?  I'm actually sitting in a gulag being forced to troll you stupid running dogs.

Well at risk of putting to fine a point on it I'd propose we start by telling conservative right-wingers to stop being such pigheaded assholes about kicking and screaming every goddamn inch of the way.  I'm guessing that would only piss them off but...good. I often say it's past high time we bury our ideological hatchets in each other's heads and get past this ugly stupid place we're stuck in.  

Of course this is a right wing conservative problem, and yet for the past 6 years the liberals have been in charge what progress have they made in tackling this issue, and while we are at it, what contributions have the NDP or green party made, zero is my guess.. My point is this entire issue is not about one party, it's about Canada and everything that makes it up, people, policies, constitutions, broken promises to native's,  history, attitudes, and thats just the surface.....and pointing fingers is not going to solve jack shit , except get more finger pointing back....your not the solution but part of the problem...stop using the leftist canceled culture to get your point across, yelling your right and we are wrong is getting you where, exactly... 

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

I already said to you I agree with this. Now I want to know exactly what do you propose to fight against systemic racism however at the same time ensuring not going all the way to the affirmative action sphere. Although the more I think about it, there should be affirmative action for some jobs, policing for example.

I meant it when I said I regard penetrating official secrecy to the greatest extent possible a cure-all for many ills affecting our society.

I will love to hear this from someone affected by systemic racism, a real life scenario so I can understand where the other person is coming from. Where exactly is the issue ? Hiring ? Training ? The attitude of the people around ? What exactly needs to be done so everyone feels comfortable ?

So I take you couldn't be bothered to listen to the videos I posted on systemic racism either. In any case its systemic authoritarianism that should be the real goal.  I agree with you 100% that authoritarianism really sucks but you keep saying I espouse ideals that will inevitably put us on the fastest track to authoritarianism so...you seem like a complete loon when you keep saying shit like that.  I suppose total public awareness could give rise to a new unforeseen dystopia but no one has spelled out how other than to suggest society will come unglued in the face of frank discussions between powerful influential people and interests.  Okay, but that's the whole freakin' point! 

This is not left or right. The fact is every human has biases intentional and unintentional which can lead to selective treatment perceived as unfair. I  think the videos are far too subjective to be effective. I hate the word systemic. It is a meaningless word. Anything with more than 1 is systemic. I cringe when I hear it. 

I have to go back to anyone who claims discrimination to identify it and then explain what they would do to address it. That would be helpful.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rue said:

I hate the word systemic. It is a meaningless word. Anything with more than 1 is systemic. I cringe when I hear it. 

You know what ?  You are RIGHT.  Anyway, 'systemic' makes it sounds like 'systematic' or that the system is designed to harm people.  Maybe 'cultural' is the better word.  

In any case, I'm going to try to NOT use that word, it's dumb.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You know what ?  You are RIGHT.  Anyway, 'systemic' makes it sounds like 'systematic' or that the system is designed to harm people.  Maybe 'cultural' is the better word.  

In any case, I'm going to try to NOT use that word, it's dumb.

Good point.  People really need to find a more apt term than systemic.  Because systemic doesn’t apply to anything in our current system of governance.

5 minutes ago, Shady said:

Good point.  People really need to find a more apt term than systemic.  Because systemic doesn’t apply to anything in our current system of governance.

Your statement so sweeping that it's likely false.  The 'system' undoubtedly has some racist things in it, and I'm sure even you would agree... for example if you felt (as you probably do) that affirmative action is part of the system.

That said, a system is a bunch of neutral components intended to achieve some goal.  Those who designed it may have been working under flawed assumptions but just because a racist made the bicycle, doesn't mean the bicycle is racist.