Wet Got Bigger Problems Than George Floyd

Guest ProudConservative

On 6/1/2020 at 6:44 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. I can take this example back to you - why don't people complain that people are shot in their pajamas too often ?  Maybe because it's not perceived as something that happens so often that it's a problem.

I've been calling for better police training for years. That is the core of the problem with police killing people they shouldn't be.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:44 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Which racial group should get the luxury of being over sensitive about their people getting murdered, do you think ?

Oversensitive should not equal rioting, looting and arson.

I sometimes get the impression that some don't know what I mean by media "race-baiting." Might as well offer up an example:

On Monday, CBS This Morning lined up so-called “experts” on race relations to accuse “white Americans” of being “taught” to have “contempt for black life” and that racism was like “dust in the air,” something “ingrained in our society.” The nasty blanket statements were treated as objective fact rather than radical declarations.

“After the death of George Floyd, we’re taking a look at the history of the fear of black men in American society and how it often ends in violence against them,” co-host Gayle King announced as she introduced a segment in the 8:00 a.m. ET hour. The headline on-screen blared: “History of Fear; Experts Explain Why Some Conflate Blackness With Crime.”

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/06/02/cbs-news-claims-white-americans-have-contempt-for-black-life/

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2020 at 9:35 AM, Boges said:

This narrative that white people are killed at a higher percentage is a red herring. Even if it was relevant, it should just bolster the idea that Cops are just trigger happy thugs and their authority needs to be checked. 

That is not the narrative anyone should be having. It takes more than twice as much training to be a hairdresser than to be a cop. That is what people should be talking about. They should be talking about the kind of training police have, training which lacks de-escalation, which tells them to use their firearm as their primary solution to any peceived threat, and to always, always be aware that threats are everywhere. Their own training tells them to push someone down onto the ground on their chest and kneel on them to get them under control. And it often doesn't stress enough the dangers of positional asphyxiation. And even if it does a lack of regular retraining causes them to forget or loose sight of the danger, especially during high stress moments.

I think when Whitey, in all his/her privilege says that a POC's fear when they encounter police is statistically unfounded, they're not being helpful. 

And I think the attitude of Black people when they encounter police these days is driven by a sense of anger, which in turn is driven by media and activist narratives that police are racist and hate black people.

We have two incidents of outright murder of POCs at the hands of police. (George Floyd and Breonna Taylor) 

Neither was outright murder. Both were accidents and the result of poor police training. The police were not even shooting at Taylor.

Show the example of an innocent white person being murdered by the police that somehow minimizes the outrage of such events. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2019/07/31/you-re-gonna-kill-me-dallas-police-body-cam-footage-reveals-the-final-minutes-of-tony-timpa-s-life/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/12/08/graphic-video-shows-daniel-shaver-sobbing-and-begging-officer-for-his-life-before-2016-shooting/

Why are Right-Wing talking heads more outraged that a Target got looted than a man getting choked out over 9 minutes or a front-line worker getting murdered in her own home?

How long do you expect mature people to be outraged? A day? A week? A month? It was a pathetic example of poor policing, but certainly no worse than that of Daniel Shaver or Tony Timpa or Justine Damond or Andrew Finch. All completely innocent white people killed by incompetent police. Maybe I should turn the question around and ask why liberals are outraged to the point of frothing at the mouth over the death of a black man but shrugged off the similar or worse killings of white people.

On 6/1/2020 at 10:38 AM, Boges said:

Well he was charged with 2nd Degree murder. 

Third degree, a year later. Liberals were screeching in fury because the cop in this case wasn't charged for several days.

On 6/1/2020 at 10:38 AM, Boges said:

The George Floyd killer wasn't even charged with 2nd Degree Murder. 

BTW, I remember this was news. It speaks to the same problem. 

Yes, and the problem is not racism. There is no indication racism even played a role in this incident. The problem is police training, which almost no one is even talking about. Giving police more sensitivity and cultural awareness training is not going to help a bloody thing.

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

Third degree, a year later. Liberals were screeching in fury because the cop in this case wasn't charged for several days.

Yes, and the problem is not racism. There is no indication racism even played a role in this incident. The problem is police training, which almost no one is even talking about. Giving police more sensitivity and cultural awareness training is not going to help a bloody thing.

Sorry but Whitey saying it's not about racism is irrelevant. 

If POC feel they're unfairly targeted by the police, it's not helpful to tell them they're wrong.

Don't worry that you just got pulled you over because you drive a nice car in a white neighbourhood, wasn't racist, he was just really shitty at his job. 

And even it it wasn't about race, protesting police abuses is a noble venture, because it happens all the time. 

Edited by Boges

Race riots of the Floyd variety aren't really about racism. They're about race-baiting and race-baiting is done with lies. Chief among those lies is the idea that blacks are victimized by a special and unequal sort of systematic persecution. That's a lie. It needs to be defeated. Facts are the first line of defence. Blacks are responsible for vastly more crime than any other race in America. It's reasonable to expect them to get a proportional police reaction to their increased criminal activity. More than double the amount of whites are killed by police than Blacks. That's not proportional to blacks 12% demographic but because blacks are responsible for vastly more crime and therefore seeing more police the stat more than evens out. Blacks aren't being inordinately or unreasonably persecuted by police as a race. And I'll keep stating  that fact no matter how much it bothers some white guy who thinks it's clever to call me "Whitey."

Edited by Infidel Dog

On 6/1/2020 at 10:51 AM, Michael Hardner said:

This is being shared now, and is the prevailing perception among African Canadians (I am assuming "we" means Canadians).  It's all well and good to ask people to "look at the data" but as I said, that is a good way to tell someone to f*** off.  I know because I do it constantly.

You realize this is simply propaganda, right? Designed to make people - specifically liberals and blacks angry? It wouldn't be hard to find reversals of this given the ridiculous incompetence of the American judicial system.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Sorry but Whitey saying it's not about racism is irrelevant. 

If POC feel they're unfairly targeted by the police, it's not helpful to tell them they're wrong.

And you think it IS helpful to confirm them in their mistaken, paranoid belief?

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Don't worry that you just got pulled you over because you drive a nice car in a white neighbourhood, wasn't racist, he was just really shitty at his job. 

How about maybe black America worries that it's people are responsible for most of the crime which draws police. How about Black America wonder why 74% of the shootings in New York are by Blacks.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

And even it it wasn't about race, protesting police abuses is a noble venture, because it happens all the time. 

It's been seven days of rioting. How much rioting does your bleeding heart want? Is a month enough? Do you want to disband the police? Will that do it? How about just going out and finding some black people, getting on your knees in front of them, and slitting your wrists in hopes of forgiveness for our racist world? What's it gonna take for you to relieve yourself of this terrible white guilt trip you're on?

On 5/31/2020 at 5:00 PM, Rue said:

Your words evidence racist expression of the worst kind. When a tragedy happens like a fly to shit  you are there making slurs about all blacks using the tragedy as an opportunity to pass off your racist hatred as political opinion. Your words are vile filth. To write them exhibits what you have to offer,  with those words, bitterness, hatred

My words say it as it is which is something that you seem to have a problem with. I did not say anything racist or showing any kind of hatred in what i said. It is just your ilk that always tries to make white guys like me that have an opinion and point of view that differs to yours are somehow always just a bunch of white racists and haters for daring to question anything. I did say that I have to wonder as to where Al Sharpton and Reverend Jackson are on all of the thousands of murders that blacks do to other blacks in America every year. Why are there no demonstrations against all those thousands of murders being committed by blacks on blacks. I am not saying that what this cop did was right, it was a big mistake on his part to have done what he did and he will pay for what he did big time. The white cop is now being charged with the murder of a black man, and rightly so. 

It just appears to me to be so hypocritical of black people going all ape over some white cop killing another black man but could careless about the thousands of murders of black on black murders every year. There are a few killings of black people by white cops every year but that can not be compared to the number of black people being shot and killed by other black people. That is not saying anything racist at all. It is the bloody truth. 

Is it now being racist for saying that most of those demonstrations have now been used as an excuse to commit riots and looting which was mostly being committed by black people. Why would those black people do such a horrible thing while other black people were grieving over the death of Floyd? It sure looks to me like some black people only wanted to loot and riot rather than show any solidarity for the death of Floyd. But saying all of that must now make me a racist and hater for saying it like it is, eh Mr. TDS man? ;)

On 5/30/2020 at 7:07 PM, Army Guy said:

It was 4 asshole cops, all had a role to play, they are as guilty as the guy that deliberately killed  Floyd only one cop in the bunch asked him to let up but he did not force the idea did he........ that is telling, how many complaints for excessive force, and others incidents are on this officers file....almost 20, thats telling that this is not a one person thing or one bad cop, this clearly shows there is a problem with the entire force....and it's culture... How many jobs out there give you 20 strikes or more, without any really corrective action that had any effect.........and not just in this city , but across the their country and ours.. And why was an investigation not started immediately, starting with an arrest......why did it take a riot that burned burn the police station and a lot of other buildings in the city....before people in charge took notice.....and decided they should do something before they burn it all down....see they did not give a rats ass about Floyd and that he died at the hands of one of their officers....I mean he the officer already had 20 strikes against him....it took the riot for people to take notice...

I wonder how much this is going to cost not only that city, but all the damage caused by these protests....all because some cops did not or could not take control and force the other officer to act within the law....

Yes there are more than a few that are taking advantage of the situation....but what is going to take to get positive action taken....think this is going to change the cop culture, or cops on power trips....this is already old news and we will be on to something new in a few days....the only ones that will not forget is Floyds relatives and friends...until the next death and next riot....

So, does the many killings of white people by cops bother you at all? It has happened plenty of times in America where plenty of white people have been killed or may be have even murdered by cops but no one seems to care. We never see any demonstrations over any white people being killed by a cop. No doubt some were shot while not producing anything at all that could endanger a cops life in any way. I can believe that some white people were murdered by some white and maybe even a black cop. 

The riots and looting's were allowed to continue on because the democratic governors and democratic mayors did nothing to try and stop the riots and looting's. Instead of doing what they are paid to do which is to protect the people and their property, they instead do what all democrats do? Continue to show that they do not give a dam about anybody nor anyone's property. Trump offered to send in the troops to help quell and end the looting and the riots but they refused Trump's help. Their reason for that no doubt is that they did not want to give any credit to Trump for being there to try and help in anyway to end the riots and the looting's that they should have ended days ago. Their idea is to just let their city's burn down rather than take any offer from Trump. They cannot ever allow to try to make Trump look good and themselves bad. I hope those democrats will pay a heavy price at the polls in November. Works for me. ;)

22 minutes ago, taxme said:

So, does the many killings of white people by cops bother you at all? It has happened plenty of times in America where plenty of white people have been killed or may be have even murdered by cops but no one seems to care. We never see any demonstrations over any white people being killed by a cop. No doubt some were shot while not producing anything at all that could endanger a cops life in any way. I can believe that some white people were murdered by some white and maybe even a black cop. 

The riots and looting's were allowed to continue on because the democratic governors and democratic mayors did nothing to try and stop the riots and looting's. Instead of doing what they are paid to do which is to protect the people and their property, they instead do what all democrats do? Continue to show that they do not give a dam about anybody nor anyone's property. Trump offered to send in the troops to help quell and end the looting and the riots but they refused Trump's help. Their reason for that no doubt is that they did not want to give any credit to Trump for being there to try and help in anyway to end the riots and the looting's that they should have ended days ago. Their idea is to just let their city's burn down rather than take any offer from Trump. They cannot ever allow to try to make Trump look good and themselves bad. I hope those democrats will pay a heavy price at the polls in November. Works for me. ;)

I think you misunderstood my post, no where did I mention color, race, creed, this guy could have been green with purple warts on his junk, it would still have been murder, and their is still a problem in the police culture as a whole. The looters and other asses out to do as much destruction as they can, Yes they too should feel the full weight of the law...

Sending in the troops is not the answer, all it will accomplish is taking the hate which is now centered on the cops (for good reason) and transfer that to the military... Much like OKA did....This mess was created by the cops and should be owned by the cops , they can fix it.... besides this is not a military problem, and the military does not spend much time training for this type of action, things could go bad very quickly....for both sides...

19 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Bull, the action taken against those cops was as quick as possible.  Unless there's smoking gun, an investigation has to be done.  The president had given the case to the FBI and DOJ immediately.  Besides, it's been 4 nights since the arrest.  You have to be a fool to think any of this destruction and looting is about George Floyd.

It isn't anymore, it can't be as the guy is up on charges.  Someone is helping organize and leaving piles of bricks around, fanning the flames of insurrection and chaos.    They used to shoot looters. 

It's not often one sees such blatant thieving criminality and without an ounce of shame, in broad daylight. Watching this criminal behaviour is particularly shocking because these people are so seemingly unaware of what morality is, that they are capable of repeating this action and possibly worse crime, with no sense that they have done anything wrong.  They seem to think it's okay to kill a black police officer, beat up women and men trying to defend their businesses, torch a house with children inside

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/dallas-man-beaten-machete-riot-store

https://www.kmov.com/news/retired-st-louis-police-captain-david-dorn-murdered-by-a-looter-outside-pawn-shop/article_327ce1e4-a4a9-11ea-8b67-ff8a3d5d9ab4.html

who will protest in his name, cos you know - black lives matter

Senseless brutality

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Argus said:

Yes.  And it’s also police unions which protect bad officers, but nobody wants to talk about that either.  It’s easier to yell raaaaaacist!

3 minutes ago, Shady said:

Yes.  And it’s also police unions which protect bad officers, but nobody wants to talk about that either.  It’s easier to yell raaaaaacist!

It's the job of unions to protect their officers. The problem is that the municipalities allow them too much power because granting that in a negotiation is, they think, easier and cheaper than other demands.

14 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Wonder what Antifa means by this

They were waiting for an incident like this to happen and used it to trip the switch. Get the people outraged to the point they are furious. It was just a matter of time before the next black person got killed on video.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Argus said:

You realize this is simply propaganda, right? Designed to make people - specifically liberals and blacks angry? It wouldn't be hard to find reversals of this given the ridiculous incompetence of the American judicial system.

The media likes to gaslight? Say it ain't so!

Edited by New World Disorder

Rex Murphy injecting just a bit of sanity into the pompous virtue signalling of our Canada-hating Liberals.

Rex Murphy: Canada is not a racist country, despite what the Liberals say

To any fair mind, Canada is a mature, welcoming, open-minded and generous country. It would be helpful if these Liberals kept the full story of this country in mind when discussing racism

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-canada-is-not-a-racist-country-despite-what-the-liberals-say

• Like 2

Oh, well guess what? It seems George Floyd's death was not just from being held down. He was also high on fentanyl and meth at the time. Which would also explain why they were fighting with him in the back of the car and had to drag him out again to wait for a paddy wagon. He didn't strangle or suffocate after all.

Floyd died due to "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restrain, and neck compression," according to the report.

It also specified "other significant conditions," including fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use as well as existing heart disease.

In charging documents released last week, prosecutors said that preliminary results from an autopsy "revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation."

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867219130/george-floyd-independent-autopsy-homicide-by-asphyxia