Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Apparently this is all about freeing up space for a mere 1200-1500 beds, according to Moore. How pathetic that they could not provide resources to add them. I know for fact that the hospital in my area closed 400 beds in the past 20 years. That’s one hospital in small town.

Maybe instead of Trudeau spending a billion dollars on useless vaccine passport enforcement, he should be allocating that money to improve hospitals.

I think he will go down in Canadian political history as the most damaging and power-grubbing PM we've ever had.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Boges said:

I suspect you'll be voting for the NDP in June. 

Let's not forget history. Who is Mr. Ford? How did he manage to rise from no political experience or background whatsoever, to usurp the position of leadership of the Ontario PC party, a mere two months before an election in which there was virtually no question the new premier would be a PC?

Furthermore, is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?

I dunno. Is this the rise of a political superstar, the Muhammad Ali of Ontario politics,

or is it just the roper-dope?

You decide.

Edited by OftenWrong

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Let's not forget history. Who is Mr. Ford? How did he manage to rise from no political experience or background whatsoever, to usurp the position of leadership of the Ontario PC party, a mere two months before an election in which there was virtually no question the new premier would be a PC?

Furthermore, is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?

I dunno. Is this the rise of a political superstar, the Muhammad Ali of Ontario politics,

or is it just the roper-dope?

You decide.

He's doing fine comparatively. 

Quebec is back in curfew. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

He's doing fine comparatively. 

Quebec is back in curfew. 

Forget Quebec, you are deflecting. The point is, it’s about good leadership, not which party. I’ll take a Layton over a Ford, that’s for sure.

Then I’ll know ON has a premier who at least knows about public service, not just how to sell hash from a basement in Scarboro.

One who knows how to fund critical social services, not pay less to health care workers during a public emergency.

One who is not primarily in the pocket of motorcycle gangs.

16 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Forget Quebec, you are deflecting. The point is, it’s about good leadership, not which party. I’ll take a Layton over a Ford, that’s for sure.

Then I’ll know ON has a premier who at least knows about public service, not just how to sell hash from a basement in Scarboro.

One who knows how to fund critical social services, not pay less to health care workers during a public emergency.

One who is not primarily in the pocket of motorcycle gangs.

Layton never had leadership. He also wasn't a Provincial leader. 

Ford doesn't want to do these lockdowns, but he knows that he stands to lose more politically to allow the Healthcare system to collapse. 

Omicron is a different animal. Unquestionably it's far less severe than Delta and other variants. The crisis is not that people are getting seriously sick, all at once. It's that everyone is getting mildly sick all at once. 

Nurses and Doctors are going home sick because they're testing positive. Short of having a reserve corp of Nurses to fill in only when a virus like this hits, I'm not sure what could have been done. 

15 minutes ago, Boges said:

Layton never had leadership. He also wasn't a Provincial leader. 

Ford doesn't want to do these lockdowns, but he knows that he stands to lose more politically to allow the Healthcare system to collapse. 

I would not disparage Layton in favour of Ford. And yes of course he was a federali, it's not the point here.

Omicron is a different animal. Unquestionably it's far less severe than Delta and other variants. The crisis is not that people are getting seriously sick, all at once. It's that everyone is getting mildly sick all at once. 

Nurses and Doctors are going home sick because they're testing positive. Short of having a reserve corp of Nurses to fill in only when a virus like this hits, I'm not sure what could have been done. 

Excuses. Ford harmed ON health care with his pay cuts for the front line workers, while hospital executives remain secure in their opulent towers, picking their teeth and belch after a very fine lunch.

But hey, it's not your job to come up with a solution, just to pay. Pay your taxes for them. It hardly affects you.

Have 'nuther snifter of that brandy from that cask Amontillado!

;)

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

I would not disparage Layton in favour of Ford. And yes of course he was a federali, it's not the point here.

Excuses. Ford harmed ON health care with his pay cuts for the front line workers, while hospital executives remain secure in their opulent towers, picking their teeth and belch after a very fine lunch.

But hey, it's not your job to come up with a solution, just to pay. Pay your taxes for them. It hardly affects you.

;)

I look forward to see you advocate for a party that wants to raise taxes this June. 

I believe the capping of the pay came from the previous Liberal government. So there's that. 

38 minutes ago, Boges said:

I look forward to see you advocate for a party that wants to raise taxes this June.

Why would I advocate for increases because of CRB, which is inevitable now no matter which party gets in next? I never supported this plan. Too much money was given away frivolously.

I even heard organized crime was cashing in on it, and money was sent to non-Canadians, even in other countries. Don't hold your breath waiting for the investigation on that. Just pay, little man. Pay, pay.

I believe the capping of the pay came from the previous Liberal government. So there's that. 

Is that what you believe? Must be comforting...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5356149/ontario-public-sector-wage-increases-cap/

Edited by OftenWrong

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Why would I advocate for increases because of CRB, which is inevitable now no matter which party gets in next? I never supported this plan. Too much money was given away frivolously.

I even heard organized crime was cashing in on it, and money was sent to non-Canadians, even in other countries. Don't hold your breath waiting for the investigation on that. Just pay, little man. Pay, pay.

Isn't that a Federal initiative? I'm sure you don't really have any practical methods for funnelling all money used to keep people financially solvent during shutdowns to prop up Healthcare. 

I suppose it's a fine idea, in theory. ?

Edited by Boges

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

Isn't that a Federal initiative? I'm sure you don't really have any practical methods for funnelling all money used to keep people financially solvent during shutdowns to prop up Healthcare. 

I suppose it's a fine idea, in theory. ?

Mismanagement of health care in ON and the ROC did not happen overnight. They want to run hospitals like a Walmart, with "Just-in-time" inventory. Except the commodity is your ass.

Continuation of a Liberal policy.

So what, this is about now.

It (policy) is being cited as the main reason health care workers have left the system. Unfortunately it is largely the more senior staff who are close to retirement that are walking out, creating s major issue with training of younger nurses. Their training system relies on mentorship.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Mismanagement of health care in ON and the ROC did not happen overnight. They want to run hospitals like a Walmart, with "Just-in-time" inventory. Except the commodity is your ass.

So what, this is about now.

It (policy) is being cited as the main reason health care workers have left the system. Unfortunately it is largely the more senior staff who are close to retirement that are walking out, creating s major issue with training of younger nurses. Their training system relies on mentorship.

Your new name is OftenLiberal. 

So Del Duca or Horvath? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

;)

You may not agree with Ford’s approach, especially with this latest lockdown.  But an NDP or Liberal government would mean longer more restrictive lockdowns, and more restrictions when not in lockdown.  I certainly don’t agree with his latest decisions.  But unfortunately, it’s either him, or somebody much worse.

5 hours ago, Shady said:

You may not agree with Ford’s approach, especially with this latest lockdown.  But an NDP or Liberal government would mean longer more restrictive lockdowns, and more restrictions when not in lockdown.  I certainly don’t agree with his latest decisions.  But unfortunately, it’s either him, or somebody much worse.

Oh I know there is no alternative on this issue and there are even worse covid nazis howling in the wings.  Only the PPC has taken a different stance, but they’re relegated to lunatic fringe by media. It doesnt help that the party founder has a bit too big mouth and made himself look unpalatable to ordinary Canadians. In other words, maybe they’re a little TOO different.

So regardless which party it is, there needs to be a capable leader, one who’s truly interested in the public service. Not some ideologically bent opportunist.

20 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

Have they released the data on this metric yet?

Not, as far as I can tell. We've had reports that this is clearly what's happening. 

Thought the ICU number is steadily rising as well. You'd like to think they are only reporting someone in ICU with COVID, because they have COVID.

If it comes out that they're also finding people in an ICU for Trauma "with" COVID and reporting it as a "due to" COVID, that would be a travesty. 

6 hours ago, Boges said:

If it comes out that they're also finding people in an ICU for Trauma "with" COVID and reporting it as a "due to" COVID, that would be a travesty. 

Patrick Brown (Brampton Mayor) was calling for this data last week and they said they would start reporting on it shortly. Maybe this week

Says Ontario wants to hire back the fired and quit unvaccinated health care workers:

Ontario considered forcing hospitals to rehire unvaccinated staff due to surging case numbers

Further on:
The OHA warned the government not to interfere, saying such a policy could make the staffing crisis worse

Crisis? What crisis?

Oh, you mean the one that we self-created by implementing stupid management policies? That's just peachy, Mr. Health Minister. Mr. Chairman of the advisory... Dr. Health Advisor, Big Poppa Doc. How about a little infighting. You, me, no you, no me. Me.

Better yet, here is my question to all ye Candians: Why do these people even still have jobs?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Says Ontario wants to hire back the fired and quit unvaccinated health care workers:

Ontario considered forcing hospitals to rehire unvaccinated staff due to surging case numbers

Further on:
The OHA warned the government not to interfere, saying such a policy could make the staffing crisis worse

Crisis? What crisis?

Oh, you mean the one that we self-created by implementing stupid management policies? That's just peachy, Mr. Health Minister. Mr. Chairman of the advisory... Dr. Health Advisor, Big Poppa Doc. How about a little infighting. You, me, no you, no me. Me.

Better yet, here is my question to all ye Candians: Why do these people even still have jobs?

Firing unvaccinated people was always arbitrary, fascistic, and unethical.  Most of our societal conflict and hardship can be traced to Covid mandates and restrictions. Remove them all, including testing and screening, and watch the staffing shortages disappear.  I doubt we’d see a rise in Omicron deaths if our public health authorities got back into the business of healing very sick people instead of trying to maintain their tyranny over every aspect of life in the futile attempt to disinfect society from Omicron.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Shady said:

The data is out.  46% of hospitalizations in Ontario are with covid not because of covid.  That’s kind of a big deal isn’t it?  And so far, it’s 17% non-covid in ICUs vs 83% because of covid.

I wonder if they will re-do the hospitalizations by vaccine status with these cases removed. 

16 hours ago, Shady said:

The data is out.  46% of hospitalizations in Ontario are with covid not because of covid.  That’s kind of a big deal isn’t it?  And so far, it’s 17% non-covid in ICUs vs 83% because of covid.

The ICU numbers keep going up though. 

We can hope and pray that we're close to a peak on these numbers. 

AND that staffing shortages will work themselves out. 

The UK seems on the downside of their peak already. Our cases are going down too, but testing has been limited.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

The ICU numbers keep going up though. 

We can hope and pray that we're close to a peak on these numbers. 

AND that staffing shortages will work themselves out. 

The UK seems on the downside of their peak already. Our cases are going down too, but testing has been limited.

I suspect that we are either at the peak, or we should get to it within the next 5-7 days.  Cases seem to trending down the last 7+ days, but it will probably be another week before hospitalizations and ICUs start to as well.

1 minute ago, Shady said:

I suspect that we are either at the peak, or we should get to it within the next 5-7 days.  Cases seem to trending down the last 7+ days, but it will probably be another week before hospitalizations and ICUs start to as well.

I'm a big believer in energies.

The highest vibration always wins.  Stay positive, awake & aware and on course and we can all be victorious over the power and money grubbers.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Goddess said:

I'm a big believer in energies.

The highest vibration always wins.  Stay positive, awake & aware and on course and we can all be victorious over the power and money grubbers.

Well, today the number of people in Ontario ICUs went down, for the first time in probably a month.  Hopefully it’s the beginning of a trend.