Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Social Distancing, I think it'd be irresponsible to cram 300+ people into a room right now, if not illegal. 

They read the pertinent national stats and rationale. I think that's all people want to hear right now. We all know what we're supposed to do.  We want to know where we stand. 

Now that's something Trump doesn't do, because it's mostly bad news in US. He just fights with reporters for not asking nice questions. 

Nobody has said all should be there, that's Trudeau lying again.  he just wants to hide and avoid questions

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rue said:

You now try back flip  claiming Trump is a criminal

Get back to me when you're capable of acknowledging the difference between a claim and an opinion.

Oh and btw, I'll need to see actual proof that your claim to being a professor isn't just your opinion.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Please explain exactly what you think all the officials from Trump's administration at the WHO were doing when it was giving the world as you said the worst advice possible?

How would I know what officials at the WHO were doing while they weren't investigating or monitoring in China? What difference does it make?  

Tedros met with Xi, regurgitated his lies, and not much else was done by the WHO. That's why Americans were asking  to get their scientists in there to "help", or investigate.

And FYI, you still have a whole post to reply to. Instead you dodged, as usual.

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

How would I know what officials at the WHO were doing while they weren't investigating or monitoring in China? What difference does it make? 

Trump would know what they were doing, they were his officials after all.  Perhaps try explaining the difference between what you and Trump are saying about the WHO and what the Washington Post has reported Trumps officials were saying.  Did you read the WP articles I linked to?

And FYI, you still have a whole post to reply to. Instead you dodged, as usual.

One thing at a time, you still haven't addressed the WP articles...in fact no one has touched them with a 10 foot pole.  

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

Anyone else appreciate certain Murikans willingness to grant this virus's ability to effectively cull our herd?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/far-right-coronavirus-protests-restrictions

Let's just hope they don't require too much medical attention on their way out. 

They are not part of the Kanaduh herd....and never want to be.

40 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Trump would know what they were doing, they were his officials after all.  Perhaps try explaining the difference between what you and Trump are saying about the WHO and what the Washington Post has reported Trumps officials were saying.  Did you read the WP articles I linked to?

One thing at a time, you still haven't addressed the WP articles...in fact no one has touched them with a 10 foot pole.  

You honestly think I have a paid subscription to WashPo? I guess I should have told you that I don't own a bird.

I can see their title about "Trump telling a murderous lie". That's it. And just remember, this is coming from the rag that got sued by a high school kid for defamation. 

What did the nasty, known-to-be-liars liberal rag say that got you in a tizzy eyeball? 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

Canada wants to see America get back to normal. I think this Natural Selection strategy may be just the thing they need. 

Very selfless on the freedom crowd. 

Canada is way too dependent on the American economy and market....better learn your lesson now.

Many Americans will burn the house down before agreeing to become Canadian sheep.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada is way too dependent on the American economy and market....better learn your lesson now.

Americans will burn the house down before agreeing to become Canadian sheep.

Trade relationship goes both ways. No one forces Americans to buy Canadian products and Americans benefit from Canadians that buying their products. 

I don't see how effectively defeating this virus makes you guys Canada's sheep? 

BTW has Trump liberated you guys in Minnesota yet? I saw he made that promise on Friday. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

I think this Natural Selection strategy may be just the thing they need.  

Instead of a virus looking for its hosts we have hosts looking for the virus. I don't think I ever recall reading any sci-fi novel that came close to depicting the sort of dystopia we're entering.  

Just now, Boges said:

Trade relationship goes both ways. No one forces Americans to buy Canadian products and Americans benefit from Canadians that buying their products.

That is very much disrupted right now, and may not resume as before.   Canada is more vulnerable because it is more dependent for American market access and capital investment.   "Buy American" will only grow stronger.    Keep the border closed.

I don't see how effectively defeating this virus makes you guys Canada's sheep?

Americans are protesting to get back to work...and it is their right to do so.    Probably lots of Trump voters.   Not sheep.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That is very much disrupted right now, and may not resume as before.   Canada is more vulnerable because it is more dependent for American market access and capital investment.   "Buy American" will only grow stronger.    Keep the border closed.

The border is still open for trade. A mutually beneficial agreement. 

Tourism may suffer, but as you take great pains to remind us, more Canadians come to the US than vice versa. So select US states will suffer more because of that. 

BTW a side-effect of Oil cratering is that less Canadians will want to come to the US because of their dollar, BUT!!!! Americans will be more eager to do business in Canada because the dollar goes farther. 

It was a boom time for Canadian manufacturing when the loonie was 62 cents. 

Americans are protesting to get back to work...and it is their right to do so.    Probably lots of Trump voters.   Not sheep.

It's also their right to die because they're too stupid to listen to public health officials. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

are you referring to this bit you quoted, which actually says nothing?

As Trump surely knows, and as I have learned from people with knowledge of the situation who spoke to me on the condition of confidentiality, 15 officials from his administration were embedded with the WHO in Geneva, working full time, hand-in-glove with the organization on the virus from the very first day China disclosed the outbreak to the world, Dec. 31. At least six other U.S. officials at WHO headquarters dedicated most of their time to the virus, and two others worked remotely with the WHO on covid-19 full time. In the weeks that followed, they and other U.S. government scientists engaged in all major deliberations and decisions at the WHO on the novel coronavirus, had access to all information, and contributed significantly to the world body’s conclusions and recommendations.

Let me break it down for you:

from the very first day China disclosed the outbreak to the world, Dec. 31.

1) So the WHO hadn't even been aware of this until it was almost a full month old. One month after this date, Trump initiated Plan A and blocked all passengers who had been to China within 14 days. Our PM still did nothing for another 45 days after that. The US did not withhold intel from Canada. Our PM just didn't do a single thing about any of it. 

At least six other U.S. officials at WHO headquarters dedicated most of their time to the virus, and two others worked remotely with the WHO on covid-19 full time. In the weeks that followed, they and other U.S. government scientists engaged in all major deliberations and decisions at the WHO on the novel coronavirus, had access to all information, and contributed significantly to the world body’s conclusions and recommendations.

2) Where does this say that any American WHO officials had direct access to pertinent data or medical information which was deemed reliable? Where does it say that they had boots on the ground in Wuhan collecting their own data and information from whatever hospitals they wanted to go to or from the general public, or anything else which leads you to the conclusion that American officials, via their involvement in the WHO, actually had any worthwhile access to critical information?

3) Where does this say when American WHO officials became aware of the fact that some, if not all, infected humans are just carriers of the virus while they remain asymptomatic? 

4) If Americans at the WHO "contributed substantially" to the bottom line of "There's no H2H transmission and blocking travellers from China is not necessary" then Trump is a genius for being ahead of the curve. 

Where's the part that's incriminating eyeball? Do you have the reading comprehension level of a Kindergarten student eyeball? What fucking part of this quote supports a title like "Trump Tells a Damnable and Murderous Lie"? Of all the stupid shit that I've ever seen on MLW this is the absolute worst. 

I honestly hope that this isn't the damning WashPo info that you're hanging your hat on or you're a total idiot. 

Edited by WestCanMan

Just now, Boges said:

The border is still open for trade. A mutually beneficial agreement. 

Tourism may suffer, but as you take great pains to remind us, more Canadians come to the US than vice versa. So select US states will suffer more because of that.

No...there is still trade disruption, for oil, softwood lumber, autos, etc....many things that Canada wants to unload but can't at previous levels.   America ships far more added value finished goods the other way.     Ag product to Canada is already impacted.

Tourism is crippled all around the world for quite some time....nothing special about Canadian tourists who will now have fewer ways to escape from their country each year.

This will be far more disruptive than anything Trump did on tariffs, and we already know how much Canada whined about that.

It's also their right to die because they're too stupid to listen to public health officials. 

New-Hampshire-License-Plate.jpg?fit=744,

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No...there is still trade disruption, for oil, softwood lumber, autos, etc....many things that Canada wants to unload but can't at previous levels.   America ships far more added value finished goods the other way.     Ag product to Canada is already impacted.

I'm not saying things are peachy right now. But the idea that the border is closed to trade is just intellectually dishonest. 

And the fact that the US does ship to Canada and that may suffer is bad for the US. I don't get how you hate Canada so much that you'd prefer to see Americans suffer then the US have a healthy trade relationship with Canada. 

And you say we're obsessed?

Edited by Boges

22 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Americans will burn the house down before agreeing to become Canadian sheep.

I wanna believe you, but Americans did elect Pelosi, Schiff, AOC, Nadler, Hirono, Omar, Biden etc.

If that's not bad enough, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote for the Presidency in 2016 based on an idiotic liberal platform, and communist dolt Bernie Sanders was the most popular candidate in the Dem Primary in 2016, and the 2nd most popular candidate there this time.

Seems like America barely has their head above water right now. 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

I'm not saying things are peachy right now. But the idea that the border is closed to trade is just intellectually dishonest.

News Flash:   the border is closed...almost a month now.   Extended well into May.

Trade has been impacted....remember Freeland begging Trump for 3M masks ?

And the fact that the US does ship to Canada and that may suffer is bad for the US. I don't get how you hate Canada so much that you'd prefer to see Americans suffer then the US have a healthy trade relationship with Canada. 

And you say we're obsessed?

Your economy is obsessed with the United States more than any other country.   The U.S. is far less dependent on export trade and is far more diversified for exports than is Canada.    That's why Trump has so much leverage, and used it over the past three years.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

News Flash:   the border is closed...almost a month now.   Extended well into May.

Trade has been impacted....remember Freeland begging Trump for 3M masks 

Trade was affected in that scenario by an edict from Trump that 3M can't sell to other countries. Not the agreement that was made. 

Trump sounded more eager to open the border to recreational travel than we do. 

Your economy is obsessed with the United States more than any other country.   The U.S. is far less dependent on export trade and is far more diversified for exports than is Canada.    That's why Trump has so much leverage, and used it over the past three years.

Yeah he's decimated Canada's economy. I think the only thing he's accomplished is getting more milk and cheese sold here. Which there's already a glut of. 

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Maybe, but this is when America is at its best....including the Civil War.

Canada knows that if America goes tits up, Canada is in really big trouble as well.

I wouldn't bet a pinched nickel on "what Canadians know" right about now. 

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Maybe, but this is when America is at its best....including the Civil War.

Canada knows that if America goes tits up, Canada is in really big trouble as well.

Which is why it's so cool that so many Americans are willing to die to help this virus cull the herd faster. 

It's very noble. I applaud them. 

Just think, All those Trump rallies when even Major League baseball won't play in front of crowds. 

The virus will have a field day on MAGA voters. 

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You honestly think I have a paid subscription to WashPo? I guess I should have told you that I don't own a bird.

What makes you think I do? In any case the New York Times and Forbes are also reporting the same things. Why would they do that?

“Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion,” President Trump said last month.

An examination reveals the president was warned about the potential for a pandemic but that internal divisions, lack of planning and his faith in his own instincts led to a halting response.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-response.html

What did the nasty, known-to-be-liars liberal rag say that got you in a tizzy eyeball?

I'm not the one in the tizzy here.  

Just now, Boges said:

Trade was affected in that scenario by an edict from Trump that 3M can't sell to other countries. Not the agreement that was made. 

Trump sounded more eager to open the border to recreational travel than we do.

This pandemic is far bigger and longer lasting impact than Trump, who is just another U.S. president.

Supply chains were changing even before the virus...even more so now.

If Canada continues to desperately cling to the U.S. economy, then it will have to also cling to the consequences for doing so.

Yeah he's decimated Canada's economy. I think the only thing he's accomplished is getting more milk and cheese sold here. Which there's already a glut of. 

He has decimated the assumptions and presumptions about America as an "ally" that Canada can always count on and hide behind.

Canada was very naive to expect that "ally" means tolerating Canada's lower productivity, dumping, IP theft, etc.