Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

What makes you think I do? In any case the New York Times and Forbes are also reporting the same things. Why would they do that?

I'm not the one in the tizzy here.  

I'm still not sure there's any MSM that'll classify as non Fake News at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Which is why it's so cool that so many Americans are willing to die to help this virus cull the herd faster. 

It's very noble. I applaud them. 

Just think, All those Trump rallies when even Major League baseball won't play in front of crowds. 

The virus will have a field day on MAGA voters. 

Most of the MAGA states are doing far better than others.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This pandemic is far bigger and longer lasting impact than Trump, who is just another U.S. president.

Supply chains were changing even before the virus...even more so now.

If Canada continues to desperately cling to the U.S. economy, then it will have to also cling to the consequences for doing so.

And many Swing states cling to the Canadian economy. It's astonishing you don't get this. 

It's a mutually beneficial relationship. 

He has decimated the assumptions and presumptions about America as an "ally" that Canada can always count on and hide behind.

Canada was very naive to expect that "ally" means tolerating Canada's lower productivity, dumping, IP theft, etc.

Trump has been more cordial than most when talking about JT. It may be because his wife and daughter like him so much. 

Most of the MAGA states are doing far better than others.

Because MAGA states have the population density of the Sahara. 

It's the swing states that go Trump in the WH you should worry about. 

You never answered, have you been liberated yet? I'll hang up and listen. 

Just now, Boges said:

And many Swing states cling to the Canadian economy. It's astonishing you don't get this. 

It's a mutually beneficial relationship.

It is far more beneficial to Canada's provinces than U.S. states.

EIj5FyWEUO-EJiUReIR1BYLYQjWKHDnc406cU5UH

Trump has been more cordial than most when talking about JT. It may be because his wife and daughter like him so much. 

Trump knows that Trudeau is harmless, even if he wanted to do something he won't/can't.

Because MAGA states have the population density of the Sahara. 

It's the swing states that go Trump in the WH you should worry about. 

You never answered, have you been liberated yet? I'll hang up and listen. 

I am not worried either way....Trump either wins or he loses same as any other U.S. president.

Why it matters so much to you in Canada is far more telling.

My state has relaxed restrictions and more businesses are opening up.

I am not worried either way....Trump either wins or he loses same as any other U.S. president.

Why it matters so much to you in Canada is far more telling.

My state has relaxed restrictions and more businesses are opening up.

Yes, it matters in a thread about Trump and COVID-19. 

But why does it matter so much to you ?

I actually live and vote in the United States...you don't.

The same reason as the result of the Super Bowl matters to me. It doesn't really but it's always fun to root for a result. 

It's interesting to watch such political theatre. 

Except in the case of morons protesting during a global pandemic, it's also astonishing to watch how dumb Americans can be. 

The same reason as the result of the Super Bowl matters to me. It doesn't really but it's always fun to root for a result. 

It's interesting to watch such political theatre. 

Except in the case of morons protesting during a global pandemic, it's also astonishing to watch how dumb Americans can be. 

Why is it astonishing ?    I know they teach lots of American history in Canada...U.S. culture just dominates.  

There will be an election and voters will pick state electors for the EC and a president will be inaugurated in January 2021.

I agree it is far more interesting than Canadian politics, but you already knew that.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why is it astonishing ?    I know they teach lots of American history in Canada...U.S. culture just dominates.  

There will be an election and voters will pick state electors for the EC and a president will be inaugurated in January 2021.

Do you know that a lot of American History is taught in Canada? How do you know this? 

It astonishing because people are told not to go to public places because there's a deadly virus, and people do exactly the opposite. Potentially spreading the virus more and causing more reason to restrict rights. 

Marshall Law hasn't been declared yet has it? 

I agree it is far more interesting than Canadian politics, but you already knew that.

The fallout of the 2008 election was quite interesting IMHO. 

Just now, Boges said:

Do you know that a lot of American History is taught in Canada? How do you know this? 

It astonishing because people are told not to go to public places because there's a deadly virus, and people do exactly the opposite. Potentially spreading the virus more and causing more reason to restrict rights. 

Marshall Law hasn't been declared yet has it?

Because Canadians have told me so.   Canada is afraid of its own history because it is no longer politically correct to celebrate it.

People were told to bend the curve because of health care capacity, which is no longer threatened in many parts of the country.  Some hospitals are actually laying off workers and closing down capacity.

The cure should not be worse than the disease.

The fallout of the 2008 election was quite interesting IMHO. 

Apparently they are all quite interesting and important to Canada.

Americans do not stay up late at night to see who wins Canadian federal elections.   No live shots with riding maps all night on U.S. networks.

9 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What makes you think I do?

Because you asked me why I didn't respond to an article that's behind a paywall maybe?

In any case the New York Times and Forbes are also reporting the same things. Why would they do that?

The Forbes article is titled:

Report: Americans At World Health Organization Told Trump Administration About Coronavirus ‘Late Last Year

The WashPo article says: 

the WHO in Geneva, working full time, hand-in-glove with the organization on the virus from the very first day China disclosed the outbreak to the world, Dec. 31.

So on New Year's Eve this was reported to the WHO, and Forbes is saying that Trump was told "Late Last Year". Do you see any inaccuracy in reporting there? 

I'm not gonna give you the answer to this eyeball. You need to figure it out. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

are you referring to this bit you quoted, which actually says nothing?

Let me break it down for you:

1) So the WHO hadn't even been aware of this until it was almost a full month old. 

US intelligence knew about it in November but that report seems to trigger you into an even greater tizzy so why go there?  In any case Trump still knew everything the WHO knew the same day the WHO knew it.

2) Where does this say that any American WHO officials had direct access to pertinent data or medical information which was deemed reliable? Where does it say that they had boots on the ground in Wuhan collecting their own data and information from whatever hospitals they wanted to go to or from the general public, or anything else which leads you to the conclusion that American officials, via their involvement in the WHO, actually had any worthwhile access to critical information?

Where it says Trump administration officials worked hand in glove with WHO officials. The reports also deal with the question of boots on the ground.  You don't need a subscription to read these reports btw. You can use https://outline.com/ to get access.

3.) Where does this say when American WHO officials became aware of the fact that some, if not all, infected humans are just carriers of the virus while they remain asymptomatic?

It doesn't because it's not relevant to Trump smearing the WHO and blame it for his own failings.  

4) If Americans at the WHO "contributed substantially" to the bottom line of "There's no H2H transmission and blocking travellers from China is not necessary" then Trump is a genius for being ahead of the curve. 

You're ignoring other reports that have proven Trump's travel bans were as effective as Swiss cheese. Yes the WHO did eventually conclude travel bans were a proper course of action but they were probably assuming bans would be properly executed.    

Where's the part that's incriminating eyeball? Do you have the reading comprehension level of a Kindergarten student eyeball? What fucking part of this quote supports a title like "Trump Tells a Damnable and Murderous Lie"? Of all the stupid shit that I've ever seen on MLW this is the absolute worst. 

It supports it right here.

As Trump surely knows, and as I have learned from people with knowledge of the situation who spoke to me on the condition of confidentiality, 15 officials from his administration were embedded with the WHO in Geneva, working full time, hand-in-glove with the organization on the virus from the very first day China disclosed the outbreak to the world, Dec. 31.

This is in direct contrast to where on Trump said

"The world depends on the WHO to work with countries to ensure that accurate information about international health threats is shared in a timely manner, and if it’s not, to independently to tell the world the truth about what is happening.

The WHO failed in this basic duty and must be held accountable"

Trump Press Briefing April 14th

I honestly hope that this isn't the damning WashPo info that you're hanging your hat on or you're a total idiot. 

I'm hanging my hat on Trump's words.

Edited by eyeball

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Because you asked me why I didn't respond to an article that's behind a paywall maybe?

I showed you how to access the article so that's no excuse now.

So on New Year's Eve this was reported to the WHO, and Forbes is saying that Trump was told "Late Last Year". Do you see any inaccuracy in reporting there?

Did you not know that Dec 31st is the same as New Years Eve?  Here's a hint both occurred late last year.

I guess Trump's administration officials at the WHO must have told Trump twice and he still didn't get it. 

Edited by eyeball

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because Canadians have told me so.   Canada is afraid of its own history because it is no longer politically correct to celebrate it.

So it's completely anecdotal. 

Some hospitals are actually laying off workers and closing down capacity.

I'd like to read a cite for that. 

People were told to bend the curve because of health care capacity, which is no longer threatened in many parts of the country.  Some hospitals are actually laying off workers and closing down capacity.

I will concede that certainly places have seen a peak and should start loosening regulations, not until May though. But throwing caution to the wind like seen with protests recently are excellent ways to get a new wave. 

The cure should not be worse than the disease

The quote that Trump used directly from Fox News. Trump listens to Hannity more than he listens to Fauci. 

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

I'd like to read a cite for that.

Here ya go....plain as day...easily found in U.S. media:

I will concede that certainly places have seen a peak and should start loosening regulations, not until May though. But throwing caution to the wind like seen with protests recently are excellent ways to get a new wave.

Already happening...new wave or not.      There will be several peaks over this and next year.

Life (and death) will go on, just as before.

The quote that Trump used directly from Fox News. Trump listens to Hannity more than he listens to Fauci. 

It is a very old saying....Francis Bacon

Here ya go....plain as day...easily found in U.S. media:

That article said people are being laid off because the medical treatment they offer is being scaled back to brace for a COVID-19 influx. 

It indicates the exact opposite of what you were saying. These hospitals are ramping up COVID-19 response so people that do elective healthcare are being laid off. Similar to dentists or massage therapists. 

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

That article said people are being laid off because the medical treatment they offer is being scaled back to brace for a COVID-19 influx. 

It indicates the exact opposite of what you were saying. These hospitals are ramping up COVID-19 response so people that do elective healthcare are being laid off. Similar to dentists or massage therapists. 

Nope....the hospitals desperately need the revenue from elective procedures and cannot wait for the big COVID19 wave to hit.

Cannot pay people to sit around and wait.    

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nope....the hospitals desperately need the revenue from elective procedures and cannot wait for the big COVID19 wave to hit.

Cannot pay people to sit around and wait.    

Just like everywhere in the Economy. 

To justify your statement, you'd see hospitals re-hiring or re-opening those non-essential services that create revenue. 

Just now, Boges said:

Just like everywhere in the Economy. 

To justify your statement, you'd see hospitals re-hiring or re-opening those non-essential services that create revenue. 

Some are doing just that as restrictions are lifted.

Texas, Oklahoma and Alaska are among the first states to begin reopening their economies, including allowing elective surgeries to resume, following the release of new guidance from the White House this week.

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospitals-health-systems/oklahoma-texas-and-alaska-to-begin-allowing-elective-surgeries

There is more to the world than COVID19 paralysis.