Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

20 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

No.   This is a novel virus with multiple strains, you can catch it over and over and you can catch different strains of it

Don't get cocky.

False and one of many misleading statements many make on this virus.  Blame Trump I guess.

Edited by Rue

It has mutated many times, it's mutating in real time, most mutations are harmless, but it is working the problem all the time

The protein spikes on a Coronavirus are like lock picks, they pick the locks to your cells

When it encounters antibodies, it doesn't capitulate, it works the problem

The lock picks try something new, until they hit something that works again

Mutating does not mean you are no longer immune to it..it could in fact mean the opposite...

Edited by Rue

Yes it is.

Our immunity to the Common Cold has been built up for literally millions of years

We can't stop the Common Cold. it's diabolical, but we all have inherent immunity built up against, over generations

This is the Super Cold, and it was just born a few months ago, it has mutated as it goes, you haven't built up immunity to all of it, even if you've caught some of it

Moreover, if you catch it, you are a spreading it to others who haven't caught it yet.

The common cold can be caused by literally an infinite no.of infections, some viruses, some bacterial, some from fungus...medicine aint yourcstrong point..stick to guns...

Edited by Rue

25 minutes ago, Rue said:

The common cold can be caused by literally an infinite no.of infections, some viruses, some bacterial, some from fungus...medicine aint yourcstrong point..stick to guns...

The Common Cold is not caused by infinite infections, it's either picorn, rhino, or most most dangerous strain,  which is coronavirus

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

The Common Cold is not caused by infinite infections, it's either picorn, rhino, or most most dangerous strain,  which is coronavirus

Yes it can be caused by many phenomena  not just the three sources you mentioned.  Go find out, not my job to get you to.

36 minutes ago, Rue said:

False and one of many misleading statements many make on this virus.  Blame Trump I guess.

Again, the corona on the virus can change, then it is something new which you are not immune to

This is what happened in 1919, the Spanish Flu at this point in 1919 was mild, in October of 1919 it found another gear and that's when the megadeath ensued

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The protein spikes are like lockpicks, when they encounter antibodies, they work the problem, antibodies are actually the thing which incites the dangerous mutations

..anti bodies do not just incite dangerous mutations..

Edited by Rue

Sars mutated in a way that makes it harder to treat but very very difficult to be transmitted..so in one sense it became  more lethal and in another sense less lethal ....so black and white all or nothing assumptions about disease and viruses is misleading and leads to false subjective assumptions..

Edited by Rue

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

People don't realize, the Common Cold is lethal, the common coronavirus kills people in nursing homes all the time, just not at this very high rate

It can be lethal for some and an inconsequential annoyance to others even with underlying conditions or old age.

3 minutes ago, Rue said:

It can be lethal for some and an inconsequential annoyance to others even with underlying conditions or old age.

Well since we have no built up immunity against this novel version, it's exponentially more lethal

It's like the guy who runs the nursing home out in Bobcaygeon says that they do see this all the time, they've just never seen it like this, 10 people dying over a single weekend

To quote him "I've never seen anything like this, in 30 years of doing this job"

Edited by Dougie93

2 minutes ago, Rue said:

Your great Satan simply reflects what you assign it in value. Wc Fields is my Satan.

I don't see viruses as being evil, it's like a shark, it's just doing what it was made to do, swim & eat

My wife works for a multinational, she ordered all her people to go home early on, those that kept going to the office got sick

Now they have 26 people in the company who are sick, 4 confirmed cases of COVID, 2 people hospitalized already, neither of whom are old

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Well since we have no built up immunity against this novel version, it's exponentially more lethal

It's like the guy who runs the nursing home out in Bobcaygeon says that they do see this all the time, they've just never seen it like this, 10 people dying over a single weekend

To quote him "I've never seen anything like this, in 30 years of doing this job"

That is the very point, he has limited subjective  perspective and he was probably crying out loud so to speak. I am sure he did not do it to make you fear what he saw...he was showing  respect for the dead...

You choose to repeat his words and not the words of say  someone who has treated things far worse, I.e., Ebola, Sars, Aids, Zeka, Cholera, etc., because you choose to assign his momentary here and now  observation for the vision of your Satan. 

When someone wakes up crying from a nightmare, no point repeating what they saw unless you are their therapist..even then you have to be careful how you repeat it for any good to come out of it.

5 minutes ago, Rue said:

That is the very point, he has limited subjective  perspective and he was probably crying out loud so to speak. I am sure he did not do it to make you fear what he saw...he was showing  respect for the dead...

You choose to repeat his words and not the words of say  someone who has treated things far worse, I.e., Ebola, Sars, Aids, Zeka, Cholera, etc., because you choose to assign his momentary here and now  observation for the vision of your Satan. 

When someone wakes up crying from a nightmare, no point repeating what they saw unless you are their therapist..even then you have to be careful how you repeat it for any good to come out of it.

Whatever, I've said my peace on it, if you want to, go out into the hot zone and dance with the bug, it's not my problem

4 hours ago, Shady said:

From link-

If Germany has an advantage in the fight against COVID-19, it has probably been in its testing, with close to one million people swabbed and analyzed over the past three weeks and lab capacity now up to half-a-million samples per week.

More testing, more mild cases found, lower death rate out of total. The German numbers are close to US numbers on the rate. This is a very low rate, and probably the best data we have from all countries.

Edited by OftenWrong

15 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

From link-

If Germany has an advantage in the fight against COVID-19, it has probably been in its testing, with close to one million people swabbed and analyzed over the past three weeks and lab capacity now up to half-a-million samples per week.

More testing, more mild cases found, lower death rate out of total. The German numbers are close to US numbers on the rate. This is a very low rate, and probably the best data we have from all countries.

"We are very well aware that in a couple of weeks, we may be in big trouble."