Warning to All MLW Members - Fear and the Cronavirus

Guest ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative

Every school in Japan is closed right now. What are we doing, almost nothing. Everyone who just got back from Iran... Should be under manditory qurentine. I'd feel safer in Russia right now. Putin will be able to mainstain social stability. I have a feeling Russia is going to do very well.

If I was running Canada, I would nationalize 100 factories and force them to produce Hazmat suits, as quick as possible. Send them to every hospital, and give them to the Army.

All our schools should be closed. Force all teachers to provide lessons on Youtube.

Edited by ProudConservative

Stock-pilers, anti-bacterial soaps are more pricey!  Don't get sucked in.

Antibacterial Soap? You Can Skip It, Use Plain Soap and Water

To date, the benefits of using antibacterial hand soap haven’t been proven. In addition, the wide use of these products over a long time has raised the question of potential negative effects on your health.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/antibacterial-soap-you-can-skip-it-use-plain-soap-and-water

12 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

That being said, in the event of pandemic, it's actually better to have a totally useless government with a vastly under strength army.

That way they don't have enough boots on the ground to haul you away kicking and screaming, like they are in China right now.

The less government the better,  because they ain't coming to save you.

Good thing we still have our Military Style Assault Weapons, the Liberals haven't even got their gun grabbing legislation passed yet.

Really? You think it is better to not try to contain the spread of a virus?

You need only compare the spread and death rates of AIDS in Africa compared to first world countries with their ''Nanny States'' to see how that pans out.

The best way to combat infectious diseases like this is through education and isolation (ie quarantine) and these require a strong central government with the funds to carry it out.

Rugged individualism isn't going to help you much when big, expensive, nationwide measures need to be taken.

Edited by Iceni warrior

29 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Rugged individualism isn't going to help you much when big, expensive, nationwide measures need to be taken.

In the event of a pandemic, those measures are martial law and dragging people off to death camps.

In China they are welding the doors of apartment buildings shut, trapping the people they didn't drag away inside.

The government is not out to save me, they are simply trying to save the Establishment, which I don't care for.

Hard pass on your government measures, I'll be out in the boonies with my guns,  but you go ahead and enjoy.

Edited by Dougie93

5 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

Every school in Japan is closed right now. What are we doing, almost nothing. Everyone who just got back from Iran... Should be under manditory qurentine. I'd feel safer in Russia right now. Putin will be able to mainstain social stability. I have a feeling Russia is going to do very well.

If I was running Canada, I would nationalize 100 factories and force them to produce Hazmat suits, as quick as possible. Send them to every hospital, and give them to the Army.

All our schools should be closed. Force all teachers to provide lessons on Youtube.

Enough. Calm down and go deal with your issue. Seriously. 

16 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

In the event of a pandemic, those measures are martial law and dragging people off to death camps.

In China they are welding the doors of apartment buildings shut, trapping the people they didn't drag away inside.

The government is not out to save me, they are simply trying to save the Establishment, which I don't care for.

Hard pass on your government measures, I'll be out in the boonies with my guns,  but you go ahead and enjoy.

The alternative to taking measures is to do nothing and let the virus infect much larger numbers.

In that scenario everyone is worse off.

18 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

The alternative to taking measures is to do nothing and let the virus infect much larger numbers.

In that scenario everyone is worse off.

The government is not actually doing anything about the spread, that's all hand waving, the government has said to "self monitor" and that's about it.

They can't actually stop a pandemic, it's binary,  either it is one, or it isn't.  If it isn't, then no big deal, if it is, then the government can't save you.

The best defense is social isolation, the government dragging you off to a death camp because you have a fever,  is contrary to that imperative.

Even the doctors in those death camps are freaking out, they want to escape, but they are prisoners as much as the patients.

Edited by Dougie93

Just now, Dougie93 said:

The government is not actually doing anything about the spread, that's all hand waving, the government has said to "self monitor" and that's about it.

They can't actually stop a pandemic, it;'s binary, it either is one, or it isn't.  If it isn't, then no big deal, if it is, then the government can't save you.

The government can do things to slow the spread. Ban incoming flights from hotspots and quarantine those known to have travelled from those areas for example. They can also improve healthcare resources so that people infected have a better chance of survival and launch information campaigns so that people know what best practise is in cases of highly contagious diseases.

They can step in to help with the distribution of resources and they can reduce looting and the destruction of property when panic sets in.

None of these things are going to be acheived by individuals.

Just now, Iceni warrior said:

The government can do things to slow the spread. Ban incoming flights from hotspots and quarantine those known to have travelled from those areas for example. They can also improve healthcare resources so that people infected have a better chance of survival and launch information campaigns so that people know what best practise is in cases of highly contagious diseases.

They can step in to help with the distribution of resources and they can reduce looting and the destruction of property when panic sets in.

None of these things are going to be acheived by individuals.

The government of Canada is not banning any flights, flights arriving at Pearson right now, from Iran, from Italy, from Korea, even from China.

The media is reporting that there is no medical screening at the airport whatsoever.

As an individual, I stay as far away from this idiot government as i can, at all times, because I worked for them at the sharp end, so I know how dangerous they are.

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The government of Canada is not banning any flights, flights arriving at Pearson right now, from Iran, from Italy, from Korea, even from China.

The media is reporting that there is no medical screening at the airport whatsoever.

As an individual, I stay as far away from this idiot government as i can, at all times, because I worked for them at the sharp end, so I know how dangerous they are.

Sounds like you need a stronger government not a weaker one.

2 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Sounds like you need a stronger government not a weaker one.

You would say that, because you're a communist.

The bright side of a pandemic is that it would hit the cities the hardest, which is where all the leftists live, so let it burn.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The bright side of a pandemic is that it would hit the cities the hardest, which is where all the leftists live, so let it burn.

Crowded ice hockey matches will be one of the first victims. International rugby has already been affected.

16 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Yeah, yeah, no such thing as society. Heard it all before from the milk snatcher

On 2/27/2020 at 8:39 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Fear is a virus, and you've been infected.  Doesn't hurt to be prepared but let's keep things in perspective.

Panic is ever a solution to anything. I agree.