Can Canada not bring 'Jihadi Jack' back to Canada?

This is why the Americans resorted to torture, they were just sweeping people up without any hard evidence against them, so once they did, they had to extract confessions from them somehow to justify why they were keeping them in concentration camps.

Canadians of course have other countries do our torturing for us, like Egypt and Syria, the evil Assad which the Government of Canada rendered Canadians to for torturing to extract confessions.

Why anybody in this country has anytime whatsoever for this government which will ship us off to Syria to be tortured at their whim, is beyond me, criminal government deserves no fealty.

Edited by Dougie93

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canadians of course have other countries do our torturing for us, like Egypt and Syria, the evil Assad which the Government of Canada rendered Canadians to for torturing to extract confessions.

Not condoning torture but do you really think any of these scumbags are going to confess?  They already know there's no way to charge them and no way to make anything stick in a court of law.  Short of a confession, there's absolutely nothing any country can do.

Andrew Scheer accused him of committing "monstrous crimes!" and that was what made me look to see what they were, finding not much at all when I did.

Do you imagine that these people are going to an ISIS-controlled war zone to have a relaxing holiday?  We all saw on the news the brutality of what was going on there.  It's not like they were hiding it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Goddess

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Not condoning torture but do you really think any of these scumbags are going to confess?  They already know there's no way to charge them and no way to make anything stick in a court of law.  Short of a confession, there's absolutely nothing any country can do.

Do you imagine that these people are going to an ISIS-controlled war zone to have a relaxing holiday?  We all saw on the news the brutality of what was going on there.

I will mass murder people with state sanction of the British Crown under the lawful chain of command within the confines of national and international law and the laws of armed conflict, but as a Christian soldier, I refuse to torture prisoners under any circumstances.

As to simply being in a war zone in Syria controlled by ISIS, that is no crime in of itself, what evidence is there that this fellow actually participated in the brutal crimes on behalf of ISIS? I'm not seeing it.

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

As to simply being in a war zone in Syria controlled by ISIS, that is no crime in of itself, what evidence is there that this fellow actually participated in the brutal crimes on behalf of ISIS? I'm not seeing it.

Yes, I know you don't see it.

Everyone there was just "on holiday" and had  no idea that they were going to an ISIS-controlled war zone, or that such atrocities were being committed all around them, right in the open, and being filmed for propaganda. 

Just now, Goddess said:

Yes, I know you don't see it.

Everyone there was just "on holiday" and had  no idea that they were going to an ISIS-controlled war zone, or that such atrocities were being committed all around them, right in the open, and being filmed for propaganda. 

I defend and uphold the rule of law, to jettison that, to convict people based on public hysteria, to torture prisoners, would be to lower myself to the level of these barbarians, which I will not do.

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Frankly, whether they were there to take part in the brutality or whether they were there in a supporting role, it  matters not to me.  They should all be in prison.

With no evidence?  Guilt by association? No hard evidence of that even?

Hence why I find Canada and Canadians to be alien to me now, I don't even know this country anymore, it's no wonder it's become a lawless banana republic, apparently that's how Canadians want it, thus why I wash my hands of them.

These "Counterterrorism Laws" that the government's pass are totalitarian police state laws, thought crime, guilt by association, conviction by public hysteria, extra-judicial black holes, you are putting your necks in a noose, they empower the government to run amok, they are Enabling Laws as the Nazis called them.

20 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

With no evidence?  Guilt by association? No hard evidence of that even?

Hence why I find Canada and Canadians to be alien to me now, I don't even know this country anymore, it's no wonder it's become a lawless banana republic, apparently that's how Canadians want it, thus why I wash my hands of them.

So, in your view, we do nothing, let them all back into their respective countries to roam freely.

I find that view alien and un-Canadian.  And quite naive to believe or even to argue that these people are innocent.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Goddess said:

So, in your view, we do nothing, let them all back into their respective countries to roam freely.

I find that view alien and un-Canadian.  And quite naive to believe or even to argue that these people are innocent.

Everybody is innocent until proven guilty where I come from, but I guess you can consider me to be un-Canadian by that then, I'm proudly un-Canadian actually, I'm going to go take the Red Ensign down and fly Old Glory instead, in honor of being un-Canadian.   Deo Vindice.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I think returning ISIS members would make ideal skeet targets. Sure...they're a little hard to fit in the catapults...but where there's a will... 

They're no different than the Saudis, they basically follow the doctrine of the House of Saud, which Canada ships billions to for oil and state of the art weapons along with.

The brutal crimes of ISIS are business as usual with your stalwart allies in Riyadh.

Edited by Dougie93

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

They're no different than the Saudis, they basically follow the doctrine of the House of Saud, which Canada ships billions to for oil and state of the art weapons along with.

The brutal crimes of ISIS are business as usual with your stalwart allies in Riyadh.

So you're *not* going to assist me loading them onto skeet catapults...fine.

More fun for me.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So you're *not* going to assist me loading them onto skeet catapults...fine.

More fun for me.

I don't want to kill people, I have no bloodlust for that, I will only kill for UN Article 51 collective and individual self defense, but I honor all organized surrenders, and I certainly do not execute prisoners arbitrarily. 

See; I have a lust for freedom, I'm a freedom lover, for me to lower myself to the level of Daesh and do as they do by executing prisoners summarily, would be a prison unto itself.

They are the forces of darkness, I am the forces of light, Jesus is Lord, and only he shall judge them in the end.

Edited by Dougie93

13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

See; I have a lust for freedom, I'm a freedom lover, for me to lower myself to the level of Daesh and do as they do by executing prisoners summarily, would be a prison unto itself.

They are the forces of darkness, I am the forces of light, Jesus is Lord, and only he shall judge them in the end.

Is there a way for you to be both a lover of freedom AND also not allow terrorists to roam freely?  

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Is there a way for you to be both a lover of freedom AND also not allow terrorists to roam freely?  

National and international law and the laws of armed conflict, I certainly will kill them for you within the confines of the law, I simply will not murder lawlessly, as that would make me one of them.

The only real difference between me and them, is that I defend and uphold the rule of law and Peace of Westphalia, and they do not.

Don't think I wouldn't chop a man's head off, green light go armed conflict within the law, I'm going to close with and destroy with maximum speed violence and aggression, body parts flying everywhere.

But you see, that needs to be compartmentalized, what is done on the battlefield is extremis, that guy I keep in a cage, break glass in case of war.

If you let that guy out of his cage, short of war with state sanction; then you are the dictionary definition of a terrorist.

That goes for lawless arbitrary imprisonment as well, as I for one, as a freedom lover, would rather die with my boots on than rot in a dungeon for the rest of my days.

Edited by Dougie93

20 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

This was further reinforced by my surrogate fathers in the military,

Contrary to popular myth, they don't actually just order you around and control your actions.

Orders is not bossing you around, orders is assigning you a mission.

You are a member of a team, you have a job to do, everybody is relying on you, there is no safety net.

Do the job, do it right, the first time, even when nobody is watching, especially when nobody is watching.

In essence, this expands to encompass your neighbors, and society at large, it's a free county, or at least it was when I was growing up.

We had far more exotic opportunities to get into and out of trouble.Usually went relatively undetected except when the C Pro C came knocking at the door.  

The Meatheads were pretty good about it, as if they pushed the issue, you old man could be upon charges.

BTW: my "helicpotered" son-in-law did go backpacking in Afghanistan.  Has the citation, medals, etc. to show for it.  You wouldn't believe some of the places on this planet and situations our baby has been in and out of (we also consider ourselves a LOT more protective parents than mine were) and seems to manage on her own (to be clear, her first words were not "Mama" but some variation of "I effing well do it myself").  Not every millenial kid is a basket case.

1 minute ago, cannuck said:

Not every millenial kid is a basket case.

No indeed, those of them who took the Queen's Schilling, or rucked up for the United States Constitution,  are some of the greatest soldiers of all time, but you're talking less than 1% of them there, so specific to general fallacy I would say.  

Once you take the Queen's Schilling, or ruck up for America, you are a class unto yourself, the warrior class, the eternal generation, all the way back to the Hoplites at Marathon.

That is why it is a privilege to serve;

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
Always a little further; it may be
Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
Across that angry or that glimmering sea,

Qui Ose Gagne.

Greco-Roman Western World, the story of my people.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't want to kill people, I have no bloodlust for that, I will only kill for UN Article 51 collective and individual self defense, but I honor all organized surrenders, and I certainly do not execute prisoners arbitrarily. 

Humor...some folks get it.