Can Canada not bring 'Jihadi Jack' back to Canada?

Like the two guys China grabbed, I'm not saying they are spies, but it would not surprise me at all if they were assets and the Chinese know and that's why they grabbed them specifically.

They might not even be assets for Canada per se, they could be working for MI6 or the CIA as well.

The have the profile of spies, they are supposedly clean, but also vague, what they were actually doing in China is not clear and seems like it could be cover legends.

Why would Beijing pick these two guys to grab? They just picked them at random? 

Quiet sure Beijing views Meng Wanzhou as their asset, and what countries usually do in this situation is grab your assets in retaliation, your spies which they have under surveillance are taken as hostages, eye for an eye.

Edited by Dougie93

In a statement released by Goodale's office... "There is no legal obligation to facilitate their return," the statement read. "We are not able to comment on specific cases or national security operational matters."

Sounds like Trudeau is going to need to reign Ralph in and sit him down and explain the Liberal perspective to him.  We can't have Goodale going around "devaluing citizenship for all Canadians".

Trudeau says Bill C-24 makes citizenship conditional upon 'good behaviour'

“The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... because I do,” Trudeau told a Winnipeg town hall in July. “And I'm willing to take on anyone who disagrees with that. He added: “As soon as you make citizenship for some Canadians conditional on good behaviour, you devalue citizenship for everyone.”

I bet the old guard of the Liberal party wishes JT would just keep these thoughts to himself, rather than try to smugly display his superior virtue.  He must make it hard for the adults in the party to get things done.

Edited by Spiderfish

I like Ralph Goodale, yeah, he is a Liberal Party of Canada apparatchik, but at least he's a serious guy, an adult in the room.

As for devaluing Canadian citizenship, Canadians are subjects of the British Crown whether they like it or not, in extremis, Defence of the Realm, the Crown has broad latitude to deal with the enemies of the Crown harshly, to include expulsion.

In fact,  expulsion is a grand Canadian tradition, after all, one of the Greatest Canadians of them all, William Lyon MacKenzie, faced expulsion to America from 1837-1849, Old Glory his protector, the flag that makes you free.

Edited by Dougie93

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

As for devaluing Canadian citizenship, Canadians are subjects of the British Crown whether they like it or not, in extremis, Defence of the Realm, the Crown has broad latitude to deal with the enemies of the Crown harshly, to include expulsion.

If that's the case, maybe the GG needs to sit down with Trudeau and explain this in words that he will understand before he goes and invites any more "subjects of the British Crown" turned terrorists into the country.  I'm sure Goodale would appreciate it....as would the rest of us.

Edited by Spiderfish

4 minutes ago, Spiderfish said:

If that's the case, maybe the GG needs to sit down with Trudeau and explain this in words that he will understand before he goes and invites any more "subjects of the British Crown" turned terrorists into the country.  I'm sure Goodale would appreciate it....as would the rest of us.

Julie Payette?  She's a dingbat, she is totally clueless, all she does is go around complaining about having to do the job and how it's not cushy enough for her, but according to the Constitution, contrary to popular Canadian pseudo republican sentiment, Julie Payette is not Queen, the GG is the ceremonial position, the ultimate constituional power still rests at Buckingham Palace.

Now, as for Elizabeth Windsor, the actual Commander-in-Chief, not that I could ever speak for Her of course, but from what I know about Her, while she is classically liberal, when it comes to Defence of the Realm, she takes a hard line, she was in fact a soldier, veteran of the Second World War, bombed in the Blitz, so I seriously doubt she has any sympathy whatsoever for those who fight for Daesh, and so I don't see Her having much issue with expulsion in this case.

28 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I like Ralph Goodale, yeah, he is a Liberal Party of Canada apparatchik, but at least he's a serious guy, an adult in the room.

He used to be, until he went from representing the people in his riding in SK, to representing Trudeau's brand and pushing his idealistic garbage on an unappreciative constituency of people he represented.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

He's not in Syrian custody, he's being held by the YPG Kurds,   If the Kurds turn him over to the Syrians, the Syrians will execute him without further ado,

Lately I've been quite saddened to see newspapers from communist China and articles in Al Jazeera being more straighforward and truthful than our media here in Canada. The fact that countries in the middle east can make better decisions than our own government is even more alarming. 

Trudeau is doing an excellent job of destroying nationalism here. My pride of country is dropping like a lead balloon lately.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Ultimately they have the nuclear option of Ministerial Certificate, which is the Minister of Public Safety ordering you to be taken into custody under authority of the Queen, national security imperative, then he could be held indefinitely.

That's an extra-judicial black hole mind you, that is in essence a martial law, so that wouldn't be the Liberals style, but if there was enough public outcry they might feel the need.

At the end of the day, if you're not going to impose martial law on a Daesh, what is the point of having martial laws on the books then?

Basically you just declare him to be a prisoner of war, and treat him like a POW under Geneva.

If there was outcry it would just give them the chance to scream "RACISM, XENOPHOBIA" all the louder. Trudeau won't be phased at all.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

If there was outcry it would just give them the chance to scream "RACISM, XENOPHOBIA" all the louder. Trudeau won't be phased at all.

Oh, I would expect the Trudeau Liberals to be terrorist huggers, bring on the chaos, I was just laying out options available to them which forum members may not be aware of, FYI

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Lately I've been quite saddened to see newspapers from communist China and articles in Al Jazeera being more straighforward and truthful than our media here in Canada. The fact that countries in the middle east can make better decisions than our own government is even more alarming. 

Trudeau is doing an excellent job of destroying nationalism here. My pride of country is dropping like a lead balloon lately.

Canada is a rogue state, the Liberal Party of Canada de facto one party state, it's a Potemkin Village, there's no there there, they are pretenders to the throne, none the less they are the self appointed aristocracy which includes all the Canadian MSM which are really just state propaganda arms now, very similar to TASS and Pravda.

Be at peace tho, you owe no allegiance to this Confederation per se, the Confederation is not a country, it's just an agreement, the Queen is your country, House of Windsor, not as the Queen of England, she's double hatted as the US military says, she's the Queen of Canada straight from Buckingham Palace to you, that chain of command doesn't go through Whitehall in London.

And it doesn't go through Ottawa neither, unless you insert yourself into the Canadian chain of command, by joining the Canadian Forces, RCMP etc.

Now that I am (ret.) my chain of command is straight from me to the CinC, a constitutional monarchy is ostensibly a free country still, and in a free country, you owe particular allegiance to the government.  

In the Republic of the United States of America, they only bear allegiance to the constitution.

In HM Confederation of the Dominion of Canada, the Queen is the living embodiment of the constitution.

Case in point; how could the Bloc Quebecois and Parti Quebecois be legitimate, if you had to bear allegiance to Confederation?

They are legitimate, because they invoking their direct relationship to the Queen, invoking the power of the Queen as their protector, in order to leave Confederation, by peaceful democratic self determination, because that is a right which Her Majesty defends, even if the Liberal Party of Canada does not like it.

Edited by Dougie93

And there are other ways you can express appropriate contempt for this Post National State Liberal Fake Country.

For example I do not fly the currently official flag of Canada, it's some made up bullshit Liberal Party of Canada flag cooked up in 1965 with a silly contest.

I continue to fly the Red Ensign, the Loyalist colours of Canada.

Same thing with the Liberal Party of Canada song, I never sing O' Canada, "in all of us command" SJW anthem.

God save the Queen, the Maple Leaf Forever, f*ck O' Canada.

50 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Be at peace tho, you owe no allegiance to this Confederation per se, the Confederation is not a country, it's just an agreement, the Queen is your country, House of Windsor, not as the Queen of England, she's double hatted as the US military says, she's the Queen of Canada straight from Buckingham Palace to you, that chain of command doesn't go through Whitehall in London.

And it doesn't go through Ottawa neither, unless you insert yourself into the Canadian chain of command, by joining the Canadian Forces, RCMP etc.

Now that I am (ret.) my chain of command is straight from me to the CinC, a constitutional monarchy is ostensibly a free country still, and in a free country, you owe particular allegiance to the government.  

In the Republic of the United States of America, they only bear allegiance to the constitution.

In HM Confederation of the Dominion of Canada, the Queen is the living embodiment of the constitution.

Case in point; how could the Bloc Quebecois and Parti Quebecois be legitimate, if you had to bear allegiance to Confederation?

They are legitimate, because they invoking their direct relationship to the Queen, invoking the power of the Queen as their protector, in order to leave Confederation, by peaceful democratic self determination, because that is a right which Her Majesty defends, even if the Liberal Party of Canada does not like it.

queen, queen, queen, blah, blah, blah . . . . do you ever get as tired as the rest of us with all your queen bullshit ?  :rolleyes:

October 21st . . . . please vote.

14 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

queen, queen, queen, blah, blah, blah . . . . do you ever get as tired as the rest of us with all your queen bullshit ?  :rolleyes:

October 21st . . . . please vote.

I never tire of defending and upholding the British Crown in North America against the Fenian bastards, that is in fact the purpose of Canada, you just don't know the central narrative of your own history.

And I always vote, it is my duty, to the Glorious Revolution of 1688, the story of my people.

Edited by Dougie93

4 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

all the Canadian MSM which are really just state propaganda arms now, very similar to TASS and Pravda.

An arm of the Liberal Party of Canada, for sure. They don't even hide the paycheques anymore. 

If Putin just gave TASS $695 million right after an election and then gave another $600M to other "select" media outlets before the next election the CBC would scream "THEIR ELECTIONS ARE FAKE!"

What I don't get is how CTV didn't manage to get their slice of the pie. They're the biggest Liberal fanboys out there.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

An arm of the Liberal Party of Canada, for sure.

The Liberal Party of Canada is the state, the state of Confederation, that Confederation is and always was sub-national to the British Crown, but within the structure of the agreement of the federation, the Liberal Party of Canada has over the years entrenched itself in every organ of governance, it's called an Elite Consensus,  the opposition parties are all subservient to it, so are by design a fake opposition bait and switch stalking horse for a de facto one party state.

Remember when Stephen Harper was a right wing firebrand full of piss and vinegar?

Soon as he got into office, he didn't do a thing, he just nibbled around the margins a bit, for nine years,  then handed the ball back to the Liberals on downs.

That was always going to happen and it's going to happen in the unlikely event that Sheercuck ever gets into office too.

Edited by Dougie93

So after an enriching career of lopping off heads for the caliphate, Jihadi Jack thinks he will retire in Canada where he's heard of $10 million reimbursements and business opportunities buying strip malls.     Only in Canada eh !